• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :p
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    BArbie- regarding the squats: I do all of mine at the same time, usually mid day as the kids are napping. I am finding it is a nice "pick me up" at that time of day when I start to slow down.

:) Wow, that is an impressive accomplishment....I've done squat challenges but have done the required number about 20 at a time spaced throughout the day.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    nb1959 wrote: »
    Success yesterday! I finished with 42 calories to spare. I ate small meals every couple of hours, which staved off FoBH...Fear of Being Hungry. Gotta quote Scarlett one more time: "I will nevah go hungrah a-gain."

:smiley: That's a super accomplishment. I eat small meals every few hours and eat food that is nutrition dense so I get the most out of every calorie (a whole package of frozen cauliflower has fewer calories than a serving of salad dressing).....and I seek every opportunity to be active to burn more calories
  • barbiecat
    Options
    simsisfun wrote: »
    1 week use of the site. Next small step: everything I eat today will go on the calorie counter. I am encouraged by all these messages.

:) That's a great beginning......I found that making small changes helped me stay on course.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @nb1959 ~ Look what I had for lunch today.....I wanna quote Scarlet tooo... "I will nevah go hungrah a-gain"
    Becca
    Oregon
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Pip! Profile pic changed BA-BAM! Penny and Katla- I made the migraine comment that Penny quoted. So perhaps the oxytocin worked when I was a child, but it must be mind power/memory power that makes it work as an adult, long after my mom has gone? Whatever works, right? Anyway, I passed it down to my kids. I did the same for them as they were growing up and soothed them this way whenever they didn't feel well or couldn't sleep. My daughter lives in Texas with her hubby and he has told me she sings the same song to herself when she doesn't feel well. Makes me happy <3 Carol- I do my daycare out of my home. 23 years now. Started this career to spend more time with my own kids and it stuck. In 23 years I have cared for over 70 children in this area. I have diaries and millions of stories. I would say 75% of my posts on facebook over the years have been about my job/the kiddos. I am compiling stuff for a book, but would hesitate to put one out until after I am retired. Don't want to burn any bridges.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Becca I am SO happy for you and the scale news!
    First day back from vacation and so far I am under quota for day. Can I last two more hours till bedtime?Have to get back on track!!!
    Betty
  • lawmiller1
    lawmiller1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty good, staying under the calorie count I just hope this plateau is over soon, would love to see the weight going down again. I read on here how busy everyone is and feel bad because I haven't had any energy the last few days. Tomorrow is another day.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. Nice day here today; I got 50 minutes of exercise and will have over 7,000 steps, which is my goal for the first half of the week. I see my new physical therapist tomorrow, so we will see how that goes. I am not convinced that he will have anything new to offer, but I’ll see.

Kim: Keno is a gambling game, kind of a cross between bingo and powerball where they call the numbers. We left $3 ahead! We had to fence and gate our garden because all sorts of animals thought it was their special bathroom. ugh

Lenora: we have been having tons of really chilly wind too. Today there was less of it, which was a nice change.

Bwcetc: sorry your son was acting out and for your binge. You’re right ; those never help do they?

Larissa; why end it all at mid-90? LOL

Katla: thanks for the encouragement about the acupuncture. I can’t even begin to do the sit and rise!

Worthit: welcome aboard!

Alison: hope you have recovered from all your book moving! I’m sorry things are so bad at home. I think you should run like hell LOL.

Other newbies: Welcome to you too!

CJ: sounds like quite the trip!

Patsy: your weaving is lovely

Cheri: glad you feel better!

Ann: omg I laughed til I choked at that poster!

Nb: sounds delish!

Dj: allergies are next on my list to ask about. He doesn’t sneeze much or lick/chew much, so I thought that was way low on the possible list. Now he is on Carafate which I have to make into a slurry and give him with a syringe. Bleh!

OK all this has to do for tonight. Glad to see this group is so busy. Take care all, Meg from Omaha
  • nb1959
    nb1959 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lno5x4cbx2i0.jpg
  • Annr
    Options
    Betty~ Thank you for your support! (hands you a ticket....yep get back on the train) You are doing fantastic for being under quota so far. Just mentally close that kitchen. I literally don't go in mine except to get lemonwater, and its closed at 7 pm. If I am feeling tempted, I don't go in to handle leftovers, I will take bites of things. Part of this learning process is not being in situations where you don't feel in control. So I try to recognize those times and be nice to myself. You got this!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • nb1959
    nb1959 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Another good day today. Calories left on the table! (So to speak.)
  • Annr
    Options
    @lawmiller1 Don't beat yourself up. Listen to your body, and if you are out of energy, then just do what you can. But on the good days, reward yourself with some activity. Husband and I had a cold for weeks it seemed, but even walking the grocery store isles on shopping days, made us feel like we were doing something.
    Welcome to our group by the way!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • lawmiller1
    lawmiller1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this thread and new to commuity so please bear with me. I have been posting my food and losing albeit slowly for 8 months now. That's the longest I have stuck with any sort of diet. It is not always easy when family members like to eat, and I mean like to eat and snack a lot. Since my husband is diabetic I try to make healthy things but in a way that he can't tell that it is healthy. Logging what I eat has become habit, and I have changed my eating habits quite a bit but boy some days are harder then others. I'm a housewife who was a stay at Mom until my son started driving. Lol! Now it is time for me I'm just not sure what that means. I guess I am a work in progress.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stats for the day;
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.35min, 13.2amph, 152mhr, 2.9mi = 120c
    ROPE PULL- 40min, 138mhr, midset, lvl7, 93ftpmin, 3987ft/.76mi = 244c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.42min, 11.2amph, 144mhr 1.4mi = 69c
    ride wk 2 hm- 19.01min, 8.4amph, 154mhr, 11mph winds, 2.6mi = 206c
    total cal 639
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Skworon wrote: »
    I am new to this site only one week in. I am 56 and I am trying really hard to keep going . So finding someplace I can chat when having a bad day is important. My most important goal for April is keep going g. I have started so ma y diets and quit.

Welcome. You will get lots of support here. I have been amazed about how much support there is. We share good bad and silly stuff here. Keep coming back.

Anne from WI
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Miriam - Please do send me your niece's information! I've had several recommendations from friends but most were a little too far south for me. I've got a few more to follow up on. When I look at their web sites, I'm looking for words like "cognitive behavioral therapy" and "evidence based practice."

KJLaMore - I had not realized it, but the Austin Lounge Lizards were covering a song by The Foremen. You can hear The Foremen performing the song here: youtu.be/EKnVtLUXZRc. Although there are no overtly dirty words, it is decidedly bawdy and hence probably NSW (not safe for work!).

Carol - Oh, dear, I sympathize, since I'm still recovering from something similar. Yuck!

Anne - The cauliflower sounds lovely! That is a vegetable I need to explore further... my mom rarely cooked with it and I haven't taken the time to experiment with it much.

Becca - I get tempted now and then by Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem ads, but you are right. It's better to drive your own bus along a path that you can follow for life. I just know I'd gain back anything I lost through those programs in short order.

I'm late posting today - work was nuts. But I'm apparently on the mend despite the occasional coughing fits. I managed to keep my date with the exercise bike last night, and this time I didn't feel any worse for wear afterward.

My biggest temptation at the moment is not food related. Hancock Fabrics is advertising their going out of business sale, and I need to remember that I already have sewing projects waiting. I worked for Hancock's one summer as a teen and it took me decades to work through all the fabric I bought to use "some day." Now my rule for myself is that I only get to buy fabric if I have a project in mind for it right now.

-Yvonne in TX
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Good grief, I didn't realize when I added the link it was going to embed a giant image of the video. I think I got rid of it by removing the http from the link. Sorry, ladies!
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No workout today got my hair done. Don't usually do much for myself. So it's a break through. Maybe some day I won't feel guilty about spending money on myself.

So great to see all the good news and more new members. To all of you going through rough patches I am sorry and you are in my thoughts. So many of you have supported me the last several months. I appreciate every single word. You are all amazing ladies.

Anne from WI
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: