WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2015

Options

Replies

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Today was fairly quiet some might say close to boring. I find I like that a lot.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Joyce, here you go!

The view from our balcony this morning.
    v19jy6vb40uw.jpg

The view from the shore yesterday. It was windy! c0lyvq6cl2kk.jpg

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    One more:

bq9y49qgdly0.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Sylvia~ stunning pictures....
    sounds like everyone is soooo busy...
    still feeling pretty cra--y if I dont talk its not that bad.. going to see if the Dr can write me a script for a zpack.
    we are supposed to finally get a little rain this morning,,, much needed..hubby put up tile last night in the bathroom over the bathtub surround, looks awesome.. will post pic after its all done..
    slept for 10 and 15 minutes last night.. hopefully that helps..
    will check in later.. <3
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Gosh so tired. Food choices not good today either. Just have to get through this weekend of dance competition
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Keep getting cut off. Hum. Well goodnight all
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, beautiful pictures. I know you are having a wonderful time.

Going to my niece's wedding today. It's about a 3 hr drive away and the son, wife, and two grans are riding with us. DH said son could drive because he (DH) has trouble with what pops out his mouth (road rage). I spent a lot of time worrying about what to wear - bought a blue pants suit off eBay which I decided was too fancy and am trying to sell it again on eBay just to get rid of it. Settled on wearing black pants and a white shirt that ties in the front. Guess the saying, " You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl" applies to me. Will wear my strand of "real" pearls.

Now I have to go back and read all the posts I miss since p. 24.

Peach/Carol
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Am caught up o reading but in no mood at all in commenting. You all would not want to read it. All I want to say is to Sylvia, where is that picture of the ocean???? I so need that today. I am finding i have very poor coping skills. Love you all.

Joyce, Indiana

Hugs, Joyce. I'm so sorry you had a rough day. Maybe the weekend will be better.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    sylvia - gorgeous there, consider me with you in spirit!
    Today, my mom is coming to visit as my youngest son (&wife & 2granbabies) are meeting for visit at my daughter's. He is being sent to USS Charlotte in HI and the family is going to stay with her mo 2 1/2 hrs south. This is the first time seeing them in a couple years as they were in New York state.
    Trying to clear out my office to set up a foldaway for her to sleepover. Oh dear...

Linda in Calif
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Yeah ... the forecast is for rain!!! We are so dry. Fire bans are on...absolutely no open flame is what the Municipal lady said yesterday. DS#2 may not like the forecast - he is shingling his roof this weekend... has a group of friends all lined up to help. DH is going over to supervise.

Trying to get my walking in without hurting my foot. Foot Doctor said that my foot is twisting and probably has been since I was 5. Options... pain cream, cortisone shot, re-align my current orthotics (not covered by my medical) or new orthotics ($400-$500..yikes). My massage therapists said to change from walking shoes to running shoes as there is more support in running shoes... DH says wear my hiking boots...didn't know I owned a pair... thought they were my steel toed work boots (and they are heavy!!!) Will try the boots this weekend when I am doing yard work. Hoping to get some garden planted before DGD comes ...but I am sure she will like to help and that will be fun.

Gained 3 lbs from travel to Jasper and trip up north for work.... too much sitting in the car and travelling and not enough walking ... :( So this weekend will have to be a detox weekend....

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It is a long weekend here in Canada (Victoria Day on Monday) I am off from work next week..... I ride the Heart and Stroke Bike on Tuesday - that is always a blast.

Hugs to everyone.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Sylvia stunning views.

Joyce hope things are going better.

Went to hear a friends singing group. They did a spectacular job once again. They put on an annual show.
    School year is winding up. I am being choosy so I am having good days even though it is at the end of the year. One of my favorites teacher to sub for is moving classrooms again. This is her third move in three years. Hopefully for her she can stay in this classroom for awhile. I started helping her take down bulletin boards when I was there.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! We are watching DGS play baseball today. Love the grandkids! They keep us busy. It's nice for entertainment and a good family time.

Joyce- (((hugs)))

Drkatiebug - it sounds like you learned a lot of valuable information!

PIP-I love campfires! Are you doing the decorating?

Sylvia - beautiful views.

Carol/peach -have fun at the wedding.

Lillian - hopefully the rain will hold off until the roof is done. Three pounds is probably water weight. You'll get it off!

Have a great day everyone.

Mary from Minnesota
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    @SCC - I love your chart. I keep one too. It helps to remind me that despite the occasional "ups," I'm on a downward trend. Last week I lost 2#s. This week I gained 1# - of course I've also been over my calorie goal every day.
    I am proud of myself though because Tues I took a kickbox class (it totally kicked my *kitten*), and yesterday I walked up a very long and very steep hill.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Enjoy your day with your sister.

Michele: Pool chemistry seems daunting to me. I’m not a regular swimmer but I like to play in the water when it is warm enough for comfort. I’m in agreement with you on the nonstick spray. I’ve been using spray olive oil for the past year or two and really like it. DH wasn’t feeling all that well on his birthday, so we’re celebrating today.

Lesley: I’m happy you and Blaize went to visit friends and enjoyed yourselves.

Toni: Why did your Y close? Is the organization closing in many places? I grew up in a town with both a YMCA and a YWCA in different facilities. Now I don’t know where there are any. Perhaps the ones in my hometown are still there. I wonder.

Barbie: I’m still under goal, but I’m up a pound from my safety margin, too.

Kim: We’re starting with an overcast morning and the forecast is for a high of 63. The temperature is not too unusual for this time of year, but we’re very short of rainfall. I looked up weather data, and 1956 was worse than this.

Mary: We’ve owned 3 homes in the course of our entire marriage. DS looked them up on Zillow and discovered they’re all within about 50 square feet of each other in size. What a surprise! They have entirely different floor plans. We thought we were downsizing because we went from 3 bedrooms to 2. I guess not.

Joyce: Love you back. I know you have a lot of health issues to contend with between your MS and DH’s Parkinson’s. I hope his situation stabilizes and is manageable. Thank goodness your MS seems stable.

Dr. Katie: How far is Atlanta from your home? You sure have a lot going on right now.

Dreamwriter: Quiet & “boring” days have a lot to offer. I like them, too. :bigsmile:

Sylvia: Thanks for the pictures. Beautiful! :heart:

Alison: Take care. I hope your Z-Pack dos the job.

Lillian: I hope you’re able to find shoes that support your foot well enough to avoid pain. What is a Heart and Stroke bike?

Most of the plans for DH’s birthday celebration didn’t happen yesterday. He wasn’t feeling well enough to go out and do them. I skipped yoga because I was also feeling off. I hope today will be different and we’ll get to all the things still on the birthday list.

My riding lesson went well. My teacher was trying out a hackamore borrowed from a friend. She liked it and so did I. She’s going to try and buy it from the friend who lent it, and if he won’t sell, she’s going shopping for one like it. She was riding when I got there, and had the horse thoroughly warmed up. At the end of her ride she slipped off the bridle and kept right on going, hands free. That horse made turns, changed gaits, and did all sorts of complicated maneuvers for her. Wow! I did get a direct suggestion that I buy longer pants so they pool around my ankle when my knees are bent. Remember when Jerry Lewis wore too short pants, and white socks in those old movies with Dean Martin, so that he looked like a total doofus? Evidently, that is me in the saddle. :laugh: :blush::laugh:

I like that girl. She left me laughing at myself and motivated to get longer jeans.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

May Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol. Accomplished but here as a reminder.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon folks. I am HOOOOOMMMMMEEEE! :drinker:

Easy journey back. Held up for 5 mins by a shunt ahead of us, but 4 cars with only minor damage. :)

Dh has cut the grass. The plants all seem to have survived. Even my indoor basil, amazingly! ! ! :D

Most annoying news was that while we were away the hospital wrote to DH and rang us on our home phone to schedule his hernia op for next Tuesday. The prep interview was this last Thursday. He is veritably p****d off as you can imagine. He rang them, but it is a Saturday. :ohwell: He's worried he will go to the back of the queue now.

Kim - I got some more royalties for The Trouble with Herbert. A cheque in the post. Mainly USA and some Spanish. Not a lot, but I am amazed I'm still getting any! ! ! I hope WINDOWS agrees with you. :flowerforyou:

Washing's in the machine. We're all unpacked. Simple food tonight, just bacon and egg with tomatoes. Can't face proper cooking.
    DH off to cricket tomorrow. We bought a few items from a motorway service station on the way home, so he's got some picnic food to take with him. And some buttered Bara Brith from Wales. :D

Joyce - I hope you haven't had bad news. Thinking of you. :flowerforyou:

The horribly expensive saucepan had arrived when we got back. The postman stuffs parcels down behind the water butt if we aren't here. Bit risky with an expensive item! :ohwell: It is absolutely fabulous. Really. Quite weighty, even though it is small. I know DS#2 will love it, it is a true work of art! :laugh:

So, time to chill and get over the holidays. Read the paper. I have a new German film to watch. :D (For those who are new, I like to keep my languages ticking over by watching foregn films - with subtitles. :laugh: German is my weakest language)
    Hope DH cheers up a bit. :cry:

Love to all. Heather, back in Hampshire, England, UK
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy sat.Mom`s still in the hospital.May go home today.feel bad I can`t get to see her,hubby works 12 hours again today,he is the driver.Siblings don`t help by keep asking if and when im going.
    Daughter`s graduation is tomorrow,unless they cancel for rain and then do it mon or tues.Just a little stressful here.
    HUGS jane
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Katla, I live about an hour from downtown, 45 minutes from the perimeter of Atlanta. The problem is that Atlanta is between me and the grand babies. It requires 30 minutes on 285, which is where the crazy people all congregate to drive. When DH and I went to our grandson's birthday party a couple of weeks ago, there was a washer and dryer in the middle of the interstate.

Ordinarily I would have passed on the babysitting opportunity, but it had been on the calendar for months. My daughter was really looking forward to a night out with her husband. Because of Logan's autism, they don't leave the kids with random sitters. Usually their social life consists of Family events or separate nights out with the guys or girls while the other stays home with the kids, so if is a real treat for them.

Got my walk in early this morning, immediately after getting the pork in the crockpot. Came back, made the dessert, then the sides. The beans are baking now, the pork needs another hour or so, the dishes are washed and dried and put away, and I am relaxing with you guys. My friend's husband passed away last night.

• peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Katie ~ I hear you on the Atlanta traffic. We are fixing to get on I-285 to go to my niece's wedding.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps- yesterday's run was outside, felt good.
    Stay for today, another run outside-
    Jog outside- 57.39min, 9.25min mi, 6.1mi = 559cal
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug - BIg hugs. Sounds v stressful. You are amazing! :love:

Heather x