What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    That you will get cold much more easily and quickly. I went from 144 to 119 (though currently 122 and I’m working to get back to 119) and I cannot believe how much more easily I get cold. I know it’s because I lost a lot of my insulation. But still. I didn’t expect this.

And just how good you’re going to feel the first time you can fit into an extra small. I was so happy when I tried on and fit into a Banana Republic shirt that’s an extra small. I did buy it.

A lot of the cold comes from eating in a deficit rather than actual body fat (it has an impact, just not as significant). Having a "diet break" and going to maintenance always warms me right up, no matter where I am with my weight.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't worry, it might not always be this bad!

I agree with this. When I was losing weight I got cold so easily, I had never been that cold so easily before, I thought it was the new normal. But then I did maintenance all winter until this month, and I wasn't excessively cold anymore. I thought I just adjusted, but this makes more sense, I was no longer in a deficit.

I'm losing a few more pounds, but I'm going with such a slow deficit it isn't as noticeable now. Like I'm trying to lose about a pound per month, just very very slow loss.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    GoodLardy wrote: »
    Teerai wrote: »
    Umm how.come when you lose weight and you look good some people come to you and the FIRST thing they say is "Are you sick?"

Probably because it takes about a year for your face to tighten back up and not have the slight sag that does look like you may just been sick.
    It is the common look after the flu or chemo skin sag.

Also, it happens to be that some people are sick and are offended when they are congratulated on looking better when they are actually dying. A coworker lost a ton Of weight, we all hoorayed for her and with her, and turns out she had major liver disease and was dead in a few months.

That's horribla
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    @TheRedQueen1981 when I glanced at your picture I though of Barbara Streisand.
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    ammoes wrote: »
    Being cold all the time!! It will be nice in summer :)
    Reducing a bra-size! As a person who had a breast reduction, that was unexpected.
    Reduce my snoring, even if I only lost 10kg.
    More energy!
    Sleep better.

As someone that had a breast reduction myself, I completely relate. After it was done my doctor told me very sweetly that if I wanted to go down even lower (I did but he took me as far down as he legally could) I would just have to lose about 10lbs. I wasn’t even that overweight yet... a little fluff. But it’s true. My breasts is where I lose it first and I don’t mind at all 😂
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!