Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    HA! For Mother's Day, I asked to go camping. Now my hubby HAS to take me. Win! (And I already booked the camping spot... >:) )

So are you going "glamping"? Or actual sleep in a tent, cook over a fire camping? I grew up with the latter. We LOVED camping as kids! Play in the woods and creeks all day, help cook food over an open fire, sleep in sleeping bags in a tent. When I got older I realized what a load of work that was for my mom and all the other moms there. Camping should be fun; not work. We did cabin camping when our kids were young. I was a much more lazy mom I guess. But, the kids had fun and no one got eaten by a bear.

I booked a cabin at a KOA campground because we don't own a tent. But the cabin is basically just beds. No kitchen, no bathroom, so it should be pretty close to real camping other than not having to sleep on the hard, lumpy, rocky ground. :p

Last time I tried camping, it started raining around midnight. Lasted about 2 hrs in the tent, slept until dawn in the car, then went home. I am not camping-friendly.

ETA: Just "reported" myself to see if we actually broke the thread or if it's a site problem.

OMG you guys broke the thread! And the ignore button, and the group search, and the recipe builder…why are you breaking all our stuff???? ;)

Someone flagged this thread as spam for a total of five flags. Since it was flagged before and approved as not being spam, it doesn't disappear, but it does get locked in place and doesn't bump. I removed the flags, everything should work just fine….until you all break it again.

Thank you! Why on earth was it getting flagged for spam?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Aaaaand we're back on pg 1!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get stuck between movie quotes. Last year running through a college campus a student ran a stop sign and I found myself meeting her rear quarter panel with my hands and right thigh. The guys coming down the sidewalk said "WTF was that?" My response: "It is a flesh wound" and hopefully "she has fun storming the castle".
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm a 35 year old woman, and I LOVE The Vampire Diaries. There. I said it.

I'm a 35 year old woman, and I love "Pretty Little Liars", so no judgment here :)

I finally gave up on PLL. I didn't want to, but around the time Ezra's kid showed up, I had an overwhelming urge to throw things at the tv every time Aria spoke, so it was time.

Confession: I originally started watching PLL because I had a crush on Chad Lowe when he was on Life Goes On 25 years ago.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    I had lunch with a friend today, and she told me she was going to lose 10lbs in 3 days with the military diet. I was like "but won't you gain it back when you eat normal again?" and she goes "maybe, but then you can keep doing it as many times as you want, as long as you have 4 days in between!". I just nodded politely and told her I love food too much to only eat toast and hardboiled eggs, or whatever the specifics are.

She knows I've lost a significant chunk of weight in the past few months, so I figured if she wanted my advice, she would have asked... but I was internally eyerolling.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Confession- Ate all the things. Again. Damnit.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

I'm a 35 year old woman, and I love "Pretty Little Liars", so no judgment here :)

I finally gave up on PLL. I didn't want to, but around the time Ezra's kid showed up, I had an overwhelming urge to throw things at the tv every time Aria spoke, so it was time.

Confession: I originally started watching PLL because I had a crush on Chad Lowe when he was on Life Goes On 25 years ago.

It's been really tough staying with it at times. Then just when I'm ready to say "forget this crap" something semi-interesting happens and I keep watching. This season's finale though...grrrr... Talk about wanting to throw things.
    And Chad Lowe is still a kind of a cutie pie ;)
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @AgentOrangeJuice - You live in Dekalb? I thought you said Quad Cities awhile back...my memory is slipping! I'm originally from a little town near Dekalb, Oregon.

My confession I have a son in College in Dekalb and another in Iowa. I had to look up distance of Quad cities because I didn't consider that close to Dekalb. About 100 miles in between if anyone cares :) I am 65 miles from where tornado touched down :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

No judgement here either. I regularly read YA novels. I feel a little weird buying them sometimes, but I just like them. Maggie Stiefvater is my favourite YA author.

I have a training session after work, no time to go home in between. I was still hungry after my normal snacks so I stopped and got a donut.

#NoRagrets. (But I'm not telling my trainer)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

I can't with that show. But I loved Gossip Girls and read some of the books even though they were awful. I haven't found a good OC type show in forever.
  • lemur933
    lemur933 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."

All of these. Trying to break that habit though now ;) I also will guesstimate things instead of actually weighing because I'm lazy....I even have the kitchen scale and everything.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I have never had talenti. I'm pretty sure I've had gelato...maybe? I'm nervous to try it because I already occasionally have to get Ben and Jerry's half baked...

There are a lot of foods that I've read about on MFP that I've never tried before. The descriptions people give make them sound absolutely divine. It is about the time it really starts sounding good to me that I decide I will never ever try them. I do not need that much temptation in my life. ;)
    I need to find someone who buys talenti so I can try it, just to see if it lives up to the hype. Any more than a spoonful would make me sick, so not really worth it to buy it myself.

• debtiffany_
    debtiffany_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I watch my 600 lb life and feel secretly superior. It shows that there are people a lot bigger than I am. (I know, I'm sorry)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm at work, on MFP forums with my work pc, and watching Hulu on my tablet. 2 hours to go, that should get me all caught up on Backstrom.

2nd Confession: I haven't been called for the job I applied for last week, but it's still posted online so they're probably waiting until it closes, but why wouldn't they want to get a head start on interviewing me? Aside from my hulu watching on a friday afternoon, I'm very good at what I do.

Backstrom looked entertaining, but I never got around to watching or DVRing. Worth watching, OJ?

I like it. I can't think of anyone else other than Rainn Wilson to play this role! It fits him so well

• cheethnico
    cheethnico Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I slimmed down my profile picture when I first started
  • Talkradio
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

No judgement here either. I regularly read YA novels. I feel a little weird buying them sometimes, but I just like them. Maggie Stiefvater is my favourite YA author.

I have a training session after work, no time to go home in between. I was still hungry after my normal snacks so I stopped and got a donut.

#NoRagrets. (But I'm not telling my trainer)

Our city recently built a new library with a designated teen area. Basically, they did it to keep teens from running rampant all over the library after school (it used to be a big problem), but I'm secretly annoyed because I look like such a creeper if I try to access my beloved YA novels. *shakes fist*
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I can hardly manage to quote 1 person on my phone let alone multiple people, but I did want to thank those people who responded so kindly to my fear of judgey co-workers/my anxious brain. This is the best thread on mfp. I don't post much but I enjoy keeping up with this thread daily.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

Interesting... my husband and I are at a crossroads like that. We live in a city where there are good jobs and lots of money but not a lot to do for people who are dinks (Double Income No Kids). We have considered moving across the country where we are closer to the Eastern US so we can explore all the different cities out that way but the jobs and $$ is just not as good. I also want to start trying for a baby soon and feel bad for my parents/his parents if were were to leave b/c they would be missing out. It's such a hard balance some times. Do you stay where you are b/c it's comfortable and you know how green the grass is or do you take the risk and chance it? It's always hard.
    [/quote]

This is interesting. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada and our economy is flourishing, despite the price of oil. My husband and I had considered moving to Atlantic Canada for a couple of years, so our kids could experience it, but there is no way we could afford it on the going rate for wages, as compared to what we make right now.[/quote]

I am in Edmonton and have a secure job that is not affected by oil prices either. Hubby and I have considered a move to the Atlantic, he has family in Nova Scotia. we also considered a move to southern Ontario but the numbers (cost of living vs. Income) just don't work for us right now. Maybe it will in a few years once we save some more.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    PS @pofoster21 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I missed that it was your birthday before. Happy birthday!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    My confession for the day: Thursday is the only night of the week where I don't have to be somewhere, and last night I wasted it watching....

Alex Cross

That movie is freakin' terrible! I rarely sit down and watch a movie and I was hugely disappointed with this one. The acting was terrible, the writing was so stilted. I am usually not very judgemental at movies, but blech! Other super terrible movies (I think we've done this once before, but oh well): The Truman Show, The Village, Sex Tape - didn't finish that one, too stupid.

@quiksylver296 The Truman Show?! You hate that movie?! I'm starting to rethink our pretend internet friendship. :wink:

Yep, Mo, almost got up and walked out of the theater. So, so, so bad. But, for totally cheesy but still love it, how about Crybaby with Johnny Depp? So bad, it's good. Or the fourth Indiana Jones - and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I love that one because they spoof on themselves. So funny!

I love Crybaby. I haven't seen it in forever, but I pretty much love anything with Johnny Depp.
    With a few exceptions I can't seem to bring to mind now.

Am I back to internet twin, then, Mo?

Confession: I made my 10-year-old son read then watch The Princess Bride. He hated it. I love it, so, so much. (By "making my son read" really means I read it as his bedtime book.) Favorite line - "I'm not a witch. I'm your wife!"

We are indeed friends again, @quiksylver296 . I love that movie so much, I got if for my first anniversary from my husband. I also love Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Or maybe, I just love Carey Elwes. :blush:

I have a 14yo daughter to whom I am contemplating introducing to Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

And Carey Elwes is hot.