Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

On that basis, I am probably going to die soon, since I had some naan last night, and I'm reasonably sure it contained flour. (I managed to exercise a lot so far today, but I imagine that's just a fluke and I actually feel terrible, unbeknownst to me.)

For the record, not celiac.

OMG, flour??? You mean that stuff we've been turning wheat into for at least 12000 years?? Our bodies can't possibly handle that!!

Yes, well aware that our modern flour is a hell of a lot more refined that the stuff the Natufians were nomming down on, but you try making flour with these suckers...

grinding-stones.jpg

;-) Very cool.

It wasn't 12000 years ago, and their equipment was not identical, of course, but one branch of my family ran the first grain mill in their Iowa county back in the day. So when people say that clean eating means (a) no flour, and (b) eating like your great great (etc.) grandparents, I get confused.

Cool :). And yes, I can see how that is confusing. I come from a long line of market gardeners on my father's side dammit. That reminds me, I'm planning on putting in a veggie garden, is that going to negate my dirty eaters membership?? I'll still be buying produce I can't grow here in winter, that will most likely come from Australia, or at the very least the top of NZ, does the carbon footprint on that cancel out my gardening?

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I love clean eating. We were driving around, just finished getting my dogs nails clipped and I decided as were about to drive past an Italian Deli "Let's get some ravioli for tonight". We went in and after some looking around we decided we wanted basic cheese ravioli. I was going to get Lost er or Shrimp but decided I wanted cheese instead. She wanted fresh baked bread so we got some along with some fresh marinara. All of the food was fresh, just made and the place is family owned. CLEAN EATING!!!!!! It's the best.

Oh yeah, the bread suffered a little mishap. Bad the about fresh baked bread is the crumbs on the seat at the end of the drive.

lfeDTGw.jpg?1

08ZyDqx.jpg?1

1A3Sf5q.jpg?1

3FI9q6m.jpg?1
    tumblr_lk15jv0E9O1qh28qoo1_500.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    A donut is definitely not the same nutritionally as a banana... That is ridiculous...

the argument is 100 calories of donuts = 100 calories of banana….

no one said they were nutritional equals...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Calories are not equal and your body can tell the difference between a doughnut and a banana. There is a huge difference between eating 500 calories of fries and a 500 calorie "clean" meal. The fries are full of fats and carbs and little actual nutrient that will leave your body hungry, causing you to eat more. As where the "clean" meal has more nutrients that will actually feed your body, helping to it function better. A lot of people who are obese are actually found to have malnutrition because they eat empty calories and are constantly hungry because their body's aren't being fed properly. I'm not saying never ever eat a doughnut, or fries or what have you, but to say that it's the same as a banana is wrong.

This!! :-) iv just started eating a lot more fibrous foods and feel so much better....feel full for waaaaay longer, skin is clearing real nicely and I have so much more energy....my runs are a lot easier too! I'm all for eating the "right" things to fuel your body :-)

yea, not this….

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    But.... but...but a pound of fat is heavier than a pound of muscle or butter or gold...

stop it...everybody knows butter is a carb. . . .gif please. . .anyone. . . . .anyone

• _Terrapin_
    Options
    I love clean eating. We were driving around, just finished getting my dogs nails clipped and I decided as were about to drive past an Italian Deli "Let's get some ravioli for tonight". We went in and after some looking around we decided we wanted basic cheese ravioli. I was going to get Lost er or Shrimp but decided I wanted cheese instead. She wanted fresh baked bread so we got some along with some fresh marinara. All of the food was fresh, just made and the place is family owned. CLEAN EATING!!!!!! It's the best.

Oh yeah, the bread suffered a little mishap. Bad the about fresh baked bread is the crumbs on the seat at the end of the drive.

lfeDTGw.jpg?1

08ZyDqx.jpg?1

1A3Sf5q.jpg?1

3FI9q6m.jpg?1

I would hope you cleaned your lap after getting out of the car from 'the bread mishap'
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    tumblr_mb8t6iOyFH1r7zma5o2_500.gif
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Did Jason start lifting yet?
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

You are awesome!

• _Terrapin_
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

lfeDTGw.jpg?1

08ZyDqx.jpg?1

1A3Sf5q.jpg?1

3FI9q6m.jpg?1

I would hope you cleaned your lap after getting out of the car from 'the bread mishap'

That's why I have a dog.

Wait........what????

Aha! So you admit you eat food. . . .I knew it.

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Shots_Fired.gif
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

You are awesome!

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqetd3TTTB1sp9fcho1_500.gif
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Shots_Fired.gif

Probably one of my favorite animes...

263kl87.jpg
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The team from the Guinness Book of World Records, long searching for something new to record an abundance of, arrives, exhausted and parched, at the vast expanse of the MFP forums. Each day, they see numerous posts about clean eating, the inhabitants of the expanse regularly warring against each other and leaving petty jabs all over the place. After recording these encounters for several years, the crew returns to the Guinness offices to add these ridiculous posts to its books.

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODY!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • jordie1129
    Options
    By that same token, if I make doughnuts from freshly milled whole grains from a local mill, and sweeten them with local honey, wouldn't they be clean doughnuts?

Also, not dropped on the floor, not even once!

You mean, similar to these?

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-doughnuts/

THAT is what drives me crazy about the "clean eating" people. A donut is fine, if you just slightly modify it. Life is so much easier with moderation than deprivation.
  • jordie1129
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    Didn't we just do this yesterday with the "bad food" thread?

pretty sure we did this about three times yesterday...

Which leads to this question ~ Then why do you all keep taking the bait?

For the GIFS