What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• vivian1201small
    vivian1201small Posts: 9 Member
    memickee wrote: »
    Getting to 120. Almooossttt there.
    memickee wrote: »
    Getting to 120. Almooossttt there.

I get it!!!! I'm 5'2" and got to 138. That is slit if Wright on a small frame. Busting out of a size 8 and I just could not bring myself to buy a size 10/12. I'm 4.5 lbs away from my 120 goal.
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Brans34 wrote: »
    Iseulte wrote: »
    Just 3 pounds to go to get below 150.

Right there with ya! 2.8 to go as of this morning, but I believe at least .4 of that is from water weight; had Chinese food last night and that stuff has LOTS of sodium.

I'm with you both too! About 3 pounds to go for me!
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member

Okay... over the past few days I've been really rethinking and re-evaluating what I think my goals should be. I want to focus less on numerical goals. I mean 191 is still doable so that can stay and so can 180. However, longer term I think I need to rethink my UGW. Originally I thought 150 but I don't think I want to have an UGW at all.

I think I want a size goal and a body comfort goal. Something over the past few days I've thought about is that even in high school I was a size 8 and 175... which I now realize is actually pretty small for 175. I have a friend who is 150 and a size 9 and a friend who is 140 and a size 8.... And right now at 195ish I can wear a 12... I think I would be happy with a size 8 again.

PLUS I want to feel comfortable in my body. That's the most important thing to me. I don't want to aim for a numerical goal that in the long run is going to be hard for me to maintain nor do I want to jeopardize my muscle mass by aiming for a low number. SO what I'm thinking is I would rather focus on Body fat % right now I'm somewhere around 27% body fat. I'd like to get to between 20-23% and see how I feel there...

So to achieve this longer term goal... I will continue doing my strength training and walking/biking/etc. and eat at a smaller deficit to preserve muscle. and at some point I will probably shift to recomp and eat at maintenance.[/quote]

I believe this is important and don't believe that re-evaluating goals is a cop out or shows indecision. I think we figure things out as we learn and hey, we certainly know what DOESN'T work. Best of luck to you!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    zingeber wrote: »
    Break out of this $&"$ plateau - get consistently below 187!

Ugh. I've been flirting with that number myself for about a month. Got down to 182.8 last Saturday, but my weight has been up all week most likely due to sodium, restarting my workout plan, etc.

I'm just ready to say goodbye to the 180s.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Break out of this $&"$ plateau - get consistently below 187! 258!

Well. Two days under 258 now. Was 257.3 this morning.

It's a big deal as it moves me from Obese class II to class I (BMI under 35) and was my current mini-goal.

Next goal is 247.5 (25% weight loss). Should hit it by the end of March (5 weeks @ 2 lb / week).

Congratulations! It's a big deal. :smile:
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    Brans34 wrote: »
    Iseulte wrote: »
    Just 3 pounds to go to get below 150.

Right there with ya! 2.8 to go as of this morning, but I believe at least .4 of that is from water weight; had Chinese food last night and that stuff has LOTS of sodium.

I'm with you both too! About 3 pounds to go for me!

Me too! It's taking forever to break into the 140s.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!