30 by Labor Day

Options

Replies

• HaleyAlexandra
    Options
    Is it too late to join?? I would love to lose 30 pounds by labor day,,, I am going off to school at the end of August and would love to feel more comfortable with myself!

SW: 205
    CW: 196
    GW: 160

:) Haley
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    It's never too late to join. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Today is going great I am totally back on track today!!!

That's great! So far so good for me as well. :happy:

30lbs here we come Woot Woot!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Today was a better day. Got in my 20 mins of the 30 DS and was under my cal goal by 158...4 over on carbs, though. Sadly, I <3 carbs.

One more thing...is it possible to already be noticing a change after less than 2 weeks of eating right and working out? My face looks a little slimmer to me. I don't notice seeing the slight double chin that I used to have. Not that I'm complaining!
  • smile121
    smile121 Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow I don't know why I self sabotage myself I have a great week and weigh then go and blow it are you serious whew I failed at my plan of keeping the rest of the week clean let me try this one more time Wed-Sun will be good that's a promise to myself I deserve better than this!! This was why I was scared to weigh and look because I get happy and think I am suppose to celebrate with food!!

Time for a new thought process!!

I feel the same way!! I actually went months without weighing myself for this reason exactly!!! Just pick yourself up and try again!!
  • smile121
    Options
    Today was a better day. Got in my 20 mins of the 30 DS and was under my cal goal by 158...4 over on carbs, though. Sadly, I <3 carbs.

One more thing...is it possible to already be noticing a change after less than 2 weeks of eating right and working out? My face looks a little slimmer to me. I don't notice seeing the slight double chin that I used to have. Not that I'm complaining!

that is awesome!!! I think it is pretty normal to see a change that quick. If you are drastically changing your lifestyle. Plus you always lose weight in your face and hands first... so that is a good sign!!!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Off to the zoo today with my 2 kids plus my 2 nieces. It's going to be a great day (sunny, 88)! Hoping to use my phone app to track how many miles we walk and my total moving time. Curious to see what kind of calories I'll burn today since we go to the zoo a lot (membership).

Have a great pre-Friday!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Off to the zoo today with my 2 kids plus my 2 nieces. It's going to be a great day (sunny, 88)! Hoping to use my phone app to track how many miles we walk and my total moving time. Curious to see what kind of calories I'll burn today since we go to the zoo a lot (membership).

Have a great pre-Friday!

Have fun at the zoo I bet your going to burn a lot of calories with all of the walking!!

And yes you can notice change in a two week period so congrats to you keeo it going!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Welcome HaleyAlexandra!!

Update on weights!!

my2loves04and06 - 223.4
    Maneyes - 175
    Blondie925 - 200.4
    Cnbethea - 162.6
    Porterbaby38 - 226.6
    smile121 - 265
    H_R_Wilson - 198.8 for now
    PoshTaush - 225.5
    Skywalker - 169
    fast72 - 179.6
    haleyalexandra - 196
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I am apart of a couple different challenges right now and they really help to keep me focused!! I just think we need to appreciate all the hard work we put in even on the weeks when we don't lose you can still see the positive it doesn't only depend on the scale!!

I'm saying that because I keep seeing "I only" I only lost, I only worked out, I only did and believe me I am guilty of it also but I think we all are worth much more than only because if you worked out 1 day this week it is more than none If you lost an ounce it's more than none and we have to start appreciating the little things they add up to the great things in life......."Rome wasn't built in a day" and we didn't gain weight overnight so enjoy the process and acknowledge all the great things while on the journey big or small!!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am apart of a couple different challenges right now and they really help to keep me focused!! I just think we need to appreciate all the hard work we put in even on the weeks when we don't lose you can still see the positive it doesn't only depend on the scale!!

I'm saying that because I keep seeing "I only" I only lost, I only worked out, I only did and believe me I am guilty of it also but I think we all are worth much more than only because if you worked out 1 day this week it is more than none If you lost an ounce it's more than none and we have to start appreciating the little things they add up to the great things in life......."Rome wasn't built in a day" and we didn't gain weight overnight so enjoy the process and acknowledge all the great things while on the journey big or small!!

Have a great day everyone!!

You are so right! Thanks for pointing this out!
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Yesterday I went over by 184 calories.. but that's okay because I did a lot of walking and a little bit of swimming that I didn't log. Surely all of it amounted to 184 calories!

I'm going to go work out here soon. Insanity pure cardio + cardio abs here I come! lol
  • smile121
    Options
    I on the other hand am in my cubicle all day today. Luckily it is cloudy in Boston.

Today is a good day so far... I did eat one chocolate covered strawberry, but I resisted the doughnuts that someone brought in. Tonight I will go to the gym, to work off that strawberry...lol I am a little nervous about the weekend though. I have a tendancy to do really well during the week and then let it all go to crap on the weekends! Luckily this weekend I am doing a "spinathon" it is 2 hours of spinning and resistance bands... hopefully that will keep me on track. My goal this weekend is to prepare my own food! Eating at restaurants always kills me, and I want to stop eating at 8pm, that plays a huge role in my losing weight. Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Yeah! I think today will be a great food day. So far I have over 1000 calories left and my appetite has been under control. I've been busy today though.. I like busy days because they keep my mind off eating.

How is everyone doing?
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

Well said. :drinker:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Yeah! I think today will be a great food day. So far I have over 1000 calories left and my appetite has been under control. I've been busy today though.. I like busy days because they keep my mind off eating.

How is everyone doing?
    Great job, Blondie!! :drinker: I still have a bike ride and 30 Day Shred to do. After that I will be under my calorie goal for the day. :happy:
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Thanks skywalker!

Today was officially a success. I still have over 200 calories left! Enough to make up for yesterday. :smile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Today was a overall good day a lil over on carbs but everything else went well!!

Hope everyone have a great night!!

If the weekends are normally the hardest for you try making a game plan to help you through it and stick to it!! Remeber you deserve it!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    What a long day! It wasn't the walking at the zoo or even the crazy packs of people there, but my kids sure did try my patience today.

I totally, by far, underestimated what I'd burn by walking. I packed lunch/snacks that were very similar to what I eat on a normal daily basis. I only had a RB sandwich at Arby's before dropping my nieces off back at their houses because I was afraid the Edy's Rainbow Sherbert cone I had today was going to send me way over my cal goal. WRONG. I burned 844 calories walking for 200 mins (3 hrs 20 mins)!! We were at the zoo for 5 hrs, but I figured with all the little stops, lunch, etc, this was about how much time we spent actually walking. I had to throw in extra food when I got home tonight because I had 745 calories left to eat once entering my exercise!!

Hope this doesn't sound like a brag, because I'm not meaning it to. I just can't believe how much you burn just by walking. In my head, I thought maybe 300 calories. I was a bit panicky when I saw how many cals I had leftover! Needless to say, I will not be Shredding tonight.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    What a long day! It wasn't the walking at the zoo or even the crazy packs of people there, but my kids sure did try my patience today.

I totally, by far, underestimated what I'd burn by walking. I packed lunch/snacks that were very similar to what I eat on a normal daily basis. I only had a RB sandwich at Arby's before dropping my nieces off back at their houses because I was afraid the Edy's Rainbow Sherbert cone I had today was going to send me way over my cal goal. WRONG. I burned 844 calories walking for 200 mins (3 hrs 20 mins)!! We were at the zoo for 5 hrs, but I figured with all the little stops, lunch, etc, this was about how much time we spent actually walking. I had to throw in extra food when I got home tonight because I had 745 calories left to eat once entering my exercise!!

Hope this doesn't sound like a brag, because I'm not meaning it to. I just can't believe how much you burn just by walking. In my head, I thought maybe 300 calories. I was a bit panicky when I saw how many cals I had leftover! Needless to say, I will not be Shredding tonight.

Awesome calorie burn and I am glad that you got a chance to see how effective walking can be!!!