Over 200 New Year New Me Part 25

Replies

• meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    would guy guys mind going and checken my food diary for today? i planned the who day and put it as finished because i didnt know if u could look at it if it wasnt completed, im kinda starten fresh today, so today is what im more focused on and not the previous days,

anything u would change?
    does this sound good?

Hi Shawna, I had a look. Your planning looks good overall, good amount of calories, well spaced snacks and meals. I can't see from your diary but I would check your sodium and sugar amounts if I were you. You will be surprised at how much sodium is hidden in processed foods and having too much is really detrimental to weight loss. Sugar can be a pain too, even if you are just eating a couple of servings of fruit per day that can be your whole allowance! Some say that the MFP sugar goals are set too low and that may be true but I do find that I lose more effortlessly when I watch my sugar closely.
    You're doing great though :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    im not rushing, i know that this is going to take time and i would rather lose 50 lbs over 1 year and look good than to lose 50 lbs over 2-3 mnths ( or way to fast) and have saggy skin if u get what i am saying, im just starting, so i really havent platued, either,
    i was just asking if my meals seemd good, im afraid im going to go back into what i was doing before and binge eating, basicly im started over today with eating, i went and bought healthy food,
    when i decided to lose weight it was 2 days after i went grocery shoppen and what i bought wasnt any good
  • shawnalmil
    would guy guys mind going and checken my food diary for today? i planned the who day and put it as finished because i didnt know if u could look at it if it wasnt completed, im kinda starten fresh today, so today is what im more focused on and not the previous days,

anything u would change?
    does this sound good?

Hi Shawna, I had a look. Your planning looks good overall, good amount of calories, well spaced snacks and meals. I can't see from your diary but I would check your sodium and sugar amounts if I were you. You will be surprised at how much sodium is hidden in processed foods and having too much is really detrimental to weight loss. Sugar can be a pain too, even if you are just eating a couple of servings of fruit per day that can be your whole allowance! Some say that the MFP sugar goals are set too low and that may be true but I do find that I lose more effortlessly when I watch my sugar closely.
    You're doing great though :drinker: :flowerforyou:

yah i know there is a ton of sugar in the fruit, lol i have bowel problems, so i have to eat a ton of veggies and fruit, i happen to have this fruit already cut from breakfast from the boys LOL, so i am usen it,
    thanks for the imput
  • shawnalmil
    whoah my sodium was like 1200 over, and my sugar was way over too, i think i wont worry about the sugar today tho because although im not diabetic i get super shaky if i dont have enough sugar which i would rather be fruit, ive been checked they dont know what wrong with me,
  • meokk
    whoah my sodium was like 1200 over, and my sugar was way over too, i think i wont worry about the sugar today tho because although im not diabetic i get super shaky if i dont have enough sugar which i would rather be fruit, ive been checked they dont know what wrong with me,

Quite shocking isn't it !!! Lots of us struggle with Sodium.
    If you are looking for more fiber.........I like to eat a Thomas Light Multi Grain English Muffin on most days. It has 8 grams of fiber and only 100 cals and I toast it up & put a little cheese or jam or butter on it, yummy!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member

I personally don't watch sugar, i mean id on't eat like candy all day, but i do love fruit, i do watch sodium try not to go over too much most the time i am right on...it has made me much more aware of what i at and how much sodium it has.

Cris - I am usally not the most corindate or graceful one... I am sure people will laugh at the big fat girl trying to dance.
  • meokk

Cris - I am usally not the most corindate or graceful one... I am sure people will laugh at the big fat girl trying to dance.

Deb - I would totally take the class. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun but if you don't like it, hey you don't ever have to do it again !
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Julie: I can't be trusted with Peanut Butter M&Ms, so unless they're built into my day, I can't go near them! I didn't care for the pretzel ones, but how are they combined with the PB ones?

Kerri: It sounds like we're in the same boat with a 30 lb. loss then BAM! nothing. I've been pretty much in a plateau since early April, but for half of that it was because I wasn't being as strict as I needed to be. Be patient and you'll get there. And Julie (littlespy) is awesome at giving ideas on calorie intake and breaking plateaus!

Shawna: Personally, my breakfast is usually 300-400 calories with my lunches being somewhere in that same range. I prefer to save most of my calories for dinner but have to watch the sodium or I'll see the water retention the next day on the scale.

lildebbie: The Danceaton class sounds like so much fun! I love to dance but prefer dances that have specific steps, such as line dancing and Zumba. Then I don't have to think about what I should do, I just follow the instructor.

Last night, as I posted before, I was determined to get the rest of my water in and I did! I ended up with a total of 75.6 oz. of water yesterday. Today, I'm already at about 60 oz. so I have no doubt I'll hit it again tonight. When I was sitting on the bed drinking my huge jug of water last night, my boyfriend said my skin looked radiant. I thought that was a lovely comment.

So, I'm trying to decide if I want to build ice cream into my day or get something naughty for dinner. More tough decisions. Either way, I'll be sure to stay in my calories! I'm really motivated again and am hoping to see two pounds vanish over night!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Welcome new ladies! I hope everyone is having a great Thursday! This truly is a great group. Because I can feel comfortable sharing stuff like this:

I've been feeling rather confident today, so I dug out some old clothes to see how I was doing. Some things are a little too small (last year's bathing suit). BUT! I put on my rugby shorts from college and while they're still a little snug, THEY FIT! WOO!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't know anything about rugby shorts, they are the tiniest things ever.

But they FIT! WOO!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Theresa (Teresa?) -- That's AWESOME! I don't know anything about rugby shorts. That sport doesn't happen much down here. :frown:

Healther (I'm just going to leave that typo! :wink:) -- of course the pretzel M&Ms combined with Peanut Butter M&Ms are magical! :laugh: I'm going to attempt to avoid altogether when I get home tonight but I see that plan epically failing. It's okay because I do have plenty of calories to spare... but since I've been undereating the last couple of days it would be *nice* to use my calories wisely instead (hardy har har yeah right).

So I just had to get out of this office for lunch & drove to the store that starts with a W to pick up a couple things for meals over the next week and to try on clothes. I saw a bra I really liked & decided to try it on in a new size. It fit! Maybe TMI, but I've gone from a 42C to a 40C to a 38D to a 38C to a 36C. Woot! I never liked my boobs much anyway. I'm an "hourglass" body type but I'm much more "blessed" on the bottom than on top and that's more than fine with me. :tongue:

Also, I tried on a pair of size 12 capris that fit well. Aaaaannnnnndddd, I bought a pair of size 14 jeans! The jeans were actually a little loose and after those size 12 khakis fit so loosely I got a little overconfident and grabbed a pair of size 12 jeans in the same style as the 14s. Yeah.... they put me back in my place. :indifferent: I got 'em up, zipped, and buttoned but they were waaaaaayyyy to tight for comfort (mine or anyone else's :tongue:) through the hips & thighs.

Anyway, yay for size 14 jeans!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    I'm an "hourglass" body type but I'm much more "blessed" on the bottom than on top and that's more than fine with me. :tongue:

Amen to that, sister!

Congratulations on the 12s and 14s!!
  • HeatherMN
    tstout: Congrats on the rugby shorts!

Julie: Way to go on the size 14 jeans!

It's a bit quiet in here today. I think everyone is starting their holiday weekend a little bit early.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    It's a bit quiet in here today. I think everyone is starting their holiday weekend a little bit early.

It is... but then again everyone's either on vacation or getting ready for it. So.. it's just us poor schmucks who aren't going on a big vacation left to chat it up. :wink: My big long weekend plans involve cleaning my car and my house like never before and possibly painting a room or 2 (I hate beige walls!) which is something I've been meaning to do for nearly 3 years. Fun, right? Oh, I should probably throw in mowing my back yard since it's beginning to look like a rainforest back there again. :noway:
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    I wish I had big holiday plans! Just going to be me and the little one and hubby. My family is mostly going out of town and I am jealous! Since I have such a close family, I am used to someone having a function at thier house on holidays. It will be weird with it being just the three of us. Even the other kids are out of town!

My 13 year old is going to vegas with her grandparents.
    The 9 year old is going to galveston with her mom (other mom not me)
    The 4 year old is having a bday party, we are not invited to. Did I mention my life has a very long story??? lol

I am going to be bored to death!!!!
  • lildebbie
    julie - right there with tyou with being blessed in the bottom ...i am currently a 44 b...yes that is b..only fat chick i know with the smallest boobs made in mankind...I have tried "C" (actually have a few , worn 1x), they feel like when you are a little kid putting on mom's bra's there is so much room in there...I am soo excited when i get down to like a 36b

WTG on the size 14 jeans !!!! and the 12 khakis!!!!
  • HeatherMN
    I confess that I'm going on vacation, too, but we don't leave town until tomorrow late afternoon/early evening. I do have the day off tomorrow, though, which will be used getting ready for camping (mainly grocery shopping). I'm definitely going to get a workout in tomorrow morning so I won't have to feel too badly about the bad camping meals.

It's almost time to officially start my long holiday weekend. Only 30 minutes left. Woohoo!

I'll try to check in tomorrow morning for the weight-in. See you then!
    Heather
  • Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    Ok so I'm gonna do my first check in.

Cals: over by less than 50
    Exercise: none :embarassed: I haven't started excercising yet
    Sodium: no clue as I pay absolutely no attention to this, I have a history of anytime I limit my sodium it goes way low and then I get confused and end up in the hospital
    Proud: I switched to sugar free energy drinks :bigsmile: I'm sure some of you are gasping that I drink energy drinks, but I need caffeine and coffee is gross. So anyway 240 calories down to 20 calories (even though I did budget the 240 in my diary)

I am still new to this. I have literally just started my diet last Saturday. I am doing my first weigh in tomorrow. I am extremely nervous and excited at the same time. Excited to see a loss, but nervous I won't. I am not kidding when I say I haven't excercised at all. I am continually *trying* to pump myself up to do something everyday, and then I utterly fail. :cry: So this is my frustration. I am so tired ALL THE TIME. I make jokes and tell my husband it take a lot of energy to be this fat, which is true but sad. My husband is a very active guy, who wants me to do stuff with him, but he doesn't try. Which is frustrating because he says he wants to help me lose weight, and I've asked him to help me with my activity and he says ok I will, but never does. Excuses, excuses. I know. But I am having a hard time getting myself up and doing it.

Also, I have a question that some of you may know. I am breastfeeding. And although my little one is eating baby food, I am still nursing about 9-10 times per day. So from what I have found, breastfeeding burns 600-700 calories per day, and that moms should increase their calories by 500 per day while breastfeeding. So, in the diary you can add breastfeeding moms which subtracts 500 calories. Now what I have been doing, my doctor recommended I stick to 1200 calories/day. MFP suggested around 1700. I am *typically* eating close to 1700 and then at the end of the day will add the breastfeeding to subtract the calories. I don't plan these calories, or factor them in. But I figure if I eat 1200/day and then subtract 500 I'll be REALLY low and that may affect my milk (which I don't want). Any way, do you all think I am doing this right? If not, how should I do it?
  • lildebbie

Also, I have a question that some of you may know. I am breastfeeding. And although my little one is eating baby food, I am still nursing about 9-10 times per day. So from what I have found, breastfeeding burns 600-700 calories per day, and that moms should increase their calories by 500 per day while breastfeeding. So, in the diary you can add breastfeeding moms which subtracts 500 calories. Now what I have been doing, my doctor recommended I stick to 1200 calories/day. MFP suggested around 1700. I am *typically* eating close to 1700 and then at the end of the day will add the breastfeeding to subtract the calories. I don't plan these calories, or factor them in. But I figure if I eat 1200/day and then subtract 500 I'll be REALLY low and that may affect my milk (which I don't want). Any way, do you all think I am doing this right? If not, how should I do it?

I am not really sure the answer to your question, i would think you would need more than 1200 while breastfeeding, but i really have no clue...maybe meet in the middle or something. I hope you find an answer to that...
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    deb - I am so happy your mom is helping with lending you the money for Serena's surgery. What an angel! I am glad you found a good fit with the psych. And you're right - one step at a time. So sorry about your vacation plans! :frown: Damn hurricane! Hey, but the Danceathon sounds like a lot of FUN! Do it!
    shawna - I eat about 300-400 cals for breakfast. I am like lildeb, in that I am not a big breakfast fan, but I have been forcing myself to eat breakfast because my physical therapist gets on me all the time about how important that meal is for all day energy. I think he's right, because when I do eat a balanced, clean breakfast I do have more energy for the day.
    kerri - I used to never eat my exercise cals. I also used to never eat my required amt. of regular cals, either. Everything went great for about a month, remember girls? Then - BAM - stopped dead in my tracks and could not lose. I forced myself to eat my allotted cals first, then slowly added about half of my exercise cals (but beware - I find that what MFP lists as exercise calories are WAY overestimated). Then I started losing steadily. But remember I am MUCH bigger than you all. Plus I exercise five to six days a week for at least an hour. Way to go on resisting the cake!
    cris - ROFL with your bed pilates! I hope you all know that when *I* type pilates in bed I am NOT referring to cris's pilates! :blushing:
    Heather - great job on that water! :drinker:
    tstout (Teresa?) - WTG on those rugby shorts! I love that you play rugby. I need to google that sport to learn about it!
    Julie - great job on the clothes shopping! Skinny Minnie! :flowerforyou:
    myworld - You're doing great! One day at a time. I remember starting out and being so overwhelmed with all of the "new" parts of the healthier lifestyle - clean food, water, watch sodium, exercise - that I started just like you and attacked one major component (ex., food intake) and then added exercise a few weeks later. Whatever works for you! And remember, just walking around for fifteen or so minutes is great exercise! About your tiredness - isn't that fairly common with BF mothers? You should ask your doc about this. Also, did you happen to be iron deficient during your pregnancy or before? That could have a lot to do with your fatigue. And just having a baby around MUST be exhausting! You are doing GREAT with your healthier lifestyle - take a deep breath and enjoy!

OK, you're all gonna love this one. I decided as a reward for threederville I'd take my 7 yr-old niece Olivia (in my profile pic) to get a mani and a pedi with me. We'd have a girls' day out, complete with retail therapy. :wink: So on the way to the mall (Gosh I hate malls, but whatcha gonna do - 7 yr-old's freakin' dream day), Livvy informs me that she may not want a mani/pedi because she was having a sleep over that night and her bff's and she would probably do each other's nails. I finally convinced her to get the pedi with me. OK fine. So then she informs me that she is afraid of getting hurt at the pedi salon. I was like - wtf? No one gets hurt getting a freakin' pedi. So I talked her off that ledge (come to find out she got a tiny cut the one and only time she got a mani - OK so she was sort of afraid). So we go in. I couldn't understand a word the women were babbling to me in what I think was Korean. This made Livvy nervous so she declares NO PEDI, ONLY MANI. Oh for goodness sakes OK. So she sits over in at the mani table and I go to the pedi tub. I climb in and fit in the chair (woohooo 398#) and I am too far up, so I slightly stand to push my big *kitten* back into the chair some more, and SLAM#^*#!$CRUNCH@#$&! my left foot goes sliding to the front of the tub.
    I broke my toes. I broke two of my fu**ing toes in a fu**cking pedi tub!
    Then I hear Livvy nervously say, "I don't want a mani either!!!"
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :sad: :noway: :noway: :noway: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So I go to the doc in the box and they x-ray and tape my piggies and give me a boot and tell me to enjoy my last four weeks of summer break with effing broken toes. And I hear Olivia telling her mom on the phone, "Mommy, I don't ever want to go to get a mani or pedi ever again!"
  • lildebbie
    OK, you're all gonna love this one. I decided as a reward for threederville I'd take my 7 yr-old niece Olivia (in my profile pic) to get a mani and a pedi with me. We'd have a girls' day out, complete with retail therapy. :wink: So on the way to the mall (Gosh I hate malls, but whatcha gonna do - 7 yr-old's freakin' dream day), Livvy informs me that she may not want a mani/pedi because she was having a sleep over that night and her bff's and she would probably do each other's nails. I finally convinced her to get the pedi with me. OK fine. So then she informs me that she is afraid of getting hurt at the pedi salon. I was like - wtf? No one gets hurt getting a freakin' pedi. So I talked her off that ledge (come to find out she got a tiny cut the one and only time she got a mani - OK so she was sort of afraid). So we go in. I couldn't understand a word the women were babbling to me in what I think was Korean. This made Livvy nervous so she declares NO PEDI, ONLY MANI. Oh for goodness sakes OK. So she sits over in at the mani table and I go to the pedi tub. I climb in and fit in the chair (woohooo 398#) and I am too far up, so I slightly stand to push my big *kitten* back into the chair some more, and SLAM#^*#!$CRUNCH@#$&! my left foot goes sliding to the front of the tub.
    I broke my toes. I broke two of my fu**ing toes in a fu**cking pedi tub!
    Then I hear Livvy nervously say, "I don't want a mani either!!!"
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :sad: :noway: :noway: :noway: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So I go to the doc in the box and they x-ray and tape my piggies and give me a boot and tell me to enjoy my last four weeks of summer break with effing broken toes. And I hear Olivia telling her mom on the phone, "Mommy, I don't ever want to go to get a mani or pedi ever again!"

Nancy - Oh no :sad: I am sorry about your toes. Guess your niece was right about getting hurt . Do you think you will still be able to work out or do PT with tht boot on.
This discussion has been closed.