Sugar withdrawal

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg
    It seems to me that people who insist sugar is an actual physical addiction, tend to do so because it removes them from taking any personal responsibility for their eating behavior, by allowing them to assume the helpless victim role, instead. I've also noticed that this "it's not my fault!" attitude prevails amongst those who are unsuccessful in achieving and maintaining weight loss.

Just my opinion and observations, to which I am entitled. :)

Wow. That seems like a huge assumption and sweeping generalization. I find such assumptions and sweeping generalizations, especially about people's character, to be really unhelpful. In fact, I find them to be the start of many unnecessary fights here on MFP as many can take offense at such characterization.

Why do you feel the need to characterize people in such a negative light?

@lindsey1979
    I have to agree with you, why do people have to characterize others in such a negative light?

Please don't attack me and bring up things from other posts, especially when you're doing it so unfairly out of context. I could argue with you about how big of a misrepresentations is, but then this ugly cycle will never end. I'm not attacking you, please don't do it to me.

Why do you feel the need to start fights over and over again? Please stop this.

So you're saying you're the victim, here?

How are things ever going to change if this behavior continues?

I haven't attacked any of you -- and yet 5 of you piled on me from things in an old post, which is taken grossly out of context (as you all well know). The original poster has done it under a brand new name, probably so he/she can avoid censure by the moderators. I could attack you back and get into a big fight about how unfair and cruel of this is of you all, but I don't want to continue the ugly, dysfunctional cycle, so I'm asking you all to please stop needlessly attacking me.

Would it be fair if we asked others to stop posting bad info then they wouldn't feel like they where being " attacked " ?
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    @lindsey1979 you do not have to plead with them. In any event it would not help. You have seen the behavior on here over and over. You are strong, smart, and articulate. <3<3
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    No. Just no. There is nothing wrong with sugar.

Agreed. But that ostrich is downright hilarious terrifying.

FTFY :smirk:

Definitely nothing wrong with sugar, though.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg
    It seems to me that people who insist sugar is an actual physical addiction, tend to do so because it removes them from taking any personal responsibility for their eating behavior, by allowing them to assume the helpless victim role, instead. I've also noticed that this "it's not my fault!" attitude prevails amongst those who are unsuccessful in achieving and maintaining weight loss.

Wow. That seems like a huge assumption and sweeping generalization. I find such assumptions and sweeping generalizations, especially about people's character, to be really unhelpful. In fact, I find them to be the start of many unnecessary fights here on MFP as many can take offense at such characterization.

@lindsey1979
    I have to agree with you, why do people have to characterize others in such a negative light?

Please don't attack me and bring up things from other posts, especially when you're doing it so unfairly out of context. I could argue with you about how big of a misrepresentations is, but then this ugly cycle will never end. I'm not attacking you, please don't do it to me.

I haven't attacked any of you -- and yet 5 of you piled on me from things in an old post, which is taken grossly out of context (as you all well know). The original poster has done it under a brand new name, probably so he/she can avoid censure by the moderators. I could attack you back and get into a big fight about how unfair and cruel of this is of you all, but I don't want to continue the ugly, dysfunctional cycle, so I'm asking you all to please stop needlessly attacking me.

Would it be fair if we asked others to stop posting bad info then they wouldn't feel like they where being " attacked " ?

If you disagree with someone's info, then state your reasons for it respectfully. Reasonable people can disagree -- respectfully. If someone is accusing you of attacking them, then perhaps you need to evaluate your style and consider whether it could be viewed in such a way.

I have no problem with people that disagree -- in fact, I appreciate it because that's how I learn. But, people that needlessly attack or denigrate people to start fights -- just as happened on this thread to me by 6 of you, yeah, I'd like that sort of behavior to stop. It makes these boards an unpleasant place for all of us.

I'm trying to lead by example and not just attack you back in defense of myself.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

I haven't attacked any of you -- and yet 6 (Sohypocritical, snickerscharlie, SLRunner, queenliz99, PeachyCarol and Thorsmom01) of you piled on me from things in an old post, which is taken grossly out of context (as you all well know). The original poster (Sohypocritical) has done it under a brand new name, probably so he/she can avoid censure by the moderators under his/her original name. I could attack you back and get into a big fight about how unfair and cruel of this is of you all, but I don't want to continue the ugly, dysfunctional cycle, so I'm asking you all to please stop needlessly attacking me.

You've attacked me. See above. You didn't even do me the courtesy of properly reading what I wrote in context of the conversation before slinging insults. That's your standard MO towards anyone who doesn't agree with you.

• emhunter
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    @lindsey1979 you do not have to plead with them. In any event it would not help. You have seen the behavior on here over and over. You are strong, smart, and articulate. <3<3

Oh shut up, go have your PCOS and insulin circle jerk in patheticville. Party of 2

For all that don't know what attacking is...here it is. Picking on people with medical issues is low. I hope the rest of you see how ugly this is.
  • lindsey1979
    Options

Thank you, emhunter. I'm just hoping to change the dynamic. Fighting fire with fire hasn't been very successful and is against the forum's rules, so now I'm respectfully asking them to not continue such ugly behavior. There are at least two people with brand new screen names, so I highly doubt that's a coincidence. I wonder who they really are...

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

If you disagree with someone's info, then state your reasons for it respectfully. Reasonable people can disagree -- respectfully. If someone is accusing you of attacking them, then perhaps you need to evaluate your style and consider whether it could be viewed in such a way.

I have no problem with people that disagree -- in fact, I appreciate it because that's how I learn. But, people that needlessly attack or denigrate people to start fights -- just as happened on this thread to me by 6 of you, yeah, I'd like that sort of behavior to stop. It makes these boards an unpleasant place for all of us.

I'm trying to lead by example and not just attack you back in defense of myself.
    You mean "respectful" like telling someone to keep taking pictures of himself in the bathroom and leave the discussion to the literate people? That's a heck of an example you set.

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Oh shut up, go have your PCOS and insulin circle jerk in patheticville. Party of 2

For all that don't know what attacking is...here it is. Picking on people with medical issues is low. I hope the rest of you see how ugly this is.

Yet you're totally fine with the person telling others they're ignorant and insulting their profile pictures.
  • lindsey1979
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

I haven't attacked any of you -- and yet 6 (Sohypocritical, snickerscharlie, SLRunner, queenliz99, PeachyCarol and Thorsmom01) of you piled on me from things in an old post, which is taken grossly out of context (as you all well know). The original poster (Sohypocritical) has done it under a brand new name, probably so he/she can avoid censure by the moderators under his/her original name. I could attack you back and get into a big fight about how unfair and cruel of this is of you all, but I don't want to continue the ugly, dysfunctional cycle, so I'm asking you all to please stop needlessly attacking me.

You've attacked me. See above. You didn't even do me the courtesy of properly reading what I wrote in context of the conversation before slinging insults. That's your standard MO towards anyone who doesn't agree with you.

I didn't attack you. I disagreed with the sweeping generalizations and assumptions post -- and I did so in a respectful way. I didn't say anything nasty to you AT ALL.

• emhunter
    Options

Thank you, emhunter. I'm just hoping to change the dynamic. Fighting fire with fire hasn't been very successful and is against the forum's rules, so now I'm respectfully asking them to not continue such ugly behavior. There are at least two people with brand new screen names, so I highly doubt that's a coincidence. I wonder who they really are...

Right responding how I normally would in real life is against the rules. So unlike some, I don't do it. Good for you by taking the high road
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

I didn't attack you. I disagreed with the sweeping generalizations and assumptions post -- and I did so in a respectful way. I didn't say anything nasty to you AT ALL.

Are you for real? You called her ignorant, that her assertions are ridiculous and that she doesn't even know that. How in the 7 hells is that respectful?
  • emhunter
    Options

Oh and yes I see the fake new usernames. If it makes them feel better, more power to them.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

Well if that's how you learn, you still have plenty of learning to do.

Spreading misinformation on here pollutes this community. There are newcomers that lurk these threads , desperately seeking information . the last thing I would want , is for a newcomer to read bad info and think it's correct . so many of us make it a point to point out any misinformation so it will be easier for any newcomers to see what's good info and what isn't.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Y'all need Jesus
  • lindsey1979
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

You mean "respectful" like telling someone to keep taking pictures of himself in the bathroom and leave the discussion to the literate people? That's a heck of an example you set.

Once again, I'm asking you all to stop bringing up things from other posts. I could bring up plenty of examples for most, if not all, of you. I'm not trying to start fights; I'm trying to stop this ugly dynamic from repeating itself over and over again.

Please STOP bringing up things from old posts and attacking me with them.

This discussion has been closed.