Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Omg, or that one time you shaved the goat then wrapped it in duct tape. That was so funny!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Just got back from xmas party .. don't really feel that well. I didn't even want to eat all that food, like deep fried cheese?? why for the love of all that is holy.. WHY? :/

Because you can and you like it!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Just got back from xmas party .. don't really feel that well. I didn't even want to eat all that food, like deep fried cheese?? why for the love of all that is holy.. WHY? :/

My tummy does not it seems though :(

Wait, omg! Did I just see you in a success story?! I feel like I should get your autograph or something. :laugh: Nicely done.

And I'm sorry your tummy doesn't want to cooperate.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Fried cheese......love fried camembert with cranberry sauce

• PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Or the dough wrapped baked brie with fruit and nuts....nommmmm....
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Or the dough wrapped baked brie with fruit and nuts....nommmmm....

That sounds delicious
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    What about getting it on thin crust? I can order from this one place a couple blocks away and if you get the veggie pizza on thin crust it's like barely over 100 calories I think

Maybe. Its just the toppings they have like cheeseburger pizza with all the works of a cheeseburger and a buffalo bacon ranch pizza lol. Full strips of bacon and all its grease. Its serious business lol
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

My tummy does not it seems though :(

Wait, omg! Did I just see you in a success story?! I feel like I should get your autograph or something. :laugh: Nicely done.

And I'm sorry your tummy doesn't want to cooperate.

It's indeed possible @PurringMyrrh ! I did post my before/afters in one thread in there .. and thank you. :p

@slimgirljo15 It was a pretty fancy place. They started it off with fried brie cheese w/ plum sauce, then the course was prime rib+mashed tatoes and fresh grilled veggies then the dessert was eggnog and rum cheesecake.

Omg..sounds so freaking delicious
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Love cheese. Love Brie. Love pizza. Grew up with a health nut dad for my teen years in Minnesota... Fried cheese curds at the Minnesota state fair were a revelation.

I've recently been doing battle with a Costco sized bag if Lindor chocolate truffles, which are currently being held hostage in my car until I release them into the custody of some other victim.

On a positive note, the great truffle war has sent me to the gym for the first time in months. A-hole elliptical from hell, here I come.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Oh yum those Lindor truffles are so yummy.

I love cheese too although at certain times my tolerance for cheese and other dairy products isn't very good and my sensitivity to them creeps up and tells me I should eat veggies. :blush: Nothing is better than a room temp triple cream brie though. With some baguette...yummy/

and @BeerdedBuddy that's the kind of pizza my husband likes. Makes me want to vomit sometimes it's just so greasy and salty.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Oh my god -- I missed the cheeseburger pizza above! Don't think I could handle that. Too serious for me!

Looking forward to Christmastime when I will indulge in some fancy cheeses. Last year we went to a nice French restaurant on Christmas Eve... Might do that again, plus will be hosting my brother who is a bit of a cheese snob. Any excuse for Brie, Camembert, cambazola, manchego, Gruyere, chèvre... Cheese snobs welcome.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Oh yum those Lindor truffles are so yummy.

I love cheese too although at certain times my tolerance for cheese and other dairy products isn't very good and my sensitivity to them creeps up and tells me I should eat veggies. :blush: Nothing is better than a room temp triple cream brie though. With some baguette...yummy/

and @BeerdedBuddy that's the kind of pizza my husband likes. Makes me want to vomit sometimes it's just so greasy and salty.

Actually the last time I had a spinach & tomato pizza with garlic, it was also salty but it's never been greasy & I don't recall it being salty before either. I mean I was just on day 3 of my attempt to lose weight, by consuming less calorie dense foods but I notice since eating healthier, my tolerance to not just salt & grease but also spice & mint has decreased. Even just regular A1 steak sauce, seems spicy to me & I am also going to have to start using children's toothpaste & mouthwash because I just can't deal with the intensity of the mint anymore, pertaining to the adult dental products.

I always get regular hand tossed pizza but I like my crust seasoned (like Domino's), otherwise if it's plain; I have to dip it in ranch dressing. So currently I just don't eat the plain crusts anymore. If @BeerdedBuddy you don't have to eat the crust, that'll save you; some calories.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    I know if I don't have lots of sugar my tolerance for anything sweet is pretty low. Like a normal orange juice would be too sweet but I think that's because I'm naturally sweet.

:neutral:
  • synchkat
    Options
    Sadly I've never lost my sugar tolerance. I grew up on a family with lots of high blood pressure so lots of stuff seems salty to me
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    I know if I don't have lots of sugar my tolerance for anything sweet is pretty low. Like a normal orange juice would be too sweet but I think that's because I'm naturally sweet.

:neutral:

Aw! :)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    Sadly I've never lost my sugar tolerance. I grew up on a family with lots of high blood pressure so lots of stuff seems salty to me

I never knew that're was a correlation between salt intake preference & HBP. For me I am hypoglycemic (low blood sugars) & as a child if someone would've offered me ice cream from the Mister Softee truck or broccoli with cheese, I'd take the broccoli with cheese. After puberty though, that changed somewhat.
  • synchkat
    Options

I never knew that're was a correlation between salt intake preference & HBP. For me I am hypoglycemic (low blood sugars) & as a child if someone would've offered me ice cream from the Mister Softee truck or broccoli with cheese, I'd take the broccoli with cheese. After puberty though, that changed somewhat.

Not a preference...just salt contributes to high blood pressure so when your parents and grandparents all have it, I don't, and you grow up with no salt on the table or in recipes you then notice it more just cause you're not used to it
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options

Not a preference...just salt contributes to high blood pressure so when your parents and grandparents all have it, I don't, and you grow up with no salt on the table or in recipes you then notice it more just cause you're not used to it

I see, I use Mrs. Dash currently myself; so I definitely notice & am sensitive to salt usage; when consuming whatever I didn't make but I grew up with using salt & pepper but mostly pepper (my preference), I made the choice to rarely use salt; to be healthier but luckily I always had normal BP.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm moving to a new neighborhood and asked some friends where the best pizza place was. The said there isn't one. The UWS in Manhattan? Is this true?

OMG that's tragic. We have no decent Chinese food.

btw @47Jacqueline didn't you have hand surgery or something recently? How's that recovery going?

@synchkat - I'm starting occupational therapy next week. :)
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Two things I stay away from adding to food I cook is salt & sugar.

And I usually don't eat crust @MondayJune22nd2015