I am an internet know-it-all with an advanced degree...ask me anything about health, fitness or life

Options

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    mojohowitz wrote: »
    Define loosing.
    Why does no one mention volume and density when comparing the weights of fat and muscle?
    Why does every discussion on this page devolve into desperate pleas for validation and affirmation?
    Why does it burn when I pee?

1. losing typed too quickly or with a neurological defect
    2. because average people are incapable of grasping the abstract
    3. because real life sucks
    4. short ureters can cause more frequent bladder infections...
  • _John_
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If a bro falls in the woods due to failing at a 700 pound squat and nobody is around, does he make a sound?

can't he hear it? or is the guy squatting, nobody?
  • _John_
    Options
    "sound" means a living ear was able to hear it, so no. Though it does produce the pressure waves capable of being interpreted by animals as sound.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    If we all adopt the practice of teaching a man to fish, instead of giving him a fish, and he has no where to fish, can we send him to your pond?
  • _John_
    Options
    If we all adopt the practice of teaching a man to fish, instead of giving him a fish, and he has no where to fish, can we send him to your pond?

my pond can support about 6 anglers, and my family is bigger than that...
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    jaga13 wrote: »
    _John_ wrote: »
    If anyone actually asks something though, I am not responsible for how the sarcastic reply will make you feel...

What does the fox say?

"say" implies a language. Foxes typically communicate via squeals, barks, facial expressions, and with their tail positions and movements.

And by peeing on things. Don't forget peeing on things.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Can I get pregnant if I do it standing up?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

And by "it" I mean eat donuts.
  • _John_
    Options

And by "it" I mean eat donuts.

Would seem to be a good head start on post festivities munchies to me. And yes.
  • _John_
    Options
    the_doctor_is_in.jpg
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    1) Why is it that when a scientist finds a simple piece of clay, it is considered "made" or created by intelligent beings, but the same scientists can examine the most brilliant marvels of engineering (the human) and call it a lucky series of mistakes (mutations)?

2) Why do astronomists get on tv and talk about events that supposedly took place 300 million years ago on other planets and doesn't use qualifiers like, "this is what we think may have happened," but rather acts like its a fact because it came out of his Ph.D. degreed mouth? Isn't science supposed to be more about truth and less conjecture?
  • _John_
    Options
    1. Humans cannot grasp how long (and how little) 1 million years is...

2. This is where differs on research papers and how it is conveyed to the public. In a paper, it would be couched, but couching doesn't make for good TV, so it is stated as "fact" using the best "guesses" available.
  • swansong1001
    swansong1001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What came first, the chicken or the egg?
  • thefluffyone
    thefluffyone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    the most brilliant marvels of engineering (the human)
    I think you should study human biology in more detail; the most marvellous thing about the human body is that it works at all given the sheer number of flaws in its "design" ;)

• _John_
    Options
    What came first, the chicken or the egg?

the rooster
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Why isn't "Fat Guy Goes Nutzoid" available on DVD?
  • _John_
    Options
    Why isn't "Fat Guy Goes Nutzoid" available on DVD?

it is, you just don't want to shop there.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Please compare and contrast LACP, UDLD, OAM as well as various port channels for network detection, aggregation and reliability. Specifically, please address the short comings of each for multihomed end nodes. Thanks!