Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    HA! For Mother's Day, I asked to go camping. Now my hubby HAS to take me. Win! (And I already booked the camping spot... >:) )

So are you going "glamping"? Or actual sleep in a tent, cook over a fire camping? I grew up with the latter. We LOVED camping as kids! Play in the woods and creeks all day, help cook food over an open fire, sleep in sleeping bags in a tent. When I got older I realized what a load of work that was for my mom and all the other moms there. Camping should be fun; not work. We did cabin camping when our kids were young. I was a much more lazy mom I guess. But, the kids had fun and no one got eaten by a bear.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    The hard hitting questions

Sometimes, I have to ask the hard hitting questions.

Uh oh, people are getting upset! I thought there was something wrong with the thread. I guess I've never seen a thread with that many posts and no avatars. Careful - that might get you banned and we all wouldn't want that!

If it gets to hot, maybe I'll go as SecretAgentLemonade

Well, you're going to have to alert us if you change your name because like I've said before, I cannot even keep up with your avatars! What is this new one? I'll have to go look on your profile page...

sharks_with_frickin_laser_beams_attached_postcard-p239174773458964175trdg_400.jpg

Thank you! Is this related to anything in particular? Some new story line I'm unaware of?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Today the EA in our office tried to make me feel bad about now working late with the other due to my acupuncture appointment. It didn't work because those appointments are the only reason I'm as happy and positive day in day out in my job (politics).

My confession: I wanted to drop kick said EA as soon as she opened her mouth about it in front of my boss. I am going to my appointment! I am not paying the $50 fee to miss it dammit... yah I really need to go today. >.>
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Uh oh, people are getting upset! I thought there was something wrong with the thread. I guess I've never seen a thread with that many posts and no avatars. Careful - that might get you banned and we all wouldn't want that!

Well, you're going to have to alert us if you change your name because like I've said before, I cannot even keep up with your avatars! What is this new one? I'll have to go look on your profile page...

sharks_with_frickin_laser_beams_attached_postcard-p239174773458964175trdg_400.jpg

Thank you! Is this related to anything in particular? Some new story line I'm unaware of?

It's related to Dr Evil from Austin Powers. Please watch this trilogy.
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I confess I felt like a horrible person yesterday because all of my family and friends live in Northern IL where the tornadoes hit and I didn't even know about it until a friend texted me while it was happening. When I pulled up a live map, the tornado was 3 miles from my family's house (which was hand-built by my grandpa and doesn't have a basement) so needless to say, I was freaking out. They were fine, thankfully. I couldn't imagine if something happened to them and I was completely oblivious :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    McDonalds is my weakness. I have been doing good lately. But today. Today I ate Mcdonalds for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I am so far over my calories I'm ashamed. Exercise cant even bring me back to the right level now. I want to just delete today's diary so no one sees how much of a pig i was today.

Today is just one day. You can factor in a McDonald's meal here and there along with your other foods. Moderation.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    AshZie wrote: »
    I confess I felt like a horrible person yesterday because all of my family and friends live in Northern IL where the tornadoes hit and I didn't even know about it until a friend texted me while it was happening. When I pulled up a live map, the tornado was 3 miles from my family's house (which was hand-built by my grandpa and doesn't have a basement) so needless to say, I was freaking out. They were fine, thankfully. I couldn't imagine if something happened to them and I was completely oblivious :(

Eeep! Glad they are okay!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Ah, gotcha. Okay, upon your recommendation I will watch this.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    HA! For Mother's Day, I asked to go camping. Now my hubby HAS to take me. Win! (And I already booked the camping spot... >:) )

So are you going "glamping"? Or actual sleep in a tent, cook over a fire camping? I grew up with the latter. We LOVED camping as kids! Play in the woods and creeks all day, help cook food over an open fire, sleep in sleeping bags in a tent. When I got older I realized what a load of work that was for my mom and all the other moms there. Camping should be fun; not work. We did cabin camping when our kids were young. I was a much more lazy mom I guess. But, the kids had fun and no one got eaten by a bear.

I am spoiled when it comes to that. We bought a used camper and I will haul it wherever we want to go stay. Tried the camping on the ground thing, not my thing. I have to have a bed and a toilet. I would never make it with actual "roughing it".
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Today the EA in our office tried to make me feel bad about now working late with the other due to my acupuncture appointment. It didn't work because those appointments are the only reason I'm as happy and positive day in day out in my job (politics).

My confession: I wanted to drop kick said EA as soon as she opened her mouth about it in front of my boss. I am going to my appointment! I am not paying the $50 fee to miss it dammit... yah I really need to go today. >.>

Well, that's not cool at all. This is why I do not talk about my personal life in my work environment. Sure, it's nice to have co-workers who are also friends, but I don't like anyone knowing about my personal life because it always seems to come back to bite you.

Or, is it because it was an acupuncture appt.? Some people don't take that seriously if they personally don't believe in it. Still wrong for someone else to bring it up. Not their business.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Well, that's not cool at all. This is why I do not talk about my personal life in my work environment. Sure, it's nice to have co-workers who are also friends, but I don't like anyone knowing about my personal life because it always seems to come back to bite you.

Or, is it because it was an acupuncture appt.? Some people don't take that seriously if they personally don't believe in it. Still wrong for someone else to bring it up. Not their business.

I went to my HR department to get insurance information about something, you know because HR should be confidential right? to my surprise a week later, there was a collection taken up, I was so mad, but spent the crap out of that money. jerks.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Just an observation, but why don't people with disabilities have avatars?

It must be a side effect! Lol

My daughter is blind, she makes the best blind jokes. People with physical disabilites usually have an excellent sense of humor, as well as being tough as nails.

Oh, and she does CrossFit!

My brother is epileptic and he usually just shakes all my terrible jokes off.

...don't laugh ... Don't...laugh... :D
    You're terrible
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I am spoiled when it comes to that. We bought a used camper and I will haul it wherever we want to go stay. Tried the camping on the ground thing, not my thing. I have to have a bed and a toilet. I would never make it with actual "roughing it".

My kind of camping takes place within the Hilton branded hotels. :smile:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Ah, gotcha. Okay, upon your recommendation I will watch this.

Ah yes, the Austin Powers movies.
    Confession: These movies, I've seen so many times I could probably quote them beginning to end...
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I went to my HR department to get insurance information about something, you know because HR should be confidential right? to my surprise a week later, there was a collection taken up, I was so mad, but spent the crap out of that money. jerks.

Whaaaaa??? Oh, wow. Well, glad you benefited somewhat, but that is so against policy I just can't believe it.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    Confession: I saw a lady running at the gym today with no bra on, just a camisole. Though she wasn't big-boobed, I still couldn't help but think how uncomfortable I would feel doing that!

Yeah, even if she was small busted that is inappropriate for the gym. Working out at home like that is fine, but in public? No. I'm not a prude or anything I just think that's way too much of a "wardrobe malfunction" possibility.

In my old gym there was a ladies only section where I would do weights. this one lady came it wearing a yellow tennis outfit (skirt included). This lovely lady felt the built-in bra was sufficient but you could still see the brown of her nipples. She then proceeded to do leg presses and you got the full show... At least none of the guys saw her but it was still awkward.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

I admit I started incorporating this into my workout as well :)

Did mine tonight.

And you're now in the video too ;)

sounds good - the sucky thing is, is that I can see the definition but it is still hiding a bit behind the bingo wings... *sigh* 20lbs to go and I should be good!

I didn't check your age but I think wings might just be something inevitable for some of us.

I've never been overweight but I remember doing tricep exercises in my 30s to try and fix the wing thing. To no avail.

My new strategy is to develop killer deltoids to distract the viewer from the wings.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I wonder if the thread has hit the too big point, and they need to start a part II? Mods have done it with others, like the ice cream thread.

Can someone let me know if you all decamp to a part II thread, so I don't get left behind
  • MissKalhan
    Options

I'm unsure what it really was to be honest, when it's all said and done we finish work technically a hour before my appointment. My job is 24/7 but our office hours are 9 to 4:30, I think she was just ticked she had to work late on Friday and I got the brunt of it.

If it really was because it was Accupunture then I have no words, our benefits cover it and I am going to enjoy being stuck with needles! Lol
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My confession for the day: Thursday is the only night of the week where I don't have to be somewhere, and last night I wasted it watching....

Alex Cross

That movie is freakin' terrible! I rarely sit down and watch a movie and I was hugely disappointed with this one. The acting was terrible, the writing was so stilted. I am usually not very judgemental at movies, but blech! Other super terrible movies (I think we've done this once before, but oh well): The Truman Show, The Village, Sex Tape - didn't finish that one, too stupid.

@quiksylver296 The Truman Show?! You hate that movie?! I'm starting to rethink our pretend internet friendship. :wink:

Yep, Mo, almost got up and walked out of the theater. So, so, so bad. But, for totally cheesy but still love it, how about Crybaby with Johnny Depp? So bad, it's good. Or the fourth Indiana Jones - and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I love that one because they spoof on themselves. So funny!

I love Crybaby. I haven't seen it in forever, but I pretty much love anything with Johnny Depp.
    With a few exceptions I can't seem to bring to mind now.