Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »

Yes, and Happy Birthday to @pofoster21! I believe they said today was their birthday as well.

Thanks! Mine was actually last Sunday...Easter. First time ever. But apparently it will happen 3 more times into my early 80's if I live that long! I am now 47. ACK! Can't figure out how that happened. I still feel like a kid trying to figure out who I am going to be when I grow up!

Mine was April 6th!

Happy Birthday!

Thanks happy birthday to you too!!

Thank you!
  • Oberon21
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love when people post threads that are funny/heated/what have you on this thread as this is the only thread I keep up with!

Me too but then when I jump and then when I come back here I have to find my place again which is annoying. I wish I knew how to post links. I am particularly impressed by Agent OJ just posting a hot link.
  • sclause
    sclause Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    a couple weeks ago I binged and all I ate that day was fruit gummies and an entire bad of hot cheetos... It was so good but I was so sick after! :#
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I love when people post threads that are funny/heated/what have you on this thread as this is the only thread I keep up with!

Me too but then when I jump vet when I come back here I have to find my place again which is annoying. I wish I knew how to post links. I am particularly impressed by Agent OJ just posting a hot link.

He is quite talented in the posting department
  • Oberon21
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lately when I am hungry and start thinking about dinner or smell something good my mouth starts to water. Like seriously salivate. It happened tonight when I stopped at Target to get some groceries. Some kid was eating pizza and I could smell it. My mouth was watering like crazy. I wanted to tackle this 8 year old for her slice of pizza. I refrained but just barely.

I know it's this sticking to 1200 calories thing but damn. Some days it gets downright dangerous.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Someone should have warned me there'd be weeping angels. *BLINKS*
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    DON'T BLINK! *Blinks* damn it's catching...

I can't pass an angel statue without thinking DON'T BLINK! I love Dr. Who and will someday catch up on all the episodes I have missed. I started watching during the time of the 4th Dr, so he will always be my favorite, although I can't say I've been unhappy with any of them.
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been eating like crap all day today. Had to go and fast and get my blood taken this morning an as soon as it was over I stopped and got food at the first place I could so I wouldnt keep feeling sick. But after that it just kept spiraling
    I've felt sick all day and my husband has jut refused to help with the baby in any way and the only thing that made me feel better was to just eat. I totally ruined my own day and I plan on getting back on the wagon tomorrow.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Arditarose, I have done similar things and do love peanut butter. I know the real stuff is better for you but I try to limit it. Ugh. Love Peanut Butter

I did that around a month ago with Ben & Jerry's Peanut Buttah Cookie Core.

I was having a fatty day & had maybe a pint of Talenti gelato & then decided to eat two pints of Ben & Jerry's. I got through maybe a pint of it & then felt sick to my stomach. I then thought I would put it in the freezer to eat later, but I was so put off by overeating it that I put it in water & then to make sure I didn't eat anymore of it I put liquid soap on it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    So I never actually posted a confession, though I've replied to some posts.

Friday the 17th is a holiday where I work, so the office is closed. I work in a CPA office and it's crunch time and here I am on MFP. Anyway, that's not even my confession. We get the Friday after tax season is over off work. Usually either my kids or my husband happen to have the day off too. This year - kids will be at school, hubby will be at work. Secretly I'm thrilled to have the whole day to myself. I can't tell you the last time I've had time to myself that didn't have to be used for errands or cleaning or laundry.

This is no secret for me! I purposely take days off that no one else had or has and I don't tell them ahead of time, either. I work hard for my days off, so they belong to ME! I volunteer to work extra during the Thanksgiving / Christmas holiday period so that others can take time off and then I take a 4-day weekend both in Jan. and Feb. every year. It's great!

Before she retired, my mil would take random days off and go to the movies or out to lunch. She called them "mental health days".

I did that regularly when I was teaching. MUCH NEEDED.

• shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Confession: one of my roommates wigged out, made up lies about me, peaced out for 2 days, and moved out while I (and my other roommate) was at class. And I really don't even care that she's going off the deep end. There's less than a month left of school and she's pulling this ridiculous attention seeking stuff... I probably *should* care, but I've only got sarcastic apathy.

And I might be going over my calories tonight to celebrate... Haha whoops
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Confession: one of my roommates wigged out, made up lies about me, peaced out for 2 days, and moved out while I (and my other roommate) was at class. And I really don't even care that she's going off the deep end. There's less than a month left of school and she's pulling this ridiculous attention seeking stuff... I probably *should* care, but I've only got sarcastic apathy.

And I might be going over my calories tonight to celebrate... Haha whoops

Crazy that moves out is always > crazy that refuses to leave
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.

I kind of think of you as the fairy godmother of this thread... You are kind and always take time to interact with people who have deep or out there stuff going on. I think you've helped a lot of people here.

I feel the same way. @BZAH10 makes such an effort to post helpful replies to so many people on here and remember all kinds of details from prior posts.

And for some weird reason I found this on page 3?? Might be a MFP glitch (or might just be what I'm seeing) but new posts don't seem to be updating the last post time.

Thank you BOTH for the kind words! That really means a lot to me. Seeing as how this is a "confessions" thread, I'll just say that I'm going through a phase IRL right now where I'm not feeling useful or beneficial to anyone. I kind of just slog through each day, one foot in front of the other, and deny that I'm kind of unhappy and just go through the motions.

Perhaps I'm over-compensating here, but I do love this thread: I love the pace, the variety, the topics, and all the great peeps! Real and marshmallow! Anyway, thanks again.

Sorry you feel that way IRL, here I think your posts are great!

Thank you. I'm at a crossroad: do I make some personal changes and see where it goes (could be better; could be worse)? Or do I just keep living my mediocre life? I know the grass always looks greener on the other side until you get there, so I just don't want to make the wrong decision. But, no risks, no rewards, right?

I read a quote recently that reminded me of myself: "My decision-making skills resemble that of a squirrel crossing the street."

Interesting... my husband and I are at a crossroads like that. We live in a city where there are good jobs and lots of money but not a lot to do for people who are dinks (Double Income No Kids). We have considered moving across the country where we are closer to the Eastern US so we can explore all the different cities out that way but the jobs and $$ is just not as good. I also want to start trying for a baby soon and feel bad for my parents/his parents if were were to leave b/c they would be missing out. It's such a hard balance some times. Do you stay where you are b/c it's comfortable and you know how green the grass is or do you take the risk and chance it? It's always hard.

I live on the East Coast (Boston area) right now. FWIW I would say if you want to move, the time to do it is before kids. If it wouldn't harm your career trajectory, you can discover a new place and enjoy your childless freedom. you could also afford a smaller place like and awesome loft etc. You can always move back to your parents when you have a baby, or not. Plus even if you did have a baby, they are pretty portable until they high kindergarten. However, the benefit of inlaws/parents when you have a little one cannot be understated.

But I like to move around and get a three year itch when I stay one place for too long.

Boston is on our list of places we would love to visit. My husband is 7'2" and my husband hates flying as he gets quite claustrophobic (even when getting the emergency exit rows or the bulk heads). We have flown to Vegas, San Fran, and New York. We were in NYC for Christmas and New Years 2012 and after that he was done with flying. So far, from where we live, we have driven to Seattle (13.5 hours), Spokane (10.5) hours, Minneapolis (19) hours and we've done this one twice as we are Vikings fans, and last but not least, Chicago (26 hours and we stopped in MN to catch a Vikings game). 28 hours was about our max we could do in one shot and Boston is about 42 hours w/o stopping. Hence, why we would love to move closer to east once we save some more $$$.

I wish I had kahonas to pick up and move every three years to check out new places. The stress of trying to find a new place to live and work would be a bit much for me, I think.

Wow 7'2... Are you tall?

5'6"

• Just_Ceci
    Options
    Confession: I have never seen Crybaby and I CANNOT STAND Johnny Depp. I go out of my way to not watch movies with him in it. I tried to watch Pirates of the Caribbean twice, because everyone said it was sooo good. I fell asleep both times.

I confess I've watched all the Pirate movies numerous times because Orlando Bloom!
    orlando_bloom_pirates_of_the_caribbean-6751.jpg
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    New confession. I know, I'm supposed to be all rah rah bacon about everything, because keto. I just saw a post on fb of bacon wrapped oreos.

Oreoes.jpg

I think I'm going to keep that picture around for any time I want to completely kill my appetite. (no offense if you're into that sorta thing)
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

A privilege? I have twins. Being able to park closer = safety. Clearly you've never had two small kids try to run off in a parking lot.

Nobody's responsibility but yours. Here's a thought--leave the kids at home if they are that out of control.

Umm - no judgement? Keep it clean.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.

I kind of think of you as the fairy godmother of this thread... You are kind and always take time to interact with people who have deep or out there stuff going on. I think you've helped a lot of people here.

I feel the same way. @BZAH10 makes such an effort to post helpful replies to so many people on here and remember all kinds of details from prior posts.

And for some weird reason I found this on page 3?? Might be a MFP glitch (or might just be what I'm seeing) but new posts don't seem to be updating the last post time.

Thank you BOTH for the kind words! That really means a lot to me. Seeing as how this is a "confessions" thread, I'll just say that I'm going through a phase IRL right now where I'm not feeling useful or beneficial to anyone. I kind of just slog through each day, one foot in front of the other, and deny that I'm kind of unhappy and just go through the motions.

Perhaps I'm over-compensating here, but I do love this thread: I love the pace, the variety, the topics, and all the great peeps! Real and marshmallow! Anyway, thanks again.

Sorry you feel that way IRL, here I think your posts are great!

Thank you. I'm at a crossroad: do I make some personal changes and see where it goes (could be better; could be worse)? Or do I just keep living my mediocre life? I know the grass always looks greener on the other side until you get there, so I just don't want to make the wrong decision. But, no risks, no rewards, right?

I read a quote recently that reminded me of myself: "My decision-making skills resemble that of a squirrel crossing the street."

Interesting... my husband and I are at a crossroads like that. We live in a city where there are good jobs and lots of money but not a lot to do for people who are dinks (Double Income No Kids). We have considered moving across the country where we are closer to the Eastern US so we can explore all the different cities out that way but the jobs and $$ is just not as good. I also want to start trying for a baby soon and feel bad for my parents/his parents if were were to leave b/c they would be missing out. It's such a hard balance some times. Do you stay where you are b/c it's comfortable and you know how green the grass is or do you take the risk and chance it? It's always hard.

I live on the East Coast (Boston area) right now. FWIW I would say if you want to move, the time to do it is before kids. If it wouldn't harm your career trajectory, you can discover a new place and enjoy your childless freedom. you could also afford a smaller place like and awesome loft etc. You can always move back to your parents when you have a baby, or not. Plus even if you did have a baby, they are pretty portable until they high kindergarten. However, the benefit of inlaws/parents when you have a little one cannot be understated.

But I like to move around and get a three year itch when I stay one place for too long.

Boston is on our list of places we would love to visit. My husband is 7'2" and my husband hates flying as he gets quite claustrophobic (even when getting the emergency exit rows or the bulk heads). We have flown to Vegas, San Fran, and New York. We were in NYC for Christmas and New Years 2012 and after that he was done with flying. So far, from where we live, we have driven to Seattle (13.5 hours), Spokane (10.5) hours, Minneapolis (19) hours and we've done this one twice as we are Vikings fans, and last but not least, Chicago (26 hours and we stopped in MN to catch a Vikings game). 28 hours was about our max we could do in one shot and Boston is about 42 hours w/o stopping. Hence, why we would love to move closer to east once we save some more $$$.

I wish I had kahonas to pick up and move every three years to check out new places. The stress of trying to find a new place to live and work would be a bit much for me, I think.

Wow he's tall. I can imagine not wanting to fly in a plane at that height. I have lived in middle North America twice, Wisconsin and Regina, Saskatchewan and it was hard to drive anywhere to visit, because the drives would have to be so long. The East Coast is nice because Toronto, NY, all of New England, Montreal and south to DC are all driveable. I hope it works out for you!

Now that my kiddos are getting older we won't be moving as much. Since my husband and I have been together (10 years) we have lived in TX, South Korea, back to TX, Wisconsin, back to TX, 3 months in NY and now Boston. Reestablishing your life gets expensive though, so we are basically done. besides travel is > moving with four of us now.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    New confession. I know, I'm supposed to be all rah rah bacon about everything, because keto. I just saw a post on fb of bacon wrapped oreos.

Oreoes.jpg

I think I'm going to keep that picture around for any time I want to completely kill my appetite. (no offense if you're into that sorta thing)
    I'm not even that into bacon and I want it.

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I had deep fried mac and cheese with dinner tonight, no idea how many calories and don't care because it was delicious.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Logging on to the MFP website - while eating chocolate