I called oatmeal cookies unhealthy and I got blasted - why?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    It can be more healthful in terms of nutrients, but food is not black and white. S

Oh yeah??? What about THIS!? That looks pretty black and white to me!

tumblr_inline_mkfd7147bQ1qz4rgp.jpg

racist.

moving on- why has no one addressed the fact that oats don't belong in cookies- it's more butter- and more chocolate chips. but not oats.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    It can be more healthful in terms of nutrients, but food is not black and white. S

racist.

moving on- why has no one addressed the fact that oats don't belong in cookies- it's more butter- and more chocolate chips. but not oats.

Point taken but he's more of a biracial cookie. Oatmeal does in fact belong in cookies look at the Quaker do you really think he got that happy just eating a bowl of oatmeal?! No it's because he discovered that he could turn horse food into cookies. Learn your history
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

racist.

I agree with this. I have tried a lot of "healthy" protein bar and other baked goods recipes with oats and man are they terrible. And the same calories as many others.
  • JoRocka
    Options

racist.

Point taken but he's more of a biracial cookie. Oatmeal does in fact belong in cookies look at the Quaker do you really think he got that happy just eating a bowl of oatmeal?! No it's because he discovered that he could turn horse food into cookies. Learn your history

that's a step up I suppose from horse food- but I'd rather skip that step entirely. I'm more of a chocolate with a side of chocolate kind of cookie person.

Well lies- I like boring fresh out of the oven chocolate chip coolies.

more lies.
    I'm lazy- I don't even let them cook first. #cookiedoughforlife
    #fatkidproblems
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    I would love that recipe if you are willing to share it! I have a whole can of pumpkin puree at home and I was trying to decide what to do with it.

Here you go:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463845704988/

I don't make it as paleo as the originator, replacing half the oat flour with wheat. It improves the durability of the pancake somewhat.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I have an oatmeal protein pancake that has replaced our regular recipe. It includes oatmeal flour, pumpkin puree, and protein powder. We have it with Greek Yogurt and fruit.

I would love that recipe if you are willing to share it!

I have a whole can of pumpkin puree at home and I was trying to decide what to do with it.

That's a lot healthier than what I do to get my kids to eat pumpkin. I mix 1 can of pumpkin puree with 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice and a box of white cake mix. Then I bake it in mini muffin tins. You can do the same with pumpkin and a box of chocolate cake mix and it makes chocolate muffins. I like to include peanut butter chips in the chocolate one.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Great job guys. Now I've switched from moderation to a cookie monster and it's all your fault. Stupid cookie conversation. WHY DO YOU ALL TRY TO SABOTAGE MY DIET?!?!?!?
    I can say one unfair advantage you have is the beard. Any crumbs or cookie pieces which miss your piehole you can comb them out and try again. And, yes, this thread is disturbing. I may need to visit 'the inner aisles of hell' tonight to grab some cookies. Be proud people. . . . . be so very proud!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Great job guys. Now I've switched from moderation to a cookie monster and it's all your fault. Stupid cookie conversation. WHY DO YOU ALL TRY TO SABOTAGE MY DIET?!?!?!?
    I can say one unfair advantage you have is the beard. Any crumbs or cookie pieces which miss your piehole you can comb them out and try again. And, yes, this thread is disturbing. I may need to visit 'the inner aisles of hell' tonight to grab some cookies. Be proud people. . . . . be so very proud!

You should try the Brownie Battered Oreo cookies, they are awesome and only limited edition, hurry. ;)
  • enterdanger
    Options
    Hey, I didn't get this fat being a lousy cook. It has it's downside too.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Boobs. there are boobs for that. sorry not sorry.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Apparently I'm the lazy person with pumpkin puree; I usually add it to pasta sauce for extra micros; you can't taste it at all.

But, the best pumpkin bread ever (I add ginger and double all the spices):
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-bread-iv/detail.aspx

And then everyone should turn it into this (I have received marriage proposals over this stuffing):
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ibbys-pumpkin-mushroom-stuffing/detail.aspx

Or, on a sweeter note, there's this too:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-dip/detail.aspx

ETA: I do not have a pumpkin problem...
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have an oatmeal protein pancake that has replaced our regular recipe. It includes oatmeal flour, pumpkin puree, and protein powder. We have it with Greek Yogurt and fruit.

I have a whole can of pumpkin puree at home and I was trying to decide what to do with it.

That's a lot healthier than what I do to get my kids to eat pumpkin. I mix 1 can of pumpkin puree with 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice and a box of white cake mix. Then I bake it in mini muffin tins. You can do the same with pumpkin and a box of chocolate cake mix and it makes chocolate muffins. I like to include peanut butter chips in the chocolate one.
    Great, now I need to stop on the way home and buy a chocolate cake mix LOL!! My can of pumpkin puree was just sitting there getting dusty.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Tape (two sided) gloves and an envelope. . . . .please and thank you. They are in the mail to you. . . . .and try not get any on the minion.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    If we've moved past cookies and into alternative uses for oats... I give you the amazing blueberry crumble recipe that I have made the last two weekends in my cast iron skillet...

http://natashaskitchen.com/2014/06/01/blueberry-crumble-recipe-extra-blueberries-le-creuset-giveaway/

• enterdanger
    Options

Great, now I need to stop on the way home and buy a chocolate cake mix LOL!! My can of pumpkin puree was just sitting there getting dusty.

at least you can be proud you are eating vegan or something. lol. My husband is lactose intolerant so it's awesome when I can make a baked good with no dairy or butter. Plus anything with only 2 ingredients is rad.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I'm doubly cursed. Between my beard and the calories I inhale while motor boating my wife, I'll never lose weight!

• JoRocka
    Options

I'm doubly cursed. Between my beard and the calories I inhale while motor boating my wife, I'll never lose weight!

fat for life- excuses for days!! I like it. You'll never have to ever try again- why bother!?!?!
  • enterdanger
    Options
    ugh. something about beards and motor boating that just don't mix for me.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

Well. That's easy for SOME people to say. Not all of us are so blessed =P

And damn this thread anyway. It's got me looking for my Speculoos cookie butter baked oatmeal recipe. I also have an absolutely wicked creme brulee oatmeal recipe, but I think I might be sent to healthy eating hell if I posted it.
    Whoa. Now that both of those have been mentioned, I need recipes/links. Thanks :smiley: