Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Feeling totally unappreciated today. but it's gorgeous outside and the windows are open.

It's also Tabletop Day, grab a board game and play with your friends and family.

Some of my favorites

Munchkin
    Small World
    DC Deck Building Heroes United
    Zombie Dice
    King of Tokyo
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Confessions: I haven't run since Monday (meant to go on Wed and Fri). I haven't done my 4 strength work outs - just one on Mon and one on Fri. I've eaten badly this week (but stayed under my calories by spreading the logging out over a few days). I'm sitting here in my workout clothes ready to go for a run but the day is gorgeous and there will be so many people who'll see me

I didn't sleep last night but dozed off when my alarm went at 6.30am. I haven't achieved anything in the last 3 weeks and have to report to my supervisor next week so I'm turning myself into a nervous wreck (i.e. shutting down and hiding from the world).
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I will only use Heinz ketchup. I do not like any other brand.

I was so mad when I went out to eat a couple of weeks ago and the restaurant didn't have Heinz ketchup for my fries. They had some generic crap that tasted sort of like nasty Aldi ketchup.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've just bought a set of kitchen scales, and I've DEFINITELY been underestimating my cheese calories...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for the Must Weigh Everything crew.

I was almost out of protein powder and there was less than a full serving left so I thought I'd weigh it to see how much I needed to top up from my new pouch.

The pouch says "1 serving (1 scoop) = 36 g". Okay. So I'm adding and adding and adding...

Finally decided something was terribly wrong because I'm now looking at a much bigger heap of powder than usual so I weighed a full scoop of the stuff. 27 grams. Obviously whatever scoop the manufacturer is referring to for their serving size is NOT the one they supply with the pouch! >:)

And clearly I have been ripping myself off on my protein supplement by 25% for several months now. Considering my protein goal is something that I have to really work to meet, this is not happy news. Oh well, at least I'm aware now and can correct it.
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

Sending a big hug <3

• SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I watch my 600 lb life and feel secretly superior. It shows that there are people a lot bigger than I am. (I know, I'm sorry)

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one. I watch programmes like "Morbidly Obese and Proud" (not a real title, but not far off!) and find myself feeling smug and superior as the cameraman films some poor individual lying helpless in bed whilst a carer feeds them lorry-loads of cheeseburgers.
    I know the programme is grossly exploitative, but I can't help but watch.
    I hate myself for doing it. :(
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I LOVE the smile on that little pig!

So glad I gave up eating pork long ago, like around age 7... shortly after reading Charlotte's Web.

Charlotte's Web was my favorite book as a kid! Maybe that's why I don't really like pork... I'm scared of spiders now though lol
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I just stationary biked to Cupcake Wars! Haven't watched that show in a few years... I'm not even a big fan of cupcakes, but these ones just looked delicious. And, a bonus, they were space themed!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I started yelling at another workout video today. Why does anyone think it's a good idea to put you half way into a move or yoga pose, then decide that's the time to spend 5 minutes explaining something completely irrelevant before explaining how to finish the move? They do the rest of them at normal speed, but don't expect you to skip that first one, because it's an alternating sides thing, and that was one of the ones that count for the side it demo'd on.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a colouring book today. That in itself seems uninteresting but I haven't done anything artistic since I finished my degree 2 years ago and after applying for jobs for 8 months and getting nowhere, I realised that you have to know someone to get into any design based industry. After falling in love with design and getting an upper second (3 points away from a first) I thought that would be the job I would do for the rest of my life, but when life forced me to just get any job to earn money I realised not only that my dream won't come true, but I had wasted 3 years of my life gaining a useless degree. This resulted in a 3 stone weight gain in 2 years. It has been too painful to even doodle, I've had no inspiration at all. After getting upset last night about everything my SO said, "do what ever makes you happy". I took that as go shopping. While shopping today I came across a pattern colouring book and I decided THAT is what makes me happy. Being creative. So I bought it. I see this as progress towards being happy again. I might even pick up my old film camera again...
  • FluffySandwich
    edited April 2015
    Options
    To me the coloring book thing sounds the opposite of uninteresting. There's something very very satisfying about coloring. Making those pages look pretty :smiley: I still love to color and I'll admit it!

Good job on that progress! Take baby steps... I recently started writing again after losing all motivation. Nothing too big or even good, but I hope to eventually work my way up from there.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Confession: I probably wouldn't be wearing these black jeans (the last pair that I couldn't fit into) if I wasn't wearing my compression wear. :blush: Still counts, right?
  • toledochic
    toledochic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    roland9765 wrote: »
    I went on an all inclusive vacation to Cancun last week. I had a goal of staying on track. Totally failed, between awesome food, deserts and alcohol...gained 9 pounds in 7 days.

I have an all inclusive in Bahamas in June, I worry I will do the same.
    Same here! All inclusive resort to the Dominican Republic in June. I'm hoping that all the walking I'll do around there will at least help to balance things out... a bit. I joined a Bikini Body group just so I can feel comfortable walking around in a bikini there!

I'm going to the Dominican Republic in June too! Punta cana?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    To me the coloring book thing sounds the opposite of uninteresting. There's something very very satisfying about coloring. Making those pages look pretty :smiley: I still love to color and I'll admit it!

Good job on that progress! Take baby steps... I recently started writing again after losing all motivation. Nothing too big or even good, but I hope to eventually work my way up from there.

It is baby steps. The back half of the book has a doodle section. Not sure I'm ready for that yet. It seems utterly ridiculous me saying that though. Not ready to doodle. People do that when they are bored or on the phone, but I can't bring myself to do that yet. It's almost childish.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    toledochic wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    roland9765 wrote: »
    I went on an all inclusive vacation to Cancun last week. I had a goal of staying on track. Totally failed, between awesome food, deserts and alcohol...gained 9 pounds in 7 days.

I have an all inclusive in Bahamas in June, I worry I will do the same.
    Same here! All inclusive resort to the Dominican Republic in June. I'm hoping that all the walking I'll do around there will at least help to balance things out... a bit. I joined a Bikini Body group just so I can feel comfortable walking around in a bikini there!

I'm going to the Dominican Republic in June too! Punta cana?
    Yep!! Can't wait! I have someone else on my friendslist who is going to Punta Cana in June as well. Seems like a popular place :sunglasses:
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

It is baby steps. The back half of the book has a doodle section. Not sure I'm ready for that yet. It seems utterly ridiculous me saying that though. Not ready to doodle. People do that when they are bored or on the phone, but I can't bring myself to do that yet. It's almost childish.
    It's not ridiculous nor childish! It's awesome that you're working your way up like that, and I'm sure you'll be able to get to it eventually :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I know. Thank you Fluffy, I really appreciate your support. I am enjoying colouring in though :)
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    No problem!! Coloring is definitely satisfying :blush:
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my second son, I would wait for my husband to get in the shower, then I would eat huge spoonfuls of nutella and wash it down with milk right from the jug!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    In for coloring books. My mom spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals and phys rehab centers. Her one request was always coloring books and crayons. She'd rather have colored than read tabloids or watched tv.