pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    sp3xd39ko24r.jpg

View on my morning run
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    got home around 12:20 this afternoon and took the puppies for walk around the block, then came back and wrote down our contact information for our neighbors, his mom lives about a mile and a half away from us down in florida and they are looking for a place... they want to buy in our park :D
    but since it is such a great place not many for sale.. will keep them informed....
    so I got back and DH started barking at me saying all I do is try and be nice to people to get attention, I told him if you cant handle me being nice to people and not being with you 24 /7 that take a hike...
    he told me to Shut Up.. doesnt want to hear the truth...
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I am so MAD at myself. This stress eating has got to stop. Things at work are not going to change and I have to work to pay the bills, so I need to learn to let things go and just do my job. Why is that so hard to do?? Thanks for letting me vent.

Meg--I hope all goes well with your party and the storms stay away. It was raining when I came into work at 530 this morning.

Selena--Take a deep breath. Hope it all works out for you.

Jane--sending HUGS. Pray your mom does better soon.

Heather--Sounds like beautiful country. Love hearing about all your travels. Glad to hear you made it home ok. I pray DH doesn't have to go to the end of the list for his surgery.

Susan--I understand about wounderful step children. I have a step daughter who does not like me. A couple years ago she put on her facebook page that her dad was being abused by his wife. Very detailed. DH put on her post that he was her dad and had no idea who she is talking about. Since then I have her blocked from my page. Less I know the better. I must say I am surprised she lets her children call me grandma.

Sylvia--Sounds like you are in a beautiful place also. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

Allison--Hope you feel better soon. Sending HUGS!! You deserve better then that.

pipcd--Sending HUGS!

Katiebug--Thank you for doing such a nice thing for your friend. Sorry to hear about your friend husband.

Having computer issues here at work. Most depts can not log in. Fun Fun. We have a graduation party to attend when I get off and hoping to be done in time to get to church. Then I work 6-noon tomorrow as have GDS graduation at 2. Be glad when they are all done.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Just marking my spot. Trying to balance between getting stuff done and the downtime I need.

Carol in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! We just got back to the hotel after a very busy day! We visited the Gaudi church La Familia, and it was breathtaking! I studied Gaudi when I went to college and wanted to go see it for myself. Hubby made it happen! My hero! (Sorry if this is sideways.)

3l8fm5w8y373.jpg

We walked 19,884 steps, or 8.29 miles, and my feet really feel it. After we got back to the hotel we rested briefly, then walked to a shopping mall in search of food. Oh my goodness! That mall had a food court bigger than the entire shopping mall in Joplin! And then there were three floors of regular stores below that. We finally chose a sandwich from a place called Vienna. It wasn't very good, but it was fun to try something new. It was one place that didn't serve ANY fish at all, so it was safe for me to eat there. I have to admit, I have fallen off the wagon big time on this trip. I thought I was going to starve, but I've been able to find lots to eat. And I didn't log any of it. It'll be a miracle if I haven't gained 10 pounds when we get home.

Then we walked along the beach in the moonlight. I thought that was fun.

So, I'm off to dreamland. Good night friends!

Sylvia

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's jokes of the day:

:)

The doorbell rang, and the lady of the house discovered a workman, complete with tool chest, on the front door.

"Lady," he announced, "I'm the piano tuner."

The lady exclaimed, "Why, I didn't send for a piano tuner."

The man replied, "I know, but your neighbors did."

:D

The top toothbrush salesman at the company was asked by his boss how he managed to sell so many brushes.

He replied "It's easy" and he pulled out his card table, setting his display of brushes on top. He told his boss, I lay the brushes out like this, and then I put out some potato chips and dip to draw in the customers.

He laid out his chips and dip. His boss said, "That's a very innovative approach" and took one of the chips, dipped it, and stuck it in his mouth.

"Yuck, this tastes terrible!" his boss yelled. The salesman replied "IT IS! Want to buy a toothbrush?"

:D
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Helped paint fences all day at the big house... then quick run to town for groceries. Our fridge looks like poor people live at our house. Finally back down to last Saturday's ticker weight, so I can quit whining. Have a lovely Sunday, all travelers and stay-at-homes alike....
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday and my Rest and re-feed day = 1730 cals.
    Stan making bacon, egg, tomato and mushrooms. Lamb chops for dinner
    Woke to rain yet again.
    Blaize and I walked up the road in the afternoon. He played ball with 2 dogs at another friend's place lol
    Not sure what we are doing today.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT

smiley-happy110.gif This has been a busy day.....got up early, walked the dogs, went to an early meeting then to the grocery story....later I walked with my favorite walking friend and came home to lunch prepared by Jake..I got some work done in the yard and walked the dogs some more and now I'm sitting and relaxing with all of you. Later I'll ride the exercise bike and watch TV with Jake.

smiley-cool05.gif I love all the vacation photos. Thank you for taking the time to share them with us.

smiley-bounce015.gif Katla, I agree with you that my line dance classes are my accountability exercise partners. I am so grateful that my classes are there for me three days a week.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    Options
    zf61odfk5s7a.jpg

Mom doesn't cook really anymore, but she made me my favorite meal! Mole, rice and potato salad. Here I am hold my beverage, getting primed for the nite and sister cutting up some fruit for a salad!
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    1o5ensyaqlye.jpg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Mary – After you finish your new house, I have a kitchen that would like tile! You and DH can stay here and visit N. Cal after (or before) you tile my kitchen floor and entry!

Joyce – sending you (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

Katiebug - I have a bring to a funeral or ailing friend meal too… isn’t interesting that there are certain things that come out for the same event.

Sylvia – great pictures!

Peachy Carol – glad that your driver will be calm

Pip – great pictures – I love mole, it is hard to find good mole in restaurants and I don’t know how to pick a good recipe, there was a place in the back of a warehouse in Mt. View that had been converted to a restaurant and in the ‘80’s I was a regular getting mole every chance I could.

Today started out good, walked Levi and he “saved” us from a flock of wild turkeys – actually he just barked his fool head off for too long. Then did an hour of yard work, went to the farmers market – apricots! Yummy – then met with a client and planned on embroidering all afternoon well there is something wrong with one of my machines so I have taken out the mess ( pulling out embroidery is time consuming and frustrating!) and have cleaned and repaired the machine I think – but that was my WHOLE afternoon grrrr! Going to do some dinner then run a test embroidery on some scrap before anything I have to tear out happens!

May goals:
    Walk every day
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week
    Week 1 – had a friend visit for a couple of days – went to our big second hand store (Savers) and for $23 got 3 pair of walking shoes and a pair of hiking boots – all very gently used. Score!

Week 2 – had Mom for a 4 day visit, tried some new recipes, salmon, shrimp and clams…. Yummy. Did a new walk with the dog that had a long tough hill, and we made it!

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    I've caught up again! Looks like most are having good weekends. Hugs to those with struggles ...
    Beth in WNY
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Did 55 minutes of Gin Miller's Simply Endurance DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an hour of balance games on the Wii

Kim - a friend of mine made the banana with chocolate like you made, only she used those mint chocolate chips. I know how great they are. Do your students get to sample the food after it's cooked?

Lesley - what is the main ingredient in your sugar free protein balls? Are you using a sugar substitute so that is why they are "sugar free"? What are the "pumpcakes"? Pumpkin????

Toni
    - I like that idea of putting the answers to riddles on balloons. I'm going to mention it to the gal who teaches our water aerobics class. What a nice thing the Y did having that cookout

Mary from MN
    - glad to see things are moving well with the new house. But buying one and having to sell the other is such a pain, but a great relief when it's over.

drkatiebug - I didn't realize that the airport in Atlanta is the busiest until I read that. I'd always thought it was Heathrow. I usually buy bananas that are overripe (and so cheaper), peel them, and freeze them. Then I always have bananas. Yes, when they thaw there is some juice, but you just pour that off. That's so nice of you to take a dinner to your friend and her family. So sorry about your friend's husband. That was very nice of you to babysit for your gs

Sylvia
    - your trip sounds fantastic! It may have been that the sandwich didn't taste good to you because it's not something that you're used to. I know when we were in Switzerland the first time I tried something called "bloodworst". Now Beat (who is from Switzerland) thought it was great, I wasn't all that crazy about it, probably because I wasn't used to it. The last time we were there he had this cheese that he thought was really good, I didn't think it was that great but that's probably because I wasn't used to it. But you're right, it's so good to try something new. With all the walking you're doing, wouldn't surprise me one bit if you came back not having gained at all. Plus...the portions over there are more normal than here in the US

Went to Hallmark to drop off our list and get a card for Denise's birthday. Then to Aldi. I put away the groceries and Vince tested the water, put the robotic cleaner in. When he's done, Vince'll add stabilizer so that Rover (robotic cleaner) doesn't pick it up

katla
    - he'll never admit it, but I really do think Vince enjoys playing around with the chemicals for the pool, which is good for me. I'm still very impressed with your riding

pip - you REALLY wanted me to drool, huh???? lol Looks like you're having a great time, so glad for you

Roasting some mushrooms right now, then I'll put them in the freezer.

Michele in NC
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    mom is home on different meds,hope they work .
    Happy sat
    hugs jane
  • JoanMichelleAmena
    JoanMichelleAmena Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mindsiview wrote: »
    Greetings! I'm new here and to MFP. Been reading this thread with much interest and hope you don't mind me hanging about :-)

16061727.png

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! I have decided that anything resembling Mexican food are TRIGGER foods for me. So I rec'd some taco shells from the food bank yesterday, and made tacos. Evidently tacos that expire 2011 can really become kind of toxic and so when son and I bit into them they were amazing disgusting! So we made soft tacos using tortillas. I had bought some yogurt yesterday and had to pass by the sour cream sooo....I bought the new containters sour cream that come in tubes...how utterly efficient! So I ate 3 huge@$$ tacos with way too much sour cream... I guess its the whole total flavor of everything all rolled into one flavor that is the trigger... So having leftovers of lettuce, tomatoes, and the taco meat...guess what I ate today? Yep you guessed it..I am about 300 calories over. Uuuck..
    @mollywhippet amazing pictures (pages back) Thanks for sharing them!
    @peachstategal you can NEVER go wrong with "real" strands of pearls...Always a classic!