WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2016

Options

Replies

• CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    No workout today got my hair done. Don't usually do much for myself. So it's a break through. Maybe some day I won't feel guilty about spending money on myself.
    Anne from WI

Good for you. It is so nice to see you taking care of yourself. Baby steps to full recovery. {{{{hugs}}}}}

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Well, my 5:30 girl just arrived. Going to give her some breakfast and we will head out for our walk in the dark! We both are very excited!

:) I love your plan to walk when the first child arrives....I'll think about you walking in the dark with your child as I go out to walk with my "child" (Brandy, my 10 year old black Standard Poodle)

<3 Barbie

• Ceekat
    Ceekat Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hi everyone

Just found this group and I'm going to try and figure out how to join...LOL
    My name is Cindy and I'm in Taylors, SC. I've been battling my weight my whole life, I'll lose, then I'll gain back. I've faced the fact that I'm an emotional eater and I could write a book to explain why but this is neither the time nor place :-). I was born with a genetic syndrome that caused heart and upper extremity deformities and had open heart surgery at 7. At 36, I received a pacemaker, which changed my life for the better. Last October, I wound up in the ER with breathing problems that I had put down to my very mild asthma, but turns out I was in cardiac failure. So, on top of many drugs, weight loss is a must if I want to fight this effectively. So my weight loss is now not just for my health, it's for my life. For some reason, even knowing this, I'm still struggling with this. I work 12 hour, 3rd shifts so yesterday (and later today) I have cooked healthy meals so that I have meals to take to work with me. I've stopped taking change and my debit card in to work with me--no temptation for the vending machines or ordering out! It's a start.

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Reflections The Dance With Anger - Thinking in Threes stepping out of family triangles

This chapter deals with displaced anger. When one focusing the strong feeling of anger created in an interchange with one person gets directed at another. I have been the recipient and the one who dishes it out in my relationships. So instead of dealing with the anger in a productive way it gets passed around. Now it makes sense to me my dad who never show anger towards my mother rather his anger was directed at us particularly my sister.

Unfortunately when the feeling of anger crops up we see people and not the patterns that fuel our anger. Often times one person in a triangular relationship is caught in the middle. Sometimes because one side plays off the other side aggression escalates.

Triangles often keep the anxiety causing issues beneath the surface so it is easy to get caught it these types of relationships. I know this has happened to me.

To change the patterns established in a triangle one or more of the trio decides to change the dance. Not an easy thing to do.

When I was growing up my mom always used to say a group of three was a hard number to get along. This chapter added to my knowledge of why.

:heart: Margaret
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Well, the engineers did not come within the 5 hour time slot. So far they have not come at all. :sad: :sad: :sad:

DH was pacing the floor, agitating about missing the cricket. After lunch I just told him to go, because it was worse watching him get so upset than dealing with the engineers on my own. To be honest, I don't think they are coming now. :'(
    No phone call, no nothing. We have no number we can ring other than the BT general Indian number. To say I am furious is an understatement, but there was no point in both of us getting frustrated.

At least I got on with a load of laundry and cleaned the windows that the patio man had messed up. Couldn't settle to my memoir, but did some Duolingo. The internet is going on and off all the time.

Love to all, Heather UK
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh - What a wonderful, warm memory of your grandmother! Thank you for sharing it with us. We once resorted to stationing someone next to my grandmother at the kitchen counter to intercept and measure everything before she put it in so we could all have her recipe.

Michele - My cats wait quietly until they see me stir in the morning. The minute I move a toe they start to yowl for their breakfast.

Barbie - I wish your friend enjoyment of her new cars. People who just have to have a new car every few years provide the rest of us with a good source of nice used vehicles! I have to get ours in for some major service, but the shop doesn't make it easy to plan ahead since they won't make an appointment or reserve a loaner car in advance.

Cindy - Welcome! I've often wondered why it's so hard to do what we know is best for us. I know I need to drop the weight, but I surely wish I could get a magic pill for it instead of diet and exercise! Sounds like you're making a really good start.

-Yvonne in TX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    2 loads of laundry done, swept and washed the floors... now trying to figure out what to get for my graandaughter's room
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    One of my cats wakes me up if I am not up by 6 by nibbling on my fingers. I usually have about 8 on my bed with me most of the night. And I sleep in a single bed! Several more sleep with my older daughter who is also in a single bed, and one or two sleep with my youngest daughter who is in the double. She is not a cat person at 8 but may grow in to it. She is very immature so sometimes treats the cats like a 3 year old would so they avoid her.

I am headed to the downtown park I tend to hoe and spread mulch. The city got a huge pile delivered yesterday for me.hdp3pgshjc0o.jpgThis is the park during the summer. Right now it has blooming bulbs everywhere and is nowhere near as lush looking.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

got caught in the rain coming home and WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked like a wet noodle when I walked in the door.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    ...but I'm sure you enjoyed riding in the wind, right Pip? :laugh:
  • pipcd34
    edited April 2016
    Options
    lagopus - the only thing I enjoyed about that ride was the calorie burn that I got from it and the coolness of the rain due to riding uphill :-/
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    BArbie- regarding the squats: I do all of mine at the same time, usually mid day as the kids are napping. I am finding it is a nice "pick me up" at that time of day when I start to slow down.

:) Wow, that is an impressive accomplishment....I've done squat challenges but have done the required number about 20 at a time spaced throughout the day.

barbiecat - I normally do mine all together first thing in the morning. If it's a hectic day or I work, I may spread them through the day. I generally sneak some squats or other exercises in throughout the day when I do dishes or laundry, wait for the microwave, or feed the animals, so in a time crunch, I always still have time.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    The slot for the engineers was from 8 - 1. At 4.50 BT rang and, of course, I couldn't hear them for the crackle. They (Indian call centre) rang DH 's mobile. Said they hadn't come because it was a network problem.
    Words fail me. They fail DH too. He has asked for a senior person to phone him tomorrow. (Still Indian call centre) We really don't know what to do. He says he is going to write to the CEO. I will contact the Ombudsman.
    Phone unusable. Internet on and off all the time. They don't even bother to tell us they aren't coming. DH missed a morning's cricket. We are furious.

Heather UK
  • beebee175
    beebee175 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep trying everyday. Not there yet. My goal is to have more successful days than slip days. I am glad I never give up and keep trying each day.
  • msanitaml
    msanitaml Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :)
  • COL55EUS
    COL55EUS Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone this community seem like its the one for me. I am 57 and have had a weight problem all my life. I can't tell you how many times I have started lost weight and then gained it back. I am sick of the yo yo dieting and constantly feel like I am being deprived. Well yet again I am making a new commitment to get in shape and log everything. Last year I ran the Around the Bay road race 30k in Hamilton I was 40 lbs lighter, but I pulled my I-T bands ended up going for intensive therapy, but decided to cycle instead of run in 2015, but when October hit i became sedentary and I just ate everything in sight and gained weight back fast, I own all of it. I have not been in a community before so I am hoping this will help me. All of you are so inspiring and really help each other out. None of the petty fighting that is on the other threads. So here I am hoping to connect with you all, I need the help please.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    The slot for the engineers was from 8 - 1. At 4.50 BT rang and, of course, I couldn't hear them for the crackle. They (Indian call centre) rang DH 's mobile. Said they hadn't come because it was a network problem.
    Words fail me. They fail DH too. He has asked for a senior person to phone him tomorrow. (Still Indian call centre) We really don't know what to do. He says he is going to write to the CEO. I will contact the Ombudsman.
    Phone unusable. Internet on and off all the time. They don't even bother to tell us they aren't coming. DH missed a morning's cricket. We are furious.

Heather UK

Go for it. Do one better and call his personal home or business phone number or email on his personal company email address. You may also be able to look it up on LInkedIn or Google. If you are on Twitter, hashtag the company name and say poor service - your repair people do not show up as promised. I bet you will get a response from BT and many, many people will retweet this. Most companies have standard email addresses with first name.last name.company.com or the first name.initial.last name@company.com or some such combination.

I understand your frustration. Years ago, at university, my phone kept ringing and ringing nonstop. I had no luck with the repair division. They either could not fix it from the central office or never sent anyone out at the time scheduled. I lived in student housing and my mates were not pleased, to say the least. I called the phone company, asked the name of the president of the company and then looked it up in the telephone directory in a location I thought that very wealthy people might live. I lucked out. I rang him at home. It was a weekend evening. Within one hour there were 2 repair people at my room to repair the phone. Evidently, he was none to pleased to get a call on his home number. My guess is that he got a private number after that.
    CJ

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Pip sounds like you are dancing in the rain! Good for you for making the best of it.