What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• barbkauffman
    barbkauffman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That it's more about how you think than how you act.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    pacingoamy wrote: »
    Some people won't notice. Or won't bother to say anything.

I find that those who apparently don't notice/bother to say anything are too polite to mention the fact that you've lost weight. I've come across this several times and the people in question have only made a comment after the weight loss has been referred to in general conversation.

I think sometimes, they also can't put their finger on what has changed. I went to a gathering yesterday and haven't seen many of the folks in about 6 months. Though I was on my journey then, it wasn't noticeable. Yesterday, I showed up with 15% of my weight gone and I had just left getting my hair cut. So many of the partygoers would look at my hair and say how great I looked (It was shorter ... but a similar style to what I had last time I saw them) . I believe they knew something was different and they went for the obvious and 'easy' answer first.

There's a great deal of effort to "find the negative" in anything that is said in the workplace, or anywhere for that matter. Reviewing a few recent LinkedIn articles all of which recommended to not comment if a co-worker has lost weight for fear of having them think that they were somehow lesser when heavier. Personally I find this absurd. This is often more in how you say it as opposed to what you say.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Weird but I now have really noticeable pre-Shark Week cravings. Like a couple days ago I was willing to commit murder if I couldn't find chocolate. I never used to have them or at least notice it. I wonder if it's because I no longer really crave sweets or junk on regular days so the only cravings left are hormonal and so they stand out more? All I know is I'm gonna invest in a couple of high quality choclate bars to store for next month.
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Ladies only guys proceed to next person
    So my time of month had been 27 days after last time ended as I gained weight and i thought age it moved to 23 days after last stopped well as I am losing weight I noticed it is going back to less frequent last month was 25 and this one was 26.

After a month of healthy eating mine swung from 28-29 days, to 35!!! My husband and I both freaked out a little although I figured it was the changes to my diet. The next month it was back to 28.

How interesting! These two comments kind of go together for me. I've been doing this two months now, and in those two months my cravings—which were not so much for chocolate but for as much salt and fat as I could possibly find—have disappeared. And since the cravings were how I knew my period was on its way I had no idea when it struck these past two months. Unfortunately, unlike @Seattleovercast my cycle has actually gotten SHORTER! You may have stolen my extra week of peace. I might be willing to give it up not to have the cravings though ...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!