Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Why do people schedule so many meetings at work? Don't they know I have to have time to catch up on this thread? So inconsiderate!

+1 It's like no one cares that I've only spent half my morning in the MFP forums instead of working!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just removed a friend here today after she posted on her feed that she's dreading Thursdays because she always succumbs to sweets and bad foods on Thursdays. Oh noes.

My confession is that if someone believes in demonizing food, I don't even know why they sent me a friend request in the first place.

And I'm having the last of my kids' ice cream birthday cake for lunch. And by lunch I mean now... at 10.30am.

I remove people that haven't logged in for 4 days. I'll send a message to friends after 2 days of not logging in to help keep them motivated, that's what I'm here for. 4 days that means you don't care enough to read a message from your fitness pal, so i wash my hands of thee!!!

Yikes! Remind me to warn you if I am going on vacation or something. You're harsh. :p

I had the same thought. Fortunately my upcoming vacations are mostly 3-day road trips so I should be safe.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Why do people schedule so many meetings at work? Don't they know I have to have time to catch up on this thread? So inconsiderate!

+1 It's like no one cares that I've only spent half my morning in the MFP forums instead of working!
    This is why:
    lx6z2asm1okm.jpg

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    confession: When I miss the sarcasm on a thread that has gone sideways, I feel dumb. But when someone else misses it, I feel like they are way more dumb. Can't win with me.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    confession: When I miss the sarcasm on a thread that has gone sideways, I feel dumb. But when someone else misses it, I feel like they are way more dumb. Can't win with me.

I've addressed it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I've addressed it.

In an completely awesome gif!
  • tincanonastring
    Options

I've addressed it.

She was cool about it, too.
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BTW, I have done no work today. In my defense, I told my boss I had nothing to do and he told me to make one phone call, which I did. So, here I sit, enjoying the kale thread.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I found another confession: I'm not a great cook and I don't know how to put appetizers, main dishes, wine, etc together. The only thing I remember from Home Ec is to make sure there are different colored foods on the plate. (So when I make baked sweet potatoes and carrots in same meal, I feel like a failure.)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I've addressed it.

She was cool about it, too.

Yeah she was
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I confess that sometimes I go into threads and start typing out a response that I think will help the OP, and then a little voice in my head says, "they're not going to listen to you anyway" and I always delete what I've written.

All the time!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Confession: my student worker is a very sweet girl, but I'm about this > < close to b!tching her out for simple mistakes as well as trying to cover them up with white lies to not get herself into trouble.

Why would I give you an address that I KNOW is wrong to send to a vendor?? Now you're telling me that they are charging us more shipping to resend it??

I think I will send her home instead. We can address this tomorrow when I've had more food.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm avoiding visiting my mother, partly because she always makes some comment about my weight. I don't think she's being malicious, or that she even realises she's doing it, but it makes me feel like crap when I was previously quite happy with my progress. And I know it won't stop when I reach goal, because she's always been like this even when I was slimmer. I think she's just uncomfortable about her own (perfectly healthy) weight and is projecting.

It's rubbish that I allow this to comes between us, but I can't bring myself to have this discussion with her because of all the awkwardness that will ensue. I'm sure I'll regret this some day.

I understand. You're not the only one.

I'm avoiding visiting my mother because she's crazy. She's in poor health, crazy about weight loss, is destituting herself giving money she doesn't have to a "church"...I'm at a loss. She's been on a crazy diet my entire life. One after another, and never seemed to lose weight. I actually credit these weird diets with her health issues. She's very, very negative about her own weight as well as everyone else's. My 12 year old daughter is probably 5'8" & wears a size 3-5. My mom even comments on her weight then back tracks and says that she doesn't want to cause her to develop an eating disorder. *sigh* I have to limit my contact with her for my own mental health. I get panic attacks if I have too much contact with her.

Confession: I went to visit her Monday to help her clean (borderline hoarder) & when I came home, I cried on my husband for two hours. Once everyone went to bed, I paced the house and drank half a bottle of whiskey. Woke up at 1am and started vomiting. Ugh! I have never drank until I was sick.... so embarrassing. I'm just so upset that I can't help her. :(

I'm so very sorry you went through that. I fully believe in cutting toxic people out of my life, blood relative or not. I've done it many times and I feel so much better! Hey, I may pay for it in the future, but I'm okay with facing whatever consequences may arise.

Thanks. I avoid my sister for that reason. She's toxic. She's super angry and intent on being miserable. I realized one day that not talking to her felt better than talking to her so I shut down the lines of communication. I completely understand what you are saying.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    jessicapk wrote: »
    I feel a little bad now. I don't allow my husband to go out to eat for lunch. I handle the finances because I'm good at it (and he isn't, as evidenced by his savings/credit situation when we met). There's no reason to go spending $10 for lunch when there are always perfectly good leftovers.

I'm a tyrant. LOL

I'm the same way and in the same boat! When you have to cover for someone else's mistakes for so long, you kind of feel you have a right to dictate how they spend their money! If they mess it up, who do they want to make it all better?

My wife & I have been together for over 22 years...and we keep our money separate.

Coincidence? Discuss lol

My husband and I have been together 17 years and we share everything. Bank accounts, rrsp's, both on the mortgage when we had one, etc. etc. etc. That being said, we are both very good with money. I can see how it would be a problem if one was good with money and one was not. We also discuss any purchase over $50...even if the discussion consists of, "Hey, I am buying a pair of jeans and a new bra and it is going to be $120. Just wanted to let you know." I have never understood people who lie to their spouses about money.

I've been with my partner for 8 years and share nothing to do with finances. All but one bill goes out of my account and he just transfers over a set amount each month. When we each have left is ours to spend how we like.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm going to write both of my employee's up today. We bought 2 $5,000.00 food steamers, one of them came in wrong, and they both signed off that the order shipped complete and correct. The Invoice and the box the unit came in have the wrong Model #. We've had these units in storage for over 2 months, so I'll have to pay a restocking fee because we're past the 30 days return policy.

This will be one of theirs 2nd write up, the first is because he doesn't wash his clothes and he comes to work stinking like funk and axe body spray. I like him but I can't wait to fire him so I don't have to have embarrassing conversations with a grown up about how to clean themselves before work every day.

That's 665, when will 666 come?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

This is why:
    lx6z2asm1okm.jpg

It's all so clear now!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Long ago when I was a know-it-all teenager who was in great shape, I thought to myself "how do people get so fat? Do they not notice? If I started gaining weight, I would notice and do something about it right away". Karma sure caught up to me for those thoughts. Geeze. What a jerk I was.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I'm going to write both of my employee's up today. We bought 2 $5,000.00 food steamers, one of them came in wrong, and they both signed off that the order shipped complete and correct. The Invoice and the box the unit came in have the wrong Model #. We've had these units in storage for over 2 months, so I'll have to pay a restocking fee because we're past the 30 days return policy.

This will be one of theirs 2nd write up, the first is because he doesn't wash his clothes and he comes to work stinking like funk and axe body spray. I like him but I can't wait to fire him so I don't have to have embarrassing conversations with a grown up about how to clean themselves before work every day.

That's 665, when will 666 come?

Ugh, and he works around food?! Yeah, no way. Glad you wrote him up for that. Hopefully he'll learn. Single guy? Lazy? I just can't grasp going to work (around food and other people) dirty and unkempt.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Confession: I currently have one of my patented "no-pain migraines", and thus I am eating a chocolate yogurt (with a squeeze pack of almond butter mixed in) WITH A FORK and I don't care who knows it. If I don't eat anything, I'll feel worse later, so this is my delicious solution.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Agreed...work really gets in the way of my MFP time.