March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My training pace is 10:30-12:00 minutes per mile.
    My race pace is 10:30-12:00 minutes per mile.
    My all out sprint pace is 10:30-12:00 minutes per mile.
    My slow recovery pace is 10:30-12:00 minutes per mile.

It's good to be consistent!
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    exercise.png
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I realize that other peoples pace does not affect mine but it is helpful to know what other people run. I think that maybe part of my frustration may be that my treadmill is not accurate. It has me running 11:97 mpm whereas anytime that I run outside (and I feel that I am running the exact same pace according to my steps and breathing) it says that I am between 9:23-10:40. I think that my treadmill is not giving me full credit for the mileage that I have been running?? I am looking forward to more outside runs this weekend! Again, I appreciate everyone's responses, it makes me feel much better!!
  • johnsonnelly
    Options
    @leighbee I completely understand the middle of the road feeling because that is how my life has always been and will likely always be as well! :) I never expect to be "fast."
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think that my treadmill is not giving me full credit for the mileage that I have been running??
    I know for a fact that the treadmills at the Y rip me off... just one more reason to hate those nefarious machines.

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You people are amazing. I feel a little silly here. 17/25, getting there!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »

One small goal for runners. One giant leap for all runnerkind!
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Who's training for a race here? What distance? Any time goals?

I'll be running the Blue Angels Rock N Fly Half Marathon on March 21. I missed it last year due a knee injury about 1 month before the event. I've been nursing that knee back to health for a full year, and I'm finally ready to make it happen. It will be my first half. It is a goal I never ever believed I'd be up for.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    :) thanks! don't know why that didn't occur to me but the only CC runners I see are 14-16 year olds...
    IDK why, but here we use XC for cross country. And for Lacrosse it is LAX, which is quite popular in FL.

Wow, so many posts the last couple days! I can't catch up with everything... but...

@briebee7 -- I hope you are okay. Sounds painful. I pretty much always run in the dark and one of the rare days when I ran in the daylight, I almost fell! I caught myself before I did but it was one of those ugly trips where you take some giant steps and then catch yourself. And, it was very close to my house, and some neighbors were outside talking. :blush:

@cooter_mom - so excited for you!!! It will just keep getting better -- and I love those pictures from the other day.

@shanaber - massages sounds like a good thing to add to my list for next week. :wink:

I used to use LAX when I had to go on travel to California in the Los Angeles area. ;-)

I am also used to XC for cross country. Never seen it as CC.

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    :) thanks! don't know why that didn't occur to me but the only CC runners I see are 14-16 year olds...
    IDK why, but here we use XC for cross country. And for Lacrosse it is LAX, which is quite popular in FL.

Wow, so many posts the last couple days! I can't catch up with everything... but...

@briebee7 -- I hope you are okay. Sounds painful. I pretty much always run in the dark and one of the rare days when I ran in the daylight, I almost fell! I caught myself before I did but it was one of those ugly trips where you take some giant steps and then catch yourself. And, it was very close to my house, and some neighbors were outside talking. :blush:

@cooter_mom - so excited for you!!! It will just keep getting better -- and I love those pictures from the other day.

@shanaber - massages sounds like a good thing to add to my list for next week. :wink:

I used to use LAX when I had to go on travel to California in the Los Angeles area. ;-)

I am also used to XC for cross country. Never seen it as CC.

We used to write CC with an arrow through it. Zoooooom ... super-fast like an arrow ...

ETA: We were slightly nerdy though.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »

don't feel silly- I only run 2x a week- I have to remember what page I posted on- I simply cannot keep track. I run very little... but every little bit counts!

and to keep with the times XC and CC were interchangeable for me.
    LAX_ has always been L.A.X- as in the airport- but after I moved to VA/NorthEast- where you know people acutally play the sport of Lacrosse- I learned that LAX also equalled lacrosse LOL.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Week update for me.
    hard to keep track when you're only 2x a week lol- no worries!

3.2- 2.48 @ 23 min (seriously ice conditions-didn't die- celebrate)
    3.4- 2 miles @ 37 min (no sports bra- walking incline FWD/BKW)
    3.7 - 3 miles @ 30 min (treadmill- slow run- and bothers my shins- still done)
    3.12.-4.17 miles @ 35:42

outside- brisk- not a breeze but the air was crisp- just felt windy- even though it wasn't to much- was hoping for 5 but I have class in 15 min- so no go. Hoping to get another 'longer' run on Saturday while my car is being looked at- woot woot- I felt quick today- but it definitely felt like work. I'm alright with it though.

Total March Goals
    16.65 Miles of 60 hypothetical miles

New hi vis vest- I finally got to wear- I'm actually pretty happy with it- it's not noisy- I can adjust it and I feel a lot more visible with it on! :D
    IMG_20150312_183630_zpst21ljqte.jpg
  • zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Goal: 65 miles

3/1: 6.38 miles, 11:42 pace, snow covered sidewalks but beautiful day!
    3/2: REST
    3/3: 3.01 miles, 10:52 pace, in a misty, cold rain - LOVED it!
    3/4: 3.00 miles, 11:42 pace, I felt like I had lead feet today.
    3/5: REST - my Achilles' tendon was aching so I dropped my scheduled 3 miles
    3/6: REST
    3/7: My 1st 8k race, 5.01 miles, 10:32 pace - I felt AWESOME! My best race pace by far. Also a 2 mile walk with my husky in the evening.
    3/8: 10 mile bike ride, weight training
    3/9: REST
    3/10: 3 mile run, 11:39 pace, weight training
    3/11: 4 mile run, 11:52 pace, in the rain with my husky Ellie - we both enjoyed it & I didn't have any aches today :)
    3/12: 3 mile run, 10:57 pace, weight training
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Broad Street Run 10 mile training.... 4 miles coming up this Saturday...This will be my longest run ever... If I can get thru this mentally I can get thru 5miles next then thast half the race!!! One step at a time

exercise.png

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Oy vey, I'm falling behind. I've done a mile swim and a strength training session since I posted last and today I coached my Girls on the Run team.
    They ran a few strides to warm up, then about ten minutes steady. Their 5K is a week after my marathon in May, can't wait.
    Currently in an airport, I'm ready for a nice sunny desert run tomorrow morning!
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1--- 6mi
    2--- REST DAY
    3--- 8mi
    4--- 7mi
    5--- 10mi
    6--- 7.25mi
    7--- 18.05mi
    8--- 6mi --- (Weekly total: 56.30 miles)
    9--- REST DAY
    10--- 10mi with 6 @ goal marathon pace
    11--- 8mi
    12--- 8mi

Done: 88.30/200mi goal
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    March Goal 75 miles

3/1 rest
    3/2 2.34 run, then I lifted and carried 25 60#bags of cement to help DH build an observation deck...
    3/3 rest because I couldn't walk....see above^^^
    3/4 3.44
    3/5 3.96
    3/6 3.35
    3/7 strength training (with bar and dumbbells, not cement bags!)
    3/8 3.85 followed by a whale watching cruise
    3/9 4.12
    3/10 rest
    3/11 strength training
    3/12 3.22

Total 24.28

(Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

@lonewolfrunner : And at that you've still got me beat most of the time!
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    03/03 - 6.2km
    04/03 - 8.59km
    06/03 - 4.0km
    10/03 - 6.1km
    11/03 - 6.02km
    13/03 - 4.02km

Another short one today...... had just enough time to squeeze it in this morning before having to shoot off to donate plasma. Weekend is full to bursting so won't be running again until Tuesday :neutral_face: but next weekend I should be able to get in my Sunday morning run!!

exercise.png

c644044669b8b51.gif

• johnsonnelly
    Options
    March 1 -Rest
    March 2 - 4 miles
    March 3 - 5.1 miles (furthest run to date)
    March 4-6th - Rest arches, I pulled them jumping rope.
    March 7 - 4 miles OUTSIDE!!! It was so warm here, I was surprised!
    March 8 - 4 miles (plus a hike on the mountain)
    March 9 - 3.1 miles (5k OUTSIDE!!, plus a 2 mile walk and weight training)
    March 10 - 2.25 miles (It was hard to run tonight....)
    March 11 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    March 12 - 3.1 miles (5k, outside and the pace was MUCH different than on the treadmill. It was 9:47 mpm versus the almost 12 that I get on the machine)

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    @arussell134‌ - I have a 5k on Sunday and the San Francisco Half Marathon in July. Thinking about running the La Jolla Half at the end of April. I would love to hit 25 mins in the 5K but this would be really pushing it - my PR is a 29. For the Half my goal is to get under 2:15 - I think it is doable as my PR is 2:17.
    @marekdds‌ - don't feel silly! You are doing great! Looks like you will hit that goal well before the end of the month if you keep at it!
    @JoRocka‌ - love the new vest.

My run today was not great, I was tired. Went to the gym for training and lifting heavy felt so good! Guess I wasn't as tired as I thought :smiley:

Date.......Miles.......Total
    03/01.... 2.00....... 2.00 - Dog Beach run
    03/02.... 5.22....... 7.22 - Fast rain run
    03/03.... 7.88......15.10 - + Strength Training
    03/04.... 0.00......15.10
    03/05.... 4.03......19.13 - + Strength Training
    03/06.... 8.74......27.87 - Windy and so dry
    03/07.... 6.70......34.57 - Hot, hot, hot (sorry to all who are still dealing with snow and ice!)
    03/08.... 2.00......36.57 - Dog Beach run
    03/09.... 5.09......41.66
    03/10.....9.52......51.18 - + Strength Training
    03/11.....0.00......51.18 - much needed rest day!
    03/12.....4.75......55.93 - + Strength Training

exercise.png

7298b250c4c6ca2.gif