<3

No, you're not sarcastic at all.

<3

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies. I feel some sarcasm for asking that we refrain from politics. If you would have lost a loved one in 9/11 or in France you might have a different opinion about immigration until we have ISIS under control.

My daughter is in surgery now. Hopefully all will go well.

Joyce - I'm glad you got Melody in safely! My daughter's cats always are trying to sneak out when I am there. I have to be very careful.

Allison- I hope you feel better! 2 more days and you will be in the warm sunshine!

Gloria - scary story! Now I'm curious about the frogs though!

Karen - it sounds like you have a nice weekend planned for Christmas. I loved sightseeing there.

Penny- they showed the Northern Lights on my weather app. Beautiful! I can see why that gingerbread house won!

Lillian- what fun you are going to have! Enjoy your family!

Lisa - I wish you could come over and advise me on how to refinish the top of my antique dining table. Hopefully I will be able to match the stain. What do you recommend for sealing it? An oil or a polyurethane? You are so talented!

Barbie- you are so inspirational! I hope they find out what will relieve the pain in your legs.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

What's with your daughter, prayers for sure!! Gayle Minneapolis
    Options
    pslw0bt3wbj8.jpeg

Hope you feel better soon Katia49.

Love this!!!!! Did you do it????? Nice!!! Gayle Minneapolis
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Allison I hope you feel better before your trip Saturday morning!

Carol NC you must be so proud! Beautiful picture! She looks so happy and excited.

Miriam - I am sorry for your loss!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes for my DD's surgery. I left her in good hands this evening with her DH. I am heading home before the snowstorm hits tomorrow morning.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Sorry have skipped some chats, trouble with iPad. Glad to hear your daughter is doing fine!!! Very warm today, lots of rain no snow. Are u coming to the city for anything during the season?? Vikings starting, go Vikes!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    MFP Advent Calendar
    Dec 10th~ This was the sign they long hoped for.
    The day was now at hand, when a great king would come
    to bring peace to all the land.

Well this morning as I was coming around the bed corner, and between the bed and the computer desk, my left baby toe whacked the side of the computer desk corner.... So my baby toes nail is easily removable, but I dare not touch it. Maybe it will tighten back in like a tooth? It's next to a toe that I broke completely over about 5 yrs ago. Funny story actually....

It was summer, kids are playing in the pool and I am going down the hall for something. The hallway has a jog in it and as I was turning, I hit my husbands foot mid stride. So the force of that broke the toe next to my baby toe on my right foot over. I am yelling like a banshee and say, "Do you think its broken!!!!!?" My husband yells back, "Ya THINK?" It was months of having my toe with a metal spike down the thing....crazy times. I would call the taxi to go get my kids from school, (the schools in CA don't provide bus service)...and all I had to say was, "Spike-Toed Lady needs a ride" and the dispatcher would say Okeedookee!!

Having a boo-boo is hard on me. I didn't go to the aquatics center because I thought treading in the water would definitely have my nail come off. uuuck I can't think about it...

watched "Miracle on 34th Street" today. Love that little girl, Natalie Wood...and that spitfire Maureen O'Hara...well they just don't make actress's like that anymore, (my opinion anyways).

Oh Janet from OK I got your pic THANKS!

Becca
    Oregon

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Katla and Alison hope you are feeling better. :flowerforyou:

DH and I went to see Brooklyn the other night. DH loves old movies and this had that kind of appeal. It is about an Irish girl who immigrates in the 1950's. I thought it was well done.

Got my Shutterfly calendar that I make for my mom done. An adventure for me because I rarely use Shutterfly. I go to Target to get my photos done. I rarely print them anymore especially after sorting through my mom's and mine this past summer.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

ride hm 2 gym- 12.23min, 14.4amph, 144mhr, 2.9mi = 125c
    ski machine- 30min, 5incl, 20-35resist, 40mhr, 1.54mi = 266c
    rope pull- 5.06min, 105mhr, midset, lvl1, 87ftpmin, 464ft = 38c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.14min, 11/3amph, 143mhr, 1.3mi = 95c
    ride dome 2 hm- 21.18min, 7.7amph, 157mhr, 2.7mi = 241c
    total cal 765

resist- resistance
    incl- incline
    ftpmin- feet per minute
    ft- feet
    lvl- level (rope pull machine, level 1-7)
    midset, topset, bottomset - setting on machine, middle, bottom, top for rope pull
    ahr = average heart rate
    mhr = maximum heart rate
    c = calories
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr advanced strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a workout in the water.

My heel is really hurting, I'm thinking that I have a pulled achilles tendon. that happened to me 2 years ago and it feels about the same way. Fortunately, I still have some of the voltaren left from then so I'm putting that on my heel. I go to see the foot MD on Jan 6 (yes, that far in advance!)

Tomorrow there is a Christmas party for mahjongg. To be honest, I'd really prefer if there wasn't one. But I feel obligated to attend. I'm supposed to bring a side so I'm going to bring a broccoli casserole. Then in the evening there is a ceramics Christmas party. Again, I'd prefer not to go but I feel obligated. I'm planning to take a ceramic cookie jar (no not one I made) but what I thought was cool about this cookie jar was that there is a chalkboard on the front that you can write on. I have about 3 different types of cookies that I plan to put in it. I'm going to take these pizza appetizers. Personally, I made them when we had the murder mystery dinner and people really loved them. I wasn't so crazy, but that's just me.

Sylvia - you are truly one in a million grandmother

Joyce - so glad Melody is safe

Alison - how did they diagnose that you had plantar faciatis? Did it just eventually go away?

Penny - computers are so nice when they work properly. Boy, does it ever get dark there

Gloria - I'm sure Vince's idea of holding a plank is standing with a plank of wood in his hand....lol He thinks I'd get along well with the lady who cuts his hair because she's into exercising and all. He said to me "she was talking about that thing you do and Loki thinks its neat". "Oh, you mean a plank, he thinks I made a good bridge!". I could never do a cartwheel

Lillian - have fun on your hunt

pip - I read (and I don't know how true this is) that when doing a plank, you shouldn't clasp your hands together, it puts too much added strain on the shoulders but you should keep your arms flat. Who knows?

Miriam - I like the colors in your chair

Mindy - wonderful NSV!!!!

Vicki - tell me about how this week is flying by!

katla - what's the matter??? Elaine - your pic is beautiful!

drkatiebug - first off, congrats on the wonderful choice and forgoing the cupcake place. As for a plank, my advice would be at first to monitor yourself in a mirror and you'll know when your body "feels" right. Then occasionally check yourself in the mirror that you're not lifting your butt.

Wish I could say that I had the packages at least bought much less wrapped. Don't know why Vince procrastinates so on it. But it is what it is. Like last year, he'll go the week before Christmas and buy. I was ready to say "if it ain't bought by now, it ain't gonna get bought" but not him.....

Vince got out some inflatables and finished putting the lights out. After the Green Room I went to Aldi, then didn't have some of the things I needed so I went to WalMart

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    15dfwd0ep6xc.jpg

A friend painted two of these for me

nqme8i66cymy.jpg

This was my toy chest when I was a child.....Jake painted it for me in a patriotic design

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm taking off work to go with DH to have pre-op consult with his plastic surgeon. I haven't seen or heard anything from pathology so will chase down an answer tomorrow. Thank you all for your concern. He's taking this all with tremendous grace and hasn't had much pain between procedures. I'm tired, but grateful that it's not anything worse and we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Mary hope your daughter gets well very soon.

Katla, you, too!

Grandmallie: Safe travels

Lisa: I'll be in Midland-Odessa next week for about 24 hours. If all goes well with my meeting I'll be going back there multiple times in 2016.

Cutting this short tonight and getting back to work on my cards.

Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Gayle - my DD got kicked in her face by her horse three years ago Labor Day weekend. She has had five surgeries this is her six. She is getting a bone graft on her upper jaw so that she can get implants. She had her upper jaw broke into places and lost a lot of bone.

Becca - i'm sorry that you are having issues and not able to do your normal exercises. I hope you feel better really soon.

Barbie - Beautiful painted furniture!

Pip - Nice stats!

Michele - I hope your foot feels better soon!

I just got home about 40 minutes ago and I am in the process of doing my StrongLifts 5X5. Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    A long day today!

Younger son is being pulled from school and will receive home tutoring until the end of the first semester. His migraines and sporadic attendance have made it impossible for him to catch up without instruction. Saddened by this. We had really hoped he would do better in his senior year. Second semester the school is devising a reduced schedule to just meet his senior requirements so he can graduate. College is off the table ... He needs to heal and have time to consistently function.

Tomorrow I am hosting and preparing a breakfast for my Friday guys... Retired gentlemen who help me do things at work i can't or won't do. Expect about 25 including their wives. Lots of work but my guys are worth it!

Love seeing the painted furniture pieces. But not something I would probably do.

Sylvia ... You rock! What a precious story.
    Michele ... Sorry you're having heel problems.
    Mary... Glad you got home before the storm ...we're expecting 60 degrees this weekend! And glad daughter is doing well.
    Rori ... Glad your husband is seeing an end to his health situation
    Katla ... Hugs. Get well.
    Becca ... Ouch!

Good night ladies!
    Beth
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Beth - I'm sorry that your DS is having such a hard time with his migraine headaches. I use to be the home school teacher. He will have a good chance at graduating with one on one help.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :sick: Thanks for the well wishes. You're the best people around. :flowerforyou:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Becca - glad you got the pic. I hope its not too big to work on the tree. Sorry about your toe, makes me cringe just thinking of it. Hang in there (no pun intending to the little toe nail) Ha!

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Ran to the grocery store this morning, then came home and baked two big batches of cookies. When I started to pack them for the freezer, Jack said leave some out for me. lol Rode the stationary bike for an hour. How did all that take most of the day? I may be getting old and moving slower :)

Back to water aerobics in the morning. Have a good night ladies.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts 5X5

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115, 5X5X 120
    Sumo squats-5X5X105
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55, 2X5X 60, 3X5X55
    DL- 1X5X 150

The OHP is not pretty! Still trying to get 5 sets of 60. Only got 2. My form was awful! 55 lbs is nice but I've got to challenge myself.

<3

Mary from Minnesota