Options
12345679»

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    "Your Honor,
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg
    It seems to me that people who insist sugar is an actual physical addiction, tend to do so because it removes them from taking any personal responsibility for their eating behavior, by allowing them to assume the helpless victim role, instead. I've also noticed that this "it's not my fault!" attitude prevails amongst those who are unsuccessful in achieving and maintaining weight loss.

Just my opinion and observations, to which I am entitled. :)

Wow. That seems like a huge assumption and sweeping generalization. I find such assumptions and sweeping generalizations, especially about people's character, to be really unhelpful. In fact, I find them to be the start of many unnecessary fights here on MFP as many can take offense at such characterization.

Why do you feel the need to characterize people in such a negative light?

@lindsey1979
    I have to agree with you, why do people have to characterize others in such a negative light?

Please don't attack me and bring up things from other posts, especially when you're doing it so unfairly out of context. I could argue with you about how big of a misrepresentations is, but then this ugly cycle will never end. I'm not attacking you, please don't do it to me.

Why do you feel the need to start fights over and over again? Please stop this.

So you're saying you're the victim, here?

How are things ever going to change if this behavior continues?

I haven't attacked any of you -- and yet 6 (Sohypocritical, snickerscharlie, SLRunner, queenliz99, PeachyCarol and Thorsmom01) of you piled on me from things in an old post, which is taken grossly out of context (as you all well know). The original poster (Sohypocritical) has done it under a brand new name, probably so he/she can avoid censure by the moderators under his/her original name. I could attack you back and get into a big fight about how unfair and cruel of this is of you all, but I don't want to continue the ugly, dysfunctional cycle, so I'm asking you all to please stop needlessly attacking me.

You've attacked me. See above. You didn't even do me the courtesy of properly reading what I wrote in context of the conversation before slinging insults. That's your standard MO towards anyone who doesn't agree with you.

I didn't attack you. I disagreed with the sweeping generalizations and assumptions post -- and I did so in a respectful way. I didn't say anything nasty to you AT ALL.

Are you for real? You called her ignorant, that her assertions are ridiculous and that she doesn't even know that. How in the 7 hells is that respectful?

I did nothing of the sort on this thread -- go back and read my words. I specifically said:

"Wow. That seems like a huge assumption and sweeping generalization. I find such assumptions and sweeping generalizations, especially about people's character, to be really unhelpful. In fact, I find them to be the start of many unnecessary fights here on MFP as many can take offense at such characterization.

Why do you feel the need to characterize people in such a negative light?"

There was no calling anyone ignorant or ridiculous. You're referencing some other older thread where there obviously was a fight. I'm trying to stop that dynamic from continuing. So, please stop attacking me. I haven't attacked your or anyone else on this thread.

So you're a completely different person now than you were a few days ago?

You've seen the light? Reborn?

I'm trying a new strategy to combat the ugliness. I could continue to engage in the ugly cycle and attack you back -- as I have done in the past. Unlike some here, I can be honest and admit that. Do I think it was appropriate? Yes, frankly. I think sometimes that's the best way to deal with bullies.

But, I also recognize that (1) it has not been very effective overall (as evidenced by this thread) and (2) it's against the forum rules. So, I'm trying a new strategy.

I'm trying to be the change I'd like to see on this these threads -- so instead of attacking you back (it's what 8 on 1 or 2 now?), I'm asking you all to stop attacking me. I've done nothing on this thread that is mean or nasty, but several of you have brought up fights from old threads and piled on me. I'm asking you to stop that -- to let bygones be bygones and act kindly and decently to each other.
    Maybe stop scolding other people, then, and post on topic.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg
    It seems to me that people who insist sugar is an actual physical addiction, tend to do so because it removes them from taking any personal responsibility for their eating behavior, by allowing them to assume the helpless victim role, instead. I've also noticed that this "it's not my fault!" attitude prevails amongst those who are unsuccessful in achieving and maintaining weight loss.

Wow. That seems like a huge assumption and sweeping generalization. I find such assumptions and sweeping generalizations, especially about people's character, to be really unhelpful. In fact, I find them to be the start of many unnecessary fights here on MFP as many can take offense at such characterization.

@lindsey1979
    I have to agree with you, why do people have to characterize others in such a negative light?

Please don't attack me and bring up things from other posts, especially when you're doing it so unfairly out of context. I could argue with you about how big of a misrepresentations is, but then this ugly cycle will never end. I'm not attacking you, please don't do it to me.

I haven't attacked any of you -- and yet 6 (Sohypocritical, snickerscharlie, SLRunner, queenliz99, PeachyCarol and Thorsmom01) of you piled on me from things in an old post, which is taken grossly out of context (as you all well know). The original poster (Sohypocritical) has done it under a brand new name, probably so he/she can avoid censure by the moderators under his/her original name. I could attack you back and get into a big fight about how unfair and cruel of this is of you all, but I don't want to continue the ugly, dysfunctional cycle, so I'm asking you all to please stop needlessly attacking me.

You've attacked me. See above. You didn't even do me the courtesy of properly reading what I wrote in context of the conversation before slinging insults. That's your standard MO towards anyone who doesn't agree with you.

I didn't attack you. I disagreed with the sweeping generalizations and assumptions post -- and I did so in a respectful way. I didn't say anything nasty to you AT ALL.

Are you for real? You called her ignorant, that her assertions are ridiculous and that she doesn't even know that. How in the 7 hells is that respectful?

I did nothing of the sort on this thread -- go back and read my words. I specifically said:

"Wow. That seems like a huge assumption and sweeping generalization. I find such assumptions and sweeping generalizations, especially about people's character, to be really unhelpful. In fact, I find them to be the start of many unnecessary fights here on MFP as many can take offense at such characterization.

There was no calling anyone ignorant or ridiculous. You're referencing some other older thread where there obviously was a fight. I'm trying to stop that dynamic from continuing. So, please stop attacking me. I haven't attacked your or anyone else on this thread.

I'm trying a new strategy to combat the ugliness. I could continue to engage in the ugly cycle and attack you back -- as I have done in the past. Unlike some here, I can be honest and admit that. Do I think it was appropriate? Yes, frankly. I think sometimes that's the best way to deal with bullies.

But, I also recognize that (1) it has not been very effective overall (as evidenced by this thread) and (2) it's against the forum rules. So, I'm trying a new strategy.

I'm trying to be the change I'd like to see on this these threads -- so instead of attacking you back (it's what 8 on 1 or 2 now?), I'm asking you all to stop attacking me. I've done nothing on this thread that is mean or nasty, but several of you have brought up fights from old threads and piled on me. I'm asking you to stop that -- to let bygones be bygones and act kindly and decently to each other.

Be the change you want to see. Really. LMAO.

Worst motivational speech ever.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

I hope you know I'm trying to support you as best I can! I fully understand what you are trying to do. And as evidenced by forum rules you cannot bring posts from another thread into another the thread you are in as they call that hijacking.

There is NO SENSE of healthy discussion on here at all. I don't learn anything from the forums. But I have a lot of great MFPers that helped me reach my weight loss goals. I hope the newbies find the same.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    kkenseth wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    not-arguing-explaining-why-right-funny-quotes-sayings-pictures.jpg

Can I borrow this? I might need it for another thread...

LMFAO STRAIGHT UP SAVAGE

*bows* That was just for you.

What is this thread even about?

idk im just here for the free food
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,930 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    This thread is one of the best examples to date of just how the type of moderation that MFP does in these forums doesn't work. I firmly believe this environment was created. I know this post will be deleted (along with the thread most likely), but felt called to say it.

What do you suggest? Would you please also PM me with your response as I'm sure this thread will not be here when I get back.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

I... didn't make sweeping generalizations. You didn't even read my post.

Then what are you talking about? I don't recall responding to any post of yours on this thread in a negative manner whatsoever. I'm I'm wrong, I'll apologize. Can you please point to which post of mine on this thread that you've found to be insulting?

You apparently knew full well what we were talking with earlier in this thread when you referenced the generalizations I made. Now you don't?

I realize you keep trying to set the rules here for everyone, but I don't roll that way.

• hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options

What is this thread even about?[/quote]
    I thought I was posting a funny originally. My jokes usually go terrible wrong but holy moly

epdqkuiqjsqu.jpg

mg.jpg 30.1K
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    hunnnybee wrote: »
    What is this thread even about?
    I thought I was posting a funny originally. My jokes usually go terrible wrong but holy moly

epdqkuiqjsqu.jpg

[/quote]

Oh yeah, thanks. LOL
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    This thread is one of the best examples to date of just how the type of moderation that MFP does in these forums doesn't work. I firmly believe this environment was created. I know this post will be deleted (along with the thread most likely), but felt called to say it.

What do you suggest? Would you please also PM me with your response as I'm sure this thread will not be here when I get back.

Good question. There seems to be no other way to stop it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wow. Looks like the hen came to roost. It's about time.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

I... didn't make sweeping generalizations. You didn't even read my post.

Then what are you talking about? I don't recall responding to any post of yours on this thread in a negative manner whatsoever. I'm I'm wrong, I'll apologize. Can you please point to which post of mine on this thread that you've found to be insulting?

You apparently knew full well what we were talking with earlier in this thread when you referenced the generalizations I made. Now you don't?

I realize you keep trying to set the rules here for everyone, but I don't roll that way.

No, that wasn't in reference to you at all. It was in reference to snickerscharlie's post that said:
    "It seems to me that people who insist sugar is an actual physical addiction, tend to do so because it removes them from taking any personal responsibility for their eating behavior, by allowing them to assume the helpless victim role, instead. I've also noticed that this "it's not my fault!" attitude prevails amongst those who are unsuccessful in achieving and maintaining weight loss.

Just my opinion and observations, to which I am entitled. "

I'm not sure which post of yours to which you're referring.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Okay folks this thread is a classic example of people not following our guidelines and a discussion going so off the rails its not logical to keep it open. And yet there was plenty of reasonable discussion, even debate on the nature of sugar, support and guidance for the OP.

To be clear; do not bring up issues from old discussions, do not continue to argue with each other, this is a form of derailing and folks need to learn to let things go. I hope we have ignore user soon; I know how badly we need this function but in the meantime if you are responding to content and having a respectful discussion about ideas fine, if you are calling someone out, don't. If someone is actually attacking you, report it (use the report flag NOT the abuse flag). If you have an issue with how we are moderating, bring it to me, don't post about it.
This discussion has been closed.