Over 200 New year New Me Part 23

awestfall
awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I am here I am here!! Sorry I posted a new thread so late but I was completely wore out from this weekend.Dollywood was a blast and I only had bad food once this weekend and my weight this morning was 221 so I am ok with that.Yesterday I exercised for 30minutes and drank tons of water so I knew my weight would be somewhat normal this morning.Now I need to get back to 216 that I saw 2 weeks ago.I know I will get there.Anyways I am going to the beach in 2 weeks and I can't wait.Some relaxation and plenty of walking exercise.Anyways can anyone fill me in on the biggest loser and the challenge this week.? Looks like this is going to be a great week for all of us.I really needed my weekend getaway to Dollywood.Thanks gals for supporting me and checking up on me.

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Welcome back....glad you enjoyed your vacation

You will get back to that weight in no time....Keep going strong!!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    So glad to hear your trip went well!! I can only imagine how wore out you were!
  • awestfall
    So glad to hear your trip went well!! I can only imagine how wore out you were!
    I was exhausted Jess!!! We walked for 8 hours around the park Saturday and then swam at the hotel that night.I believe if I hadn't had a sodium enriched meal at 9pm that night I would have had a loss from all the exercise.But no worries I know it will come back off.Today I have a horrible sinus headache and neck tension BLAH I hope it goes away really soon.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    bump
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Cris - Glad to see you! Like all the other ladies said, that all the time you need but we are here for you. Vent all you want, it will not bother us because that is what we are here for, support! Hope you start feeling better soon. Take care! :heart:

Jess - Sorry your foot is still hurting. :cry: I sure hope you get some got seats for the Mavs. I went to my first Mavs game in February and it was lots of fun!

Ann- Glad that you had a well needed vacation! You did a whole lot of exercising, WTG!! You will see that 216 soon!

I am so with you Ann, I have a headache once again today. You would think that all of the tylenol and ibprofen that I have been taking I would be a zombie or feel like I am flying but nope. Day 4 of headacheland is no fun. I was feeling better when I woke up this morning but as soon as I went outside my head started pounding. And all of the early morning thinking hasn't helped. :tongue: I hope it gets better because I really want to be able to workout when I get home. Right now I am not on track to meet my bday goal and I want to get as close as I can before going on vacation the weekend before my bday.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    I'm here to admit that I did not workout last night as I had planned. I snacked instead while watching tv with mom. On the plus side, I didn't go over calories, so I only failed 50% for the day by not working out. Slowly but surely I'll get back on track.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: under by 106
    Sodium: Over by 885
    Water: 16 oz.
    Exercise: None
    Proud: That I didn't eat the 400 calories in ice cream that I wanted and I got the invites for my mom's 50th birthday party done.
  • raiderape
    WTG on not overeating!!! That is a huge accomplishment in itself. It is okay that you didn't work out yesterday. Taking a day off is good.
  • RedneckWmn
    raider-Have you tried taking any kind of allergy medicine? Maybe it's allergy related. Get to feeling better girl!

Heather-That is the right step in the right direction. Good job! Just gotta get back on the horse and exercise!

I'm having a hard time not overeating since I can't workout. This is no fun!
  • awestfall
    WTG on not overeating!!! That is a huge accomplishment in itself. It is okay that you didn't work out yesterday. Taking a day off is good.
    Alergy meds do help me out.So maybe yours is allergy related.
  • raiderape
    Yes, I have tried taking allergy meds. It seems to make it not as bad but it continues to stay. I took some this morning and now I am really sleepy but am still able to function. It is weird that I didn't have any problems with my allergies till Saturday. I guess know my body is trying to pay me back for not having any reactions earlier in the year.

Have you decided if you are going to the doc yet?
  • RedneckWmn
    Yes, I have tried taking allergy meds. It seems to make it not as bad but it continues to stay. I took some this morning and now I am really sleepy but am still able to function. It is weird that I didn't have any problems with my allergies till Saturday. I guess know my body is trying to pay me back for not having any reactions earlier in the year.

Have you decided if you are going to the doc yet?
    Me? It's actually feeling a lot better. It felt great this morning. That is until I went to Walmart and walked around on it. I think it's just an over stretched tendon or something. So as of right now, no I am not going to go to the doctor. Hope I'm making the right decision!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I think our biggest loser last week was tstout.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, ladies!

Tstout -- challenge us!

(or have I completely missed the challenge? :laugh:)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    I don't remember seeing a challenge yet, so I'm looking forward to one!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Oohhh fancy! I didn't know that I got to pick a challege!!

Hmm... let's see... a million sit-ups by Thursday? haha kidding!

How about... two days this week, only eat half of your earned calories from fitness.

Is that too easy? Too ridiculous? Let me know :)

I went to my second spin class this morning :) I felt less awkward, but I think it's because the instructor had us talk about our favorite form of fitness and I talked about rugby... so now everyone in the class thinks I'm a lunatic. (They're only mildly right...)

Doing well on calories today, but I am in serious need of more water!

Happy Tuesday, ladies :)
    -Teresa
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    It's been awhile since I've actually accomplished the weekly challenge ... so I need one to try to get excited again.
    I had a bad night last night ... same old, same old - eating chips and cheese while making dinner for my son. It is such a bad time of day for me. I was over on calories by 600+. Back on track today.
    I did get to step class this morning even though my back/shoulder/arm are still hurting quite a bit. My doc appointment yesterday was interesting - no results yet on the Lyme's disease. She tested for that, and for a thyroid issue, and for inflammation, and I don't know what all because I had a hard time understanding her doctorese-speak (making up words like you littlespy). I think I'm a fairly bright person, but this doctor totally talked waaaay over my head and after every sentence that I didn't understand more than 2 words of she would say 'is that ok?', and I would have to say - 'I think so, but can you explain what it is you are asking again?' She also did a neck x-ray, and will do an mri of the shoulder and arm next week depending on the results of the other tests and if my shoulder/arm are still feeling like I hit my funny bone. Today I woke up with such a sore neck I didn't think I could move - probably slept funny because of all my other aches and pains... but with ibuprofen I was able to do my step class - carefully and with less intensity. I just took a high-powered prescription ibuprofen and that helped even more, and I have a prescription anti-inflammitory to take at bedtime tonight too. At least with my neck hurting so much I'm not feeling my shoulder/arm as much now. :grumble:

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts for me.

calories: waaaay over
    exercise: none yesterday
    water: bad during the day but made up for it at night
    proud: hmmm

Cris: Take care of yourself! and know we are thinking of you. :flowerforyou:
  • raiderape
    Jess - Yes, I was talking to you. Sorry, I didn't bring the previous post so that you were sure.

Istpaul - Hope your shoulder gets to feeling better soon. Hopefully the doctor will find something out with all of these tests. That took some dedication to still go to step class! WTG!

Teresa - Thanks for the challenge. I guess that means I really need to workout first to be able to complete that challenge. :tongue:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Thanks raiderape, actually I felt kind of silly at the doc office because I always seem to have aches and pains lately from working out so I probably just strained something (I think just plain age catching up with me) ... but these pains were a bit odd and persistent, plus I don't want to mess around with potential Lyme's disease so when I had the bug bite with the ring around it I thought I should at least get tested. Kind of odd, I had Lyme's disease 15 years ago and that time it was super obvious because the tick was still attached (ick) with a big ring around it. This time no tick - but a bite and ring in the exact same spot as before - on my lower back just above the waistline on my pants. But it could just be a spider bite, the ring around the bite is gone now.
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Hey everyone do you mind if I join your group? I am in need of some extra motivation!

Thanks,
    Tracy
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Hey girls, It’s been a very busy day today. My son class had a small ceremony for the kids who graduate and move into Kindergarten next year. It was so cute. I went food shopping and came home to clean up my home. My hubby is out of town for 4 days. He went to Washington DC, business trip. I will miss him.:sad:

I had a very stressful day yesterday, and well I think everyone knows where I am going with this….I overly, over ate yesterday…I had, throughout the day, 4000 calories. I am ashamed at myself. I can’t believe I did really good during the weekend but binged Monday. I am paying the price today because on top of TOM’ bloat I am extremely bloated.

Today I have to exercise, and watch what I eat. I vowed not to eat any junk food for the entire week. I can’t break my own promise; I am fully committed this week. I am back on board and ready to kick my sorry asre for all the bad food.

Istpaul: I hope your blood results come out negative. My daughter when she was about 6 years old she was bit by a tick. It was a “bull’s eye” ring appeared on her upper leg. I took her to the doctor and they sent us to the hospital for a lot of tests. The hospital sent us home with antibiotic medication and we were supposed to wait for the doctor to call us back for the diagnosis. Well she did get a mild case of lime deases. But because I took her to the doctor right away and they gave her medication right away- it was out of her system. I was so scared. I’m praying for you girl…:heart:

Jess: sorry to hear you’re in a lot of pain..sending wellness vibes..:flowerforyou:

LItspy: congrats on the marriage license. I am so happy for you.

Cris: please take all the time you need. If you want to come on and vent..you are more than welcome to do that..we are all here for support and an ear to listen ( or eyes to read..lol). Love ya.:flowerforyou: :heart:

Raiderape: I get headaches all the time especially around TOM, sending a hug your way.:flowerforyou:

Tstout: congrats on being Biggest loser and I like the new challenge. However, let’s just say I ate all my exercise calories on Monday (remember above I ate 4000+ calories)…so I will be sticking to 1200 calories the rest of the week.

Awestfall: Glad you are back! And thanks for the new tread.

Heather: great job staying within your calories..now let start exercising…me and you…I kinda started to be lazy..this week Iwill kick my own *kitten* to see a loss even with TOM around. Let’s do this girl!

Cogirl: congrats on losing 50 pounds. Way to go gilr!!!

Mstahl: I didn't know you had a obsession with strawberries...you can come by anytime to eat the strawberries grown in my garden. My son ate so much now he moved on to the raspberries ( which are now ediable)... enjoy your strawberries!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Thanks raiderape, actually I felt kind of silly at the doc office because I always seem to have aches and pains lately from working out so I probably just strained something (I think just plain age catching up with me) ... but these pains were a bit odd and persistent, plus I don't want to mess around with potential Lyme's disease so when I had the bug bite with the ring around it I thought I should at least get tested. Kind of odd, I had Lyme's disease 15 years ago and that time it was super obvious because the tick was still attached (ick) with a big ring around it. This time no tick - but a bite and ring in the exact same spot as before - on my lower back just above the waistline on my pants. But it could just be a spider bite, the ring around the bite is gone now.

Ispaul: around the bit, Is it swollen or normal? I have had a spider bit and boy was it swollen and very itchy, but when my daughter had the tick bit, no swellen or tick jsut a ring.
This discussion has been closed.