Options

Replies

• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My daughter took this pix of me running. LOL

aoi8830vh7lq.jpg

@skippygirlsmom‌ , you may want to slow down, before your blazing speed burns the other pants leg off :)
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    RunTimer wrote: »
    My daughter took this pix of me running. LOL

aoi8830vh7lq.jpg

@skippygirlsmom‌ , you may want to slow down, before your blazing speed burns the other pants leg off :)

;)
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    fabnine wrote: »
    Do we have to post cycling miles too now? I thought this was a running challenge. I'm confused.

No, you don't have to post any other activities, but you may. I think it's nice to see what other ways people stay active on their non-running days.

Thank you @fabnine.

Ermegerd! Cross training :open_mouth:

I find it hilarious that only cycling is brought up in this comment.. Where are all of the negative comments about strength training, walking, or any other cross training that everyone else posts in addition to running?

I guess we need to make challenges for each individual exercise now. While we're at it, we should probably differentiate between street running, trail running, and treadmill running too. </sarcasm>

SMFH.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Do we have to post cycling miles too now? I thought this was a running challenge. I'm confused.

No, you don't have to post any other activities, but you may. I think it's nice to see what other ways people stay active on their non-running days.

Thank you @fabnine.

I find it hilarious that only cycling is brought up in this comment.. Where are all of the negative comments about strength training, walking, or any other cross training that everyone else posts in addition to running?

I guess we need to make challenges for each individual exercise now. While we're at it, we should probably differentiate between street running, trail running, and treadmill running too. </sarcasm>

SMFH.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098848/march-2015-walk-run-bike-challenge#latest

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    09-Mar: 3.4K
    Total: 33 miles

b711f2b2eade190.png
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    4 miles today, so 14/25 yay!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

SMFH.

Oh no! Wherever will I fit in? Most my running is on a paved walk at the park...and I'm really "jogging"... Yikes!.... <moresarcasm>
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 Yay! Trying out another run, hope this time your ankles are ready!

It felt strong throughout my entire slow mile - but it did last week, too, and then the next day wasn't so great.

I bought new shoes today. I've been running in Merrell Bare Access and I thought maybe I should try a traditional running shoe to complement the minimalists I love. So, if all goes well, I'll be breaking in a pair of Brooks Glycerin 12's tomorrow.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    who would like to give me hill advice. I just cant concure them. is there a way to run up hill (like lean in, eyes down) or something that im missing? i usually end up just power walking up them. my marathon is in june and its in hilly seattle. I would like to jog up at least half of them :(

ps. i am the worlds slowest runner (a jogger actually) 12-12.5 min miler.

exercise.png

shorter stride- driving in and UP.
    I pump my arms- and drive drive drive. Head down - not tucked- but not up.

I work hard on hills- I feel the ground and my feet a lot- I know that might sound weird- but very ball of the foot and just driving up. Using the ground to really push away. and everything in my body wills me forward and up- and I focus on no wasted energy in any direction but forward and up.

• kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    3/2 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (office gym)
    3/4 - 4 miles, treadmill (office gym)
    3/6 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (apartment gym)
    3/7 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (apartment gym)
    3/9 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (office gym)

exercise.png
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options

Thank you @fabnine.

SMFH.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098848/march-2015-walk-run-bike-challenge#latest

Considering that you have the time, don't forget to post challenge links for everyone else in this thread who posts walking, strength training, or other workouts that they do in addition to their running..

Personally, IDGAF. I'll post what I want to :smiley:
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

SMFH.

Oh no! Wherever will I fit in? Most my running is on a paved walk at the park...and I'm really "jogging"... Yikes!.... <moresarcasm>

You mean that there's no "Running on a Paved Walk at the Park during the daytime hours only when less than 100 people are there challenge"? WTF?? </sarcasm> :wink:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @runtimer too funny! My right leg just gets cold when I run.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Thank you @fabnine.

SMFH.

Considering that you have the time, don't forget to post challenge links for everyone else in this thread who posts walking, strength training, or other workouts that they do in addition to their running..

Personally, IDGAF. I'll post what I want to :smiley:

I think I must have missed something here! Plenty of other people post riding/walking/strength training etc. I don't see how it distracts from the challange? Post away!

I only post my running mileage because that is really my only dedicated exercise right now outside of the occasional Pilates class.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

3/1 - 2.25 miles - walking, and another 2.25 miles - walking
    3/2 - 1 mile - running, 1 mile - walking, and another 2 miles - walking
    3/3 - 5 miles - walking ***that single mile of running was a mistake***
    3/4 - 2.25 miles - walking, and another 1.5 miles - walking
    3/5 - 2.25 miles - walking
    3/6 - 1.75 miles - walking
    3/7 - 2.25 miles - walking, and another 1.75 miles - walking
    3/8 - 2.1 miles - walking, and another 4.25 miles - walking
    3/9 - 2.5 miles - 1.16 running, 1.34 walking (we'll see if I was ready, yet), and another 2 miles - walking

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    March 1---5.5 miles
    March 2---2.5 miles
    March 4---3.5 miles
    March 8---5 miles
    march 9---3 miles

Total 19 Goal 50
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    03/03 - 6.2km
    04/03 - 8.59km
    06/03 - 4.0km
    10/03 - 6.1km

exercise.png

c644044669b8b51.gif

• jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have reach the goal I set so I have decide to update my goal.

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    03/01.... 2.00....... 2.00 - Dog Beach run
    03/02.... 5.22....... 7.22 - Fast rain run
    03/03.... 7.88......15.10 - + Strength Training
    03/04.... 0.00......15.10
    03/05.... 4.03......19.13 - + Strength Training
    03/06.... 8.74......27.87 - Windy and so dry
    03/07.... 6.70......34.57 - Hot, hot, hot (sorry to all who are still dealing with snow and ice!)
    03/08.... 2.00......36.57 - Dog Beach run
    03/09.... 5.09......41.66

exercise.png

7298b250c4c6ca2.gif