b711f2b2eade190.png
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options

3/1 - 4 miles
    3/9 - 3.5 miles
    3/11 - 4.02 miles
    3/13 - 5.05 miles

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wp4mvpr/exercise.png [\img][/img]
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka - Love the vest! Looking good! I'm training for a HM on May 3rd and hoping for a sub 2:00 time...
    @ddmom0811 - Have a great race on Saturday!!! I would love to try a 10K, they seem to have very few of those in my area...but it seems like it would be such a great racing distance.
    @autumnblade75 - Welcome back! Your tenacity is admirable!
    @cooter_mom - So awesome to see your excitement! You're making me itchy for spring runs!!!
    @4leighbee & @briebee7 - Nice job with those hills!! In Maine, everyday that I'm not on my treadmill is a hill training day. I feel like an old grandpa..."I run up hill both ways..."
    @johnsonnelly - My pace is ridiculously slower on the treadmill as well...not sure if that's my body rebelling and expressing its distaste for it or if it's as @LoneWolfRunner says and its robbing of us of miles. I naturally run faster outside without significantly elevating my heart rate and also feel less sore afterwards. I just remind myself that the treadmill is serving a purpose...and that's keeping me running through the months that I wouldn't be able to run otherwise!!

3/1, 2.2 miles, snowshoe (not counting as running miles)
    3/2, 5.0 miles, treadmill (C'mon spring, I want off this treadmill!)
    3/3, 6.0 miles, outside!!! It was cold, wet and icy but worth it! ;)
    3/4, rest, was able to get a walk at lunch in the 40 degree sunshine!
    3/5, 4.34 miles, treadmill
    3/6, 4.34 miles, treadmill
    3/7, unplanned rest day, life...
    3/8, planned rest day
    3/9, 4.34 miles, treadmill & Zumba at lunch
    3/10, planned rest, hosting book club! But I got a quick walk in at lunch!
    3/11, 5.2 miles, OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't call it spring weather quite yet but I will call running outside in the sun GLORIOUS!!!
    3/12, 4.17 miles, dreadmill. Body expressed its distaste for the treadmill after yesterday's outside run...I had wicked side aches the whole time and I had to keep slowing my already slow pace.

34.84 miles total; 100 miles goal
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    3/2...........................Weight training
    3/3...........................5.25....................5.25
    3/4...........................5.25..................10.50
    3/5...........................7.75..................18.25
    3/6...........................Weight training
    3/7.........................11.00..................29.25
    3/8...........................5.50..................34.75
    3/9...........................Weight training
    3/11.........................8.00..................42.75
    3/12.........................8.75..................51.50
    3/13.........................1.25..................52.75
    3/13.........................Weight training

exercise.png

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    briebee7 wrote: »
    @ddmom0811 - Enjoy your 10K! Are you running the entire way with your daughter or are you both doing your own pace?
    We each do our own pace. The first time we ran a 5K together on Thanksgiving she thought she was going to stay with me. I had told her before hand to just go ahead but she said "no, I'll stay with you!". Then after a few minutes, before mile 1, she said "Ok, see you at the end!" and took off.

Have great runs today and this weekend everybody!
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3/2 = 4.56 miles
    3/3 = 2.26 miles
    3/4 = 3.52 miles
    3/5 = rest
    3/6 = 4.51 miles
    3/7 = rest
    3/8 = 8 miles
    3/9 = rest
    3/10 = 5.02 miles
    3/11 = 3 miles
    3/12 = 4.59 miles
    3/13 = rest

Total = 35.46

Was going to do five yesterday, but I was running with my friend and she quit on me at the end. Guess I could have kept going for those last few tenths of a mile, but I felt bad. This is the friend who I did the Couch to 5k with starting in October... at the beginning she told me that there was no way she was going to be able to ever do the 5k, and now we have gone way beyond that! However, I am training for this half marathon which she doesn't plan to do, so sometimes that makes it a little awkward. She enjoys doing long runs with me, but sometimes wants to "give up", especially on shorter runs, before I do. I want to keep running with her, but I also have a training schedule I feel like I have to stick to. I feel bad running on without her, but I guess that's what I'm going to have to do soon?

Anyway... keep trekking everyone!

exercise.png

• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Goal 130 Miles

1/3 - 0
    2/3 - 5 miles (treadmill)
    3/3 - 0
    4/3 - 0
    5/3 - 10 miles (treadmill and wow was this boring)
    6/3 - 5 miles (treadmill)
    7/3 - 7.5 miles (outside, yay for weekends)
    8/3 - 13.25 miles (outside)
    9/3 - 5 miles (treadmill)
    10/3 - 5 miles (treadmill)
    11/3 - Rest day.
    12/3 - 5.2 miles (treadmill)
    13/3 - 5.2 miles (treadmill)

Total 61.15miles.

I am really starting to hate the treadmill, luckily it is getting lighter at nights now, so I can start running in the evenings, around 21:00ish instead.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 - Welcome back! Your tenacity is admirable!

Thanks. I should really still be taking it easy on that ankle. I got a brace for it, but that rubbed my heel and I have a HUGE blister. I felt it forming, and said "I don't even care - I'll worry about it later. I'm doing 3 miles!" But I don't know if I'll be able to use the brace again today, with that blister. And I'm not sure the brace even helped, anyway - my ankle doesn't seem to be any the better for it. I haven't decided what to do about it, today, yet.

• alphonsofl2md
    alphonsofl2md Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Goal 25 miles
    3/9 = 1.25 mile run outside
    3/11 = 2.75 mile walk on treadmill
    3/13 = 3 mile run/walk on treadmill
    18 miles left to go this month
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

03/01 - jog outside 2.3 miles
    03/03 - jog outside 2 miles
    03/05 - brisk walk with dogs 2 miles
    03/06 - jog outside 2.2 miles
    03/07 - brisk walk with dogs 2 miles
    03/08 - jog outside 2 miles
    03/09 - brisk walk with dogs 3 miles
    03/10 - jog outside 2 miles
    03/13 - jog outside 2 miles

*days I'm not jogging are yoga and/or strength training days.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    faytwain wrote: »
    Broad Street Run 10 mile training.... 4 miles coming up this Saturday...This will be my longest run ever... If I can get thru this mentally I can get thru 5miles next then thast half the race!!! One step at a time

exercise.png

Just imagine yourself stretching at the end of your 4 miles Saturday morning - so proud of yourself and ready for a nice warm shower ... you've so totally got this! :)
  • nate1618
    nate1618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Goal: 40 miles

3/3: 3.06 miles (Treadmill)
    3/5: 2.52 miles (Treadmill)
    3/7: 4.01 miles (Treadmill)
    3/9: 2.07 miles (Treadmill)
    3/12: 3.15 miles (Treadmill)

Total: 14.81 miles
    Remaining: 25.19 miles
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    akirkman86 wrote: »
    Was going to do five yesterday, but I was running with my friend and she quit on me at the end. Guess I could have kept going for those last few tenths of a mile, but I felt bad. This is the friend who I did the Couch to 5k with starting in October... at the beginning she told me that there was no way she was going to be able to ever do the 5k, and now we have gone way beyond that! However, I am training for this half marathon which she doesn't plan to do, so sometimes that makes it a little awkward. She enjoys doing long runs with me, but sometimes wants to "give up", especially on shorter runs, before I do. I want to keep running with her, but I also have a training schedule I feel like I have to stick to. I feel bad running on without her, but I guess that's what I'm going to have to do soon?
    This is exactly why I run alone 99% of the time. I run with a friend about every 6 weeks or so... I can deal with him because he is a bat-shlt crazy weightlifter and thinks everything is a competition, so he will run any distance I pick. He won't ever quit because he doesn't want me to"win". Since he doesn't run often, ten milers out on the trail hammer him to the point of tears, but he claims he loves it. The boy ain't right, but he's entertaining company if I feel like a change of pace.
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    03/02 - 2 miles
    03/04 - 2.5 miles
    03/06- 3.1 miles
    03/09 - 2.5 miles
    03/10- rest
    03/11- 2.5 miles
    03/12- rest day (backyard clean up- 'tis the season, and agility practice)
    03/13- 3 miles... Graduated C25K today!!! At the start of the year I could barely run 90 seconds, now I'm running 30 min straight.

Total 16 miles....... Goal 26 miles

Also question: when I show the dogs, it's a lot of sprint and rest, Sprint and rest. Last year I struggled with keeping up, this year I've been running 3x a week and now that I've graduated to C25K I am going to add some weights to get some more fat off, which I know will make it easier to run. I was thinking of doing speed intervals but I've read that if you start those while your new to running you can hurt yourself, with a show 4 weeks out I can't afford that. Any advice appreciated.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @akirkman86 - it is hard when you and your training partner have different goals in mind. Perhaps you can run with her on your shorter days or even have her meet you for the last part of your longer runs? Then you can still run with her but still be able to stay on track for your training. When is your half again?

@shanaber - I am contemplating doing the 1st half of the SF marathon as well. It is between that one or doing an Olympic Tri at Donner lake which is the same day. The tri would be my 1st ever. I may hold off and do the Pacific Grove tri instead in September.

I will be running later this evening. I got dressed and ready this morning and then both my daughters woke up. I decided to cuddle with them on the couch and drink coffee before work instead of running in the dark. :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 - 12mi, easy
    2 - 8.2mi, easy
    3 - 8.2mi, tempo
    4 - 10mi, easy w/FF
    5 - 8mi, intervals
    6 - 8mi, easy+3.2mi, tempo
    7 - 18mi, easy
    8 - Rest
    9 - 7.2mi, easy
    10 - 6.3mi, easy
    11 - 6.5mi, easy
    12 - Rest
    13 - 5.2mi, easy w/strides

Love strides!
    kr3dwlbek2yu.png

Total: 100mi

Mar goal: 250mi (adjusted per coach's schedule)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Wow - this thread is hopping. How do you all keep up/manage it? I'd love some tips since I'm newer!

Here's my month, so far:
    3/1: 5.33 (treadmill) - about 9:30 min/mile pace
    3/2: Easy 3 - about 10 min/mile pace
    3/3: Hard 6 (done as intervals)
    3/4: Easy 3 - about 10 min/mile pace
    3/5: Tempo 5 - up to 8 min/mile pace
    3/6: Rest
    3/7: Hard 6 - 8:40 min/mile pace on hills
    3/8: Easy 9 - 11:20 min/mile pace on hills
    3/9: Easy 2 - 9:25 min/mile pace
    3/10: Easy 23 minutes - 10 min/mile pace, plus 6 intervals of 1 m b/w 8 - 8.5 on treadmill - total miles, 3
    3/11: Easy 2

TOTAL MILES: 44.33

I don't have a monthly mileage goal, but I'm guessing I'll end up topping 100 for March. Today I'll probably just do 1 or 2 miles, with rest days tomorrow & Sat. Sunday is my 5K and I'm getting nervous & excited!

After that race, I'll be moving onto a half marathon training cycle.

Who's training for a race here? What distance? Any time goals?

Go into the group (1st post in this thread at the bottom shows the link) and then take a look at Running Related Sites and references. Also look at the Discussions below it. I and others posted lots of good info in the discussions.

I have 4 Half Marathons on back to back to back to back weekends starting in Knoxville on the 29th of this month with Sonic. I keep my full race schedule is in my profile. Most of them will be used as fun long runs (not racing them), but my feature race is the Bridgestreet one (the same one CodeMonkey and skippygirlsmom mentions above) which is local and relatively flat compared to the others. But running the first one with Sonic may redefine what is called a "fun training run".

Man, 6mos ago, I thought I could make this work, but I can't without jeopardizing my marathon (and possibly, relationship haha) because I was already signed up for Run The Bluegrass HM that Saturday. Tell Noelton Hill I said "eff off" and you better join the ranks of the Half Fanatics after your four in a row - guaranteed a couple moons at least!

Saturn level, actually
    http://www.halffanatics.com/are-you-a-fanatic/fanatic-criteria

SATURN

4 Half Marathons within 37 days.

12 - 18 Half Marathons within 365 days.

4 Half Marathons in 4 different US states, Countries or Canadian Provinces (any combination) 51 days.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @jorocka I agree on the vest love it
    @faytwain girl you have this 10 miles you amaze me with all you do
    @ddmom0811 my Skip is like your daughter "I want to run with you" that was our first 5K together, at mile 1 she said "crap I'm so slow" and left me, now she starts at the front of the pack to do her own thing. My last words to her at every race are "be fast, be good, be gone". She is usually at the finish line with a cold drink waiting for me by the time I get there. I love when races loop around so we can pass each other and I can give her a Hey!
    @akirkman86 I run alone for the reasons some said above. I like to do my own pace and my own thing. Right now my daughter is playing soccer so when she runs with me she only wants to do 3 miles 4 at most. So we run a loop where I can send her back at what I tell her is mile 3 though I know it's 4 :-) she never wears a watch that'll teach her. I have a friend who when I started to run ran faster and more than me. I would be her warm up 2 miles and then she would leave me. I always knew she would so I never felt bad, I'm sure your friend won't either.

I hate when you have the best plans for the day that don't work out. Decided I'd take my running stuff to work today and run around some of HM course I'll run next month after work. Don't you know today is the day Skip leaves her keys on the kitchen table. So I'll run the hood when I get home tonight. Note to self, keep deodorant and shower stuff at work and you can run at lunch time.
  • mmabry72
    mmabry72 Posts: 100 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    exercise.png

Its almost time to change my ticker graphic :)

1 March – Rest
    2 March – P90X3/push up, sit up circuit
    3 March – 3.07 miles
    4 March – Push up, sit up circuit
    5 March – Rest
    6 March – 3.07
    7 March – 3.25 – 5k(26:34 @ 8:11 Avg. pace) + plus .5 mile warm up and .5 mile cool down not logged.
    8 March – 3:13
    9 March – Rest
    10 March – 4.06
    11 March – Push up, sit up circuit
    12 March – 5.28
    13 March – Push up, sit up circuit
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    3/13 3 miles
    My calves are still pretty grumpy about Wednesday's run but I got through it without too much discomfort.
    exercise.png