Over 200 New Year New Me Part 25

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    No ... not at all silly. I was very depressed when I had shrunk from 5'4" to 5'3" ... but the good news is that I am back to 5'4" and these measurements were all done at the doc office so I think they are pretty close to correct. I attribute regaining my height to all the extra exercise I've been doing this year - so there is hope you will get your height back! (p.s. I stuck with 5'4 for the year or so that I was actually 5'3" ... I don't think you need to change anything).
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Hi Everyone.....I'm back !!!!

I have not been able to read posts yet except the last one from LittleSpy on the old thread about the peeing neighbor so I'll be back later this evening to chat and read.
    Waikiki was a great trip, worked a lot but lovely to be outside and by the water when not working and the fruit & fish were amazing.

So LittleSpy, I would recommend moving :tongue: I have lived in neighborhoods like yours for many years in the past and the best thing I ever did was get out. You get used to it when you live there but after I got out and looked back it was shocking that I lived in those conditions for so long and I will NEVER go back. Now, maybe my neighborhoods were worse, Bedford Stuyvesant in Brooklyn in the early 90's Waaay before gentrification was one, crack houses and drug dealers everywhere, bodies left on stoops, stabbings and muggings all the time etc. Ahhh, the memories :noway:

talk later, meokk
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    No ... not at all silly. I was very depressed when I had shrunk from 5'4" to 5'3" ... but the good news is that I am back to 5'4" and these measurements were all done at the doc office so I think they are pretty close to correct. I attribute regaining my height to all the extra exercise I've been doing this year - so there is hope you will get your height back! (p.s. I stuck with 5'4 for the year or so that I was actually 5'3" ... I don't think you need to change anything).

Just curious why do you think exercise made you get the inch back... i want my inch back :smile:

I already changes it in MFP , lost 60 dang calories...i guess I will keep it there :sad: until i can prove that I am back to 5'7
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Meokk - You lived in Bed-Stuy in the early 90s?!?!?! Dang lady, that's hard core. Welcome back!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    does anyone else freak out a lil bit inside when MFP goes down for maintenance!? lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    does anyone else freak out a lil bit inside when MFP goes down for maintenance!? lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

YES!! I freak out if I can't get in or if it is running slow too. Is MFP going down for maintenance?
  • raiderape
    Hi Everyone.....I'm back !!!!

I have not been able to read posts yet except the last one from LittleSpy on the old thread about the peeing neighbor so I'll be back later this evening to chat and read.
    Waikiki was a great trip, worked a lot but lovely to be outside and by the water when not working and the fruit & fish were amazing.

So LittleSpy, I would recommend moving :tongue: I have lived in neighborhoods like yours for many years in the past and the best thing I ever did was get out. You get used to it when you live there but after I got out and looked back it was shocking that I lived in those conditions for so long and I will NEVER go back. Now, maybe my neighborhoods were worse, Bedford Stuyvesant in Brooklyn in the early 90's Waaay before gentrification was one, crack houses and drug dealers everywhere, bodies left on stoops, stabbings and muggings all the time etc. Ahhh, the memories :noway:

talk later, meokk

Welcome back!! We missed you! Glad you were able to still have fun when on business!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Cris-I totally do! I hate it!

Meokk-welcome back!!

Okay so I'm freaking out! My sister just emailed me. I have to go order my briadsmaid dress either tomorrow or the weekend I come back from vacation. She said they can take up to 12 weeks to go in so it needs to be done now. AHHH!!! I'm not ready!!!
  • cris20056

YES!! I freak out if I can't get in or if it is running slow too. Is MFP going down for maintenance?

I tried to get on a few mins ago to log my lunch and it said it was down for maintenance....yea I frekaed, it was up like a min later though
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member

Just curious why do you think exercise made you get the inch back... i want my inch back :smile:

I already changes it in MFP , lost 60 dang calories...i guess I will keep it there :sad: until i can prove that I am back to 5'7

Strength exercises help with muscles in your back and your posture .. and stretching is supposed to help with 'lengthening' your body. Pilates and yoga are supposed to be really good for keeping your height - but I can't say that I do much of that ... I should probably start though - especially with my back problems.
    I'll probably shrink again now that I can't do body pump for awhile! I didn't think of that! :sad:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Grits = polenta = cornmeal. Pretty much just ground corn. They are HUGE in the South, but up here in Yankee-ville, we still appreciate them. Here's info on the competition: http://chili-takedown.com/?p=1311

Thanks! Maybe one day I will try it because I like corn for the most part.

I'm from South Carolina so I feel pretty qualified to make a statement on grits. :laugh:
    Grits don't really taste like anything, they just taste like what you put on 'em.

In the southeast, people mostly eat them hot (you add grits to boiling water & let them cook. Of course they make instant grits & quick grits that can be made in the microwave, too) for breakfast and put butter,salt, cheese, or bacon (or all of the above) in them. There's also shrimp & grits which is a big deal in many places.

A lot of people don't like the texture or don't get that they don't taste like much of anything on their own. If you asked for plain grits at a southern breakfast joint & just dug right in, you probably wouldn't like them because... there'd be nothing to like on top of a gritty texture to not like.

I like grits, but they're really just a way for me to get more cheese, butter, and bacon in at breakfast. :tongue:
  • LittleSpy
    I am too young to be shrinking ..then hubby brought up a good point, after my little one was born my feet "grew" i used to wear a 10 (somtimes i 9 1/2 ) now a 11, the guy said at the show store it was more likely myarches have collapsed some vs they feet actually growing.

I had always been under the impression I was 5'4" but when I took measuring my height into my own hands, I came up much closer to 5'3." I don't think I'm shrinking yet because if I am, my mom must REALLY be shrinking fast. She has always claimed 5'2" but I can see straight over her head these days. :laugh:. My brother always said he was 5'10" but as of my birthday he now claims he's 5'8." Maybe the length of an inch has changed on newer rulers. :tongue: Probably it's a combo of shrinking, inaccurate measuring tapes, and human error though. It'll be okay. :flowerforyou:
  • raiderape
    Grits = polenta = cornmeal. Pretty much just ground corn. They are HUGE in the South, but up here in Yankee-ville, we still appreciate them. Here's info on the competition: http://chili-takedown.com/?p=1311

Thanks! Maybe one day I will try it because I like corn for the most part.

I'm from South Carolina so I feel pretty qualified to make a statement on grits. :laugh:
    Grits don't really taste like anything, they just taste like what you put on 'em.

In the southeast, people mostly eat them hot (you add grits to boiling water & let them cook. Of course they make instant grits & quick grits that can be made in the microwave, too) for breakfast and put butter,salt, cheese, or bacon (or all of the above) in them. There's also shrimp & grits which is a big deal in many places.

A lot of people don't like the texture or don't get that they don't taste like much of anything on their own. If you asked for plain grits at a southern breakfast joint & just dug right in, you probably wouldn't like them because... there'd be nothing to like on top of a gritty texture to not like.

I like grits, but they're really just a way for me to get more cheese, butter, and bacon in at breakfast. :tongue:

Thanks! I love me some cheese and bacon. I probably never would have thought of that. That sounds tasty!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Cris: Glad Bobby is "seeing the light" and promising to do something. The man is coming to his sense!

Meokk: Welcome back! Glad you had a good time in Waikiki.
  • LittleSpy

Yeah yours was worse. My neighborhood is like... little kids playing dress up and pretending my neighborhood is your old neighborhood.
    Mine is actually a pretty nice urban/suburban neighborhood undergoing revitalization. We just have a few crackheads/dealers hanging on for dear life but the rapidly increasing property taxes seem to be running them out at a good pace.
    This entire city is really really splotchy -- multi million dollar houses next door to crackhouses. It's a relatively older southern city and that's just kind of how it is down here even in the smaller cities. You have to get a good 15 miles away from the city limits before it's not like that. And then you have meth heads to deal with and they're really no better than the crackheads. :laugh:
    Our 5 year goal is to finish school (Scott's BS and my MLIS) and move to the North Carolina mountains and own enough land so that we can't see any of our neighbors. :laugh:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Hey girls,

WOW, what a chatty group this morning/afternoon!

I have 4 pages to read. I jsut finished my workout..boy did I sweat..love it.
    I am about to go take a shower and eat something because I am HUNGRY.

I had my daughter take a picture of me in my workout clothing yesterday..I know I don't show my face but I'm shy..I did take a pic of me and that is me @ 203 pounds...I don't see a difference I still see myself as that 245 pound girl...

Be back later..after I eat and shower.
  • cris20056
    pos_me- YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! WOW!!!!! Onederville here you come! I think you look pretty danr good at 203!!! :noway: :love:
  • LittleSpy
    pos_me- YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! WOW!!!!! Onederville here you come! I think you look pretty danr good at 203!!! :noway: :love:

I agree!!! That 203 looks GOOD on you!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Wow! I leave for a hour for a meeting and there are tons of posts!! I love it!

Pos Me-You look AMAZING!!! WOW! Are you sure you weigh 203!? No way!!

Well it's done. I agreed to go order my dress tomorrow night. I'm going to buy one that fits and hope I get it back in time for the wedding to have it altered as I BETTER have lost more weight by October. I'm so nervous! :indifferent:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Jess: Of course you're going to lose more weight by October!

Pos_Me: The other gals are right. You look awesome!

Julie: I love the plan on moving where you can't see your neighbors. My boyfriend and I would like to do that, too! Except we'd probably end up in Montana or somewhere else out west.
This discussion has been closed.