Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I convinced my friend to join the gym with me so I could have a spotter, but now I'm finding it really frustrating because she isn't really trying very hard and it's distracting.

Of course, now she is going to drop a gazillion kilos and I'll just be stuck sitting here at my CW (my body has decided that it doesn't matter what I do/don't do, it's not moving weight. *kitten*).
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Re: the vegan thread that was posted earlier... You could probably substitute "child free" for "vegan" and have the exact same conversation.

(Child free meaning the movement of people who are childless by conviction/choice and refer to people who have children as "breeders", not meaning people who are childless in general)

I saw the vegan thread. I don't really the need to argue. I don't really care how other people eat, my MIL is vegan and not the biggest fan of her grandkids chowing down on meat but w/e. She is generally polite about it and we make vegan food for her when she comes.

Same things with childless/child free people. I just don't get the overt hostility and obnoxiousness to strangers over the internet. You be child free and enjoy, no need to be disrespectful.

Because those of us who don't/can't have children get treated like second-class citizens in so many ways, both big and small. It happens to me on this site and it happens to me in real life.

It pisses me off to see people who get to have children taking them for granted, not caring for them properly and expecting other people to watch out for their safety in public...even though parents get tons of positive attention just for being parents, whether they are actually doing their jobs well or not. It's disgusting.

Being pregnant or having small children is not a disability, it is a choice. If you can't figure out how to manage that, don't have children to begin with. Nobody deserves a parade or a designated parking spot. The whole thing with baby-on-board signs and decorating cars with stick families is disgustingly self-congratulatory.

The Baby on board sign USED to be to warn rescue teams that there is someone in the car unable to help themselves. I am sorry you seem bitter about people choosing to have children, and businesses choosing to cater to family.

I am so, SOO sorry for you and your state of mind. I hope you can get help.

Hey! Again with the no judgement - there's no need to be nasty.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    Re: the vegan thread that was posted earlier... You could probably substitute "child free" for "vegan" and have the exact same conversation.

(Child free meaning the movement of people who are childless by conviction/choice and refer to people who have children as "breeders", not meaning people who are childless in general)

I saw the vegan thread. I don't really the need to argue. I don't really care how other people eat, my MIL is vegan and not the biggest fan of her grandkids chowing down on meat but w/e. She is generally polite about it and we make vegan food for her when she comes.

Same things with childless/child free people. I just don't get the overt hostility and obnoxiousness to strangers over the internet. You be child free and enjoy, no need to be disrespectful.

Because those of us who don't/can't have children get treated like second-class citizens in so many ways, both big and small. It happens to me on this site and it happens to me in real life.

It pisses me off to see people who get to have children taking them for granted, not caring for them properly and expecting other people to watch out for their safety in public...even though parents get tons of positive attention just for being parents, whether they are actually doing their jobs well or not. It's disgusting.

Being pregnant or having small children is not a disability, it is a choice. If you can't figure out how to manage that, don't have children to begin with. Nobody deserves a parade or a designated parking spot. The whole thing with baby-on-board signs and decorating cars with stick families is disgustingly self-congratulatory.

The Baby on board sign USED to be to warn rescue teams that there is someone in the car unable to help themselves. I am sorry you seem bitter about people choosing to have children, and businesses choosing to cater to family.

I am so, SOO sorry for you and your state of mind. I hope you can get help.

Hey! Again with the no judgement - there's no need to be nasty.

Didn't mean to come across as "nasty" because the tone was supposed to convey concern because being nasty about something is usually a sign of bitterness and deeper issues. But whatev's, it's been dropped for a while.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Snuck a peak at someone's diary earlier and saw Quest bars, which made me crave them even though I've never had them (anyone else ever feel the same way about something?). Anyway... I started looking them up on Amazon and they're SO EXPENSIVE. Can anyone recommend these things? Are they good enough to justify their price? What flavor is the best? So curious.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Snuck a peak at someone's diary earlier and saw Quest bars, which made me crave them even though I've never had them (anyone else ever feel the same way about something?). Anyway... I started looking them up on Amazon and they're SO EXPENSIVE. Can anyone recommend these things? Are they good enough to justify their price? What flavor is the best? So curious.
    Talenti gelato mostly. MFP has kinda pushed me into trying new goodies

I enjoy Quest bars but buy them sparingly because of the price tag. I would just buy one and see how you feel, can't go wrong with the cookie dough flavor.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    As I have confessed before, I am a Chicago Bears fan (American football for you non-USA people). My husband won a drawing where he got to go learn football coaching tips from the Boise State football coaches. Shea McClellin was there and my hubby didn't get his autograph. He is seriously my favorite player. I have TWO of his jerseys, cuz he changed his number after his first year. Confession: I am not pleased with my hubby right now, even though
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lbuehrle8!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

I enjoy Quest bars but buy them sparingly because of the price tag. I would just buy one and see how you feel, can't go wrong with the cookie dough flavor.
    TALENTI GELATO?? My mom was obsessing over this when I last visited her, telling me about how amazing it is. It was on sale when we went to the store, so she bought some salted caramel kind. It really is amazingly delicious... can't find it in Montreal anywhere :P I guess I'll try to find a Quest bar, too. Cookie dough is one of my favorite flavors of anything, ever.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I buy them by the box. Lemon cream pie, coconut cashew, white chocolate raspberry are my top three favorite.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options

TALENTI GELATO?? My mom was obsessing over this when I last visited her, telling me about how amazing it is. It was on sale when we went to the store, so she bought some salted caramel kind. It really is amazingly delicious... can't find it in Montreal anywhere :P I guess I'll try to find a Quest bar, too. Cookie dough is one of my favorite flavors of anything, ever.

S'mores Quest bar has been my latest favorite, but the Strawberry Cheesecake one is pretty good too!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    So.... *secretive whisper*.... do you guys think I should go for the $35 box of 12? :o
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Boston is on our list of places we would love to visit. My husband is 7'2" and my husband hates flying as he gets quite claustrophobic (even when getting the emergency exit rows or the bulk heads). We have flown to Vegas, San Fran, and New York. We were in NYC for Christmas and New Years 2012 and after that he was done with flying. So far, from where we live, we have driven to Seattle (13.5 hours), Spokane (10.5) hours, Minneapolis (19) hours and we've done this one twice as we are Vikings fans, and last but not least, Chicago (26 hours and we stopped in MN to catch a Vikings game). 28 hours was about our max we could do in one shot and Boston is about 42 hours w/o stopping. Hence, why we would love to move closer to east once we save some more $$$.

I wish I had kahonas to pick up and move every three years to check out new places. The stress of trying to find a new place to live and work would be a bit much for me, I think.

Wow, I thought I had a tall one, but your hubby has him beat as my guy is only 6'9".

edit: fix tags
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Leggings are NOT pants. That is all. :#

Yes! Thank you (or trousers as I'd say <Britishisms>).
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Boston is on our list of places we would love to visit. My husband is 7'2" and my husband hates flying as he gets quite claustrophobic (even when getting the emergency exit rows or the bulk heads). We have flown to Vegas, San Fran, and New York. We were in NYC for Christmas and New Years 2012 and after that he was done with flying. So far, from where we live, we have driven to Seattle (13.5 hours), Spokane (10.5) hours, Minneapolis (19) hours and we've done this one twice as we are Vikings fans, and last but not least, Chicago (26 hours and we stopped in MN to catch a Vikings game). 28 hours was about our max we could do in one shot and Boston is about 42 hours w/o stopping. Hence, why we would love to move closer to east once we save some more $$$.

I wish I had kahonas to pick up and move every three years to check out new places. The stress of trying to find a new place to live and work would be a bit much for me, I think.

Wow, I thought I had a tall one, but your hubby has him beat as my guy is only 6'9".

Not sure why quoting isn't working. Jealous. My husband is only 6'2".
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    So.... *secretive whisper*.... do you guys think I should go for the $35 box of 12? :o

Go here: http://www.massnutrition.com/p-2090-quest-bar-12bx.aspx Save a little monies. Pick a flavor, depending on the shipping it's about $28 bucks compared to what you found on that other site.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

Go here: http://www.massnutrition.com/p-2090-quest-bar-12bx.aspx Save a little monies. Pick a flavor, depending on the shipping it's about $28 bucks compared to what you found on that other site.
    Can't :( Living in Canada and they don't ship here. Everything's more expensive in Canada :disappointed:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Not sure why quoting isn't working. Jealous. My husband is only 6'2".

I may have severely messed up the quote tags in my last post.

And don't be jealous. It's a PITA buying clothes for him, especially as all his height is in his legs and he's not a "big" guy... try finding 38" inseam pants in a normal size waist. Most of the Big & Tall sizing seems to be for waists in the 40" and 50" ranges.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    I've been eating like crap all day today. Had to go and fast and get my blood taken this morning an as soon as it was over I stopped and got food at the first place I could so I wouldnt keep feeling sick. But after that it just kept spiraling
    I've felt sick all day and my husband has jut refused to help with the baby in any way and the only thing that made me feel better was to just eat. I totally ruined my own day and I plan on getting back on the wagon tomorrow.

I had blood tests on Tuesday. You totally get a pass! It does mess with you. I'm sorry your husband wasn't more helpful. Tomorrow is a new day.

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    So I never actually posted a confession, though I've replied to some posts.

Friday the 17th is a holiday where I work, so the office is closed. I work in a CPA office and it's crunch time and here I am on MFP. Anyway, that's not even my confession. We get the Friday after tax season is over off work. Usually either my kids or my husband happen to have the day off too. This year - kids will be at school, hubby will be at work. Secretly I'm thrilled to have the whole day to myself. I can't tell you the last time I've had time to myself that didn't have to be used for errands or cleaning or laundry.

This is no secret for me! I purposely take days off that no one else had or has and I don't tell them ahead of time, either. I work hard for my days off, so they belong to ME! I volunteer to work extra during the Thanksgiving / Christmas holiday period so that others can take time off and then I take a 4-day weekend both in Jan. and Feb. every year. It's great!

Before she retired, my mil would take random days off and go to the movies or out to lunch. She called them "mental health days".

I did that regularly when I was teaching. MUCH NEEDED.

She was a teacher, too! :)
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am nowhere near being caught up on posts, but wanted to nonetheless throw in a confession (or two ;) )...

All the talk in recent years about steel-cut oats, and oatmeal this-and-that, left me feeling a bit like I was a kind of reluctant 'non-participant', given that I couldn't find oatmeal whose texture or plain-as-could-be/don't-mistake-this-for-paper-pulp taste didn't disappoint... and left me bereft, with nary-a-yet-identified, viable-for-inclusion-in-my-life, 'long-term relationship' -worthy option...

I tried all manner of 'entries' into the will-I-like-this?, never-ending, oatmeal 'sweepstakes' 'taste test', including a brand that was straight-from-Ireland (of all things!), and seemingly as 'rustic' as one could get (though happened to involve oats cut into pieces smaller than the diamond-cut 'nothingness' associated with top-security shredders used by various 3-initialled government 'entities' (it was like 'powder' (?!), and seemed better suited for use in conjunction with making skin-soothing oat 'pastes', or being dropped into bathwater, to calm dermatitic whatnot))... but aside from the not-what-I'm-looking-for-but-tastes-alright Trader Joe's oatmeal-with-flax 'instant', whose cost resulted in my not considering it a 'serious contender' for carte blanche eat-it-up -edness, I felt rather 'stuck' (and, frankly, somewhat surprised), and didn't know what to do next, in my it-shouldn't-be-this-difficult search for an oatmeal that involved the 'kind' of oats I recall eating at one point during my early adolescence (of all things to have a maintained-by-the-mind memory of! (don't get rid of *this* one -- she might need it one day, for reference-based comparative purposes, decades from now)).

And so... I looked high and low (literally, as well -- I didn't let store shelf-height affect my search ;) ) for a close stand-in to that Goldilocks-ian oatmeal from long ago... until... I finally seemed to have 'given up' (I regret to say (I'm not a 'quitter', but there is only so much I can do in said quest to 'seek and find' that of which I speak, and only so much I'm willing to spend in 'time and treasure' (lol -- am imagining my flying overseas, and answering border officials, as to 'the purpose of my visit' ("to find some freakin' oatmeal, of all things..." ;) ))))...

Alas (at long last!)... I seem to have (finally!) found a quasi-twin-like, perhaps-a-distant-cousin, oatmeal-specific 'answer to a prayer' (I didn't actually pray on the matter, mind you, because (and among other reasons) how ridiculous would that look and sound?!, for me to 'beg at my bedside', on folded knees, and with tipped head, closed eyes, and tears streaming down my face, while ferventing 'pleading my case' for an end to such oatmeal-deprived 'misery'...?! ;P ).

...and as I type this (rather ridiculous ;) ) 'admission', while being just moments away from 'sending it on its way', for MFPers in Confession-Land to 'share my pain', and hand me a fresh pillow, to rest my weary, search-exhausted head on (though -- and to be clear -- NOT ShibaEars's pillow (her confession -based FYI-heard-loud-and-clear, that <<< I will lose my mind if anyone ever puts their feet on my pillow. ETA: Or sits on my pillow. Or folds my pillow in half. You know what, nobody should ever touch my pillow. >>> assures that a form of 'mutual destruction' might be imminent, were anyone to accidentally hand me hers (so double check the nametag, just to be safe, 'kay? (thanks)) ;P ))...

...I happen to be eating a bowl of said oatmeal at this very moment (and practically hear a choir singing, as I do so, given my newfound delight in eating these glorious bits of chewy, huge, 'flake'-like oats (I could cry, I'm so 'incommensurately' overjoyed by the reality of this stuff!)), and am partaking of such with some fresh-squeezed orange juice (only the second time in my life that I've squeezed my own orange juice! (<-- confession #2)), and the more-pulp-than-a-'blizzard-edition'-snow-globe orange juice triumph that I have in this glass reminds me of (though tops!) the previous-best glass of orange juice I was ever treated to in my life... at a quaint little cafe in Toronto, while dining outside, on a Sunday morning, with still-empty streets, and the sunshine 'singing' to me as I drank from that nectar-esque, near-microscopic-in-serving-size, might-as-well-have-been-served-in-a-shot-glass -- but was nonetheless heavenly -- juice... whereas here, and now, I happen to be drinking the largest freaking glass of the stuff (and am practically 'chewing' my orange juice, there's so much pulp!), while by a street whose current near-emptiness is due to the dismal rain falling from the sky (as opposed to its 'coming in' from any other direction, that is (in case that wasn't clear) ;P ), while temperatures drop precipitously (and precipitation-ously), what with this April night being forecast, as it is, for a mix of rain and SNOW (?!!!)... (yeah, I suppose I'd rather be at that tiny Toronto cafe, with some sunshine and warmth, instead of this 'meteorological mistake', even if it meant that I'd be served approximately 1/20th the amount of orange juice I'm currently 'swimming' in)...