Bread

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    So my trainer recommended cutting bread outta my diet... I was just curious if this also would Include gluten free aswell.. Lol.. Having a hard time with bread so I wa just curious if there both considered the same...

You should probably ask your trainer if they meant every single kind of bread on the planet or not.

I don't think the advice to cut out bread is necessary at all for weight loss a person can live a perfectly fine and healthy life not eating any bread so it is up to you.
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I decided to give up bread i ate it daily because i thought it the only thing i could use instead of rice and stiff pap as it all was high in calories , i nealy died of constipation #sevier
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bread is the devil. I gave up bread, because I love it so much. I now eat salads instead of sandwiches. No more toast with Nutella.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Bread is the devil. I gave up bread, because I love it so much. I now eat salads instead of sandwiches. No more toast with Nutella.

9fe2df18-ed36-44fe-a2c4-b598b6b662a3.gif

Seriously, that sounds depressing as hell.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Bread is a refined sugar which isn't natural... Your body actually goes threw withdrew when you cut out sugar and bread

Bread is not a refined sugar. Bread is made from wheat and is as natural as anything you can eat.

As for eliminating gluten, you would have to eliminate most grain from your diet. Even stuff like oats has gluten in it. Personally, I would get tired of eating rice all the time.

I have gluten free kids and a husband for allergy reasons, don't eat a lot of rice either. Was just an ignorant comment. And that wheat bread is not as "natural" as you believe.

sand is natural, guess I should choose that over a GF muffin, amirite?

They might taste the same...

Ive had some bad GF baked goods but i make a wicked good Gf banana bread. My coworkers couldnt tell

Nope, they taste delicious. Udi's, Kinnikinnick, and a few other generic brands make some delicious GF baked goods.

I was kidding
    Since GF is trendy there are a lot more options out there for Celiacs to choose from and ive been told the taste has improved.
    I havent bought any massed produced GF treat as I can eat gluten but I've baked some and did get a delicious treat from a local bakery in CT.

But thanks for the reminder, maybe what I'll bake tomorrow will be GF to use up my supplies! =]

Oh wasn't sure, lots of people here bag on the GF pre-made stuff haha.

Idk if the taste has improved in general or if it's just that there are better brands coming out, or both.. I have had some breads that tasted SO BAD,like... sour. And soo dense. Now they ar emuch more airy, still denser of course but not sour. Might be certain brands though, but I'm glad it actually tastes good (been GF 5 years, so maybe it's improved in that time?)

I'm about to bake myself a GF protein banana bread, aaah two beautiful things coming together.
    Want that bread. Please send some to me!

From celiacs I know, I know some of the GF stuff out there blows.

Ooo btw, found a recipe for GF baked pumpkin donuts. So those are gonna happen since I have pumpkin to use too lol
    link duh

This is where I get a bunch of my gluten free recipes
    http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2012/10/gluten-free-pumpkin-donuts.html?m=1

I might add some chocolate chips... pulse in my food processor briefly...
    awesome thanks! Had no chocolate chips for the banana bread muffins :(
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options

If you're married with kids, better give up your husband and children amirite?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Bread is a refined sugar which isn't natural... Your body actually goes threw withdrew when you cut out sugar and bread

Bread is not a refined sugar. Bread is made from wheat and is as natural as anything you can eat.

As for eliminating gluten, you would have to eliminate most grain from your diet. Even stuff like oats has gluten in it. Personally, I would get tired of eating rice all the time.

I have gluten free kids and a husband for allergy reasons, don't eat a lot of rice either. Was just an ignorant comment. And that wheat bread is not as "natural" as you believe.

mdgi8yy1udh4.jpg

After all this talk of bread, I had to have some. This bread is pretty natural. Six cups of wheat flour, a little yeast, a couple of teaspoons of honey, some salt, two eggs and a little butter. I don't know how you get any more natural than that.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I just love my bread(s) but I have cut them down a lot to get rid of the belly (does not make any different I if heavier or thin). If I have it, I eat whole wheat bread and have for many years. I much prefer whole wheat than white, it gives that chewy thing and doesn't stick to my teeth like white LOL. In all, I eat anything I want as long as it fits into my calories and macros. Enjoy life, it is way too short (I KNOW).
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what are the benefits of cutting out bread??

i knead to know.

:D
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Not all breads are created equal. The basic ingredients in bread are flour, water, salt and yeast. If the flour is whole grain flour, bread can be a good source of fiber. Mass-produced, fluffy, white sandwich bread is often made with added sugars and the white flour has had it's bran, and much of its fiber, stripped out. "Dough conditioners" with complex chemical names are used to enhance fluffiness and shelf life. Yuck!

Today, I will make a loaf of bread. Its ingredients will be a mixture of flours, water, salt, and yeast. That's it. I may add a little oatmeal or rye flakes to up the fiber content even further. Add time and heat and you have bread. Voila.

For your first bread-making experiment, try "no-knead" bread. There are lots of recipes out there.

Some REALLY No-Knead breads :) I love my bread machine as well (I make great bread, not boasting).
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add apart from a picture of my bread.

1o4jj4rr6y8a.jpg
  • cunnaner
    cunnaner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat bead because of the high calorie density. I could eat a whole loaf and still be hungry. Not to mention I would want to load it with butter too.

Spot on. Also depends if you are trying to go low gi, since breads are high on the glycemic index.

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    But I have to add the whole idea sounds half-baked.

giphy.gif
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

sand is natural, guess I should choose that over a GF muffin, amirite?

They might taste the same...

Ive had some bad GF baked goods but i make a wicked good Gf banana bread. My coworkers couldnt tell

Nope, they taste delicious. Udi's, Kinnikinnick, and a few other generic brands make some delicious GF baked goods.

I was kidding
    Since GF is trendy there are a lot more options out there for Celiacs to choose from and ive been told the taste has improved.
    I havent bought any massed produced GF treat as I can eat gluten but I've baked some and did get a delicious treat from a local bakery in CT.

But thanks for the reminder, maybe what I'll bake tomorrow will be GF to use up my supplies! =]

Oh wasn't sure, lots of people here bag on the GF pre-made stuff haha.

Idk if the taste has improved in general or if it's just that there are better brands coming out, or both.. I have had some breads that tasted SO BAD,like... sour. And soo dense. Now they ar emuch more airy, still denser of course but not sour. Might be certain brands though, but I'm glad it actually tastes good (been GF 5 years, so maybe it's improved in that time?)

I'm about to bake myself a GF protein banana bread, aaah two beautiful things coming together.

Blargh, I don't like Udi's or really any other brand I've tried. So I make my own stuff...tastes fresh and yummy. Then again, I have the time to do that. Not everybody does.

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the rest of this thread, so I'm not sure if OP has already abandoned thread or not... but....

gluten is a protein. Your question is asking if you should eat a food made of carbs/sugar, and if removing the protein would somehow make it better for you. Let that sink in.

But i have no idea what your diet needs are and if you're working with this person then I think you should direct all questions to them.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

1o4jj4rr6y8a.jpg

Hot dang. So, you're inviting me over for lunch, right?
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

1o4jj4rr6y8a.jpg

I'll trade you some home made apple butter for some bread.