Over 200 New Year New Me Part 25

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    can i get one more vent in?! Last one of the day I promise:

So on Jan 4th I told Bobby that I was going to lose 55lbs by our anniversary (June 30). It has been my goal the entire time...when I struggled or wanted to quit I reminded myself how I wanted to look that day. It kept me going many times and it still is.

I told him that I wanted him to plan a nice (not necessarily expensive) date out for us so that I could wear my "under 200" dress...he has planned nothing, and is actually acting annoyed that I want to do something for our anniversary...it really hurt my feelings. I just texted him (if I called I would have been crying) explaining how this "date" had been my goal for the past 6 months, Im scared of his reply because I really need him to get this, he has no idea how badly he hurt me by not understanding why this "date" is important.

I had lots and lots of "mini goal weight" treats planned and only got one out of the like 6...the rest I had to forgo for the family..him being out of work, and other stuff that came up made me not want to spend that money on my self when I totally deserved to. I still havent gotten my under 200 massage....***sigh***

ok final vent voer thanks for listening

I'm so SORRY Cris! It can really be maddening when your significant other just doesn't get it! Men can be really dumb sometimes. I know it's hard, but try not to let his attitude ruin your treat. He's got a lot going on now too - probably stressed with the new job, and about money after being laid off, and the wedding, etc. - and let's face it, he's a man so doesn't really understand the significance of your accomplishments - he probably thinks that he loves you no matter how you look so your weightloss is more of a personal triumph for you. If he doesn't seem enthused - don't let it get you down and plan your special treat anyhow for the two of you!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    What a weekend! I was a cooking fool on Saturday. I made red pepper jelly and 8 lbs of jalapeno cheese grits on Saturday in preparation for the Grits Takedown I did on Sunday. Amazingly, I didn't actually eat that much on Saturday. Lots of little tastes, but not a full on serving. The competition was great on Sunday. It was outside (that was a little unknown fact before I got there!) and it was so hot! It was super fun to serve our dish and people really liked. So much that we got 2nd place in the People's Choice category! Power to the people! Pictures are on Facebook, or you can see them here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2490203&id=15902971&l=b268711932

Weekend check-in:
    Saturday
    Cals: Under, by lots. Couldn't eat with all the cooking.
    Water: 88 oz
    Exercise: 75 min at the gym on the elliptical, arc trainer, and bike = 770 cals burned
    Proud: That I kicked it at the gym. It felt really good to workout!

Sunday
    Cals: Over by 327 = 1527
    Water: At least 88 oz
    Exercise: Sweating and serving our dish at the cookoff
    Proud: 2nd place baby!!

And now to you lovely ladies...

LilDeb - You look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself! The difference is so clear.
    Ann - Congrats on shedding those lbs again! Great attitude for this week.
    LittleSpy - Unfortunately seeing people pee outside is a pretty normal experience for me in NYC. There's a particular house on my block where the sidewalk that REEKS of urine.
    Cris - You are superwoman. Congrats on the 195!! And I'm sure Bobby will come around with a date for Wednesday. I'm glad you were honest with him about how important it was to you.
    Jess - Congrats on looking hot in pants that fit! And for the 212!
    Raider - Get it this week!
    Heather - Enjoy getting your booty kicked by Jillian.
    Blue - Get past the ick of this weekend and take on this week with a new purpose. Congrats on your self-restraint at the buffet.
    lstpaul - Sorry you are in such pain! Thinking of you this week.
    Sounds Like you had a WONDERFUL weekend!! I have just been wanting to tell you that you don't look like you weigh as much as you say you do.You look super thin to me.Congrats on 2nd place
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    lstpaul-You have so much on your plate! Really hope the physical therapy works well for you. I'm crossing my fingers that the lake front property sells soon. I know how badly you want your aunts farm!

Cris-Vent away! I can see where you would be upset he hasn't had anything planned. That has been your big goal you have had in mind this whole time, keeping you focused. You deserve that date night out. To get to wear your special dress for him. He should be excited that he is part of your "reward" for what you have worked so hard for. I hope he comes around! Do we need to come smack some sense into him!? :tongue:

elmox-2nd place!? That's fantastic!!
  • awestfall
    Julie: I agree. If these women who wear so little just have excellent confidence, then yay for them. If they just don't realize they don't look as good as they think they do, then it's sad. I just know even when I hit my goal weight, I'll be leery of showing my stomach in public since it's been covered outdoors since I was about eight. I just wasn't the kind to show a ton of skin. Walking around on Saturday, I was wearing my one-piece swimsuit with shorts over it and was feeling pretty confident, but any more skin than that would have made me nervous!
    I have to say that I agree too.I was brave enough to buy a tankini that covers everything for the beach next week but I am not going to say that I will be confident wearing it but slowly I will get there someday soon.Like you two said more power to them if they have that much confidence to flaunt bikinis at their weights but if they just don't realize how they look than thats just sad.I hope maybe next year to ROCK a bikini at the beach but until then I perfectly satisfied with sporting my one piece and tankini for this summer. PROUD I have lost 40 pounds and kept it off this long.
  • lstpaul
    What a weekend! I was a cooking fool on Saturday. I made red pepper jelly and 8 lbs of jalapeno cheese grits on Saturday in preparation for the Grits Takedown I did on Sunday. Amazingly, I didn't actually eat that much on Saturday. Lots of little tastes, but not a full on serving. The competition was great on Sunday. It was outside (that was a little unknown fact before I got there!) and it was so hot! It was super fun to serve our dish and people really liked. So much that we got 2nd place in the People's Choice category! Power to the people! Pictures are on Facebook, or you can see them here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2490203&id=15902971&l=b268711932
    Congrats on 2nd place ... how fun!
  • awestfall
    Ok so I am in full stalker mode this morning lol.My birthday is coming up (July 13th) and I know that I am not going to be under 200 but I believe I can get pretty close if I walk walkwalk everywhere while I am at the beach which I intend on doing and trust me this is a chore with a 16,5, and 3 year old girls not to mention my big baby hubby who is 36 but thats the plan.I plan on walking everywhere within reason while we are down there.So hopefully I will bring a BIG LOSS back with me because I have planned our food out at the cabins for the week and it consists of chicken,veggies,fruit and nothing but healthy foods with the occasional smore once or twice but I know this won't hurt me as long as I stick to the plan.I am seeing now that you can eat healthy and have fun on vacation.I believe we will venture out to dinner one night next week .I am so freaking excited I haven't been to the beach since Paige my 5 year old was 3 so I can't wait I am so much like a little kid this week.My teenager says I act like a teenager and thats why her friends love me so much LOL
  • awestfall
    Good morning gals! I haven't logged on for a week and I was behind by 10 pages+! I skimmed through them all but I'm sure I missed some good stuff.
    lildeb: that doc sounds good - I know other people who have had great success changing their kid's behavior issues with diet changes. The owner of the resort we go to every summer has a son who has pretty severe autism and she was told he would probably have to be institutionalized - but he is doing very well and mostly with just a special diet, and a very set daily routine- he works at their resort and interacts fairly well with all the customers. She hunted and hunted until she found a doc that she liked.
    lilspy: congrats newlywed! I love your neighborhood stories.
    cogirl: you can totally see the weightloss you have achieved in your pictures, good for you! I had similar issues with our mortgage ... it is very frustrating - good luck! Also - Please tell momma2four that I miss her and hope all is well.
    cris & elmox: I HATE being hot too ... and our airconditioner isn't working well (seems to be going around) and it was HOT this weekend ... my hubby and I always fight over whether it is better to open windows and have humid air but at least it cools off a little at night or keep it closed up but it gets stuffy when the air isn't working ... I always vote for opening it up. I have to dig out our warranty because I think our air conditioner warranty expires either in the fall or it already expired in May ... I really hope it is in the fall and I can get them to our house this week before it gets hot again this coming weekend!
    bluenote: sorry about your PT meltdown ... but as usual you always make me smile with your stories! I can so picture you ranting and raving at the gym!
    jess: congrats on your loss!
    tstout: I hope things are going better this week, sounds like you had a rough one last week!
    awestfall & raiderape: have a great vacation!
    heather: I feel the same way - no energy because of all the crap I've been eating. I NEED to get back on track.
    pos_me: congrats on the 6 pound loss!
    susan&stongue&ddakota - hello and welcome!
    chronos: my hubby sabotages me too without realizing it ...
    mstahl: good luck getting ready for Meghan ... you must be excited! You have so much going on right now in your house!

well I've been bad. feeling very sorry for myself and down in the dumps. I had a doc appointment again last week, and MRI and physical therapy. I've got bulging discs in my neck (C3 through C7 for those of you that know discs). One of them is impinging on a nerve and that is causing the right shoulder/arm pain and numbness. The physical therapist thinks weekly therapy and daily traction (I brought home a neck stretching machine), along with prescription ibuprofen and muscle relaxers may take care of it in a few weeks. I really hope so. I'm going back to see my doc next week, and she wants me to see a neurosurgeon just to get their opinion so I will do that too. I'm just tired of it. It doesn't hurt enough to stop me from doing anything - just gets to me after awhile, and now I'm worried about making things worse. I can't lift weights or do pushups and I can just see the muscles disappearing in my arms ... I can do step class as long as I'm careful - but it's no fun when I'm worried all the time that I'm making things worse. But I HAVE to keep doing that to stay active. I haven't been tracking and have been doing pretty bad with my food choices. I've gained 3+ pounds when I was brave enough to try the scale. I'm also getting very anxious about our waterfront property not selling ... I want to get it sold so I can stop feeling bad that I don't want to go there anymore with the icky neighbors, and so that I can buy my Aunt's home and get her estate settled. worry, worry, worry, whine, whine, whine .... I need to get out of this funk! :angry:
    Ok Istpaul we are officially dragging you out of this FUNK you are in.We have all had a case of the FUNK this week or in weeks previous but you are still here and this is a good thing.You acknowledge that you have the FUNK now FIGHT IT LIKE A WOMAN!!! YOU can DO THIS AND YOU HAVE BEEN!! SO KEEP AT IT !! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU !!WE:heart: YOU!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Istapul- Im so sorry you have so much on your plate. I hope your neck is something reversable. I know Bobby has 2 discs on his back that are messed up and nothing but physical therapy worked. Ill be praying for you.

Awestfall- you do look great in your pics. I am so excited that you are going to the beach, you sound so happy! Ok Im a tad jealous I wish I was going too! I need a vacation but one where Im alone, lol

Bobby texted me back saying" U look great n we will do something luv u" :love: :flowerforyou: I dont know if he understands how much this means to me but it looks like he will try, lol we will see.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Bobby texted me back saying" U look great n we will do something luv u" :love: :flowerforyou: I dont know if he understands how much this means to me but it looks like he will try, lol we will see.
    yay!! :flowerforyou: I hope he understands!

awestfall-I'm so jealous you are going to a beach too. Not going to lie. Have lots of fun for all of us!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member

Yay Bobby!! :laugh:

elmox-- congrats on 2nd place! And I agree with Ann -- You look GOOD! :happy:
  • lstpaul
    Ok Istpaul we are officially dragging you out of this FUNK you are in.We have all had a case of the FUNK this week or in weeks previous but you are still here and this is a good thing.You acknowledge that you have the FUNK now FIGHT IT LIKE A WOMAN!!! YOU can DO THIS AND YOU HAVE BEEN!! SO KEEP AT IT !! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU !!WE:heart: YOU!
    Thanks everyone! You make me smile. :flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    That's great! I'm so glad he came through! :love:
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300

So glad that he is planning something! I know I would be disappointed too if my dh didn't realize the big accomplishment. Hopefully he will take you out on the town and show your hot body and dress off!!
  • raiderape
    Istpaul - Sorry that you are not feeling 100%. I see how it can be so frustrating that you can't workout to your full potential. Hopefully the PT will help with your sholder and discs.

Well, I kicked myself in the boo hiney and went and walked on my morning break. It felt yucky outside so I was trying to talk myself out of it but I am glad I didn't. Burned 100 calories in 15 mins!! I would do it in the afternoon too but I was already sweating too much for comfort for here at work and it was only 10:30 am! I soooo do not like the heat! I tell my dh I would love to live somewhere that actually had seasons. :laugh:
  • awestfall
    Istapul- Im so sorry you have so much on your plate. I hope your neck is something reversable. I know Bobby has 2 discs on his back that are messed up and nothing but physical therapy worked. Ill be praying for you.

Awestfall- you do look great in your pics. I am so excited that you are going to the beach, you sound so happy! Ok Im a tad jealous I wish I was going too! I need a vacation but one where Im alone, lol

Awe thanks Cris and Jess!!! I promise to have fun for us all.Maybe one day we can all meet up somewhere when we have all reached our goals.Wouldn't that be AWESOME!! Maybe bluenotes right maybe they should make a movie about us !! Cris I totally know what you are going through being consumed with everyday chores and children.Everyone needs a break at some point and they also need to be appreciated and acknowledged.Even after 7 years of marriage sometimes my husband forgets this and its hard for me to have a day away alone because I am a stay at home mom and we currently only have one vehicle which my hubby takes to work so I am cooped up in the house at least 5 days a week so I honestly feel for you.JUST KNOW WE APPRECIATE YOUR DEDICATION AND HARDWORK!!! You are an amazing lady!!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Thanks for the love on the grits and how I'm looking. :wink:

It was a super fun weekend. I was really comfortable in my body and being essentially "on display" for 300 people to see. There's still work to be done, but it's a great feeling to feel good about how I look. That added confidence is a great side effect of losing!

Cris - Knew Bobby would come through. :flowerforyou:
  • raiderape
    Lauren - I know this is probably crazy for you to hear but what exactly are grits? I have heard of them before but I have never actually tried them.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Grits = polenta = cornmeal. Pretty much just ground corn. They are HUGE in the South, but up here in Yankee-ville, we still appreciate them. Here's info on the competition: http://chili-takedown.com/?p=1311
  • raiderape
    Grits = polenta = cornmeal. Pretty much just ground corn. They are HUGE in the South, but up here in Yankee-ville, we still appreciate them. Here's info on the competition: http://chili-takedown.com/?p=1311

Thanks! Maybe one day I will try it because I like corn for the most part.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    cris - glad bobby came through (or promosies too ), i think sometimes guy's just dont' get things..we just got push them sometimes

I had a relavation today AND I DON'T LIKE IT ...i have shrunk..not width wise but height wise.

I have always said i was between 5'7 and 5'8 (looking a book my mom had on me in school, i was 5' 7 1/2 " my seniour year)..i have always been around 5'7..well on a whim i decided to measure my self...was i 5'7 NO...i was 5'6..this is upsetting me and i don't know why.

I am too young to be shrinking ..then hubby brought up a good point, after my little one was born my feet "grew" i used to wear a 10 (somtimes i 9 1/2 ) now a 11, the guy said at the show store it was more likely myarches have collapsed some vs they feet actually growing.

I am still taller than my sisters and my mom but , i was always the taller one...i have used 5'7 in all my calcuaations for my hrm and my cals, so i am sure i have to adjust that now and my cals /hr will all change..

Just not a good revelation for monday morning...and yes i am aware i am beeing silly;.
This discussion has been closed.