Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

I was working just down the street from Columbine when that massacre went down. Made me wonder how many times I had seen those two just walking down the street with all the other high school kids, twice a day.

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    This thread has evolved so much, I basically scan for replies and reposts of my posts, and look for posts from my favorite people.. maybe for post 777 I'll list all the people I like and don't like. Lucky to know ya!

Uh oh! Let the competition begin!
    misskarne wrote: »
    I just got in an early-morning stair run.

Why?

Because I heard the recycling truck coming down my street and my recycle bin wasn't at the kerb. And even though I live alone and go through very little recycling, my bin had finally reached the point where it couldn't last another fortnight.

I made it :)

Well, good for you! A little physical activity and something good for the environment.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    So I never actually posted a confession, though I've replied to some posts.

Friday the 17th is a holiday where I work, so the office is closed. I work in a CPA office and it's crunch time and here I am on MFP. Anyway, that's not even my confession. We get the Friday after tax season is over off work. Usually either my kids or my husband happen to have the day off too. This year - kids will be at school, hubby will be at work. Secretly I'm thrilled to have the whole day to myself. I can't tell you the last time I've had time to myself that didn't have to be used for errands or cleaning or laundry.

This is no secret for me! I purposely take days off that no one else had or has and I don't tell them ahead of time, either. I work hard for my days off, so they belong to ME! I volunteer to work extra during the Thanksgiving / Christmas holiday period so that others can take time off and then I take a 4-day weekend both in Jan. and Feb. every year. It's great!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    [Happy birthday, Francl27!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »

Friday the 17th is a holiday where I work, so the office is closed. I work in a CPA office and it's crunch time and here I am on MFP. Anyway, that's not even my confession. We get the Friday after tax season is over off work. Usually either my kids or my husband happen to have the day off too. This year - kids will be at school, hubby will be at work. Secretly I'm thrilled to have the whole day to myself. I can't tell you the last time I've had time to myself that didn't have to be used for errands or cleaning or laundry.

A day to herself is every mother's dream and nothing to feel guilty about. Plan something special for yourself and enjoy it because only a happy mommy can make a happy home.

Correction: it is every mothers (and father's and caregiver's, etc.) RIGHT. Take it and refuel your mind and re-energize your spirit. Both you and your family will benefit.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I bought a pie, ate one tiny piece and had to throw the rest away before I ate the whole darn thing. Not just throw it away. I mashed it up (but it still looked tasty) and dumped water over it before tossing it, pan and all, into the trash. I see alot of that behavior in my future.

I have a pet pig. She's a big ol' potbelly pig even though I got told she was a micro mini pig when we bought her. Anyway, if something is tempting me and I'm afraid that I can't resist, I feed it to the pig. If anyone complains I say "Pigs like (birthday cake, chips, whatever it was). You go look her in the eye and tell her she can't have a (whatever )." Lol Everyone thinks I'm nuts but... the food is gone. Problem solved!
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.

I don't mind talking about it - they've seen my loss. What bugs me is when there are people I work with that yo-yo diet and when you try to educate them to help them or give them advice they look at you like you are from another planet and insist on doing their own plan. it never works. It is because of this I stopped talking about it.

Very early in this thread someone, and I wish I could remember who it was, said that when people ask them how they are losing weight they would say, 'I did it by eating pine cones'. I still randomly remember that and giggle!

That's my line! :) I cant wait to go back to see my dr so I can use it on him.

We were at a park on Easter walking a trail and got to a clearing where the ground was covered in pinecones. My husband yells "Its a smorgasbord up here! Kids, stuff your pockets full of pinecones and we won't have to buy groceries this week!" Lol

I love everything you said here :)

Me too! I'd love to see pictures of your pig! Where does she live? Inside, outside? Curious because you said you thought she was going to be small, so I'm wondering how you reacted when she kept growing.

Also, the pinecone response is great! I remember it from way back on the early pages.

I will put some pictures on here when I get on my laptop either tonight or tomorrow. Petunia was my birthday present 3 years ago from my husband.

She has a little barn & barnyard but I'm afraid to leave her out there overnight. A pig's main defense is squealing so... yeah, I need to protect her. My husband says nothing is going to attack her because she's huge.

She is an inside / outside pig and will follow me around the yard. I'm her "food lady" so she will follow me anywhere.

She was super tiny at first and supposed to get 15-20 pounds. There is a sucker born every minute! Lol

We took my mom to visit her sisters for Thanksgiving 3 years ago. I had Petunia for less than a month then. My sister babysat her for the weekend . We brought her to my sister's house in a tiny dog carrier.

When my husband went to pick her up 3 days later he called and said that he couldn't get her in the carrier. I was going "just throw some food in there, she'll go in " My husband laughs and says "no, she is literally bigger than the carrier. " O_o. We were like "what did you feed her?!?"

She is very sweet and simple. Feed her, love on her and she's happy.

OMG, that is adorable! Petunia. Too cute. Thanks for the story. And I'm so glad she has a loving family.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

This is no secret for me! I purposely take days off that no one else had or has and I don't tell them ahead of time, either. I work hard for my days off, so they belong to ME! I volunteer to work extra during the Thanksgiving / Christmas holiday period so that others can take time off and then I take a 4-day weekend both in Jan. and Feb. every year. It's great!

Before she retired, my mil would take random days off and go to the movies or out to lunch. She called them "mental health days".
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @francl27!!

@IAmTheGlue, I'm so jealous! I once adopted a pig (she was meant to be mini, but not micro) and named her Tahlula (how's that for a silly name? Eh, it's a pig not a baby). Anyways, I was told she was handled and cared for a lot as a piglet and was basically domesticated and ready for a home.

The screaming pig says "that was a lie". She was adorable but hated all people. I couldn't even approach her without her freaking out. My husband and I tried our best to get her used to us, but once she bit him to the point of drawing blood, we decided she was best on a farm. :disappointed:
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I'm struggling with balancing breastfeeding and weight loss. :( I know breastfeeding is best for the baby, but part of me wants to just stop completely so that I can crash diet. I've had 2 babies in 2 years and I'm so so so tired of being heavy. I want to wear my old clothes again!

Feeling extremely impatient.

Understandable, but babies are only babies for such a short time! I know, it seems like an eternity right now, but if you can, please slow down, really enjoy them at each stage. You will be glad you did later. Also, I burned a lot of calories breastfeeding. Is this not the case for you? I would think it may be really helpful to you right now. No crash dieting, though! Keep eating healthfully and then just cut your portions once you are done breastfeeding.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Francl27 and @pofoster21 happy-birthday-meme.jpg
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I'm sad and depressed and stressed and considering just eating cheese for dinner.

Did you have your medical procedure done? If so, how did it go? Just being nosy. Sorry that you are feeling down.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    We are expecting severe weather tonight... Tornado and severe thunderstorm watch.

When my son was a few days old, we had a large tree fall during a bad storm. It missed the room I was nursing in by literally a foot. I heard it break and crash and thought we were goners. It was the most terrifying moment of my life. It did $10,000 worth of damage to our house and garage and totaled my car (landed on top and smashed the frame).

So, the confession part is that I totally have undiagnosed PTSD from that experience and have horrible anxiety in any type of bad weather. Since I don't have any Xanax handy, I medicated with gelato and nachos. My stomach hurts and I'm still scared.

Yikes! I'm so glad you were okay. What a nightmare. Yeah, I'd have PTSD from that, too. How was your weather last night?
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

Yes, and Happy Birthday to @pofoster21! I believe they said today was their birthday as well.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @pofoster21! I missed that
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Galligak wrote: »
    My horrendous roommate that has been making snide comments on my trips to the gym and general healthy eating habits couldn't fit into her shorts yesterday... Needless to say I was a little smug about that. And I took her to the gym she was on the elliptical on 0 resistance, going 2mph and ended up out of breath. Once again, I was smug:wink: I know that I should feel bad and sympathetic but I'm glad that she got what was coming to her.

Nope, no reason to feel badly. SHE made the original comments, so she's paying the consequences. Maybe this will teach her a lesson in humility and compassion. Good for you for helping her by taking her to the gym.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    How does MFP help you?

I only supply the most truest answers.

I don't believe for one minute you lack confidence in real life!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Gah, there's too much to comment on.

@Bzah10, your workout is on my list of things to try.

@Galligak, not gonna lie, I'd be smiling pretty smugly too if I were you. It's hard not to when karma is so obviously working right before your eyes
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I've finally caught up.

No confessions but

1) i signed up to climb Ben Nevis in July. Feeling very pumped but nervous. Hoping i can make enough in sponsorship to take part.

2) broached the subject of eating disorder with my girlfriend, and then completely backed out and shut it down. Total coward.

It is still progress, though! Good for you for signing up. You can do it! And maybe now that you've brought up the subject with your girlfriend the next time the topic comes up it will be easier to talk about. Don't be afraid - we all have our demons and vices to deal with. You are not a coward!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession-- if the 'Adipose' pill from Dr. Who was real I would take that in a heartbeat, even knowing that some weird little alien fatbabies would be somehow popping out of me overnight.

harpsdesire, I should perhaps be embarrassed to inform you of the following reality... that not only have I never seen a Dr. Who episode (am suddenly hearing imagined-in-my-mind gasps from afar), but there hadn't been any single allusion to the show (and specifically, that I had crossed paths with) which triggered my desire to watch said show, let alone resulted in my feeling practically *compelled* to do so... until now.

That day has arrived, thanks to you! :)

Alas, and as though you have somehow been a sci-fi 'matchmaker' of sorts (accidental though it may be), your mention of "weird little alien fatbabies" -- let alone, their in any way "popping out of" *anything* overnight -- was apparently the kind of fascinating whatnot (albeit a somewhat intriguingly disturbing one, at that ;), and replete with one heckuva what-might-it-look-like 'visual') that ultimately 'did the seemingly impossible'... not only did your happenstance mention of such result in my thinking something along the lines of, ~'okay, that's it -- I have *got* to see this show...', but I also 'couldn't help myself', and Googled the darn episode, along with explanatory miscellany...

...and you can only imagine my reaction to reading the following words (from the Tardis Data Core subset of the Dr. Who wiki) --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Adipose were a race of vaguely humanoid blobs of fat.

Biology :: Young Adipose were hand-sized, marshmallow-shaped beings, composed almost entirely of fat. They had two eyes and a mouth, two arms with webbed hands and two stumpy legs. Most Adipose had what appeared to be a single tooth.

Life cycle :: The Adipose reproduced on Nursery Worlds. When on Earth, the Adipose's development was started when a pill from Adipose Industries was ingested. The young Adipose would grow, collecting fat from around the body. Every night, the Adipose would then be born and leave the body. They could convert other material into fat; however, this practice was not good for their health. Alternative materials included the bones, organs, muscles and many other human tissues. In emergencies, this was used to dispose of people by turning them completely into Adipose.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-- (my internal reaction as I read that = "...oh, my... what?!... wow... cool... what the... holy... interesting... OMG...")

...and with *that*, I was freaking *hooked* (I simply *must* see this show!)... :)

My failed attempt to 'not get sucked into' the vortex-ified 'world' of yet another sci-fi franchise has now met with its seemingly pre-destined demise... in this context, the fait accompli -esque mantra of "resistance is futile...you *will* be assimilated..." (no truer (or more freak-out-ishly creepy, monotonically uttered) words were ever spoken by the almighty Borg, of Star Trek lore) would seem to be my 'fate' (as well as that of many others), when in the 'orbit' of the 'gravitational pull' of the 'world' of Dr. Who.

(All that being said, the unexpected detour into learning of Dr. Who's Adipose beings has taken me right back to thinking about marshmallows, unfortunately... and while this could result in my having a nightmare tonight, perhaps involving a Peeps contingent commanding an army of marshmallows-the-size-of-dolls'-heads, courtesy of memory-based 'crosstalk' happening in my mind, while dreaming, that's a small price to pay for having experienced my 'watershed moment', when it comes to 'triggered onset' of Dr. Who viewing... ;) )

...but in the end, my pending addiction to Dr. Who, sparked in passing while catching up on the neverending stream of fun posts in this thread (and which include countless bits of interesting insight, helpful responses, playful banter, smile and/or laugh-inducing retorts, and confessions ranging from the utterly delightful and oh-so-comically-human -to- would-hesitate-admitting-this-to-anyone examples of bravery that are met so often with confirmation of said confession-based specific(s) being understandable, and/or that others feel, think, and/or do 'the same' thing, too), this all just goes to show... that 'going to Confession' (here, anyway :) ) can lead to all kinds of unexpectedly lifechanging moments...! :)

(Thank You!)

Welcome to the fandom ;) That is indeed the most eloquent submission to the irresistable community of Whovians I've ever had the pleasure of reading!

Just don't watch the one with the Weeping Angels. Scares the S*** out of me every time and I can't walk past a statue without keeping my eyes on it. Just don't look into their eyes...

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

I have screen grabs from that Doctor Who weeping angel recording as a screen saver set to go off in intervals. So it looks like she is getting closer.

Yea I've heard about this, I think I would end up a crying mess if I saw that...

Well, it does freak me out a little bit, but in a good way. Or at least in a way that I appreciate. ;)

Ha ha it's funny, out of all the creatures and episodes of Dr.Who it's only the Weeping Angels that get me. And maybe the Vashta Nerada (yes, I did have to Google the spelling). Possibly because they seem reasonably plausible...

I will be sleeping with the lights on tonight, thank you very much

Ha ha sorry :confused: