Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    vm19qxm9hqa0.jpg

AWESOME! I shall share the one I made for Christmas time. It has many of my Grandmas, and Mothers jewelery on it.005_zpsilg9xway.jpg

WOAH!! YOU don't want to resize that! i wanna see it nice and big!!! that is awesome!!!
  • HSDramamom
    HSDramamom Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wow! You REALLY DO know what I'm going through, Cheri! I can hardly believe how much what you've experienced is like what I'm experiencing! I haven't had plantar fasciatis, but my husband does. :\

Thanks for the encouragement. I think that I either soldier on or my issues will only get worse and probably multiply. I have to make eating right and fitness a way of life.

Christina

Much of what you have said resonates with me as I've been through some of it. I went through menopause early (45 yo) and prior to that I went through many years of perimenopausal symptoms. The hot flashes/night sweats were life debilitating and I finally had to go on HRT to manage them. I also have back/sciatica issues that plague me no matter how much physical therapy and pain meds I take. And finally I have suffered through plantar faciaitis and metarlagia/sesamoiditis several times. So when I say I know what your're going through I mean it. It is all about management and being in tune with your body and and making adjustments to what you do for exercise. Hang in there and you will make it through this part of your aging process. Fortunately 10+ years post-menopausal I am off the HRT meds and only experience minimal hot flashes/night sweats. I finally have some control over my feet ailments using orthotics and taping measures. Losing weight has helped also as it is less pressure on my knees and feet. My back gives me twinges here and there so I try and rest on those days and move on the others. On top of this I was diagnosed with general arthritis...needless to say my mornings are stiff.
    Soldier on and stay the course with eating/exercising for overall health and fitness!

Cheri in Fairlawn, Ohio
    [/quote]

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Mary, so sorry for the delay. What has to happen before you can close? Why aren’t you closing on your old house? It just never ends does it? Hang in there.

Heather, glad you got some rest. The dinner sounds delish. Hope it cools off for you soon.

Terri, bummer about your wrist. I hope it gets better real soon.

Lisa, woo hoo on those jeans. Way to go!!

Katla, glad you had a good time at the reunion and also that your sores are better.

Sylvia, glad you got the SUV. Now life can continue. I like the beach even if I don’t do more than stick my feet in the water to cool off, but I won’t go out in it now with all the sharks around.

Peach, thanks for info on DH. It does sound familiar; I wonder why? LOL I know what you mean about the calorie count all over the place on things. It makes it a bit harder to try to log accurately.

Mia, great loss for June. Keep up the good work.

Andrea, welcome. Trust me, eating right and planning plus exercise is a struggle for many of us. And I don’t work. The thing is, once you take the time to plan meals, then you know what you need to buy and you know what you are going to make, so maybe some can be done ahead of time…all in all it saves some time to spend on moving more. It is truly a matter of commitment and making myself do it. I have to want to lose weight and be healthy more than I want to do other things. Best of luck to you.

Stm, welcome. We will let you stay as long as you promise to turn 50 within a couple of years. You will find us a very supportive group of ladies. Yes many of us have played yoyo. I know that this time for me, I will do what many of the ladies here have done, and that is stay with MPF and keep logging food. I don’t ever want to get fat again!!! Never! Ever. Best of luck. Come often and please sign your posts with the name you want to be called and a location.

Jane, I’m sending good thoughts for you and your mom. (((Hugs)))

Cat, welcome. Please tell us a bit about yourself to help us get to know you. I like your goals. Best of luck on this journey.

Heather, smiley-confused013.gifWhere is that cheese safe? I know it was supposed to be there! I’m glad your money got there for your December trip. Hope it cools off for you soon. That must be terrible with no AC.

DeeDee, I don’t want to get blamed for you spitting water on your computer. Just contain yourself. (but glad ya liked it) pcwhack.gif

Penny, I love the pictures of the kid and hearing about their visit. The last picture is just breathtaking. Thank you so much for sharing. Oh, I like your goal #4 “Choose my booze" I might need to add that one. smiley-eatdrink004.gif Tonight rather than cocktail with DH I did chose to have ice tea. Just need to do it a bit more often.

Yvonne, when I was growing up in Texas we drank iced tea all year long and I still do to this day. While we lived in Milwaukee, at restaurants especially in the winter, I’d have to order a cup of hot tea and two glasses of ice. LOL

Katie, welcome. It sounds like you are off to a good start. The thing that helps me is knowing this is a lifelong journey and not a destination. We have a number of ladies here who have reached their goal and use MFP to maintain. Come often. Ask any questions and chat when you’d like. Good luck.

Rori, good to see you. I am always exhausted just reading about how much you travel. I suggest just trying to keep up with July as it is moving along at a fast pace. smiley-bounce014.gif

Lenora, okay I give up??? What is DYS? I’m sure it’s simple but I can’t come up with anything that starts with Y.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I started a pot of soup today that we will eat tomorrow. I always like them better the second day. Had chicken on the grill for dinner. Had doctor appointment this morning and got nails done this afternoon. The sun never really came out all day but not a drop of rain. A better chance for it tomorrow but not expecting any on the Fourth.

Best of luck with all the great goals.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @pipcd34 glad you like, I had fun doing it! This last Christmas the lights stopped working, (no prob just take out of the drilled holes and put new string in). Not bad for lighting it for almost 30 years eh...most strands don't last that long! Ok get ready for my husband in his kilt...just rec'd it the other day, and he played dress up:-)
  • Annr
    Options
    100_3275_zpsyfmth1cx.jpg
  • Annr
    Options
    heehee....my husband is kilted on a Ladies site...hahahaha...he was really excited to get it in the mail from Scotland though. They did a really great job. This is one of 3 kilts he owns. He wants to get one for every day of the week!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    First day of July and already 4 pages! It is good to have so many ladies here to share the journey. Welcome to the newcomers! My goal for June was to get moved to WA, goal accomplished. Now I need to get motivated to do more intentional exercise.In July I will do yoga one day per week. I will continue to drink at least 6 glasses of water per day.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories, Sue in WA
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Barbie--I see many have gotten here before me! Welcome to new people and here's to being motivated in July!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Goodness - four pages already...!!!

I had full intentions when I got up this morning (early of course 6 a.m.) to sit down with my coffee and read what everyone was up to today... BUT that cutie pie DGS woke up at 6:30. He was ready to go!! Funny he doesn't know when it isn't a work day either.....LOL.

I had really boring goals for June
    - walk 120 miles = done deal
    - 20 days over 10,000 steps... :s only did 14.
    - weigh and measure - nope - still eyeballing - silly girl!!
    - get my company books done.... WELL I got a start on them :blush:

July goals
    - I bought a pair of Asics running shoes. I would like to add running to my routine. Not sure how to log it, but I did find a walk run training schedule
    - walk 120 miles - 20 days over 10,000 steps.
    - More strength training... need some muscle.
    - Get books done.

I am hovering between 174 - 176 - need to make the scale move again....

Okay - I have to get off the couch - it has started to cool off outside. It is still smoky so not sure how far I will get before it starts to bother me.

Later everyone, Take care

Lillian in Smoky West Central Saskatchewan
    Sorry everyone to the south but I hear our smoke from the fires in Northern Saskatchewan has made its way to Tennessee.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    2315743fm0grymm98.gif

I wore my Canada t shirt today.
  • Tessarac
    Tessarac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hola all, this is my first month here and my goals are extremely modest.

July goals:

6 glasses of water per day,
    movement of any type 10 minutes per day,
    log food daily (even when I know I'll cringe), and
    sincerely meditate once per week.

:)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of the deep water today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michael's Killer Buns and Thighs DVD. I've found it so much better to go early to the deep water, do my own thing, and then maybe join the class. But really, the class just goes waaaayyyy too slow.

Before class went to Bi-Lo just to get items on sale (not much, really) and after the class stopped at the Salvation Army, didn't get anything. Came home and went to Hamricks, returned a bathing suit I had that I paid $20 for. They were on sale for $10, so for $10 I liked it enough and rebought it. I also got 2 other shirts (not like I needed them). Went to Aldi, then home and in the pool, had an early dinner and went to ceramics. Did 2 coats of this blueberry on the shell and the first coat of green on the body. I tell you, that Invisions dries so fast that it's going to be hard for me to see where I put the second and then third coat on. They poured the mold for my ladybug so I drew the circles for the spots on the body and put my name and the year on the bottom.

Mary from MN - Bryan is my son. He married a girl from Spain because "my visa expires in August and by marrying an EU resident I won't have the visa issues". I suppose there was some love there, at least I hope there was. He speaks to me when he has to. It's just a really difficult situation. Basically, he's told us that he doesn't want to have anything to do with us anymore. One of the things that hurts is that he wasn't like this. when Vince fell and had the tibial plateau fracture, it was Bryan who went to the store and made dinner for the girls. It was Bryan who drove my car to NC and he and Jessica unloaded the truck into storage and then drove home. It was Bryan who drove Vince to NC since he was still using a cane. It was Bryan who helped move us into the house. What happened, that I don't know. when he told us he was getting married, he didn't want us to come to the wedding but to send him the money we would have spent so he could spend it on a reception. The only way I wouldn't be at my son's wedding is if I was 6' under. He had us sitting next to her cousins (who speak Spanish and we don't), not near the people he works with who speak English. He originally was going to go to Madrid after the ceremony. And leave us in a country where we don't know the language and take the only interpreter with him. But they rented this house for 3 days (a 3 day reception - guess that's how it's done over there). We had to leave the day of the wedding since we were going to Madrid the next day. Vince was in the hospital while we were in Switzerland, he called while we were in Switzerland but not when we got home to see how Vince was doing. It breaks my heart. You have no idea how hard it was to kiss him at the end of his reception knowing that that's the last time I'll ever see him. So sorry about your house.

Lisa - awesome pics, thanks so much for sharing them

HSDramamom - the first time I took a spinning class, I couldn't walk the next day. Atually, it took a while but now I can do a class without the padded seat. You'll love the burn

pip - sounds like you have a wonderful gym. Wish we did

Just reading thru the posts quickly tonight. It's pretty late, need to get to bed. But I want to check in first.

Welcome everyone new!

Joyce - I've ordered cakes from WalMart, so I certainly didn't question you

CynthiaT - I think the call it "extremepump" because even tho they use the Body Pump equipment, they don't pay for the Body Pump music/workouts, they do about the same type of thing. Is the dress fitting for a special occasion?

Penny - have a great time in NH.. I know you'll do well

yaniejannie - so sad for your friend

janetrOKC - lovely "tree"

Miriam - I'm sory you're under such stress

Renny and all Canadian friends - happy Canada Day

DJ - any loss is a good loss

Sylvia - so glad you got the SUV. Thanks, Joyce! You're doing great on the weight loss

Andrea - Log, Log, Log and then Log some more. That in addition to exercise is the only suggestion I have. Terri had some great suggestions

Sara from Arizona - of course you're welcome! My hubby has a t-shirt that says "come to the dark side....we have bacon". This talk of the dark side for you reminded me of it

Penny - fantastic pics

DJ - "many of us have played yoyo"???? Really? Isn't it more like "all of us have"?

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Annr - Thank you and WOOZERS your tree is gorgeous. I got my idea from the internet and trees that looked like yours. I'm not that creative, but I'm going to make a large one soon as one of my nieces has some very special very old pieces that she send home with me and asked me to put together in a tree for her. I will use your pic as my inspiration. Its absolutely gorgeous and thanks for sharing with us.

Is it mounted on black velvet, and what is the size? Thanks for the help!

Janetr OKC
  • metallaxi
    metallaxi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello July
    I reserve my spot in July's thread and shall update my goals for July during the day.
    In the meantime I have planned a 10K run-walk this Sunday morning up hills and trails in the Syros Island routes
    More later
    Have a wonderful month..!!!! <3B)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    heehee....my husband is kilted on a Ladies site...hahahaha...he was really excited to get it in the mail from Scotland though. They did a really great job. This is one of 3 kilts he owns. He wants to get one for every day of the week!

My grandfathter, my Dad's father, came to the U.S. from Scotland all alone when he was about 12. His sisters later sent him. and us, many things from Scotland. They are special treasures for us.

Be sure to tell your hubby that all the "phat chat ladies" collectively whistled at those knees :)
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Had to bail out on my June goal of working on C25K....arthritic knees and shin splints flared up. Getting old is not for sissies! However, I did make my swim goal of 1 mile continuous in 45 min. Also lost 7 pounds! I am still amazed at the changes.

July:
    1) Increase daily steps to 15000 and meet goal every day. Just because I can't run doesn't mean I can't walk.
    2) Swim at least 5x per week....after all, it IS summer. The days are already getting shorter so must take advantage while I can!
    3) Enjoy ice cream, without guilt. Plan for it, log it! See reasoning above.
    4) Maintain, or better yet, lose weight while enjoying several planned mini-visits to family, a conference AND my birthday this month.

Kathi in rural NY
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did an hour of the deep water today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michael's Killer Buns and Thighs DVD. I've found it so much better to go early to the deep water, do my own thing, and then maybe join the class. But really, the class just goes waaaayyyy too slow.
    Michele in NC

Michele - I am always so happy to read your posts and impressed with your dedication to activities.

Barbie - Thank you for remembering your Canadian friends. Canada Day here, for those of you who wonder what that is, it is similar to the USA's 4th of July.

☼It was a sincerely hot day here today, unusually so for our area. We've got 2 AC's going in the bedrooms and a fan throughout the house, so the temps are quite bearable inside. Outside, not so much.

Okay, my MFP friends, I am back to work tomorrow (July 2nd) after a 3.5 week staycation, so I will likely not be able to keep up anymore. However, that does not mean I am not with you in heart and mind.

Much love
    Renny
  • KateKyi
    KateKyi Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new Ladies, stay a while, rant a little when you need to, share a little about how you met your other halfs. June was fun reading other ladies stories. This is a very supportive group. We might have gotten a little broken (mentally and physically) but we are all strong ladies that will get through our journeys.

Yesterdays lesson was I must not go food shopping without a list! It was the first time I went out shopping for at least 2 years. I over spent and bought some crazy things (like mung beans!). I usually (and am fortunate to be in the UK) do my grocery shopping online. You can compare the prices and watch what you are spending at the same time. I bought some broad beans/fava (I always wondered what fava beans where) beans thinking that they would be a good vegetable (and part of my try something new to see what I liked). 8 individual beans are 88 calories. Woah, thats not a lot of beans. I think Ill stick to cabbage next time.
    Bought some beef, weighed it out into single portions and stuck it in the freezer. Made a lovely vegetable stir fry with some slivers of beef and oyster and spring onion sauce. Not an every day meal but was lovely because I skipped lunch(I know Im bad). Stuck within my calories for the day so its ok to eat it and enjoy it.

After my 4 mile bike ride, my instructor asked if she could take some pictures of me as "one of her successes". After riding hard Im as red as beets, I kinda snuck out before she could take my pictures lol. She can have them next time when we start.

I love all the photographs that are being posted. The bling trees are awesome. I love them. I might go to the charity(thrift)shops and pick some bling out to make one. Penny@the pole your country is so beautiful I love seeing the scenery. Annr lovely picture of the DH in his kilt. Does he wear the clan tartan or just any tartan he likes? Tartan was the way clans were recognized each having their own unique pattern.

Heather, its much cooler in the North, we are at 27C. I agree with the thunderstorms tho, we def need one to clear out the air. People might think we are a bit wussy for talking about only 35C but the heat/cold here is different. I live in Canada for 6 months (the cold half of the year). In Canada the air is much drier so you dont feel the hot/cold as much. Its the humidity here that gets us whether its the cold biting wind or the hot fierce heat. I would not have it any other way though because I love the greenness it brings.

I do not know why I have so much positive energy today but I like it.
    Kate
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Marking my place...I've had my first nap of the night and will attempt more sleep after my next med intake at midnight.

Carol in NC