WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Looking wonderful Janet (OKC)! You look great in that outfit and I love your haircut. I like and wear my hair short also. :) My profile pic was my latest attempt at growing it out. It's short again.

Cheri NE Ohio
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Janetr7476 Wow! Congratulations on your transformation.

<3 Rosie
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Janet, you look lovely and elegant!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Cheri - Tkank you I just got it cut again for my hospital stay. I like it short. I don't have to spend much time on it. I love your hair style and tried doing that, but it just never looked good on me.

Rosie - thank you. I feel so much better. A whole new lease on life. I don't want to waste a minute of it.

Miriam thanks, was concerned about it being too "young" for me.

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Janetr - you look awesome! You are an inspiration. Thanks for posting the pictures.

I see Pip had her surgery and is on the mend. Good going!

Other than that I can say that I have been trying to catch up with all of you. So, bear with me.

Today I was busy with financial stuff. We are in the process of deciding when I will retire and whether it will be part of full time. Frankly, it takes a lot of planning and I have been down with the flu for a while, so am keeping any decision making until I feel better.

Two birthdays coming up the next week and we will likely all end up here for brunch on Saturday. It will be great to hang out with the kids and grandbabies. All I want is my energy back now to pull it off.

Have a great evening, ladies.

♥Renny
    PS. "Eat less from a box, and more from the earth"
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    This is from this afternoon.

Love to all, take care of you and I thank you all for your support and kindness.

Janetr OKC

You look great! The outfit is perfect! I will be praying for you that your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery!

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    :)janetr, I'll be walking dogs tomorrow morning when you go for surgery so the dogs and I will think good thoughts for you. I know about your transformation but the pictures made it very real. You look perfect in your short hair and slim clothes. You would fit right in with my line dance class of women in their 60's, 70's, and 80's.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Janetr ... You look wonderful and the outfit is spot on!

Has anyone heard from YannieJannie??
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Renny - than you so much.

Mary, thanks and I appreciate the prayers.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    jyq75cs6a5rv.jpg

Love to all, take care of you and I thank you all for your support and kindness.

Janetr OKC

Wow Janetr- u look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    BARBIE thank you so much and give the doggies hugs for the good thots. :)

Beth Awe so Nice of you, thanks.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mary love the time lapsed photo. It was a spectacular sight.

Janetr prayers for you as you have your surgery. You look terrific.

Beth sorry that happened to your son. Scary.

Rita good to see you. Hope things are going better.

Mikesmom a moment of Zen. Thank you for sharing.

Terri Breathing, breathing, breathing.

Surgery for my DB went well. Lab results will take about a week. I do know the longer it takes you to hear the better. He had surgery for cancer today.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Janetr, wow oh wow, you look terrific. That outfit is absolutely not too young for you.

Beth, wow oh wow, for a totally different reason. So glad your son is okay. What a weird and scary experience.

Love the wedding pictures, new Terri. The tables are very elegant.

Cynthia, I'm sorry you are in pain and for the news about your mom. I've been skimming a lot trying to catch up and missed why you are in pain. Hope it is not too serious.

Big howdy to the rest of you. No more time to comment.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Janetr OKC

Janet, you look FABULOUS! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing and giving me inspiration to keep trying. I love that outfit on you. Not too young at all. Very stylish. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good eve,all.
    Pip,your shoulder is already looking much better. Wishing you a great recovery

.Janetr ,best of luck tomorrow. Sorry for the loss of friends.Love your pics.My hair is short,but flat.....The only part of me that is flat :'(

Beth.....so glad your son was ok.

Joyce,happy to hear your DH is better.

Hugs & prayers for those who need them.

We have several times of eating out this wk. Thurs is DH's BD,Sat is DD's Welcome Fall,BD's & Halloween party.Then we will be good till the Holidays.

Have skimmed thru the mail,but not going to ans much.....just too far behind to catch up.
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi peeps-
    Had to take a pain pill today. Janetr, u look so beautiful. Sorry I haven't addressed or responded to everyone's posts, I will get better.

One thing I always meant to mention was regarding grandmallie's profile name. The first time I saw it I was pronouncing it, grand mallie. Not until VERY recently, she was meaning it to be, grandma b]allie[/b]. I never connected it because I don't remember anyone's real name, I only remember everyone here by their profile name. ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!! So your name for me is the way I originally of it. I hate hen pecking, it's taking me so long.

Something funny happened to me yesterday. I had to go to the bathroom and pee. I was pulling down my pants and I thought I had them down far enough but I guess I didn't. You guessed it, I accidentally peed on the backside of my pants, so when I pulled them up I felt a little warmth! Lololol. I am sure that is very common when u are doing something with one hand.

Today is the first real day of me not doing anything, except going to the gym, then going to a store to get hair clips to see if that will b easier for Kirby to tie up my hair.

Someone also mentioned my mom shipping us tamales. They r coming from California and she freezes them b4 shipping them, they make it here fine. Kirby and I can't wait. I am eating up this long overdue motherly love.

Type to ya later! Love u all for your continuing love support and kind words.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's walk around Walden Pond where Henry David Thoreau spent 2 solitary years writing.

Thanks for sharing! What a beautiful place! We moved to town last December after living in the middle of the woods for several years. I really miss the country and the beautiful trails. I miss being close to the bay of Green Bay. I love seeing these nature pictures. Having neighbors right next to me on all sides is taking me some getting used to!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    vehiocoioqf5.jpeg

July 26,1997, at one of the MS150 bike rides. Kirby is 42 with Judd, his biking friend who later became his best man at our wedding. We were living in Indiana at that time, I volunteered that year, I was in no shape to ride back then.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    JanetR - I think that outfit looks good on you. What an inspirational picture.
  • snavemom
    snavemom Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Barbie,

Thanks for your reply.

1 year old black lab named LayDee
    1 year old Susie (in window)
    15 year old Miss Buster

I love watching the standard poodles run, at the dog park, so graceful. Our black lab just turned 1 and she's been a joy and a handful but that's what puppies do. She has terrorized our older cat, to where she won't come out of one of the bedrooms. Crazy life we have, having to always make sure the dog is somewhere else, so we can smuggle the cat inside. 1 year old Susie, though has had to put Laydee in her place several times. I guess Miss Buster has had it with dogs. Our German shepherd passed last year and they loved each other.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Debby from Northern California