Tips for eating out?

Options

Replies

• rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I could use tips on...oh wait...uh never mind.

*backs out slowly with red face*
  • Bugdude54
    Bugdude54 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just order what you want. Its a first date. There's more important things going on you should focus on. Remeber, eating better is a lifestyle change. Not a which wham-bam-n-done.

1 meal is not going to ruin you, plus if he's interested you already at your current figure then body wise you're already in the clear.

Relax and have a good time
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    M2M, I guess you do not watch movies, or maybe I aged myself.....lol.

There were multiple people that I could have been referring to. But thanks for letting me know..... :)

Have you ever been to a Turkish Prison? Do you like movies about gladiators?????

You ever seen a grown man naked?
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Roger Roger!!!!! And always hold the mayo.....
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    I picked the wrong week to stop eating chicken fried steak, fries, mashers and cream gravy.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Roger Roger!!!!! And always hold the mayo.....

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue! What's our vector, Victor?
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Go back to sleep M2M. LOL!!!!! Let us know the next time you take a trip and get flight reservations.....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I have a date tomorrow and he is taking me out to eat. I don't know where we are going but restaurants tend to cook things in unhealthy vegetables oils or put sugar in everything. I plan on getting whatever dish has the most meat and veggies, but how do I keep them from sneaking sugar or unhealthy fats into stuff? Do I lie and say I have allergies? If I tell them I am type 1 diabetic, will they cater to my requests? Is it something I should not even think about on a first date as it may come across as weird and obsessive? Can I make requests for them to use butter or olive oil instead of vegetable oil or canola oil? How do I avoid ingredients I don't want?
    Split the entree with your date. Saves money and calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• donjtomasco
    Options
    wow..........Shirley, out!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    edack72 wrote: »
    One meal doesn't make you fat go out and enjoy yourself , keep up your water intake and exercise that day don't worry about it

I did exercise a lot and I also drank a lot of water. My meal wasn't the healthiest option but I kept an eye on my BG and it did fine. I hardly needed any insulin that day and I never once needed to touch the juice in my purse. It was a good day.

Type 1 and hardly needed insulin? I are confused.

I think it's that other type of diabetes. The one we've never heard about.
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I have a date tomorrow and he is taking me out to eat. I don't know where we are going but restaurants tend to cook things in unhealthy vegetables oils or put sugar in everything. I plan on getting whatever dish has the most meat and veggies, but how do I keep them from sneaking sugar or unhealthy fats into stuff? Do I lie and say I have allergies? If I tell them I am type 1 diabetic, will they cater to my requests? Is it something I should not even think about on a first date as it may come across as weird and obsessive? Can I make requests for them to use butter or olive oil instead of vegetable oil or canola oil? How do I avoid ingredients I don't want?

Corinna, from your original post. See the bolded part. In one breath you are suggesting you should lie about food allergies in order to get what you want, in the second you mention having type 1 diabetes. I don't know about others but when I first read this I assumed you were suggesting you didn't have diabetes but that you wanted to play a card to get what you wanted.

I know virtually nothing about Type 1 diabetes so I have no idea if the things you've claimed since are true or not, but when you start a post off saying you want to lie in order to get what you want, it doesn't give you a lot credibility for the subsequent discussion.

I never said I wanted to lie? I was asking if this would be a good means to avoiding certain ingredients since I can pretty much guess that if I just say I am dieting, they won't care are throw it in anyway. And I asked. I didn't say I would.

What? How is you saying "should I lie and say I have food allergies" not implying that you wanted to lie?

You come in here originally WAY obsessed with things like hidden calories in restaurant foods, people tell you that it's just one day, make room for it and enjoy your date . Then you start in on the "a calorie isn't just a calorie" debate, and when people tell you that for weight loss that is all that matters, you say yeah but I actually am a diabetic. Then you go on your date and what you end up ordering is so far at the other extreme it again seems to invalidate your previous obsessions and your medical condition. When people challenge that choice for someone managing diabetes, you start lashing out calling everyone trolls and telling them they don't know what they are talking about.

A hallmark of a troll is someone who posts in order to incite drama. Someone who is inconsistent in order to get people riled up. I've actually only seen one person in this thread who is inconsistent and dramatic.

My original post had nothing to do with calories. Calories only came up because people told me calorie deficits were the only thing that mattered. When I ordered the meal that was probably loaded with things I didn't want (between the buns and the fries) I had taken into consideration what you guys said about one meal not hurting because being too health conscious on a first date would be weird and how I would still lose weight even if I ate crap food. I also had justified the food choice to myself by saying it was the only thing I ate that day anyway so the deficit was still there. I asked if lying was okay because I remember one girl telling me that she would do that to avoid dairy in her meals and was wondering if I could say the same to make sure they didn't add sugar to my meals. If I was just going to do it, I wouldn't have asked first. Everything else (drama) resulted from peoe getting on their soap boxes feeling the need to preach and suddenly I got stuck having to defend all my actions. No one here even bothered to consider that everyone is different and maybe for some of us, we find success in short periods of fasting or some of us are conscience about all the ingredients that are in our foods at home (I learned the hard way, thatentality is hard to carry over into a restaurant. Especially when the menu has no info on anything it serves and the guy in front of you is so awesome that health isn't worth looking weird over). You say I am the only dramatic one here but in all reality, I am only responding to what others are saying.

The drama started with your first post asking if you should lie and continued in the 9th post of this thread when you went off on the all calories are not the same tangent followed by eat nothing but candy or McDonalds reductio ad absurdum comments. You then managed to top that with the claim that high blood glucose eats your body away and that was why people lost weight.

Quite simply the drama was, and continues to be, all your doing. The name calling ... from you. The poorly chosen eating patterns ... you again. You respond to fact based comments with drama.

B)

Hahahahahaha! Where can I find a CME on this mythical diabetes?
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options

I would think meat and veg is the safest, you can guess at the size of a potato. But, 1 "treat" meal won't mess up your plan. Just use your best "guestimation", I would think. But if that's too much, invite him to your home and cook for him. Then you have control over what your eating. Otherwise, just enjoy and get back on track the next day. Sounds like a great catch! Have a wonderful date :smiley:

• uvi5
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »

I would think meat and veg is the safest, you can guess at the size of a potato. But, 1 "treat" meal won't mess up your plan. Just use your best "guestimation", I would think. But if that's too much, invite him to your home and cook for him. Then you have control over what your eating. Otherwise, just enjoy and get back on track the next day. Sounds like a great catch! Have a wonderful date :smiley:

Oh as for knowing all the nutrient values in a restaurant meal, wow, that would be tough. Let yourself have 1 day off and enjoy your cool guy with no stress.

• uvi5
    Options

Oh as for knowing all the nutrient values in a restaurant meal, wow, that would be tough. Let yourself have 1 day off and enjoy your cool guy with no stress.

I just read back... no potato for you.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    edack72 wrote: »
    One meal doesn't make you fat go out and enjoy yourself , keep up your water intake and exercise that day don't worry about it

I did exercise a lot and I also drank a lot of water. My meal wasn't the healthiest option but I kept an eye on my BG and it did fine. I hardly needed any insulin that day and I never once needed to touch the juice in my purse. It was a good day.

Type 1 and hardly needed insulin? I are confused.

I think it's that other type of diabetes. The one we've never heard about.

Corinna, from your original post. See the bolded part. In one breath you are suggesting you should lie about food allergies in order to get what you want, in the second you mention having type 1 diabetes. I don't know about others but when I first read this I assumed you were suggesting you didn't have diabetes but that you wanted to play a card to get what you wanted.

I know virtually nothing about Type 1 diabetes so I have no idea if the things you've claimed since are true or not, but when you start a post off saying you want to lie in order to get what you want, it doesn't give you a lot credibility for the subsequent discussion.

I never said I wanted to lie? I was asking if this would be a good means to avoiding certain ingredients since I can pretty much guess that if I just say I am dieting, they won't care are throw it in anyway. And I asked. I didn't say I would.

What? How is you saying "should I lie and say I have food allergies" not implying that you wanted to lie?

You come in here originally WAY obsessed with things like hidden calories in restaurant foods, people tell you that it's just one day, make room for it and enjoy your date . Then you start in on the "a calorie isn't just a calorie" debate, and when people tell you that for weight loss that is all that matters, you say yeah but I actually am a diabetic. Then you go on your date and what you end up ordering is so far at the other extreme it again seems to invalidate your previous obsessions and your medical condition. When people challenge that choice for someone managing diabetes, you start lashing out calling everyone trolls and telling them they don't know what they are talking about.

A hallmark of a troll is someone who posts in order to incite drama. Someone who is inconsistent in order to get people riled up. I've actually only seen one person in this thread who is inconsistent and dramatic.

My original post had nothing to do with calories. Calories only came up because people told me calorie deficits were the only thing that mattered. When I ordered the meal that was probably loaded with things I didn't want (between the buns and the fries) I had taken into consideration what you guys said about one meal not hurting because being too health conscious on a first date would be weird and how I would still lose weight even if I ate crap food. I also had justified the food choice to myself by saying it was the only thing I ate that day anyway so the deficit was still there. I asked if lying was okay because I remember one girl telling me that she would do that to avoid dairy in her meals and was wondering if I could say the same to make sure they didn't add sugar to my meals. If I was just going to do it, I wouldn't have asked first. Everything else (drama) resulted from peoe getting on their soap boxes feeling the need to preach and suddenly I got stuck having to defend all my actions. No one here even bothered to consider that everyone is different and maybe for some of us, we find success in short periods of fasting or some of us are conscience about all the ingredients that are in our foods at home (I learned the hard way, thatentality is hard to carry over into a restaurant. Especially when the menu has no info on anything it serves and the guy in front of you is so awesome that health isn't worth looking weird over). You say I am the only dramatic one here but in all reality, I am only responding to what others are saying.

The drama started with your first post asking if you should lie and continued in the 9th post of this thread when you went off on the all calories are not the same tangent followed by eat nothing but candy or McDonalds reductio ad absurdum comments. You then managed to top that with the claim that high blood glucose eats your body away and that was why people lost weight.

Quite simply the drama was, and continues to be, all your doing. The name calling ... from you. The poorly chosen eating patterns ... you again. You respond to fact based comments with drama.

B)

Hahahahahaha! Where can I find a CME on this mythical diabetes?

I'm not sure but I did 42 hours of CME's these past few days with included the "regular diabetes CME". And as with all the other subjects, no reading through 2 hours of lectures for me, straight to the exams. So weird how I can do that without knowing anything about Diabetes, according to the OP.

Must be a super human power or you cheated :wink: . Maybe we can request a cme on this type of diabetes along with the jugular vein manual test in another thread.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Go back to sleep M2M. LOL!!!!! Let us know the next time you take a trip and get flight reservations.....

Smoking or non?