I called oatmeal cookies unhealthy and I got blasted - why?

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    ugh. something about beards and motor boating that just don't mix for me.

It's like a cleavage broom.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/old-fashioned-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/5fc2dae2-73b3-4440-957f-f409ecdff3fae54mm8hg46qo.jpg

I have made these a hundreds of times and they are very good. I think it's the molasses that makes them special
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    when I read your words while looking at your avatar, I feel like you are very proud of what you just said. lol.

Edited to add, this was meant for @tincanonastring
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

baw ha ha ha ha ha hysterical.
    my man had to shave his soul patch off- I was deeply upset by this. :( I do like me a touch of facial hair LOL

Also @queenliz99 holy crap those look good!!!
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    when I read your words while looking at your avatar, I feel like you are very proud of what you just said. lol.

Edited to add, this was meant for @tincanonastring

It's like you know me on a spiritual level!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    It can be more healthful in terms of nutrients, but food is not black and white. S

Oh yeah??? What about THIS!? That looks pretty black and white to me!

tumblr_inline_mkfd7147bQ1qz4rgp.jpg

racist.

moving on- why has no one addressed the fact that oats don't belong in cookies- it's more butter- and more chocolate chips. but not oats.

This is a very good point...

also peanut butter...
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

vaws4hqcycmn.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It can be more healthful in terms of nutrients, but food is not black and white. S

racist.

moving on- why has no one addressed the fact that oats don't belong in cookies- it's more butter- and more chocolate chips. but not oats.

This is a very good point...

also peanut butter...

cosign.

Coworker was telling my boss how to make some sort of nutella filled cookies. As I really don't like nutella- I wasn't interested- but it involved plopping dollops of nutella on wax paper and freezing them. Sounded like a crap load of work- but tasty at the end!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,004 Member
    Options
    Jamloche wrote: »
    Chocolate chip is the only cookie I officially recognize. All those other types are just what one eats when the chocolate chip cookies run out - not that I have a problem with those others. As a matter of fact, some of them are almost as good as chocolate chip. Almost. However, there is a particularly evil type of oatmeal cookie that has raisins in it ... looks like a chocolate chip cookie, but what a bitter bitter disappointment. Tastes like betrayal

These Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly "chocolatey to the point of madness." In fact, there is so much chocolate that I leave off 1 C of chips so I can add walnuts. I only cook what we are going to eat that day and hide the rest in my freezer.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/totally-chocolate-chocolate-chip-cookies-29
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :o oatmeal cookies unhealthy? lollllll I think I have the dirtiest diet ever in mfp history!

basically is either eat clean or stuff your face with junk? On the scale of one to even.. I just can't

seriously clean diet people get all the time their own threads and I respect that, I demand a thread for the proud dirty eater crowd soon #WhereAreYouPeople?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    :o oatmeal cookies unhealthy? lollllll I think I have the dirtiest diet ever in mfp history!

basically is either eat clean or stuff your face with junk? On the scale of one to even.. I just can't

seriously clean diet people get all the time their own threads and I respect that, I demand a thread for the proud dirty eater crowd soon #WhereAreYouPeople?

:)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Great job guys. Now I've switched from moderation to a cookie monster and it's all your fault. Stupid cookie conversation. WHY DO YOU ALL TRY TO SABOTAGE MY DIET?!?!?!?
    I can say one unfair advantage you have is the beard. Any crumbs or cookie pieces which miss your piehole you can comb them out and try again. And, yes, this thread is disturbing. I may need to visit 'the inner aisles of hell' tonight to grab some cookies. Be proud people. . . . . be so very proud!

Boobs. there are boobs for that. sorry not sorry.

I'm doubly cursed. Between my beard and the calories I inhale while motor boating my wife, I'll never lose weight!

[

Oh so you eat the cookie crumbs off of your beard and then use the milk to dunk it!
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I have an oatmeal protein pancake that has replaced our regular recipe. It includes oatmeal flour, pumpkin puree, and protein powder. We have it with Greek Yogurt and fruit.

I would love that recipe if you are willing to share it!

I have a whole can of pumpkin puree at home and I was trying to decide what to do with it.

That's a lot healthier than what I do to get my kids to eat pumpkin. I mix 1 can of pumpkin puree with 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice and a box of white cake mix. Then I bake it in mini muffin tins. You can do the same with pumpkin and a box of chocolate cake mix and it makes chocolate muffins. I like to include peanut butter chips in the chocolate one.
    Great, now I need to stop on the way home and buy a chocolate cake mix LOL!! My can of pumpkin puree was just sitting there getting dusty.

at least you can be proud you are eating vegan or something. lol. My husband is lactose intolerant so it's awesome when I can make a baked good with no dairy or butter. Plus anything with only 2 ingredients is rad.
    Guess I should have asked which size can you use

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    The 15oz can
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Oh hey, how do you guys call those? We call them Americans.
  • tincanonastring
    edited August 2015
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Great job guys. Now I've switched from moderation to a cookie monster and it's all your fault. Stupid cookie conversation. WHY DO YOU ALL TRY TO SABOTAGE MY DIET?!?!?!?
    I can say one unfair advantage you have is the beard. Any crumbs or cookie pieces which miss your piehole you can comb them out and try again. And, yes, this thread is disturbing. I may need to visit 'the inner aisles of hell' tonight to grab some cookies. Be proud people. . . . . be so very proud!

Boobs. there are boobs for that. sorry not sorry.

I'm doubly cursed. Between my beard and the calories I inhale while motor boating my wife, I'll never lose weight!

Oh so you eat the cookie crumbs off of your beard and then use the milk to dunk it!

Yeah, that's it!

lu.gif

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Azexas wrote: »
    I would love that recipe if you are willing to share it! I have a whole can of pumpkin puree at home and I was trying to decide what to do with it.

Here you go:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463845704988/

I don't make it as paleo as the originator, replacing half the oat flour with wheat. It improves the durability of the pancake somewhat.

Thanks!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    You can't call a food good or bad... It's different for each person and what their health goals are.
    Sure cookies include flour, sugar, butter, etc. and yes in the wrong portions all of these ingredients can be 'bad' for you, but it's all about the portion size and how often you are consuming it.
    My daily goal includes 45% carbs, 35% protein and 20% sugar. If I choose to have a cookie I know I'm consuming carbs and sugar, but those are not things I CAN'T have.. They are things I need to have in portions...
    Don't beat yourself up over a cookie... Being that you have issues with portion control, I'd say stay away from the cookies, but if you can get yourself to commit to just one once in a while then I don't see anything wrong with that :)

Sugar is a carb......
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Oh hey, how do you guys call those? We call them Americans.

I always just called them black and white cookies. Google returned a lot of images for it so I think I'm not alone in that!