Options

Replies

• ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    veganbaum wrote: »
    whereslisa wrote: »
    Not many people here can answer a question nicely huh? Before you all jump onto me, no, you don't have to deliberately be "mean" to sound mean. Geez, just answer her question. I'm not going to point fingers and I'm not suggesting everyone sounded rude but there were quite a few who did. One thing I dislike about MFP is a lot of people here who seem to have their panties in a wad all of the time.

To the OP, yes you need to meet your calorie goal for the day. You'll become quite unhealthy over time if you dont. You can eat more or switch one meal for another that has higher calories. I know what you mean about the low cal veggies, I can eat a meal of them for 200 calories and feel super full. I usually eat some apples/other fruits, some salads with something like chicken and so on to get to my calorie goal if I eat lots of veggies that day. :)

Omg I do the exact same thing!!! But even when I have chicken on my salad I gets soooo full. So I don't keep over eating. And thanks for understanding. I say the same thing. They all get on me about my other threads and then when I'm asking for normal advice they all want ro be English teachers. Its annoying but I usually just ignore them so they'll catch a hint.

Say what you mean, and the misunderstanding will be avoided. That's what language is for - communication. You communicated to others, on a site that is used to track calories, that veggies have no calories.

As has been stated, there ARE plenty of people who think there are veggies with negative calories, or who don't track veggies because they think the calories are so minimal they don't matter, or who think veggies are "free." Combine that with your previous posts and there you have it - when you said they "literally" have no calories, people took you to mean what you said. For those tracking calories, it's important to correct misinformation that can be impacting their logging and progress, so that's what people tried to do.

Also, you say now that you are asking for "normal advice." I hope that means you are leaving the quick fixes behind and will take the advice that has been offered in this thread.

Im pretty sure nobody was talking to you. I mean, I sure wasn't.

By posting, you are inviting anyone on this site to respond. You don't have to like what they say.

If you really want advice, you should reread all the posts, since nearly everyone has provided the same answer to your question - eat to your goal. If you don't really want advice, then there's no need to ask a question.

Actually you weren't giving advice. You were giving smart *kitten* comments as usual. And on the other post people jlwere just bitching about diet fads. So when I completely stop talking about those and on to things that you guys actually prefer you guys all wanna be "Mr/Mrs Told You So" which is really ugly of all you. You should be happy that I changed my mind. Not trying to throw it I'm my face bc IDC for that. I already read the comments on this specific post on what people are talking about I should do. So you're no longer needed here.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    mls100771 wrote: »
    Here's my dilemma.... MFP told me I should eat 3500 calories per pay based on my age and activity level. Being that I am a low carber, it is very hard for me to eat 3500 calories per day unless I really want to kick up my fat intake, but to be honest with you, I don't feel starved at 2500 calories. Even further, based on my daily exercise routines, I earn on average 600 - 800 extra calories per day.

Yeah, I could stuff myself with food, but I'm not that hungry. So why mess with it?

That is a massive amount of calories. .

Have you gone to somewhere like the scooby calorie counter (don't have link handy), and entered in your stats?

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ayannabayer,
    Can you please put your child on the forum? I bet they are more willing to accept common sense guidance than you've proven to be so far.

Multiple people provided you with sense filled advice. You continue to rant against it in thread after thread. The irony that you complain about childish behavior while making the most childish posts in all of your threads eludes you.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Not many people here can answer a question nicely huh? Before you all jump onto me, no, you don't have to deliberately be "mean" to sound mean. Geez, just answer her question. I'm not going to point fingers and I'm not suggesting everyone sounded rude but there were quite a few who did. One thing I dislike about MFP is a lot of people here who seem to have their panties in a wad all of the time.

To the OP, yes you need to meet your calorie goal for the day. You'll become quite unhealthy over time if you dont. You can eat more or switch one meal for another that has higher calories. I know what you mean about the low cal veggies, I can eat a meal of them for 200 calories and feel super full. I usually eat some apples/other fruits, some salads with something like chicken and so on to get to my calorie goal if I eat lots of veggies that day. :)

Omg I do the exact same thing!!! But even when I have chicken on my salad I gets soooo full. So I don't keep over eating. And thanks for understanding. I say the same thing. They all get on me about my other threads and then when I'm asking for normal advice they all want ro be English teachers. Its annoying but I usually just ignore them so they'll catch a hint.

Say what you mean, and the misunderstanding will be avoided. That's what language is for - communication. You communicated to others, on a site that is used to track calories, that veggies have no calories.

As has been stated, there ARE plenty of people who think there are veggies with negative calories, or who don't track veggies because they think the calories are so minimal they don't matter, or who think veggies are "free." Combine that with your previous posts and there you have it - when you said they "literally" have no calories, people took you to mean what you said. For those tracking calories, it's important to correct misinformation that can be impacting their logging and progress, so that's what people tried to do.

Also, you say now that you are asking for "normal advice." I hope that means you are leaving the quick fixes behind and will take the advice that has been offered in this thread.

By posting, you are inviting anyone on this site to respond. You don't have to like what they say.

If you really want advice, you should reread all the posts, since nearly everyone has provided the same answer to your question - eat to your goal. If you don't really want advice, then there's no need to ask a question.

Actually you weren't giving advice. You were giving smart *kitten* comments as usual. And on the other post people jlwere just bitching about diet fads. So when I completely stop talking about those and on to things that you guys actually prefer you guys all wanna be "Mr/Mrs Told You So" which is really ugly of all you. You should be happy that I changed my mind. Not trying to throw it I'm my face bc IDC for that. I already read the comments on this specific post on what people are talking about I should do. So you're no longer needed here.

You may want to learn how to respond with grace to people who are only trying to provide sound advice in response to your questions, instead of coming across with such a childish attitude. It will get you farther in life.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.....
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Since people remember your attitude from the other threads you have created, there may come a time when you are truly ready to go about this in a healthy way and won't get any help and support that you are looking for because they will remember how you treated others in the past. It won't just be the ones you are being snotty to either. I'm sure that already there have been people who decided not to reply or even look at the thread after seeing that you are the OP.

Try to keep an open mind and be grateful that at this point there are still a few left that are willing to offer you any help at all.

Good luck.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.....

You can hold a horse's head under water until the bubbles stop ... although that is usually frowned upon.
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Since people remember your attitude from the other threads you have created, there may come a time when you are truly ready to go about this in a healthy way and won't get any help and support that you are looking for because they will remember how you treated others in the past. It won't just be the ones you are being snotty to either. I'm sure that already there have been people who decided not to reply or even look at the thread after seeing that you are the OP.

Try to keep an open mind and be grateful that at this point there are still a few left that are willing to offer you any help at all.

Good luck.

Actually I started being that way towards the same ppl that started being rude to me. I never initiated it first.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Ayanna,
    You've started first in every one of your threads. You get advice based on fact and reality that you don't want to hear, then lash out every single time. After you lash out, you then accuse others of childish acts or not understanding when in every occasion everyone providing you advice turned out to be correct. When you're ready to listen, there is plenty of information already provided that you can learn from and move forward from. Until then, you are the only obstacle in the path to healthy weight loss.
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    ayannabayer,
    Can you please put your child on the forum? I bet they are more willing to accept common sense guidance than you've proven to be so far.

Multiple people provided you with sense filled advice. You continue to rant against it in thread after thread. The irony that you complain about childish behavior while making the most childish posts in all of your threads eludes you.

How did I ever rant against any advice????? When did I do it? Did I do it in this feed???? Pretty sure I wasn't against anything anyome said.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

How did I ever rant against any advice????? When did I do it? Did I do it in this feed???? Pretty sure I wasn't against anything anyome said.

Yes, you have. People are trying to help you.
  • ayannabayer
    Options

You may want to learn how to respond with grace to people who are only trying to provide sound advice in response to your questions, instead of coming across with such a childish attitude. It will get you farther in life.

I don'tremember your "advice". But I sure do remember your smart **** , rhetorical comments that I don't care for.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Good luck.

Actually I started being that way towards the same ppl that started being rude to me. I never initiated it first.

Ayanna this is something my sister and I would say when we were kids!!!

"But but but SHE started it"!!

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Can't. Stop. Reading.
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Good luck.

You saw everything as rude that did not support your position. That argument you just gave is the same thing a kid would say, do you not see that?

Actually no. I wasn't against everything. And no I didn't see everything as rude. I can tell what's rude and what's not. There are people giving good advice and I do take it into consideration. Some advice I ask more questions to get a better understanding. And for some, its "advice". Its the advice that brings up other threads I posted, that LITERALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ONE UNTIL RUDE PEOPLE wanted to be Mr/Mrs I Told You So. Saying "oh I see you finally stopped that pudding fad blah blah blah *talks more about a different thread* but you should listen to the other threads" is not good advice to me.BC NONE OF THE OTHER THREADS ARE ABOUT THIS TOPIC.
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Can't. Stop. Reading.

Lol. You always say something like that.
This discussion has been closed.