Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• missy2492
    missy2492 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to hear about these confessions. We all have them. I binge on food sometimes. I'm addicted! I've tried every diet possible. I'm in Weight Watchers now. On my third week and this week I've eaten so much crap. I also have hypothyroidism so basically weight loss sucks. My downfall now is wheat things (almost whole box) with a half pound of bagel dip! It brings such pleasure eating your favorite foods.
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It is Cinco de Mayo and I'm only on page 473 April 27th... New job less time SSOOO I decide it's a great idea to read this thread while walking the neighborhood in the evening. 2 birds one stone right?! Yeah until you walk into a parked car while your neighbor is outside observing the entire episode!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

Oh, no. Prayers for your dad!

Ditto.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
    That's horrible! But I can totally relate.

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I can relate to that because my mother did that to me! I was about 13 and was vomiting all day and in a lot of pain. A friend had slept over the night before, and by morning when she was leaving I headed over to the ER. My mother checked me in, and then left. I spent hours and hours in an ER room, puking my brains out and passing out over and over. The surgeon said I needed my appendix out, but they could not find my parents to sign the surgery consent. This was the mid 80's so before cell phones etc. My friend that had slept over stopped in with her mom that evening because they had been calling the house and could not get anyone so they came to the ER to see if I was still there. I vaguely remember seeing them between passing out. My friend's mother lost her mind when she realized I was there alone and that they hospital could not find my parents. She actually went out and hunted them down on her own. They were out at a restaurant having dinner. My father had come home from work, and my mother did not even tell him I was at the hospital or anything. I remember the DR reaming her out, and her excuse was that she was diabetic and needed dinner. REALLY? Grab a sandwich, wtf. Not only that, but she was gone for hours and hours before that.

Because they had to wait so long, my appendix burst while they were taking it out, I ended up in hospital for three weeks with a nasty infection and my scar is HUGE! My mother was a complete asshat. That is one of the lesser things she did to me......

This makes me sad beyond belief. I am the first to say that being a parent is the hardest job there is, but I cannot believe the terrible things you and so many others have endured.

I still beat myself up regularly for all the ways I feel like I've failed my children. Whenever they have an issue or a problem I immediately think about what I could've done differently or should have not done or said, but they DO know I love them and I'm their biggest fan in spite of my faults and shortcomings. I cannot comprehend the way some parents treat their own children. That's where my ranting about "don't have kids unless you really want to!" comes to play. Some people are not meant to be parents, but they don't think it out ahead of time.

I do too :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

I'm taking a guess here, but I think congratulations are in order? and no more alcohol? or... nuts? or egg whites. I trying to think of others but having not been there, I don't know. YAY! :smiley:

Oh, I totally had the hint fly over my head and I even recall the earlier post now that it's made obvious.

Great news!

I'm not figuring it out yet, unfortunately. Any other clues anyone can give? Or approx. what page the previous post was on? I've read the whole thread, but sometimes my retention is lacking due to multitasking.

Hint: Impending family expansion going on.

Congrats!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I really want to get a slow cooker or crock pot but it would scare the heck out of me to leave it on for a couple of hours while I'm not in the house. I'd be too afraid that the thing might catch on fire and burn the whole house down. I'm also kind of obsessive over checking if the stove is off at night and if all doors are locked. Once I walked 30 minutes (after already being at the library to study) just to check if I really locked the door to the community center I have the key for because I couldn't remember if I did or not.

I have the same slow cooker fear. Like how can you leave a burning fire in your house without someone there to keep an eye on it?

I used to be scared of this and my boss kept telling me it was fine, now I am a little more comfortable. I mostly worry cuz when we are all at work and school, there are fur babies here that would be helpless and I do not think I would ever get over that......
  • tfwalt77
    tfwalt77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

I have done the same thing
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    This is the ad on the side of my MFP right now, and it is making me a little uncomfortable...

770ffe62-580d-423a-bad3-d9d3fe3aa8a2_zpshk3pjq5x.jpg

Only men can eat cucumbers?!

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh wow I can't believe that so many of you had such irresponsible/horrible parents. I'm so sorry. Mine are/were definitely not the best parents but my problems with them seem pretty small compared to yours.

I think the worst was my mom beating me when I was 10 because I wanted to stop playing the piano (those lessons totally ruined my life, seriously, I hated it, I left in tears every single week because I hated practicing when there were people home, and I still don't understand why she beat me up over it, drawing blood with her nails etc), and my dad looking at me when I was 17 during dinner and saying 'wow, your teeth are ugly' (well, not anymore, I shelled out the $3000 last year to get them fixed, as they didn't think it was important enough to do when I was a teenager).

I admit I'm jealous sometimes when I see the fantastic relationships that some people have with their parents (my father died 13 years ago, my mom comes to visit 3x a year and it's always very stressful and ends up in screaming fests, but I guess I put up with it for my kids). But you all reminded me that there's worse.

@spamarie Congratulations!!!

About falling out of love... Let's just say I wish I was one of those couples who still love each other so much when they are old... but I don't see that happening. It's been 12 years... we've changed. The kids have changed us. I don't really want to elaborate but it's just not the same at all anymore.

Those examples are pretty intense!

Also, on your second point, if your kids are still young, you might fine it changes back as they get older, are more independent and not as much work....when you finally have time for yourselves again....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I would not say that my parents are uncaring...they would never make rude or hateful comments to me. But, I did learn a lot on how not to be a parent from them. I had my tonsils removed when I was six. My mom drove the 45 minutes to the hospital, stayed while they admitted me, did bloodwork, etc...then went home. She came and picked me up three days later. I do not remember a single time in my life where I was as scared as I was, waking up from that surgery and not knowing anyone.

I am sorry you experienced that.

I sadly have experienced this also. I was very sick as a child and spent a LOT of time in hospital. I had a kidney removed, and was in for a long time, I was very young, I barely remember anything, I was maybe 3, but I do remember that I was ALWAYS alone and scared.

When my son was three, he was in the hospital twice one winter with pneumonia, and both times I literally never left his side. I even had the nurses on the ward track me down a bottle of insulin when I ran out. I slept in the hospital bed with him, and did not even go to work or anything. I did not want him to be there alone because of how often that happened to me.

On kind of a funny note, but it also tells how often I was in hospital as a kid, some of the senior nurses on the pediatric ward remembered me when my son was there. I was sleeping in the bed with him one night and all of a sudden felt something in my ear. The nurse had come in for middle of the night temperature and did mine instead of his! She forgot I was not the patient, we laughed about that for literally days!

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. You sound like you are a wonderful, caring mom!

Thank you
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I can relate to that because my mother did that to me! I was about 13 and was vomiting all day and in a lot of pain. A friend had slept over the night before, and by morning when she was leaving I headed over to the ER. My mother checked me in, and then left. I spent hours and hours in an ER room, puking my brains out and passing out over and over. The surgeon said I needed my appendix out, but they could not find my parents to sign the surgery consent. This was the mid 80's so before cell phones etc. My friend that had slept over stopped in with her mom that evening because they had been calling the house and could not get anyone so they came to the ER to see if I was still there. I vaguely remember seeing them between passing out. My friend's mother lost her mind when she realized I was there alone and that they hospital could not find my parents. She actually went out and hunted them down on her own. They were out at a restaurant having dinner. My father had come home from work, and my mother did not even tell him I was at the hospital or anything. I remember the DR reaming her out, and her excuse was that she was diabetic and needed dinner. REALLY? Grab a sandwich, wtf. Not only that, but she was gone for hours and hours before that.

Because they had to wait so long, my appendix burst while they were taking it out, I ended up in hospital for three weeks with a nasty infection and my scar is HUGE! My mother was a complete asshat. That is one of the lesser things she did to me......

It is a wonder they did not call CPS and have you removed from their custody, that would for sure happen now.

Believe it or not, my mother not only had foster children from time to time, but they allowed her to adopt three other children! My sister and I are always amazed at this fact.....that would NEVER happen today....back then we never told many people what was happening in the house. I have had childhood friends and even extended family members that were in absolute shock and disbeleif when I finally told people what my childhood was like......
  • stephmerz
    stephmerz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still sneak a smoke once in a awhile. UGGGG I know

Me too. My family kept pushing me to quit and I have except for 1 right before bed every night. Ib feel like it relaxes me
  • tfwalt77
    Options
    Kontxesi wrote: »
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

When I was a kid I liked my chocolate milk lumpy because I liked the taste of the wet powder chunks. Next time mix a little milk (dairy or non-dairy, what ever) with the powder and it's like a powdery chocolate paste. It's good, trust.

I can vouch for this.

• tfwalt77
    Options
    Yummy.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I would not say that my parents are uncaring...they would never make rude or hateful comments to me. But, I did learn a lot on how not to be a parent from them. I had my tonsils removed when I was six. My mom drove the 45 minutes to the hospital, stayed while they admitted me, did bloodwork, etc...then went home. She came and picked me up three days later. I do not remember a single time in my life where I was as scared as I was, waking up from that surgery and not knowing anyone.

I am sorry you experienced that.

I sadly have experienced this also. I was very sick as a child and spent a LOT of time in hospital. I had a kidney removed, and was in for a long time, I was very young, I barely remember anything, I was maybe 3, but I do remember that I was ALWAYS alone and scared.

When my son was three, he was in the hospital twice one winter with pneumonia, and both times I literally never left his side. I even had the nurses on the ward track me down a bottle of insulin when I ran out. I slept in the hospital bed with him, and did not even go to work or anything. I did not want him to be there alone because of how often that happened to me.

On kind of a funny note, but it also tells how often I was in hospital as a kid, some of the senior nurses on the pediatric ward remembered me when my son was there. I was sleeping in the bed with him one night and all of a sudden felt something in my ear. The nurse had come in for middle of the night temperature and did mine instead of his! She forgot I was not the patient, we laughed about that for literally days!

At least these experiences have made us better parents! When my daughter was in the hospital for three weeks, with a nasty infection (she was 2), the longest we left her alone was for the switch-up (me to drive home and my husband to drive back). This took about 15 minutes and we were very careful to do it while she was sleeping, so she never knew we left. The reason this was necessary is that we had three other kids at home that were not old enough to be alone...and they also needed Mom time.

True enough! My sister and I both parent the exact opposite of what our mother did
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    This is the ad on the side of my MFP right now, and it is making me a little uncomfortable...

770ffe62-580d-423a-bad3-d9d3fe3aa8a2_zpshk3pjq5x.jpg

You do know that most ad's are based on YOUR browser/search history, right? There was a big discussion here a few years back about it cuz someone griped about there being bad food ads on MFP... and that was why. IE- I sometimes see Amazon shoe ads here on MFP after I searched and shopped for shoes.

Sooo... maybe it's still like that? *snicker*
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Introducing Premium!

A $50/yr you can keep that chit. For real. >_<
    OH yes.

Unless the script I used to enter my macros in gram is fixed or a new one is made, I'm just going to enter my macros goals into the food notes.

I can't believe they'd expect me to want to pay that much for "premium", especially with the app's "improved" macro / micronutrient breakdown

Or their POS barcode scanner app that doesn't work nor hasn't for several years. >_<

Quiksylver, have you been typing "Giant Cucumber Man" in your browser again? I thought you were going to stop doing that?!

This made me laugh out loud!

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I thought I was the only person who did this! I can down a 16 oz. coffee in under 5 minutes...it is the fastest way to get the caffeine in, without actually injecting it!

I got tired of the whole coffee thing. Felt like it was more work than it was worth and I don't like it hot so I would drink 2, 3, 4 day old coffee. I started taking half a 5 Hour Energy in the morning and half in the afternoon and it works much better for me.

RE: 5 Hour Energy:

You can buy B Vitamin Complex in liquid form from any vitamin shoppe (I think mine are from Puritan's Pride) and it comes with a dropper, you drop a measure of the liquid under your tongue. It's like ultra-concentrated 5 Hour Energy, for a much lower cost per use. And I can attest, when my butt is dragging, and I drop a double dose under my tongue, I am perked up within the half hour! (Those 5 hour energies can get expensive).

I wonder if I can find these!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

My mom is cut from the same cloth. I won't add to the sad stories here. I figured it out pretty early and I wanted to move out by age 9.

I have very firm boundaries with her and I work very hard to be there for my kids and I still worry that I am not doing it right but there is a lot of love, support, and communication.

I never left my son alone with my mother....literally not for a single moment, I did not trust her as far as I could throw her....I moved out at 14 years old because I could not stand it anymore. She seemed to get worse as she got older. I am sorry you also went through the experience of a crazy mother. She did something truly horrid to me about a year before she died, it is a rather long story because it was very well thought out and plotted on her part, so I will not bore you all with it, but it was something most people would not do to their worst enemy. She has been dead about 12 years now, and it has been the most peaceful 12 years of my life.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I get anxious way too easily. I am not sure if I have to work tomorrow or not. I told my best friend I do but I wrote down that I don't. The thought of not knowing is driving me nuts because it means I have to get up early, drive into the city and call while on my way there to find out because nobody will be there before I have to leave. I am so mad at myself for not just taking a picture of the schedule but writing it down on a napkin while I was on the go. Plus calling somebody and speaking on the phone is one of the worst things for me.

Oh that sucks!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

These stories are so sad. I didn't have a great relationship with my mom (and dad to some extent) and they affected my entire life but so many of these are flat out abuse and make angry. I am not a hugging person but hugs to all!

<3