• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    I love clean eating. We were driving around, just finished getting my dogs nails clipped and I decided as were about to drive past an Italian Deli "Let's get some ravioli for tonight". We went in and after some looking around we decided we wanted basic cheese ravioli. I was going to get Lost er or Shrimp but decided I wanted cheese instead. She wanted fresh baked bread so we got some along with some fresh marinara. All of the food was fresh, just made and the place is family owned. CLEAN EATING!!!!!! It's the best.

Oh yeah, the bread suffered a little mishap. Bad the about fresh baked bread is the crumbs on the seat at the end of the drive.

lfeDTGw.jpg?1

08ZyDqx.jpg?1

1A3Sf5q.jpg?1

3FI9q6m.jpg?1

I would hope you cleaned your lap after getting out of the car from 'the bread mishap'

That's why I have a dog.

Wait........what????

Aha! So you admit you eat food. . . .I knew it.

That one went right over my head

Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Did Jason start lifting yet?

Is the pope Protestant?
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well, ok. Here are the Clean Eating Guidelines that worked for me:
    http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/food-health/food-and-health-news/what-is-clean-eating/

Based on my own experience, I had trouble losing weight for the longest time. Then I found out about this. I figured I had nothing to lose by trying it, so that's what I did. It worked for me. I lost 40 pounds and I have kept it off. I'm not a 100% practitioner though. On a good day, I probably get it about 80% right.

That list is common sense. Portion size, and drink water are something every decent diet includes. Although, I don't think I ever hit the 2 Liter mark. Heck if I drank that much I'd get more exercise. Call me a modern-day hippie, but those guidelines won't hurt me, and ethically they're pretty much on the mark.
  • compgeek812
    compgeek812 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Probably one of my favorite animes...

263kl87.jpg
    Agreed, BeBop is amazing. And the cast is just as awesome in person!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Did Jason start lifting yet?

i am going with no ….
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Shots_Fired.gif

263kl87.jpg

After careful evaluation, I'm pretty sure this is the one I'm going to show the Hubster to start him on the deep, dark path of anime. ;)

So good.

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options

263kl87.jpg
    Agreed, BeBop is amazing. And the cast is just as awesome in person!

Aaah wish I could meet them! The English voice actor for Natsu in Fairy Tail is coming next weekend and I'm a excited.
    snikkins wrote: »
    Shots_Fired.gif

263kl87.jpg

After careful evaluation, I'm pretty sure this is the one I'm going to show the Hubster to start him on the deep, dark path of anime. ;)

So good.

Great choice! Beebop and Samurai Champloo was actually the first two animes my husband and I watched together when we were dating (I knew he was a keeper after that haha)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Laura732 wrote: »
    Based on my own experience, I had trouble losing weight for the longest time. Then I found out about this. I figured I had nothing to lose by trying it, so that's what I did. It worked for me. I lost 40 pounds and I have kept it off. I'm not a 100% practitioner though. On a good day, I probably get it about 80% right.

Sooooo, what most* of us who don't proclaim to eat clean do?

* just in case someone actually is living entirely off twinkies and pizza...
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, interesting . I know that if I eat a donut for breakfast, I crash and burn within an hour, and may even fall asleep if I am sitting down. If I have a banana (or just about any fruit) I am good for a few hours with no crashing. I guess the 100 calories are the same, but the way my body reacts to them are very different.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This is where being 'healthy' gets you. I managed to end up with a ton of calories left for dinner, so I made this lovely healthy stuffed buttercup pumpkin (squash to you peeps I guess). It was about 800 cal worth (can't be bothered converting from kilojoules). It kicked my *kitten*. I'm going for a walk to get ice cream, much easier.

7l11vwpkxaa5.jpg

2y01b8g6kcxc.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, interesting . I know that if I eat a donut for breakfast, I crash and burn within an hour, and may even fall asleep if I am sitting down. If I have a banana (or just about any fruit) I am good for a few hours with no crashing. I guess the 100 calories are the same, but the way my body reacts to them are very different.

no guess, it is a fact..calories are measure of energy ..so 100 calories of donut and 100 calories of bananas are measures of the same energy ….thus, 100 calories of donuts = 100 calories of banana …

no one is arguing that they are nutritional twins
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    no one is arguing that they are nutritional twins

Why is this so difficult to comprehend, I wonder?

In any case, I would find a doughnut a terrible breakfast, but so's a banana, for me, or even a smoothie, which lots of people really like as breakfast, and certainly "bulletproof coffee" would be. I don't assume that my own reaction to foods applies universally to others or means that the calories (not the foods) are somehow different, however.

Both work fine for me in the correct context.
  • jtabiolo
    jtabiolo Posts: 50
    Options
    What weighs more 1000 lbs of gold or 1000lbs of silver? It's the same thing. The samething with calories. SMH. The gold might be worth more but still weighs the same.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jtabiolo wrote: »
    There is no such thing as clean eating!! Calorie is a calorie. Your body cannot tell a difference between a donut and a banana.

Yep it can!!!! and depending on how ripe your banana is, the energy your can effectively use post digestion will be different to a donut.

A calorie is a calorie - no argument there.

But all food is not created equally and your body knows this!

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

On that basis, I am probably going to die soon, since I had some naan last night, and I'm reasonably sure it contained flour. (I managed to exercise a lot so far today, but I imagine that's just a fluke and I actually feel terrible, unbeknownst to me.)

For the record, not celiac.

OMG, flour??? You mean that stuff we've been turning wheat into for at least 12000 years?? Our bodies can't possibly handle that!!

Yes, well aware that our modern flour is a hell of a lot more refined that the stuff the Natufians were nomming down on, but you try making flour with these suckers...

grinding-stones.jpg

Refined flour is ebil! It takes out all the essential stone particles that caused our ancestors to have ground up teeth.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    This is where being 'healthy' gets you. I managed to end up with a ton of calories left for dinner, so I made this lovely healthy stuffed buttercup pumpkin (squash to you peeps I guess). It was about 800 cal worth (can't be bothered converting from kilojoules). It kicked my *kitten*. I'm going for a walk to get ice cream, much easier.

7l11vwpkxaa5.jpg

2y01b8g6kcxc.jpg
    3hjy0ndtexru.jpg

• judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Man, I've been living outside of Canada for two years now. This thread has managed to give me a major craving for a Tim Horton honey cruller.

I guess I can make a banana more donut-like by frying a plantain in some butter and adding some sugar and cinnamon.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

7l11vwpkxaa5.jpg

2y01b8g6kcxc.jpg

I need that recipe, please.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I'm going to guess this has the same arguments as the last clean eating topic did, so I'm not going to read it.

What I really need to know is if there are any new gifs?

dodge-ball-donut-o.gif