30 by Labor Day

Options

Replies

• NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Welcome Beck glad to have you join the challenge!!

So far we have the following starting weights:

my2loves04and06 - 223.4
    Maneyes - 175
    Blondie925 - 200.4
    Cnbethea - 162.6
    Porterbaby38 - 226.6
    smile121 - 265
    H_R_Wilson - 198.8 for now
    PoshTaush - 225.5
    Skywalker - 169
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options

my2loves04and06 - 223.4
    Maneyes - 175
    Blondie925 - 200.4
    Cnbethea - 162.6
    Porterbaby38 - 226.6
    smile121 - 265
    PoshTaush - 225.5
    Skywalker - 169

I weighed this morning and I am 196.6! WooHoo!!! :bigsmile:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    All the best guys...looks like you have a fantastic group here! I would love to give this ago! but not too sure when labour day is? lol
  • smile121
    smile121 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hahaha, That is ok, I always get Labor day and Memorial day confused. Labor day is September 6th.

Trace, that sounds like an awesome workout!

Last night I did a zumba class, and it was great. It is more like a zumba boot camp though because there are a ton of squats, lunges and free weights... kicked my butt! I did alright with my calories yesterday I still ate 2 cookies and an extra snack... I ate all of my excercise calories, which i normally don't like to do, just because I have such an issue with food and eating too much!! I need to train myself to eat less, lol. :laugh:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Denise - Bluiz13
    SW 6/12/10 219.6

goal to work out 5 times a week - 1 beach walk, 3 group power classes (strength training/cardio), 1 other day of cardio/weights with machines a the gym...
    drink 100+/- oz of water a day (12-14 cups or 6-7 16 oz bottles)
    stay under the calories given to me by MFP each day (not using exercise calories right now for the most part)

guess i should introduce myself in this post too huh???
    i'm a married working mom with 2 children (2.5-Emma & 5.5- Nick)....i have been heavy for as long as i can remember...i was the biggest girl in my group of friends growing up (well that is how i remember it anyway)...i was always self conscious but i honestly can not remember what my actual weight was in HS....i remember i was 145 at one point but that was after having my jaw wired shut for 10wks due to orthodontic surgery (i think i lost 30lbs during that time, so i guess i was like 175? in HS before and then after after the surgery) obviously when i was complete with my healing i gained the weight back...

the earliest other number i have to gauge against is 210 in april 2000. i had just met my husband and we jumped on the scale before we ran out to some street festival, i have no idea why we did that but i remember he was 208 at 6' and i was 210 at 5'3"....anyway settling into love and our new life together by may of 2001 i was 245 at my annual GYN appt on a friday afternoon...i went to WW the very next morning disgusted with my huge gain and started working on bettering myself...i got down to 214ish around november 2003 when we were married and i think i might have been lower than that in between...

2 kids later i reached my highest with my first pregnancy 263 and one year later on my son's birthday i was till 260, i joined jenny craig and got down to the low 200s but got preggers again with my daughter and hit 254 when she was born in september 2007...

in january 2008 i recommitted to MYSELF to get below 199 so that i could visit a plastic surgeon to discuss a tummy tuck (i'm done having kids and truly want the body that i deserve to have once i have done all the work that I can do)...i have readjusted my 199 goal from 12/31/08 to 12/31/09 to now when i get there....i have lost over 34lbs in the last 2 1/2 years and kept it off plus have kept losing...i will keep working towards this goal until i reach it and then i'm guessing i'll just keep going until i feel good where i'm at....

of course i'd love to be 140-145 which is the high end of my BMI healthy range but i'm not stressing about getting there....i just want to keep losing consistently and healthily....i want to keep working out, i want to get stronger, i want to eat better, i want to be healthier for my kids...i want to be a good example for my children and i dont want them to think that what/where i am right now is okay..my son says i have "chubby"...luckily that doesnt really hurt my feelings cause i do lol....i have been telling them for as long as i have been serious on this journey that mommy is working really hard to get healthy and if the chubby comes off yeah...but that i have to do this exercise so that i can be a better mom...

they need to stay active and fit and healthy and as their mom it is my job to show them a better lifestyle....i'm working on it folks....i'm gonna keep on trucking....i didnt gain this weight overnight and i'm not going to take it off overnight either....finally realizing this is a process that is just setting me up for the rest of my long and healthy life....

i think we are all ramblers LOL...how can you tell "your" story without seeming to ramble??? LOL
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I got my work out in for the day.. I did the Insanity fit test (which is a workout in itself!) and got on the treadmill. I love walking outside, but it's been so hot and humid here the past few days.

Also, I've got some good news. This morning I work up with super-determination. I'm always WANTING to do better, but sometimes I just don't have the get-up-and-do-it that it requires. But I am going to do my best to eat healthy and make-over my diet. I know with all the working out I do I should be able to lose some serious weight combining it with healthy eating!

I'm tired of wasting my time, I'm tired of not being happy with the way I look and I'm not making excuses to eat so much junk anymore! I hate when I set goals for myself and always fall short because I'm too intimidated. Well, not this time. I decided I'm not making number goals for myself by a certain date because they just make it seem impossible to reach those goals if I slip up (which I'm known to do a lot lol). So I'm just going to go into this giving my all and trying my best, but not beat myself up when I slip. That's just a part of it.

I just wanted to get that out there.. Hope you guys are having a great day!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    All the best guys...looks like you have a fantastic group here! I would love to give this ago! but not too sure when labour day is? lol
    You have 12 weeks before Labor day and we would love to have you for this week we are just getting to know each other and posting our starting weight so jump on in!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I got my work out in for the day.. I did the Insanity fit test (which is a workout in itself!) and got on the treadmill. I love walking outside, but it's been so hot and humid here the past few days.

Also, I've got some good news. This morning I work up with super-determination. I'm always WANTING to do better, but sometimes I just don't have the get-up-and-do-it that it requires. But I am going to do my best to eat healthy and make-over my diet. I know with all the working out I do I should be able to lose some serious weight combining it with healthy eating!

I'm tired of wasting my time, I'm tired of not being happy with the way I look and I'm not making excuses to eat so much junk anymore! I hate when I set goals for myself and always fall short because I'm too intimidated. Well, not this time. I decided I'm not making number goals for myself by a certain date because they just make it seem impossible to reach those goals if I slip up (which I'm known to do a lot lol). So I'm just going to go into this giving my all and trying my best, but not beat myself up when I slip. That's just a part of it.

Great job getting your work out in!!! That's what make being apart of the group so great because if you fall off we can help boost each other back up because we all have goals and dreams that we want to achieve or else we wouldn't be here so whenever you need an extra push or just need to vent just remember we are here and you can do this!! We all deserve the happiness that's hidden inside!! So each day find the things you did great and brag on those things the little things will lead to the bigger things!!

I took this from someones signature and posted it on my mirror....."If you focus on results you will never change, but if you focus on change you will see results!!!" So start making small changes it will lead too great results!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options

my2loves04and06 - 223.4
    Maneyes - 175
    Blondie925 - 200.4
    Cnbethea - 162.6
    Porterbaby38 - 226.6
    smile121 - 265
    PoshTaush - 225.5
    Skywalker - 169

I weighed this morning and I am 196.6! WooHoo!!! :bigsmile:

Woooooohoooooo great job!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Welcome Denise glad to have you!!

my2loves04and06 - 223.4
    Maneyes - 175
    Blondie925 - 200.4
    Cnbethea - 162.6
    Porterbaby38 - 226.6
    smile121 - 265
    H_R_Wilson - 196.6
    PoshTaush - 225.5
    Skywalker - 169
    bluiz13 - 219.6
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    What are your ULTIMATE goals once you reach a healthier you?

For me, I want to run a 5K. No sweat to some (or many?) of you, but I abslolutely hate running. Not the running itself, but the feeling out of breath, hurting knees, etc. And my other goal, I want to wear a bikini and be able to like the way I look while wear it in pictures. Not a takini, a bikini. Just once. I've never ever been able to wear one. It's a silly stupid thing, but it's me.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options

For me, I want to run a 5K. No sweat to some (or many?) of you, but I abslolutely hate running. Not the running itself, but the feeling out of breath, hurting knees, etc. And my other goal, I want to wear a bikini and be able to like the way I look while wear it in pictures. Not a takini, a bikini. Just once. I've never ever been able to wear one. It's a silly stupid thing, but it's me.

Wow Those are great goals as they are both two of my owns:happy: I know exactl what you mean about running a 5K I just ran my first one on June 5th and I was so excited to cross the finish line and know that I had jogged the whole thing without stopping my hubby didn't even think I would do it that just made it even more exilerating for me!!

The C25K program is a great program to get you ready for a 5k!!

Good luck with your awesome goals!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    My ultimate goals are:

I want to weigh 135!
    I want to wear a bikini and feel good in it!
    I want to wear the size 6 clothes in my closet!
    and I want to feel good everytime I leave the house!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    The C25K program is a great program to get you ready for a 5k!!

I've started the C25K three times and always had to stop because of weather. I've always started in late August, but I could only run at night when my husband was home with the kids. Once it was getting cold at night, it hurt to breathe so I would just quit. In the summer it's really humit and hot here. If it's not one excuse, it's another. :ohwell: It is a great program though! I esp love the podcasts so I don't have to clock watch!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    please share info about the C25K program/podcasts...
    i did the disney 1/2 marathon with run/walk intervals but would love to get my running alone up...
    i have other programs but am curious about this one as i've seen it discussed sooo many times with great results...
    thanks in advance for the info...
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    please share info about the C25K program/podcasts...

Here's the C25K program: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

These are the podcasts I used: http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page6/page6.html

Basically the podcasts have voice cues that tell you when to run and when to talk. This way you don't have to watch the clock and try and time yourself. You can just concentrate on running/breathing/etc.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would love to loose 30 lb. by Labor Day.
  • smile121
    Options

IT sounds like you are describing me here, Lisa. I am with you on this one! I am so tired of falling short of my goals as well, it is frustrating and just sets me back even further than i was before! This journey is so tough, probably one of the toughest things I have had to do so far... I am glad that there are others that can relate!!
  • smile121
    Options

my ultimate goals are to start running, not even a 5k, just to be able to run for more than 5 minutes without wanting to die! lol
    I want to shop in regular stores again, no plus sizes!!! I want to wear cute tank tops and shorts... These legs have not been seen in a while!
    I just want to feel comfortable in my skin again, I want to feel confident and happy. Is that too much to ask...hahahaha
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

IT sounds like you are describing me here, Lisa. I am with you on this one! I am so tired of falling short of my goals as well, it is frustrating and just sets me back even further than i was before! This journey is so tough, probably one of the toughest things I have had to do so far... I am glad that there are others that can relate!!

Yes it helps so much to find others who relate! There are no actual people in my life who are trying to lose weight and eat healthy (not actively anyway) so it's great to come on here and I always get so much support! We will get it this time though! :happy: