Rather childish MrM. My diary is open.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Sure MrM. That is what I said.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Yes maid, people added the water weight part after my points were clearly made and my personal lunch study was set to begin. You fail to acknowledge what was said before this. I think you wear rose colored glasses.....

SLLrunner on page 2 asked you if you think bread is going to make you gain fat or water weight. I think you're thinking wrong.

Indeed I did.

Don, the part I don't think you understand is that not all weight is created equal.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    No Runner, I clearly do understand. And when you yourself take things out of context to hear what you want to hear or to make an unrelated self serving point, this is the result.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    Bambi can enter whenever she likes. You don't like it because she thinks you're wrong, too. You're not just a little wrong, you're epic levels of crazy wrong. You gained water weight. If you lost real weight in the past week, that meal did not wipe it out, it's just being masked by water weight. They're two different things and it doesn't matter how much you ignore that fact. Facts don't cease being facts just because you don't believe them.

I'm confused, what is "real weight" ? Isn't weight the number shown on the scale, if that number went up wouldn't that indicate his weight increased?
    +++++++(what barber said)......careful barber, you ate about to get attacked.....

Barber,

These things make the numbers on the scale go up:
    1. Water retention- this is a natural fluctuation and generally disappears within a few days.
    2. Fat gains- you are eating an excess of food, therefore you gain weight. You get bigger with this.
    3. Muscle gains- you are eating an excess of food but you eat it because you do a progressive weight lifting program. If you're a guy, you generally get bigger, but if you're a girl you generally get smaller.

Other than this, weight fluctuations are normal, as weight loss is not linear.

Personally, I think the only thing that slows down weight loss is eating too much food in general.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Well all, i decided to do a two day experiment, yesterday i had 4 dinner rolls and a sandwich with wheat bread and subway the day before for lunch and a hamburger. Two days ago i was 178 and today was 175. So apparently, bread turbo charges my metabolism. Oh and btw i pretty much have a p28 protein bagel with peanut butter daily.

That's it, I'm having six pieces of French toast in the morning! :dizzy::smiley:
  • SLLRunner
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No Runner, I clearly do understand. And when you yourself take things out of context to hear what you want to hear or to make an unrelated self serving point, this is the result.

Mmmm.....nice try. ;)

I took nothing out of context.

No, you clearly do not understand that water fluctuation is normal and is not a slow down in weight loss. Eating an excess is what causes weight loss to slow down. :)
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    MrM, try playing and toying with others. Your bait shows the shiny hook you wrapped it around.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Yes Runner, well done. You finally repeated my original very simple point. That took a painfully long time for you to get there, but well done finally.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    And French toast sounds good for breakfast tomorrow, with oatmeal and turkey bacon. And coffee. My wrap for lunch today was tasty. Slowly working my way back.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Yes Runner, well done. You finally repeated my original very simple point. That took a painfully long time for you to get there, but well done finally.

Nice try, again remember it's all recorded here. Your original point was:
    Not fat gain. A slow down in weight loss. I guess an effect on metabolism. But I am just guessing.

A+ for effort, though.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    But maid, it does no good if you are selective in what you pull out to quote me on, and out of sequence. But, keep working on it. I actually made it quite simpler then you are trying to complicate this.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

This
    These things make the numbers on the scale go up:
    Water retention- this is a natural fluctuation and generally disappears within a few days.
    Fat gains- you are eating an excess of food, therefore you gain weight. You get bigger with this.
    Muscle gains- you are eating an excess of food but you eat it because you do a progressive weight lifting program. If you're a guy, you generally get bigger, but if you're a girl you generally get smaller.

Other than this, weight fluctuations are normal, as weight loss is not linear.

Personally, I think the only thing that slows down weight loss is eating too much food in general

or this?
    Mmmm.....nice try. ;)

I took nothing out of context.

No, you clearly do not understand that water fluctuation is normal and is not a slow down in weight loss. Eating an excess is what causes weight loss to slow down. :)

Because, really, you have been arguing against these very things.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Okay Runner. If you think so.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    MrM, go try and bait and hook others. Not happening here. Just dieting, trying to learn more and get healthier and stronger for myself. :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    In no way am I an expert, quite the opposite. That said, I have eliminated bread and white rice completely. I adhere to the eat less then you burn concept, but for me the lack of gluten and decrease in sugar (bread) and the related insulin impacting effects make sense to me. I am having success with this method.

The method you are using is cico and eliminating carbs has zero point zero percent to do with it

The fear that strikes in people when they think of insulin. But they don't know what foods really impact insulin and to what level. It's just insulin = devil. I am not talking about diabetics.

Ohhhhhh noooooooooooooo the insulins!!!!!

Laugh it up fur ball. :) Seriously though, for me cico is not the end all be all. It's the foundation and yeah, it has to be followed. But, our bodies are pretty awesome machines and like a machine, the better fuel and fluids we give it, the better it will run. I only have so many calories a day, so I want to spend them on nutritious food as much as possible. I think bread takes up a lot of empty calories. Each to their own though. I see many people saying they eat bread and have awesome success.

As to the "evil" insulin, my understanding is sugar and those foods that break down quickly into sugar like refined wheat, increase insulin levels in the blood stream leading ultimately to the increased storage of fat. Again, I'm just starting to learn this stuff, so please correct me if I am wrong. I'm more interested in learning truth than being right. I try to get my info from science based sources like khan academy.

And I didn't say carbs were bad.

If you're going to quote Star Wars please get it right :)

This discussion has been closed.