Absence Before Marriage

Options

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    You said it:
    Instead I would like to look at this claim that wanting a mate that is able to sexually satisfy you is selfish. I would say it is justifiably selfish.
    ...you believe marriage is a life long commitment. You are basically saying. Get married to this person if they are terrible at sex and you get no satisfaction relax. The commitment will only last until one of you is dead.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    What really saddens me is that out of all these comments, I haven't seen but 1 or 2 that mention God and what He says about sex before marriage. God says that sex before marriage is fornication and fornication is an abomination.. I think if people would just get back to God's word and what He says about things like this then the world wouldn't be in the shape its in now. Not only when it comes to premarital sex but everything else too. If you really love someone and they really love you then both of you should be willing to wait for each other.

May I quote Matthew 7:1?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged."

Oh, logic. How ye slay me :heart:
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think my point was missed. Let me rephrase. I have a friend who is an awesome guy! Love him dearly! He started dating a mutual friend he had been crushing on for years. In the heat of the moment and due to his emotions and nervousness, he misfired. That was the end of the relationship and friendship. She wasn't committed in any way to try again.

She missed out on a wonderful guy who would have supported her and made her happy. He was married for 15 years to someone else so I think it was a one-time thing but I didn't test-drive so I can't be sure. My point is stuff like that happens.

Whether you test-drive or not, you better have expectations that marriage is work no matter what room of the house you are in. If you have been married for 5 years and especially if you have kids, you KNOW what I mean!!

I also want to point out that abstinence is the only 100% protection against STDs, not just pregnancy. You sleep with everyone your partner slept with and vice versa. Abstinence protects the marriage bed.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What really saddens me is that out of all these comments, I haven't seen but 1 or 2 that mention God and what He says about sex before marriage. God says that sex before marriage is fornication and fornication is an abomination.. I think if people would just get back to God's word and what He says about things like this then the world wouldn't be in the shape its in now. Not only when it comes to premarital sex but everything else too. If you really love someone and they really love you then both of you should be willing to wait for each other.
    LOL God's words were written by humans. Wrap your mind around that.

And some of us don't believe in god....gasp...
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options

I also want to point out that abstinence is the only 100% protection against STDs, not just pregnancy. You sleep with everyone your partner slept with and vice versa. Abstinence protects the marriage bed.

I literally want to hug you right now LITERALLY!Q
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I literally want to hug you right now LITERALLY!Q

:flowerforyou:
  • KatrinaWilke
    Options
    To clarify, I was more referring to those who chose to have sex with no real desire for commitment and marriage.
    In essence, they're just using the other person to gratify a physical need rather than wanting to develop a true relationship which takes time, patience and mutual respect.

And what is wrong with satisfying our physical needs? If two peple have consensual sex for mere pleasure....what is wrong with that?
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    YaYY for you!! I think abstinence is a treasure for your spouse! I agree that sex is special. Those who want to try out their potential mate for compatibility don't have it quite right, IMO. Many things can happen physically to hamper a sexual experience. Yeast infections can cause numbness. Surgeries or other illnesses will causes changes in sensations or performance issues. As in every other area of your married life, sexual intimacy and maintaing that relationship takes work.

What if you think a guy is perfect then you sleep with him? he doesn't perform up to your standard. he could have had 1 too many drinks. He could have had a stressful day at work and been very tired. You break up because you aren't compatible. He could have been a stud but for that one night and you lost Mr. Perfect.

This may be reaching but my point is that 1 sexual experience cannot and should not define your whole relationship. Nothing worth having comes easy and that includes a good sex life. After 23 years of marriage, I can promise you, even there, it is for better or worse. Most of the time, it is wonderful. Sometimes, one of us is off our game. Work in progress!!

I agree that sex is special. But I don't think anyone here is saying that they would dump a person because the sex was bad once. I think assuming most people here are adults, no one would just toss someone to the side because the first time was not up to their standards. My fiance and I have sex. The first time was very sweet...but very awful. Neither of us knew what the hell we were doing. Obviously, practice makes perfect, so as we learned each others' bodies better, our sexual compatibility seemed a lot better. I think given that most people know these things, the idea of finding out if you are sexually compatible with someone is extremely important. As someone who has been married for 26 years, you should know that sex is important in a serious relationship.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    To clarify, I was more referring to those who chose to have sex with no real desire for commitment and marriage.
    In essence, they're just using the other person to gratify a physical need rather than wanting to develop a true relationship which takes time, patience and mutual respect.

And what is wrong with satisfying our physical needs? If two peple have consensual sex for mere pleasure....what is wrong with that?

Apparently wanting pleasure with no strings attached is a bad thing. Sex is to be enjoyed ONLY for procreation and ONLY if you have an expensive ring on your finger........

The logic of this burns my brains something fierce:noway:
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

I agree. Sexual attraction is a wonderful, very natural thing. Some people prefer to find someone special to share it with. Some people don't, and see it as a natural desire and nothing to be ashamed of, which it isn't. There's nothing wrong with either of those situations.
  • KatrinaWilke
    Options
    Apparently wanting pleasure with no strings attached is a bad thing. Sex is to be enjoyed ONLY for procreation and ONLY if you have an expensive ring on your finger........

The logic of this burns my brains something fierce:noway:

Yeah, I definitely don't get it! I guess I would be burned alive if people knew I have had one night stands and pity sex!!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I say kudos to those who pledge abstinence before marriage and go through with it.
  • johnglenn1973
    Options
    Absinthe before Marriage? I prefer vodka...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

If only we could all agree on what God said!

And who's god or who's interpretation of god and what god is or is not. People always seem to forget that not everyone worships the same god . If it were really that easy, there wouldn't be so many religions
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    For me it is simple. Yet I am simple minded. I wouldn't go buy a car without test driving it.

However the choice above it just that a choice, my choice. If someone wanted to abstain then that is their choice. I just wouldnt be part of it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Not to mention, we are just animals...highly intelligent animals, but animals none-the-less. All animals I've ever seen pretty much have sex when they want with whatever they want...
  • KatrinaWilke
    Options

Not to mention, we are just animals...highly intelligent animals, but animals none-the-less. All animals I've ever seen pretty much have sex when they want with whatever they want...

Reminds me of the song "You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals,So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel".
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I could never fathom being stuck in an endless relationship with someone I could potentially have no sexual compatibility. Now, I just can't fathom being stuck in an endless relationship.
  • KatrinaWilke
    Options

If only we could all agree on what God said!

And who's god or who's interpretation of god and what god is or is not. People always seem to forget that not everyone worships the same god . If it were really that easy, there wouldn't be so many religions

Agree! That's why I said that some of us don't believe in god.....so why would I follow what he says?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I don't think that sex is morally wrong, and I feel sorry for people who do. I don't think that the meaning of life, if any, is that the person who denies themselves the most pleasure wins at the end.

I don't think sex before marriage is wrong either, but I also don't think there is anything sad for someone who does. Fact is, much of the drama and issues we have in the world is because people DON'T have enough self-control and won't deny themselves every pleasure they can get. Often times at the expense of of others or their own character.

But to each their own.