30 by Labor Day

Options
Anyone else out there looking to lose 30ish by Labor Day? Labor Day is my 30th birthday, so I'm looking for others out there who are looking for support and motivation.

Replies

• poisonapple
    poisonapple Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Id I do!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE that!
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I've lost 15 so far and would love to hit the 30 mark by Labor Day. I shoot for about a pound a week so I think it is doable for me.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    count me in 2!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That would be great! Heck I'd be happy with 20! But I'd love to join the group to give and get support!
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    I am. It looks like we have the same goal weight, but I need 40 lbs to get there. But 30 lbs by Labor Day sounds good to me. Best wishes to everyone . We can do this!
  • sunnyskys
    sunnyskys Posts: 43
    Options
    Count me in I thnk I just might make it
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    are you talking 30 more from where we are by labor day or 30 total??? or does it really matter???

regardless i'd like to participate...let me know what i need to do...
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I am. It looks like we have the same goal weight, but I need 40 lbs to get there. But 30 lbs by Labor Day sounds good to me. Best wishes to everyone . We can do this!

My actual goal is 63, or something close to that. I know 30 is pushing it at just over 2 lbs/wk, but it's something to shoot for!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested :D
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    are you talking 30 more from where we are by labor day or 30 total??? or does it really matter???

regardless i'd like to participate...let me know what i need to do...

30 from where you are! It really doesn't matter. :)
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'll just be glad to break into the 150s by Labor Day. Currently stuck at 169. My loss has been moving at a snail's pace for months.:tongue: Can I join in even if I'm not expecting 30? :laugh:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I'll just be glad to break into the 150s by Labor Day. Currently stuck at 169. My loss has been moving at a snail's pace for months.:tongue: Can I join in even if I'm not expecting 30? :laugh:

Sure! The more motivation the better!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Just completed L1D5 of the 30 DS. I'm also doing the 200 Sit-Up Challenge. I've tried the C25K at least 3 times, but I've never made it past week 4. I always lose motivation (i.e. my running partner or the cold weather kicks in).

What does everyone else do for exercise?
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    What does everyone else do for exercise?

Well, You know I'm in the Shred group, but I also do cycling (huge fan of le Tour de France) and was working out with a friend who has been teaching me some martial arts and boxing. He also kicks my butt with circuit training.:laugh: We're taking a break from all that right now, but will hopefully start up again sometime over the summer.

For now, I mainly do cycling, anywhere between 75-100 miles a week. I'm setting a 1500 mile goal for July though (600 miles less than in le Tour and they do it all in 3 weeks AND over major mtn ranges :noway: ).

Go Lance!!! :love:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My workouts consist of Insanity right now... I was doing ChaLEAN Extreme but completed it and moved on to Insanity.. Man it's intense and I'm only into my second week - but I love it! I also run/jog/walk a lot and sometimes I fit in a few other exercise DVDs. My faves are anything by Jillian, Jari Love, and TaeBo is fun! :bigsmile:

I love working out! It's not my problem area by any means. But eating too much of the wrong foods is what I desperately need to work on. I love food too much! :sad:
  • LisaNa10
    LisaNa10 Posts: 14
    Options
    Count me in!
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    Count me in!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am doing ultimate frizbee twice a week and that seems to be helping. However, I'm still struggling for the other days of the week to get more exercise.
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am so in! If I hit 20 by labor day, I would be elated!