Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    Nite peeps
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Joan- thanks! I feel the same way. On this thread it seems like we have been friends forever.

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Pilates Intermediate today. I can tell this really doesn't burn very many calories. The plan for tomorrow is to do one more segment on the abs DVD I have, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Made more of the chocolate bran muffins. Think I'll probably put a few in the refrig. I tell ya, this no-microwave stuff is getting old

Aliza - there are ladies who just joined a few days ago! Come on in!!!!! A one pound gain can be something as simple as you retaining water. As long as it isn't one pound today, one pound tomorrow and so on, I think you'll be fine.

Joyce - how nice of Michelle to make that meal for you. Wish she could be there more to help you

Kim - I'm really torn about inviting them for Christmas Eve dinner. With Andy's heroin past, when they've been here before we've avoided taking them into the detached garage. All of Vince's music equipment is there along with his trains. Now with andy's medical problems, he might very well be having financial problems. I just don't know. I don't think they've ever been downstairs where Vince has his CD collection and all the NASCAR things. But then there is the part of me that wants to make them feel "at home", but the other side of me wants to support my husband. I'm going to run it by Jess first. Another thing, from talking to Amanda she's still looking for a job. To my knowledge Andy doesn't have a job (I honestly question who would hire him with all his medical issues), how are they paying rent? Terrible as this may sound, it would be so easy to just steal something, pawn it, and use that money for rent. I know, I know, that's terrible. But the thought crosses my mind and I know that that's on Vince's mind, too.

Matties - welcome, come back often for lots of great advice.

Penny - thank you for taking the time to tell us all about the mutton cabbage stew party. What interesting reading!

CynthiaT - congrats on passing!

Lisa - what a big heart you have taking in those cats. You won't regret it for a minute. How adorable they are!

Miriam - hope she's better fast

Sylvia - so glad to hear that Bruno is doing better

DJ - I've always heard that "guests, like fish, start to smell after 3 days". Now my inlaws would stay for a week, but I do admit that by the end of the week they were ready to go home. I don't think I've ever seen cinnamon chips in the stores. Count me in on wanting to meet Heather in person (she can even cook for us!!!) So sorry you're allergic to cats. You know something, a friend of ours is allergic to cats yet when she comes to our house she doesn't have any problem. Don't ask me to explain that one.

I'm glad that I did pilates today. I can tell that my muscles needed to relax, my chest muscle is somewhat tight, so are my triceps, and the muscle at the top of the thigh right where it meets the torso is tight. I just needed a day of low intensity.

MNMargaret - so sorry about your aunt. Boy, you've been busy with celebrations, too

Vince's back has been hurting him all day. This morning when I finished exercising, he was at his computer. Strange, since he's the one who likes to sleep. Said that his back was hurting. This afternoon we were supposed to go to this film showing of a Newcomer's son who has CP. He didn't go but I did. It's amazing the transformation after he got hooked up with this choreographer. He's no longer awkward. As a matter of fact, I saw him in the hallway (didn't know it was him) and there was no way I could have told you he had any kind of disability. It's truly amazing, he's so much more aware of his body now. Anyway, Vince just said that he doesn't think he'll be going to bowling tomorrow and he hopes he'll be able to go to his cardiologist appt at 3:30. I'll probably bowl.

blanky - I totally agree with Penny. It's so sweet of you to want to help your mother, but nothing will happen until SHE wants it to happen. Let her know that you'll be there and will help her when she asks for it. Yes, have her come in here. Even if she isn't losing right now, she might get the motivation to do it.

katla - I had no idea you can drive with just one eye! I like lamb, too, only it's soo expensive! How great that your teacher trusted you so very much.

pip - looks so much better than before! Glad Kirby is learning how to do a ponytail. Hey, he might have another career as a hairstylist....lol

CynthiaT - so glad you had such a good time at the concert

Vince just told me that Jess called while I was at the film showing but he didn't tell her about his back. If he had, knowing her, she'd be here tomorrow.

Becca - you remind me of that show where the neighbor was always behind the fence. The name of the show escapes me right now.

Joyce in SD - so glad you came out from behind the curtain. Post whenever you can, no set time limit. Tell us more about this MED you're going for

Manry from MN - "sling bling"...cute

Traci in WI - great you got good news. Share?

terri in Milwaukee - congrats to your son

MNMargaret - prayers for your brother

Joan in Alabama - Jess says that her cat is better than her alarm clock. You can't hit a "snooze" button with the cat right in your face.

Michele in NC
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Here is what I made last week. Today I switched to yellow.

Mia in MI

u1y0c0gb0nh7.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Michele- my niece is very allergic to cats but she takes Benadryl before she visits my DD's since she has 2 cats and it helps for an overnight visit. My DH takes Claritin D before going for a visit to keep symptoms at bay.
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Here is what I made last week. Today I switched to yellow.
    Mia

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Mary from Minnesota
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Tracie great attitude. Good Luck tomorrow

Spent afternoon with uncle and cousins. My aunt will be missed.

Prayers tomorrow for my DB as he goes in for cancer surgery at around 7:30 a.m. Central Standard time. With everything else going on I don't know if I mentioned this or not. I told the staff at my mom's nursing home I don't feel like a sandwich more like a pancake. Barbie's advice of staying in the moment is helping me see my way through this time. I also find something to be joyful everyday. Today I sat and petted my cousin's dog for a half and hour. Bliss. Now if I can find that choir that ignites my joy of singing that also would help and all the more reason to leave the other choir director behind.

:heart: MNMargaret

Absolutely will add your DB to my prayers. Being a cancer survivor and having undergone many surgeries related to it, I know all too well the anxiety involved. Sending you (((hugs))). ❤️
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mia, those are lovely!
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    35zjbsm58byj.jpg

:) Welcome back to those of you who have been posting on this thread and welcome to those of you who are joining us now.

The name of the thread is Women Ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

How did you do with your goals and resolutions for August?
    What goals and resolutions have you planned for September?

Please sign your post with your name or an alias and a location (general or specific) so we can get to know each other better.

And don't forget to bookmark this new thread so you can find it again.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif

August Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
    *walk 15,000 steps a day (more than that every day except the last day of the month)
    *drink 9 glasses a water a day (every day)
    *weight training twice a week(eight times this month)
    *thoroughly clean guest room (finished)
    *thoroughly organize linen closet (finished)
    *speak up--don't sulk (I didn't realize how often I sulked when I thought I was being "a good sport" by not complaining---I also realized how much tone of voice matters) This was a great goal for me.

September resolutions
    *walk an average of 15,000+ steps a day
    *drink 9 glasses of water a day
    *strength training twice a week
    *15 minutes a day organizing photo files on computer and phone
    * meditate for five minutes four or more days a week

excellent goals and achievement. inspiring!!
  • snavemom
    snavemom Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It seems this is where the action is for us older gals. I have started back, today on fitness pal after being off for awhile. I am losing weight for my health. I am married, from northern California, 61 1/2 years old, 5'4 and 166 lbs. I'm small boned and have never been so heavy. I'm okay, if I don't look like I did when I was 20, or 30, or even 40. I don't expect to. I just want to be healthy and whatever exterior benefits come from being healthier, then I'm for it.

MY body aches all over and I have a bad back - (L3 and L4) and sciatica. I have high cholesterol -(genetic) and I am a tad below normal on my kidney blood tests this past week. I'm not diabetic, my liver is fine, and my blood pressure is in the low/normal range all the time. 118/60.

My sister died Sept 8 at age 56. I just want to live a long healthy life. It's possible. My aunt is 96 years young and still climbs ladders! (Although the nurses yelled at her) LOL.

Well that's it. Just thought I would be bold and chime in....have a nice evening.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    I just got a kiss under the lunar eclipse! :blush:
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Margaret ... Will be praying ...
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Me too! It was pretty interesting to watch.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oh, Mia, all the glass is gorgeous. How very talented you are. I love the green. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Mia stunning glass.

Thanks for the prayers.

Time to get ready for bed. Nite.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • jmok01
    jmok01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Miriam: We're just a small mom & pop rental place - 2 buildings consisting of 17 apartments. We live in the 18th one but it is quite large. I know there are a lot of federal/state requirements for low income units, but since our apartments aren't low income, I'm sorry, but I don't know much about the details relating to that. I think the best advice I can give is to find your state or regional Fair Housing organization and see if they offer any training sessions. Ours is in North Dakota and they offer annual 1 day training about 1 hour from where I live. It's been quite a few years since I've gone, so I should probably go for a refresher. Managing a small unit can be challenging as you need to know the same Laws & regs as the big guys, but you may not have as many resources to staff informed. Sorry I can’t be more help.

Michele in NC: Most of the coursework for my MED has been online. Because of my work obligations and the cost of online classes, I took them one at a time. So instead of getting done in 2 years like many do, I’m stretching it out over 5-6 years. About a year ago I experienced some burn out, and haven’t made much progress since then but have continued to carry the stress of missed deadlines and undone work. But if I don’t finished by May, my credits will start to expire and I’ll have to take additional courses. So, I need to finish my internship, a capstone project (which also serves as the written exam), and the oral exam. I hope to be done by the end of February, but NEED TO STOP PROCRASTINATING!! In April I was promoted to my current position because I was so close to completing, so not finishing is not an option. If it weren’t for the last minute I wouldn’t get anything done. :frown:

Prayers for all who can use them.

Joyce in SD
    Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill

10296044.png
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

How many watched this eve?? Couldn't believe the people taking pictures, great fun!! Next blood moon 2033. Margaret: sorry about your aunt, hard to lose a love one at anyage. Mount Olivet has a wonderful choir, always looking for new members!! Mary: love the pictures, fun to see different areas!! Mia: love the glass, do u sell any?? Pip: looks like it hurts, glad that's behind you!! Time for bed , thanks for the chats! Gayle Minneapolis
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Sylvia, glad Bruno seems better. How about you? I sure hope you are too.

MNMargaret, so sorry to hear about your Aunt. (((Hugs)))

Vicki, I’m happy that Lee is doing well. It has to be such a hard adjustment. I agree that it’s good that she is going to the grief class. Thanks for the prayers. We all need them. I do the same.

Meg, glad you had a good day. The pumpkin bread sounds yummy.

Katla, you know “WE” nearly all overeat at the holidays, or at least used to. You are right, too, that we should all avoid driving when visibility is bad for whatever reason. Today a good friend was telling me about going out last night and her windows kept fogging up so she couldn’t see. I really worry about her driving at night any time. What a wonderful day at your riding lesson!!! I know you had to enjoy that. Woo Hoo

Pip, you are lookin’ good! How are you feeling? Nice décor on the sling.

IrishTerri, how nice your visit sounds with your DD and DGS1. How far is her house from yours?

Heather, so glad you are having nice weather.

SDJoyce, welcome. We don’t mind that you lurked a bit to start with. As you have seen, this is a great place for support. Please do come often and post whenever you feel like it. Glad to have you.

Karen NY, it sounds like a great day, not to mention healthy. Keep up the good work.

Tracie, so glad you got good news at the doctor! You have the right attitude on the review. Grin and bear it and move on. Glad you are where you should be now.

Miriam, glad it wasn’t strep but sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Get better soon.

MNMargaret, I’m glad you got some down time petting the dog today. Will send up prayers for your DB. I know it wasn’t an easy day for you. ((((Hugs))))
    Michele, no matter why you have doubts about having Andy as a house guests, if you and Vince both are uncomfortable about it, then I say don’t invite them to stay. That sounds like neither of you would be comfortable in your own home. That’s just MHO.

Mia, pretty, pretty glass. How cool that you do that!!! Thanks for sharing.

Snavemom, welcome. You chimed in just right. We like to hear about you to help us get to know you. Now we just ask that you sign each post with the name you want us to call you. Come often and join right in.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

As predicted it is very cloudy tonight but we were still able to see the moon. It was about 7/8 into the eclipse. Pretty cool.

Sending the best thoughts to all of you and I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling the last few days with wanting to eat non-stop, think its just kinda stress, been a rough weekend. Tomorrow I will go get a mani/pedi, got my hair cut Friday, want to have everything in order cuz it will be hard to go do much sitting for a few weeks after surgery. I've got the laundry and house taken care of, grocery shopping done and got some really easy things for Jack to do that I'll eat (don't want beanie weenies every night) lol. Luckily by the time I get home from the hospital on Friday, it won't be but a few days before I'll be able to take the kitchen back.

Hugs to all,
    Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well from one Joyce to another, hello and welcome! There was another Joyce that was here for a little bit but she hasn't been seen in many a moon.

Lisa, I want those kitties!!!!!!! Kittens, puppies, baby polar bears, baby elephants, anything baby are so cute when they are young. Then they have to grow up!!!! My hair dresser has a Golden Doodle and she was so precious when she was a little puppy. She is still a puppy now but an entire lap full.

I think it ws Sylvia that posted the video. Hilarious!!!! That poor bird on the end. It looked like our children probably do when we decide to dance a jog and they just want to hide under a bed! Well maybe not so much now but when they were teenagers maybe. I loved it when the one just put that leg up and said GO AWAY!

Got my phone today. Got a Galaxy S 5 I know I don't need that much phone but I loved the camera and other features and the cheaper ones I didn't like. Michelle got the same one as I just in white where mine is black. We will personalize them more with whatever cover we buy. A brand new store opened up this weekend called 5 Below where every thing is $5 and we got several covers and our protective cover for the front. So I have been busy putting in all my passwords, etc in and discovering some new things I didn't have memory to have for my othr phone. Charlie didn't like it when I told him what I will be paying but when we broke down what I had to pay for my no contract phone and my monthly fee, it is pretty well exactly the same. my son in law who is the techy and Apple addict said that he would have liked for me to get an iPhone but since I did not then the Samsung Galaxy is the next best thing. The S6 would have been about $10 more a month and I just couldn't justify that.

Charlie is about the same. Did eat at Hacienda tonight and he did OK. He loaded himself up on all his anti diarrhea an anti gas medicine before he left and it held him until we got home. He was going to get a burrito and white bean chili but decided on just a bowl of the chili instead and ate it all and enjoyed it. He used to be a huge salsa eater, scooper, but has no taste for it now. Blood pressure still up and down which bothers him. So that will be my report tomorrow when I make my report back to the doctors office. Charlie, even though he doesn't want to go back to the hospital, is willing to go back to find out why his blood pressure is like this and see why he isn't eating. He won't accept my answer that the eating is due to the meningitis and he is just going to have to wait. Oh, he did shave! First time in about 20 days.

Joyce, Indiana