How many calories do you consume for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have a mini-clif bar about 6 am before I lift, which is 120 calories. A couple hours later I have my real breakfast, which is usually 300-400 calories. I eat about 1800 throughout the day.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    about 300. and I aim for 20-30 grams protein
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    300-500 usually. Lunch is 280. I save the rest for dinner because I want a full tummy before bed.
  • xheatherwright
    xheatherwright Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    150-300 usually.
  • weemocky1mags
    weemocky1mags Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Usually around 100 cals - 150 cals. Breakfast bar and cup of sweetened black coffee. Sometimes 1 weetabix or porridge oats with water and sweetener if really hungry. Like to keep as many calories for evening time. That's when I am most likely to snack. I also try to stick to 1200-1400 cals a day
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    I would probably try to stick to about 150-300 cals for breakfast. Do not skip breakfast! It's important to eat at least every 4 hours to keep your metabolism going. Eat protein! Protein is good for you and it helps keep you full longer. Eatting small regular meals keep you going the whole day, keep your metabolism up and doesn't bloat or make you feel overfull. Eat lots of veggies. They are low in calories and fat. Fruits are good too, but be careful some are loaded with sugar.
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Between 300-600, changes daily...but most days I'm between 350-450 for breakfast :)
  • jmejiaa
    jmejiaa Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't do breakfast, and yes I know this is bad because of not kick starting my metabolism and whatnot, but I just can't do it. I have tried, I've made myself eat a "proper" breakfast, just a go-ahead bar, just a cup of tea, I just can't do anything until late morning / lunch time.

Saves on the calories the rest of the day though! ;)

You're fine. That whole kickstarting thing is a myth.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

Look at myth#1`
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    220 calories... 2 eggs, olive oil, 1 slice toast & green tea.

I eat this breakfast whether I'm on a 1500 or 2400 calorie diet.

I'm not super hungry in the morning.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    about 300
  • SACasto
    SACasto Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    100-200 calories. I stick with organic fruits (Usually an apple and a banana) for breakfast. I also like to save up my calories for dinner =o)
  • tkotaka
    tkotaka Posts: 17
    Options
    I try to stay under 300. Oatmeal with raisins/cinnamon and stevia packet, Amy's burritos (300 or less cals) or Special K turkey sausage b'fast sandwich are my go-to items that keep me full until lunch where I can work out (so I can power up with some more calories for dinner!)
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If your body is happy having almost half of your calories for the first meal of the day, then eating lightly for the rest of the day, why worry? You've been fasting all night, after all.

I eat about 400 calories in the morning, or almost (but not quite) 1/4 of my total calories for the day. Like other people here, I like to have more calories budgeted for the evening, since those are social eating hours.
  • almasters90
    almasters90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually have an apple and 16 ounces of Green Tea.

Medium apple (70 to 90 Calories)
    Green Tea (0 to 5 Calories)

Total is less than a hundred.

I worry that I will get hungry through the day and although I would be eating healthy meals and snacks, I don't want to consume too many calories at the beginning of the day. Just need to find what works for you and this has for me. 26 pounds and counting :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    400 or 500. I was never much of a breakfast eater.

Right after I exercise I drink Orange juice with calcium and a little Naked juice mixed in & have a low fat string cheese. When I get to work I have my coffee, a banana, and a yogurt later that morning. I'm usually hungry for something else before lunch though - either more fruit, a rice pudding, or a muffin, if I've baked any heatlhy ones.

If it's a weekend I have yogurt with granola & an energy bar, or maybe a homemade Protein shake and banana or cheese.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have to eat good in the morning so for me its usually
    2 oz of watermelon
    2% partly skimmed milk (1/2) cup
    Special K...1 cup
    1 yogourt.
    Adding up to 121 calories .
  • dlrosen
    dlrosen Posts: 51
    Options
    400-600 calories. Its good to start your day with a big (but healthy breakfast)

I usually have a banana, yogurt, and a protein bar (or mixed nut bar)
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    250-350
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    368 - 4 weetabix and 200ml semi skimmed milk.
  • Hollypop725
    Options
    I wish I wasn't hungry in the morning like some of you haha. Whenever I wake up my stomach is growling. I usually eat around 400 calories for breakfast. Anything from overnight oats with 1/2 a banana to protein pancakes to an omelet with veggies. I like to mix it up a little bit and not have the same thing every day. But my daily allowance is 1650 calories, so I'm only eating about 25% of my total calories in the morning.