Over 200 New Year New Me Part 25

Replies

• tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Oohh! I should check in for yesterday (duh)...

Calories - Under!
    Fitness - Went running with the boyfriend. Greatest coach/motivator ever :) The perfect balance of "You can do it!" and "Quit being a baby!" I'm so lucky to have him.
    Water - LOTS! I drank it, I swam in it (Yay for Lake Michigan!)
    Proud - Running! I'm a terrible runner. As soon as I start, so does my brain... surveying every possible imperfection and trying to convince me to stop. Thank God for the boyfriend. Love him so.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Good morning!

I'm sitting here trying to decide if I have enough energy to attempt running this morning before moving on to my chore of grocery shopping for weekend camping food. I haven't run in a while because I've been focusing on 30 Day Shred. If I'm going to do it, I have to get it done early because the current temp of 72 will become 88 before too long. Ick!

Ann: To find a 40B bra, my mom goes to Kohls, where she can usually find them; otherwise, we have a Bali outlet near our house. I highly recommend going somewhere for a fitting. I did that after I'd lost 20 lbs. and found the most comfortable and cute bras. Most lingerie stores offer these services if you ask. Otherwise, I know you can also order less common sizes from Victoria's Secret, but you'll pay a whole lot more for them and I don't feel the extra cost is worth it unless you can't find it anywhere else. Luckily I'm still in a size that is very easy to find, 38D, but I'm down from a 40DD. I personally LOVE my tatas and hope I don't lose too much of them.

Myworld: You're off to a great start. Don't worry to much about the exercise piece if it's easier for you to focus on the eating part first and slowly add the exercise. Hopefully your hubby will get on board like many of the significant others in this group have. As for calories, I would really ask your doctor, though 1200 sounds low for breastfeeding. My doctor told me that women should stay around 1500 calories although I know MFP puts most people at 1200 to lose weight. I manually adjust my calorie goals to better suit me. Oh, and don't worry about the sodium tracking. Not everyone here watches the sodium, but I find for myself that the sodium has more to do with my weight loss or gain than the actually calories. It's all a personal preference on which items you want to track.

Nancy: So sorry to hear about the broken toes. Your niece sounds absolutely adorable and just think of the money she'll save by only having her bffs do her nails! Even if you can't do all of your exercises, I'm sure your PT can have you focus on arm exercises such as weights and punches. Arm punches get the heart rate up pretty quickly, so it's an easy yet effective exercise.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: 29 calories under
    Sodium: On target!
    Water: 104.5 oz. Yep, I was running to the restroom every 30-60 minutes!
    Exercise: 90 minutes walking at volunteer work. The first 45 minutes were with a rider who needed a lot of physical support so I got a good arm workout, too!
    Proud: That I stayed within my calories and sodium even though I met a friend for a beer (yes, only one) and chips and salsa to discuss her relationship problems. Also, I woke the boyfriend up at 1:20am when I got home for a "bed pilates" session (Cris' style)!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    How I know Heather's been doing lots of the the 30 Day Shred: "Arm punches get the heart rate up pretty quickly, so it's an easy yet effective exercise."

Gotta love that second circuit!! Make sure you sit really down for the full on burn. :bigsmile:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    is Mstahl on vacation or do we need to stalk her and I've been away but noticed no posts from Mari this week. Did I miss something???
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    is Mstahl on vacation or do we need to stalk her and I've been away but noticed no posts from Mari this week. Did I miss something???

I think we need to stalk them both. I know they're both going through some transitions and my guess is that's why they're not posting. I see Mari check in with weight loss every once in a while though so I think she's doing well. :smile:
  • Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    I am SOOO HAPPY!! I lost 5.5lbs! Yay me :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Awestfall...............-9.0 = 4.01%
    Lildebbie..............-0.9 = 0.34%
    Pos_me................ 0.0 = 0.0%
    LittleSpy................-0.4 = 0.20%
    Elmox....................-3.0 = 1.61%
    Meokk....................-1.6 = 0.88%
    tstout......................-1.6 = 0.68%
    HeatherMN..........-4.0 = 0%
    myworld898.........-5.5=1.89%

SO I got up and weighed myself (we use our Wii because we have no scale) It says I've lost 10.8lbs. I kind of freaked:noway: . THEN I weighed the baby -2.2 lbs (he's 8 mos) so I REALLY freaked. Then my hubby gets on and he's lost 5.1 lbs. SO we can't figure out what's going on. Then a few minutes later it hits us, we realize, Monday we put a carpet down on the floor! We only had an area rug before, very thin, this is a piece of carpet from my in laws that has padding on the back. So anyway -5.5 is still AWESOME! (but my husband did have to remind me of that at first:laugh: )
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    hey girls,

I was thinking of making cranberry chicken salad with the rotisserie chicken i bought yesterday..

Is 9 grams of fat and 151 calories a lot per serving?

here is the recipe..it makes 12 servings

4 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
    1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
    1/4 cup light sour cream
    1/4 cup light ranch dressing
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
    1 cup chopped celery
    2 green onions, chopped
    1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1 teaspoon seasoning salt
    ground black pepper to taste

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 97 g

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 151Calories from Fat 71
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 7.8g12%
    Saturated Fat 1.4g7%
    Cholesterol 43mg14%
    Sodium 346mg14%
    Total Carbohydrates 4.0g1%
    Dietary Fiber 1.3g5%
    Sugars 1.4g
    Protein 16.2g

Vitamin A 7% • Vitamin C 13%
    Calcium 2% • Iron 5%

Nutrition Grade B
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

What do you all thing? too much fat or not...
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Heather- it usually takes me more than one beer to want to do bed pilates at 1:20am....Im calling your bluff! :laugh: :tongue:
  • LittleSpy
    Sounds yum to me, Pos_me. I think it's fine. But I eat at 45/30/25 or 40/30/30 sometimes so I'm pretty used to seeing high fat food. I'd probably sub all sour cream for the mayo but yeah... that's just because I don't particularly care for mayo. It could help reduce the fat some though maybe.

I think 151 calories for almost 4oz is super!

I just had an orchard chicken salad sub because of Cris going on about chicken salad the other day. :laugh: Surprisingly, I can tolerate the mayo in it. I'm not nearly as picky about it as dh. Mayo can't have even TOUCHED his food or he won't eat it. Baby.
  • LittleSpy
    Heather- it usually takes me more than one beer to want to do bed pilates at 1:20am....Im calling your bluff! :laugh: :tongue:

Seriously. :noway:
    Sometimes all I can think about is "OMG, I have to get up for work in __ hours!" I'm very romantic. :tongue:
    :laugh:
  • cris20056
    I posted to Mstahl once or twice with no answer, I hope shes just busy!! I miss her!

Momma is doing great and sends us all her best!

Cogirl just graduated c25k and didnt tell anyone!!! CONGRATS DAWN!!!!

Hmmm, ok and Im hungry time for lunch!
  • cris20056
    My mind is already on Holiday mode...Im already thinking about the cook outs and beer...I decided to get pit beef for lunch today (best thing ever!) so to hold me over until I get off work I decided to eat another bagelful (200 cals) ugh its gonna get ugly this weekend!

I was at 194.0 this morning, lowest ever!!!! Im not weighing in because I dont really have last week to compare it to...so next week Im in!!!

And exciting news...this morning I had to throw my jeans (size 16) in the dryer to try to SHRINK them! WHAT?!:noway: I reember not washing my jeans for weeks at a time so they would fit on me because after washing and drying I would have to squeeze myself into them!!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    I just finished making the chicken salad and it was soooo goood! YUM!!!

thanks Julie for the information on the Chicken salad...without you I would be lost:flowerforyou:

Cris: you are doing awesome ( all around) weight wise and pants falling off...mine are a size 12 and recently they have become so loose I am afraid of my pant falling on the ground. I think I should put them in the dryer instead of air drying them.

did you write/email momma..as far as I remember her MFP has been disconnected..I thought of email her daughter but was afraid of stepping over boundries..

I hope Mstahl is doing well..she has been MIA for 2 weeks now.

Meokk: I ment to post this before and I forgot. It's about the homemade yogurt. I make plain yogurt and when the final process is complete I add whatever to it...and that is when I make the greek yogurt..
    Hope that helps :smile:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Sooooo... I am having a rough time right now. I think I am hitting yet another plateau. Oh Joy! They frustrate me so. That means no loss for me this week. But, no gain either so, I guess that is a good thing!

I did finish the C25k today and yes it feels good to have accomplished it. However, I am struggling with many things going on right now and have too many damn irons in the fire! I simply am overwhelmed. From family wanting to eat crap and not understand why I choose not to eat out more than 1x per week to my family wanting another dog. (We still have 2). From the weight not coming off like I would prefer to see to work being a little slow right now (and yes, it always is this time of year). Then there is the fact that I am turning the BIG 40 in August. It should be just a number, but, I feel like it is a line in the sand for me and I am having one hell of a time trying to grasp it!

So, I apologize for not being around much lately and probably won't be here commenting every day until I can get my head back where it needs to be. I do hope it is sooner than later. I will still lurk and will still be logging my food and exercise but, I just do not have the time and energy right now. Sorry, if that sounds selfish!

I hope you all understand and have a fabulous Independence day weekend!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    COgirl: I'll tell you the same thing we told Cris. Take the time you need to get focused and take care of things, but don't you dare leave us completely or we'll hunt you down! Take care.

Cris: I'm not kidding about the bed pilates at 1:20am after 1 beer. I have to admit that I might be a bit of a nympho and my boyfriend and I have a fantastic bed pilates schedule! I knew how happy it would make him if I came home and work him up in his favorite way, so I did it. Trust me, I realize how naughty I am and I love it!

Julie: To be fair, I didn't have to work today. If I'd had to be at work this morning, I wouldn't have stayed out that late to begin with. I would have done the bed pilates at 10pm instead of 1:20am!

I'm just waiting for the boyfriend and his son to get here so we can finish loading up the camper and head out for the weekend. I did, however, get my butt up and go for a run this morning after I posted. I struggled a bit since it had been a month since I last ran, but I managed 25 minutes straight of running. Total distance was about 3 miles in 45 minutes.

Okay, they're here! I better go. Have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!!
  • LittleSpy
    Cogirl -- I wholeheartedly agree with Heather. Take some YOU time and refocus. You've been doing a really awesome job the last couple of months and it helps to take a breather.

Heather -- Have a great time camping!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    The online gimp here happy to report that the PT said no worries, he'll work around the out of commission toes!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: HALLELUJAH!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    good jobs girls on the losses (and the smaller clothes !!!)

Cogirl - Take your time, We will be here !!!

We got some bad news today...the AC went out in our rental house. At first they said 2400 $$ i don't have that money at all..we were freaking out, then our prop mang called back and said he found a used one that will be 500 installed..so still crappy but lots better

now on to my fun filled day

We took girls to day care, went to lift class (225 cals ) + swimming ( 93 cals) ,
    then to applebeese (was supposed to meet a friend but she got caught up so just me and jeremy.. eating 350 cal salad ), then movie ( i id havfe a treat and got a kids meal, but the whole thing was like 300 cals (popcorn and candy) ,
    Then DMV to get hubby texas lice woohoo, and gnc to get serena vitamin D and jermey some protien power
    Then went back to the gym.........yes...i did the dance class!!:noway: :noway: :noway: I burned 520 cals in that class ...i was soo suprised., then i did 1/2 a spin class (well like 20 minutes)

So total calorie burn of 1044 ...i think that tops any calorie burn i have had in 1 day ...EVER.!!!!

Now on to eating!!!
  • bluenote
    COGirl - {{{hugs}}} :heart:

check in for Friday:
    calories - way over YIKES - my father's 85th birthday dinner, expensive restaurant, huge steak, cannoli, the whole nine yards
    water: 96
    exercise: 30 mins water exercises - gonna go ride Old Bessie when I log off
    proud: To see my father happy that all of his kids were with him today, even my bro from Boston. :heart: I love my Dad! :heart:
  • bluenote
    Awestfall...............-9.0 = 4.01%
    Lildebbie..............-0.9 = 0.34%
    Pos_me................ 0.0 = 0.0%
    LittleSpy................-0.4 = 0.20%
    Elmox....................-3.0 = 1.61%
    Meokk....................-1.6 = 0.88%
    tstout......................-1.6 = 0.68%
    HeatherMN..........-4.0 = 0%
    myworld898.........-5.5 = 1.89%
    blue........................-2.5 = 0.62%