Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Confession 2: I do not understand peoples' obsession with beards (no offense "Tincan"...I think you are great and one of the main reasons I come back every day). When I see posts with actors pre and post beard, I ALWAYS think they are way better looking without the beard. Just not a fan, I guess. That being said, I haven't seen my husband without a goatee (not a REAL beard, I know) for over 12 years.

My husband goes full mountain man and grows a beard during hunting season. I have to admit, I'm always a little disappointed when he shaves it off.
    My husband keeps a full beard and lets his hair grow out during the winter. Springtime- short hair and goatee. I'm always sad when he makes the transition.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I think Im doing this website wrong- don't get me wrong, I am losing steadily, and keeping within my calorie goals - but instead of pre- planning meals in close to the correct amounts, I just tell myself things like, "I'll have lasagna for dinner, I can work out after to burn any excess". or "oops, I went over, time for a bike ride". It's still working, but I just feel like it's not the "correct" way.

You're doing it right!
    You are absolutely doing it right if it's working for you!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

@Francl27‌ You and my daughter would get along famously! She ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS has room for dessert. Especially is ice cream is involved.

I've eaten dessert knowing without a doubt that I will end up regretting it physically. The most recent case was Applebee's with the Apple ChimicheesecaKEOHGODGETINMYMOUTH...sorry... I knew when I ordered it that I had already overeaten on dinner and anything more was going to make me feel bloated, but damn if I didn't near lick the plate. Couldn't move from the recliner when I got home. It was awful...awfully tasty!

I literally laughed out loud at this!

We went to dinner with some friends last Tuesday and I was so stuffed on chips and salsa that I couldn't finish my dinner, but you better believe I ordered dessert. The waitress came back and said they were out of whatever it was that I ordered (now that I think of it, I think it was some sort of fried cheesecake concoction) and asked if I wanted anything else. I said no, but then proceeded to eat the fried cinnamon and sugar coated tortillas and from my husband's dessert AND the fried cinnamon coated tortilla bowl from my friend's fried ice cream.

Hi, my name is Mo, and I LOVE fried cinnamon and sugar tortillas.

This makes me want sopapillas with & honey so bad.

That is exactly the first thing I thought of when I read that! As kids we'd get sopapillas for desert and proceed to FILL in inside with honey. Um, doesn't work out all that well when you try to take that first (and all subsequent) bites. What a disaster! But, hey, we were kids, right? And it was a yummy mess!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't call my beard a beard, I call it "thigh-liner."

Edit, that sounds way more crude than I intended, when I'm being playful and get a comment on my beard, I'll refer to it as my thigh-liner. I don't just stand around calling it that.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

Word.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: The 'Pushy Co-Workers' thread in Food & Nutrition is a real read. Wow, glad I am not the OP. I can only imagine the amount of people who want to ask questions but don't. :|

We're all *kitten* here outside of this thread, I think. I just jumped down some dude's throat on another thread for not answering a question when he replied to a different comment and he wasn't even the one to whom I asked the question!

This one is taking off now, too. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10120082/for-my-people-simple-tip/p1

It already has spiders and Moses on page 1.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Confession: The 'Pushy Co-Workers' thread in Food & Nutrition is a real read. Wow, glad I am not the OP. I can only imagine the amount of people who want to ask questions but don't. :|

We're all *kitten* here outside of this thread, I think. I just jumped down some dude's throat on another thread for not answering a question when he replied to a different comment and he wasn't even the one to whom I asked the question!

This one is taking off now, too. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10120082/for-my-people-simple-tip/p1

The sass on that thread is worth the read. Tincan where are you with the peep follow up..the people have spoken!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Edit, that sounds way more crude than I intended, when I'm being playful and get a comment on my beard, I'll refer to it as my thigh-liner. I don't just stand around calling it that.

I don't usually type lol or say I laughed out loud, because I want that *kitten* to have meaning.

LOL at your edit. I died.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Well, that version would be much more entertaining!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Oh, my - it's a wonder I ever get anything done! These threads. You just have NO idea what crazy direction they will take.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I mean, I like you, but *kitten* off for showing me that. Why don't you want me to get anything done?
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So I about to go to work right now and I'm pretty sure my manager is going to make me taste some wine tonight so that way I can describe and recommend pairing for customers...
    I have about 20 wines to go through.

can I tell you how GLAD I am that I actually have room in it for today and everything else is prelogged?

+1 for wine.

Now, I hope they don't try to do a food tasting alone with it because I will for sure go over for the day.

We can save that for tomorrow :]
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession 1: For the first time ever, I decided to get some movement in on my lunch break at work. I am sure I burned extra calories, as I was going "faster" than the video because I was so paranoid someone would come back from lunch early and see me. (I am the only female in a 16 employee workplace)

Confession 2: I do not understand peoples' obsession with beards (no offense "Tincan"...I think you are great and one of the main reasons I come back every day). When I see posts with actors pre and post beard, I ALWAYS think they are way better looking without the beard. Just not a fan, I guess. That being said, I haven't seen my husband without a goatee (not a REAL beard, I know) for over 12 years.

I've NEVER seen my husband without a mustache and we've been together for 15 years. I think it would be really weird! Can't even picture it, really.

My husband shaved once in the 17 years we have been together and I couldn't even look at him. It was like a stranger walked in the room.

I just remembered my 2 year old daughter crying very hard when he tried to play/cuddle with her. That much of a change.

My partner has a grade 1 hair cut but often leaves it ages between cuts. He looks so different after a haircut that when my daughter was a baby she would not recognise him and would scream if he tried to hold her.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I mean, I like you, but *kitten* off for showing me that. Why don't you want me to get anything done?

This is why when I'm working, I don't even open MFP to log. There have been days I've come in to add a string cheese and been here for an hour after, then still forget to log the damn cheese.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    So I about to go to work right now and I'm pretty sure my manager is going to make me taste some wine tonight so that way I can describe and recommend pairing for customers...
    I have about 20 wines to go through.

can I tell you how GLAD I am that I actually have room in it for today and everything else is prelogged?

+1 for wine.

Now, I hope they don't try to do a food tasting alone with it because I will for sure go over for the day.

We can save that for tomorrow :]

As a food buyer, I have to know much about wine too, I go to tastings and have a fun "wine wheel" to help describe the flavors of wines.

Another movie recommendation, it's called "Somm" and it's a documentary about 4-5 guys who are all going for their Master Sommolier exams. If you want to see a perfect case study for narcissism and obsessive compulsion.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I saw that one.

It reminded me too much of the time my SO, his son and I were supposed to go out of town together and the son wanted to go to a particular restaurant for supper. SO asked him to check out the menu online to see if there was anything I would like (I eat pescetarian) and the son said, "They'll have salads, she can just order one of those". Grrrr.

I'm not on a diet, nor am I vegetarian... a salad is not a "meal" in my world, it's a starter... and if we're going out for a nice dinner I sure as hell don't want to order just a salad.

I totally over-identified with that poor girl.

edit: spelling
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hate the word "delicious." It sounds so stupid to me. Especially when a guy says it.

I also hate when people say (or type) nom nom nom to indicate that something is delicious.

I have no idea why these things bother me.........

My better half insists that you cannot use the word "delicious" to describe beverages.

I respectfully disagree with your better half. For exampe "That beer was DELICIOUS I think I'll have 10 more."

It's all about context you see.
  • mkn69
    mkn69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    ovinas1 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    mkakids wrote: »
    When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

Have you even frozen brownie batter? OMG......AMAZING. it never fully solidifies, and is like batter soft serve. Heaven!

Today I had to actively stop myself from buying a box of brownie mix today at Target and doing this. I had the box in my hand and everything. And I was trying to think of ways to portion them, so I could have frozen brownie batter for the next week or so.

I know, I want to do it also. Shhhhh >:)

LOL. This may be the wrong thread for us! :p

I'm thinking the same thing! I'm this close to going to get this stuff after work!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good news!

For those of you who do not like the taste of Marshmallow Peeps, you can still get all the benefits of the cleanse, without the nasty Peep taste!

asiqeo6l8qqo.jpg
  • breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I don't usually type lol or say I laughed out loud, because I want that *kitten* to have meaning.

LOL at your edit. I died.

LOLOLOLOLOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!