WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Lillian[/b], try not to stress over all that in coming your way, but enjoy yourself and your visitors. How many people will be at this “tree hunt” and how many trees will they get? Sounds like fun.

DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

27 adults - 5 little kids under the age of 4.... and 9 trees... it is more about the get together and food... eeekkkkk food. I really try to control the food part but sometimes I am told that carrot sticks are not a Christmas food... They sure as hell are in my house.!!!

Lillian
    West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    [img][/img]smiley-happy032.gifLillian, how big a house do you have that 11 people can stay with you?

t110007.gifBarbie from windy NW Washington

5 bedrooms / 4 bathrooms (I don't know why we have that many.... man doesn't want to walk too Far?) 1900 sq ft upstairs and the same downstairs.... AND lots of air mattresses!!

Lillian
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Pip: I hope things work out for Bullwinkle. Our fur babies are important members of our families. :flowerforyou:

TerriRichards: The Hogwarts Challenge sounds like fun. Thanks for explaining. :flowerforyou:

JanetR: I love the doggy ornaments! :smiley:

Becca: Your middle son is a talented artist. I'll bet he gets it from you! :flowerforyou:

Gloria in WA: DH is doing fine. Thank you for your concern. I'm the one who has trouble with day length depression. Setting up Christmas lights and taking my Vitamin D help the situation. I also use Verilux lights and very bright led lights all over my home. :ohwell:

Elaine: Thanks for your good wishes. :flowerforyou:

Miriam: I hope you're able to get your rest. :yawn:

Yesterday we put up an aluminum Christmas Tree my parent's bought in the 1960's. I'm still putting glass Christmas balls on it. The revolving color wheel still works just fine. I need to get more wire ornament hangers as I can't find the box we have here at the house. There is a gob of them somewhere. GRRRR! The tree brought back all sorts of good and bad memories, from the assassination of John Kennedy to the Apollo Moon landing, the war in Viet Nam, and the losses of two favorite cousins. :cry: I am not sure whether I will leave the aluminum tree up.

Speaking of old memories, my cousin sent a photo of my mom, his mom, and our favorite Auntie enclosed inside his Christmas card. My dad's elbow is also in the picture. :smiley: The photo was taken at my parent's home many years ago. They're all gone now, and are missed. :heart: :broken_heart:

On a brighter note, today we are meeting dear friends for lunch. We haven't seen them in a couple of years. I look forward to it. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    pip34 - sorry your big fur baby (this also a term for a dog) has a lump that has to be surgically removed and hope it is done successfully. When I took Cracker in to the ER at the vet (and also picked up 1 Trefexis pill) it costs about $285; but, she had to be checked out after being hit by son with his truck. So lucky that it was only her foot and even better that it was just a bad bruise; but, keeping he quiet (or in her crate) has not been the easiest thing to do. As long as she is quiet and still, she can come out. She's been getting a lot of loving and scratching done by DH. She knows he just really can't ignore her. She is winning him over.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My lovely mum
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Elaine, beautiful picture. Made me miss my Mom, she's been gone for 8 years now, I still miss her dearly. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies and Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate it.

CarolNC, I think that sounds like a wonderful gift for your Mom. I mean loaded with books already is a wonderful gift in itself.

Katla, OMG you reminded me of the “black phase” that kids go through. I’d just as soon forget it. Lol Get those Christmas decorations up and enjoy them whether you are alone for the holidays or not. You and DH can create your own Christmas cheer. ((((Hugs))))

Heather, as always, I love hearing about your day. The spoon and ladle are wonderful. Keep having a great time! (later) how funny that you get told off for not dressing appropriately. The French certainly have their ways. (even later) Love the picture of the lights. How lovely.

Meg, that is scary about your eyes. Glad you can take care of them but what in the world do you do if you can’t read, watch TV or use the computer? That sounds like it would make for long days. Get better fast. ((Hugs)

Mary, is your family getting together at a hotel for Christmas? That’s cool to take your tree. It sounds like you are having fun with the floor. I’m sure it will be beautiful.

Barbie, that was so thoughtful to thank the lady that decorates the tree. I’m sure that was a very pleasant surprise for her. Be strong, we know you can stay off that exercise bike if you really set your mind to it.

Mindy, still sending prayers for your DD. I am happy for my DD to inherit anything that is left when we are gone, but I don’t honestly think it is our duty to make sure there is anything left. Congrats on your weight loss. That is wonderful!!!! Keep up the good work and tweaking that diet. You can do this.
    Sylvia, isn’t it ashamed how smart the mice of the world are getting? Hope you have better luck.

Pip, I hope Bullwinkle makes it through surgery okay. It is a little scary when they are that age but since she is in such good shape I’m sure she will do great. Beautiful kids you have.

MicheleNC, what is a pierogi? I even tried looking it up and can’t find it. I do realize it might not be an English term but what are you and DH making? LOL

Miriam, glad that foot is better but it is really taking a while to heal. (((Hugs)))

Becca, so glad you and your sister cleared things up. I love Christmas decorations, too and my DH is the same with tree ornaments. I think you can’t have too many. Lol

Janetr, I love your Flash and Charro ornaments!!

Rosi, beautiful view from that house. Thanks for sharing. The tour sounds like fun.

Joyce, your poor DD. I don’t know for sure that I could give myself a shot. Somewhat of a chicken in that department.

Mindy, idea.gif we just thought you wanted to stop taking meds for your BO. LOL you are too funny!!! (((Hugs)))

Allison, I’m so sorry you aren’t on the road to recovery and seem to be getting worse. I truly hope you get better quickly.

Elaine, I agree that we all need to work at having some Christmas cheer and spreading it around. I’m not sure when my parents used to put up the tree but I know it was sooner than later. I normally put mine up very early in December since I’m ready for it to go right after Christmas. I do like to have it up long enough to enjoy it. What a great picture of your lovely Mom.

Katla, I’d love a picture of your tree.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I love reading about all of your preparations for Christmas. <3 Katla - perhaps it's time to replace the tree! :flowerforyou:

This morning we had to walk to the main square to buy milk etc. Local shops were shut.
    Then we had an early lunch and went off to the Musee Fabre to look at paintings. Museums are free on the first Sunday of every month. :D We thought we'd go at lunchtime because Sunday lunch is sacrosanct to the French and it would be deserted. We saved our energies for the more local painters, but there were a lot of things we weren't interested in. :laugh: We thought Bazille (early Impressionist) was rather good and Fabre himself not bad. Lots of Corbet as well.
    Then we went next door to an old mansion that has furniture and ceramics laid out in rooms from the 18th and 19th centuries. Incredible, over the top stuff! I was interested in the local ceramics from the 18th century.

Then we were very tired, but didn't want to go home. We had spent some of the morning in the Information Office, talking to a nice young man in English. We booked two walking tours for next Saturday and bought a tram ticket for 10 journeys. We decided to get on a tram and go to the end of the line. That took us to the Odysseum, a huge shopping and entertainment centre. The highlight was a great gospel choir performing in the precinct. <3:D
    Then we came back on the tram.
    Both ways our ticket was inspected. I was impressed. These trams are incredible. 4 lines, and all beautifully decorated in artistic themes. They go a long way out of the centre, which must be great for commuters. We will go another way another time.

Love to all, Heather
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Heather, thank you for generously sharing your trip with those of us who cannot travel! I love it! I was curious when you said the ladle and spoon were not real silver... what are they? Could you perhaps just not recognize the French marking? The markings change, and can help date and place silver.
  • Katla49
    edited December 2015
    Options
    christmas-tree-gifts.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,823 Member
    Options
    afternoon friends~
    we did our running and have been home a few hours.. I am trying to fight this something fierce and had to take a nap, slept for about an hour or so.. still feeling crummy..
    going to try and relax some today as I have to work all week..
    DFIL is getting really bad memory wise now, calling Tom his brother and asking who those pictures are on the wall.. so sad to see. put up a note on his closet it door for them to do his laundry, last year we came home and they basically had run out of clothes,, and left it all for us to do..
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Katla ... We had an aluminum tree with a color wheel when I was a little girl. I still have the wheel, but no tree. Have to see if I have an old photo... I'd love to see yours!

Beth (watching football with my guys and eating hot crab dip???)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Miriam - I'm just going by what the guy who sold it to me told me. There are no markings, but I think they are very pretty and I will use them, which is important. :) I use a sugar sifter often and I can see the tiny ladle being used for cream or sauces.

Just had our foie gras for dinner - well, can't explain what it tastes like. Just imagine a delicate liver gone to heaven. :laugh: Unfortunately the lovely dinner went to our heads so we ended up raiding the honesty box drinks cupboard. :embarassed: I had a Campari and soda. Oh my word! It's many a year since I had one of those. My ex's mother used to give me one when we arrived at their house. A huge one! Then offer another! I did enjoy it, but I knew I shouldn't. >:)

Love to you all. Thanks to all who enjoy my ramblings. For those of you who find it p####s you off, I'm really sorry. I hope to amuse and entertain. But I would p##s me off I'm sure. :laugh:

Heather with love. <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Katla ... We had an aluminum tree with a color wheel when I was a little girl. I still have the wheel, but no tree. Have to see if I have an old photo... I'd love to see yours!

bwcetc wrote: »

I'll try to post a photo after I finish decorating.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    r6vx3hkb9tys.jpg

We are putting up our Hanukkah decorations this afternoon. This is a picture from last year. The bottom part is something that I cross stitched about 15 years ago.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,823 Member
    Options
    Happy Hanukkah to all of my Jewish friends~
    made dinner and will make Tom's lunch and mine for tomorrow and make it an early night..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I was able to increase weight on my squats and OHP today! For the OHP I could only do it for two of the five sets. I left the DL at 150 because that was an increase last week and still not pretty.

Squats-1X5X65/75/85/95/105/115, 5X5X 120
    Sumo squat-5X5X105
    OHP-1X5X 45/50, 2X5X60, 3X5X 55
    DL-1X5X 150

After exercising we laid about 1/3 of the wood floor in the living room. Very time-consuming. Taking a short break now. Then do another 3 hours of floor.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota