• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    km8907 wrote: »
    @jamcdonel wrote: »
    I'm sitting at Starbucks listening to some men talk about a grow OP d a business plan for what they grow. They are planning a boutique brand

They have Starbucks in Canadia? Hmmm...I thought it was Timmy's only.

This Starbucks serves alcohol and fancy food in the evenings too. So we've super fancy Starbucks

There was a coffee shop at a hotel I stayed at once. Offered alcoholic coffee drinks too, awesome, went by after 5 and they were closed. Apparently they close at 10am...I may be on vacation but idk if I can start drinking before 10.

What?!! This serves the alcohol after 5 on Weekdays or 2 on weekends. And it's just beer and wine for now. Apparently it's a pilot project

We've had those in Georgia for at least 2 years. Not every Starbucks but a couple around me.

Ya there's like 2 here. I think it's a bit weird to say hey I'm going to starbucks for wine but they say it's popular
  • synchkat
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I mean you guys literally have "The Beer Store"

That's in Ontario only I think and at least you know what you're getting there.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    jnichel wrote: »
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    I confess. I'm 51 years old.
    And my idol and inspirations are:
    Orianthi
    https://youtu.be/VjXsAYzW6M4
    And Joan. And I have helped her many times, in my own little way. Last time I helped was 2014 But my husband still helps.
    https://youtu.be/8Ns1S7u1VYo
    I'm 51, and I still have the mentality of a 20 year old wanna be rocker. :*

I met Alice once, back in 2000. My VP of the company I was working for at the time invited all of the IT department to a block party that his neighborhood was throwing for Halloween. Turns out, it was Alice Cooper's neighborhood and he was the one throwing the party (I didn't know until after we got there).

I'm 48 and grow my goatee long to be like Scott Ian. lol

ihykjcoshiky.jpg

We did a show with Alice. Turlock Community Theatre. On my bosses birthday. Nov. 25th, 2014
    I didn't get to go, I held the fort down. But they had birthday cake. Guess someone in their clan likes quest bars. I nosed into the hospitality rider. Heheheee. :D Yes some of those things they keep private, and suprise you. Such a great suprise you had. :D

@jinchel I confess. My memory sucks. Not Turlock Community Theatre. The Bob Hope Theatre in Stockton. This one.
    https://youtu.be/STzODgY7hBk
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When I lost my virginity at 19, I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to latex. I didn't know what was happening and I began freaking out because thought I contracted an STD. The next day I went to my gyno and she busted out laughing when I told her what happened. She told me to take some Benadryl and gave me a prescription for birth control.

I too am allergic to latex. But I found out at the dentist when my face got all irritated from their gloves.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I confess I think I may have trained myself to look at the clock every day at 4:20 and I always say or think to myself "blaze it"
  • synchkat
    Options
    When I lost my virginity at 19, I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to latex. I didn't know what was happening and I began freaking out because thought I contracted an STD. The next day I went to my gyno and she busted out laughing when I told her what happened. She told me to take some Benadryl and gave me a prescription for birth control.

I too am allergic to latex. But I found out at the dentist when my face got all irritated from their gloves.

Can you guys eat bananas? I was told by a dietitian that my sensitivity to latex and to bananas are linked
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Options

Can you guys eat bananas? I was told by a dietitian that my sensitivity to latex and to bananas are linked

I don't like bananas, so I guess I can't really answer that.
  • synchkat
    Options

I just have sensitivities but I mentioned once about getting sores in my mouth from bananas and she was like I bet you are sensitive to latex I was like yup! Seems a weird link though
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Options
    Everyone always says how great bananas are, but I don't like them. No idea on the connection between bananas and latex other than a demonstration I saw in sex ed in high school...
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

I just have sensitivities but I mentioned once about getting sores in my mouth from bananas and she was like I bet you are sensitive to latex I was like yup! Seems a weird link though

I confess this made me curious so I looked it up. Apparently what people are allergic to in latex is a specific protein, and the proteins in bananas, avocados, chestnuts, kiwis, etc. are very similar in structure so you have a good chance of being allergic to those too.
  • synchkat
    Options

I confess this made me curious so I looked it up. Apparently what people are allergic to in latex is a specific protein, and the proteins in bananas, avocados, chestnuts, kiwis, etc. are very similar in structure so you have a good chance of being allergic to those too.

I think I'm ok with avocados but kiwi I don't do well with
    Weird the correlations
    and I don't have full blown allergies I was told I have sensitivities. so no major reactions just usually itching and rashes
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I've been waking up every night at 2:16am and I don't know why.

I read somewhere that waking up at night is one sign that you're getting enough sleep. Something about well rested people not needing to sleep straight through.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    km8907 wrote: »
    I confess that I sabotage myself and don't know why. Either at work or at weight loss. I'll be so close to being caught up and work then instead of finishing the last little bit I'll *kitten* around on the internet and let the work pile up again. Or once I've lost some weight I'll keep eating out instead of eating what I prepped.

I do the same thing, at Christmas time i was 3lbs from goal. Today I am 8.

Yeah, but those are a smokin' hot eight pounds.

I'm not too worried about it. Actually rethinking my goal number altogether. But you know when a girl gets a number in her head...

hmm a number...like 8...as in inches....wait what?!?!?!??!

A few years ago we had some structural damage at our house and the garage ceiling was sagging 3 inches.

My wife pointed out the issue and scheduled rhe repair.

I asked the contractor how much the ceiling was actually sagging.

At that point my wife stepped up and said: It was three inches; I know three inches when I see it.

The contractor looked at me and laughed.

*kitten*

Well, if she ever says to give 12 inches and make it hurt, screw her 4 times and punch her in the gut lol. Just kidding folks
  • synchkat
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I've been waking up every night at 2:16am and I don't know why.

like that exact time every night?
    does your furnace click on or something then maybe?