Options
    ^
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :)Alison, scanning photos is a great idea and I might decide to do that, but first I have to complete the task of going through them and deciding what to keep

:)Becca, you have some good plans for your treasures.

:)Joyce, Jake is in so much pain that he is looking forward to the surgery as a relief...he is also nervous about it and about the recovery period. He doesn't want to be a burden on me. Right now he is in so much pain that he seems to be comfortable only in the recliner which leaves me with doing all the dog walking and leaves a lot of his chores undone. We will muddle along one day at a time, just like you and Charlie have done with his surgery and recovery.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Beth, so happy for you that the scale had not gone up. You know that life throws us curves but you know what to do and that we are with you for this “start over”. Staying healthy and eating right is just like growing old….”It Ain’t For Sissies!”

Linda, so sorry about your DH’s parents. It’s a hard way to see them go. (Been there, done that)

NYKaren, it is so exhausting to have heated discussions like that with our kids. It’s not like anyone ever wins and sometimes you feel worse than before it started. Maybe you can at least suggest that she budget her money to have some left for the end of the semester? They do know “everything” at that age so it’s hard to get them to take advise. Good luck.

micheleNC, I’m glad your bug bite is better. (bet ya can’t say that 5 times, fast! LOL) I’ve been through menopause for years and I occasionally still have a mild version of a hot flash. When I weighed 50 pounds more I used to sweat (not perspire) all the time. Funny I didn’t realize it was related to being FAT. belly-dance.gif I know that’s not your problem.

KarenVA, you said to Pip, “You are 75% done and still have half the month left! You have time for a little R&R if you need it before the last push.” We aren’t sure that Pip knows about R & R. Or especially the “rest” part of it. She has been known to indulge in a bit of “recreation” from time to time. barman.gif I hope your alien son will come around on the home schooling if that is what ya’ll decide would be best.

Heather, I agree with Katla. It is so nice of you to take the time and trouble to share your journey with us each day. We love it, in case you can’t tell.

CarolNC, I had horrible leg cramps last night also. I think it had something to do with the line dancing yesterday but not sure. I have the bar of soap under my sheets and they have normally been better lately.

Re, I did get my screen name from Rocky Horror plus I joke that my Dad used to say that to me all the time.

Joyce, so sorry you and Charlie are still having bag problems. I can’t get over how lucky he is to have you and that you know how to take care of things. Can you just imagine if someone like me was trying to handle all of that? I’m sending good thoughts for you to get it worked out quickly. ((((Hugs))))

Tracy, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Come often and join right in.

Katla, how cool that you got to work with the horses in the ring that way. Glad you enjoyed it.

Joyce, if you have a big weed, you do know you need to dry it before you smoke it! laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Allie, that is a terrible situation at work. So how long has this guy treated you like this? I’ll certainly keep my fingers crossed for you. ((((Hugs)))) [later] I just read CarolNC’s post and think I like her suggestion the best of all those I’ve read. “Alison - You are truly in a rough patch. I don't know that I would have the guts to do it (and, I guess it's obvious that I don't), it sounds like you need to flat out ask him to calmly, without patients present, tell/show how you can better assist him with patients. As annoying as it is, it makes the other person feel better about themselves if you "assume the blame" when there is a problem.” Because the sad truth of the matter is, he is full time and if it came to replacing him or you, they would probably/possibly chose you. To them it’s a business and not a family. 2.gif

Lisa, I’ll be thinking of you and your DH over the next few events in your lives. ((Hugs)))

Heather, the galley tour you did is something I would have really enjoyed. I know what you mean about the last day of a cruise or any vacation but then it’s always nice to get home.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

My friends, I had to really read fast to get caught up so didn’t respond to many that I normally would have. I don’t think I told you that we are bunny sitting for a few days for our next door neighbors. They have two of the flop eared rabbits with a huge bunny condo in the end of the family room. They are fun to watch but often just sit and look at me. It’s almost like taking care of cats but you don’t empty their litter box, ya just change it ever two or three days. My neighbor is in Charleston for surgery. They recently discovered cancer of the lymph nodes. That sounds really bad but they seem to think with surgery and radiation they will be able to control it. He is only in his early 50’s and a real health and exercise fan so this has been a blow.
    You are all wonderful and some of you have had some real victories. I salute you.
    I read this today and immediately thought of sharing it with you.

A Good Life is when
    You assume nothing,
    Do more, need less,
    Smile often, dream big,
    Laugh a lot and realize
    How blessed you are.

I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! happy-day-smiley-emoticon.gif happy-rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katla – Chicken soup was something we got when we were sick. Always made me feel warm and fuzzy; maybe that is why there are so many books, “Chicken Soup for the Soul”, etc.

Barbiecat – I had gone through all our pictures and separated them by subject/person. I’m glad I had done so because DDnL#2 asked if I could send her some of DYS so she could make a scrapbook of each of them at about the same ages.

Becca – When my oldest son was a toddler, he was thin for his age; Pediatrician told me about WIC (Women, Infant, and Children). I could have gotten baby formula but I nursed him; so instead they delivered to my door, 2 big boxes of cereal, a gallon of milk, a huge block of cheese, bread, and I can’t think of the other things; but, it saved a mint on groceries for a family with a ‘stay-at-home-mom’ and only one income. We were on the program for 3 years. Getting those fairly big ticket items certainly helped. Husband fished a lot, so we ate fish a lot; he hunted, and it took me awhile to get used to eating ‘venison’. DOS’s family eats ‘venison’ all the time, which is their ‘red’ meat. DOS makes wonderful burgers, spaghetti, chili, and overall is a wonderful cook. DYS is also a great cook – Cajun-style. His new bride is also a good cook. The funniest thing that ever happened was when my DMnL came to stay with us about the time my DYS was 2-years-old. I cooked some venison cubed steaks (I soaked it overnight in milk); the next day, after Mass, we sat down to eat. DMnL talked about the tender cubed steaks. DOS pipes up before I could stop him and said, “Yeah, Nana … isn’t that deer meat just as good as regular meat?” The color drained from her face; and, after that she never would allow me to take meat out of the freezer and cook with it when she was there. We went to the store every other day and we cook grocery store meat from store, to refrigerator to counter, to stove, to table. I don’t think she ever trusted my cooking after that. Venison is ‘really’ good; and, how it is processed and the length of time from killing it and cleaning it makes a huge difference on whether it is 'gamey' tasting. DYS brought home a bunch of ‘crawdads’ and some ‘frog legs’ and cooked them. DYGD ate them without so much as holding her nose. DDnL#1 is not going to eat anything ‘different’ … DYGD said, “Don’t knock them until you try them.” I’m surprised that she eats my Traditional Christmas Eve Oyster Stew; but, she does. Last year I bought 4 pints of oysters to make it for the family.

Looks like a ‘proud Dad’ of three beautiful girls. That is how my Daddy would be looking, a big smile on his face. He was spoiled by the women in his family; and, he would have killed anybody who had ever messed with any of us.

Joyce - most nights I don’t even need to look up at the clock on the opposite wall. DH falls sleep every night at 8:50pm. Thankfully, he puts the remote on the table, so I can get to it. Then he will wake up about 10:00-10:30pm and ‘go to bed’. Sometimes we do battle over what to watch; but, I can always go into the bedroom; but, then I fall asleep. As soon as we get out glassed-in porch ‘finished’; we’re going to get a small flat screen TV to go in there. That way I can either go watch a different show or I can read.

Celebrated DOS's birthday today. We helped DDnL#1 buy him a 'new grill' ... he was 'so surprised'. They made him 'close his eyes' and cover his face and they guided him back to the patio. I thought he was going to faint! Got everything to go with it as well. Nice grill!!!!! The people who were having the party gave him $20. DDnL#1 told them 'they did not have to do that' ... DOS said, 'we'll use it this week to buy steaks and cook out since the girls are going back home with DOGD'. She had not 'thought' about that.

I'll have to make sure that I use the pool before son comes home from work, for my exercise.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • lilacroses622
    lilacroses622 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    DJ Myrtle Beach

"KarenVA, you said to Pip, “You are 75% done and still have half the month left! You have time for a little R&R if you need it before the last push.” We aren’t sure that Pip knows about R & R. Or especially the “rest” part of it. She has been known to indulge in a bit of “recreation” from time to time. barman.gif I hope your alien son will come around on the home schooling if that is what ya’ll decide would be best."

Yes I only just posted that about PIP and now she is 95% done with her race. She is a phenom!

Karen Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Tomorrow I will finish up with my goal and will surpass it :0) . Kirby is off tomorrow. I'm glad I knocked most of it out today.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,656 Member
    Options
    Karen – I love lantana too, does it overwinter in your climate? So the shopping list is for 18 pages of recipes, and there are 4 groups of kids, so some times they all make the same thing, some times 2 groups do one recipe and 2 groups do a different recipe at the end of the day we taste everything – the team that cooked talks about the cooking of that recipe – hard? Easy? “got ya-s”? and we rate the item. So the orange is for one day in the intermediate group I am doing a zucchini bread cook off.. (I got 2 HUGE zucchinis on my porch from the zucchini fairy – so I started looking at the zucchini bread recipes I had and decided each group would do a different one and the orange is for an orange-zucchini bread…

Allie – I think the idea was not that you let Dr.S work on you, but that then you would have a scheduled time to talk to him. I truly do not blame you for not wanting that person providing you dentistry.

I have a couple of favorite chili recipes and my vegie one I have not made in a long time as the calorie count is high, but I really wanted it – as this coming week is supposed to be hot and I like it on a salad with a few tortilla chips as a “taco salad” quick, filling, good just what I need after a day on my feet at camp. So I pulled it out, made some very simple changes (cut the oil from ½ cup to 2 teaspoons, used ½ as much cheese) and went from 563 cal. To 250 !!!! yeah!!! Tonight I had it on a baked potato, but on salad next week. Tomorrow I will BBQ some chicken so I can have cold chicken on salad too.. I am not as good as many of you on planning meals but with camp and my niece here all week – I need to have it together.

Pip – does Kirby always work weekends? I don’t remember hearing that before…. But it may not have stuck.. LOL

June Goals
    1 fun thing a week, graduation, visiting with Vickie, working in Eden garden,
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Pip, what are you going to do the next 12 days? I agree with KarenVA, You are a phenom!!!!8.gif
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,088 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Barbie prayers for Jake.

Karen love the Lantana.

Went and helped with a Pond activity at our local Nature Center. I decided seeing a pond filled with water lilies in bloom is on my bucket list. I do not have a bucket list per say. When I experience something magical I add it to my bucket list. I didn't bring a camera I plan to go back tomorrow to take pictures I am not sure it will do it justice.

My project today was to make a fairy garden for my garden. I got the idea from a friend on Facebook. Lenora of course it had to have pink flamingos. d9ra5vjvfv1m.jpg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did Prevention's Belly Butt and Thigh DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a warrior workout DVD. Now, when I downloaded it it said that it's 3 hours long. I'll probably only do an hour. Wonder if there's some sort of break after a certain amount of time? Well...we shall find out. I'll just watch the clock and be sure that I don't do more than an hour (unless I feel like it)

Re in TX - You go girl. It's so important to get something in. Pretty soon you'll be doing all those crunches

Mary - this lady said that there are these ferill cats who take up residence in her garage. they pee under her car and it smells. Someone told her to use coyote urine and that'll keep the cats away. Can't believe coyote urine would smell much better than cat urine. Anyway, she's going to give it a try and just put the urine around the perimeter of her car. Who knows?

miriam - what'll happen if you explain to the doc that it goes into pneumonia? Hope you feel better fast

Joyce - can you put some Ground Clear on that weed? Use the concentrate, not the ready made stuff. Many times I need to make a 50/50 solution of the concentrate, not the ratio the package recommends. This kills the weeds faster. After the weed dies off, you can use gloves and then pull it out of the ground.

Lisa - please ask you husband, what do they do when they have a lot of weeds growing on a dirt mound that they need to cut down? They can't take a machine up on that mound. So how do they get rid of the weeds? Good luck on your hubbys next adventure!

Heather - those lectures sound so interesting. I would have found the Galley Lecture to be interesting. Bet you got some good tips

barbie - $75.00 really isn't bad at all. One good thing is that they understand how you don't know well in advance when you'll be leaving. I remember when Vince was in the hospital in Switzerland. Thank goodness I was staying with my friend. Most hotels want to know in advance exactly when you're leaving. I didn't know, but it really wasn't a big thing since she was flexible and let me stay with her until he was out of the hospital.

Karen - I made the chocolate pudding cake. To be honest, I was surprised how "cakey" it came out. The worst part was as I was taking it out of the pan, it slipped off the thing I was going to cool it on so it broke into a million pieces. Not sure if they'll dry out or not so I put half in the refrigerator and will probably freeze that and half for him to eat (the broken pieces)

Kim - 113 cups of flour! Do you have to say "well, there's 8oz in a cup (is it the same for dry as wet ingredients), so that's how I'll know how many pounds to get. Good luck on the interview! That's how we used to buy food when I worked in the foods area of the school. We'd make a shopping list of all the ingredients needed for each item. Then go shopping. Same thing...sometimes multiple "kitchens" made the same item

lao... (please give us an easier name to call you) - sounds like you made some very good choices. I'm like you, I always have to have my snacks with me.

Lenora - happy birthday to your son. Was it a belated birthday?

Exercised then made that chocolate cake. It is pretty tasty. Only problem was when I went to invert it to take it out of the pan, it slipped off the thing I was going to put it on and broke in half. So I put 1/2 in the freezer and have the other half for Vince to eat. Then went in the pool. Tonight we went to a baseball game with the Newcomers. I took a veggie burger, a sandwich round, carrots, dried peas, and cherries with me. I just had water to drink.

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I think it was Karen, or was it Virginia, or was it Karen in Virginia????? Anyway someone was trimming zoyjia (SP?) grass and putting it somewhere. So I can trim around my sidewalk and then take those trimmings and plug them into places that need grass like my areas that have green weeds so we just leave it alone????? That would be a wonderful idea.

So let me get this straight Allie. One time you were having some tooth work done and this awful dentist was doing it. While he was doing it, he was going in and out of the room and you had to get up and get another dentist to finish????? Is that what you said and meant? If so, that may be why he has such a difficult time around you. In your eyes, he is a failure. And I didn't mean for you to put yourself on his schedule under a differnet name to actually have something done. I was just suggesting you do this so that he was stuck in the room with you and another assistant and he was forced to talk to you.

I would imagine by the time Heather reads this, she is home. Oh but what is she going to do????? She can't sit still, she can't sleep since she is all hyped up still. Hope you and your hubbie enjoyed it as much as we did. And we didn't have to pay for it and all the clothes!

I sure was hoping that this hole in Charlie's bellie that I am packing would be all closed up by the time he sees the doctor on Wednesday. Charlie got a really bright, and I mean really bright, flashlight for Christmas and I tried to look in it to see how much more we have to get filled in. I'm afraid it won't be all filled in. That means more packing 3 times a day. We don't mind it but i just want it to all be done so that he can feel like he is more on the road to recovery. One less dressing on. He still wears his diaper because of rectal drainage. Well it's not rectal because there is no rectum. The one thing he is so upset about is that the one thing that has not healed and is bothering him the most is his butt. The poor guy has no butt crack. And it feels like it is tight. Just think if your butt cheeks were pulled together how tight that would feel. That's what he feels mainly. A guy has to have a butt crack you know!

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Godmomkim and damnit - Kirby doesn't have a set schedule, I gave up on trying to figure it out. Tomorrow he's off so we will go to the gym tomorrow. I ride everyday anyway, so I will just end up going over goal. The only diff is I won't have to ride the longer distances if I don't want to or feel like it
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Margaret- nice job on the fairy garden!

Michele - interesting about the urine!
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • desanders68
    desanders68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well this is my first time here and I have high hopes of it keeping me in line on what goes in my mouth. I look forward to chatting with any and all of you or seeing your posts. I am in my 70's and have had both knees replaced and can't walk or stay on my feet for long as my back also is really sore. But I know if I can follow this and loose this weight I will really benefit in many ways. It's just so hard at my age and not being able to walk or exercise like I wish I could. My son is 52 and lives with me, we both need to lose. He is mentally challenged but does quite well and is a lot of company and help to me. Does anyone know if it's possible to do a chart for his meals too? I would appreciate your input. Thanks
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,656 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Just sitting in the lounge, waiting to be called for our shared taxi. :)
    I didn't sleep too well last night Joyce as I was a bit hyped up.
    Yesterday I started the Duolingo Spanish course, so that will tide me over until the next holiday in October. When I did the test I was 57% fluent. :laugh:
    The journey home will be under or over 3 hours. Nothing in the house to eat, but I will rummage some rolls out of the freezer and try to find a bit of cheese without mould on it.

Thanks for coming on my journey with me. I so enjoy sharing it with you. :D<3

Heather UK