WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :) Jake and I agreed a long time ago to not make a fuss out of holidays so there were no Fathers Day cards or gifts for him and no restaurant meal....both his children called him first thing this morning. We spent time together going through more pictures and then watching some TV together while I did my weight training and folded laundry. It is sunny and chilly today and I've been out several times with the dogs...now they are asleep in our bed with the cat.

:) I haven't heard from Sylvia or Vicki from Nebraska, but I checked and found out that they both logged onto MFP yesterday so they haven't disappeared, they just aren't posting on this thread.

m1277.gif to all the new members...I hope you'll keep coming back...this works best if you show up every day and join the conversation...we were all new at some point and now we feel like we know each other because of daily communication.

:)Cherie, that is great news about the choices your husband has for a job and that at least one of them is in a location that is appealing to you both.

:)Heather, both you and the scenery look great in your pictures...I would have loved to go on your trip except for the part about having to dress up.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Cheri
    Sunny NE oHIo soon to be in......??

I love the thot that no matter where your husband decides to go, you will still be just as close as ever to us. Great to have options.

Janetr OKC (which its still HOT)

We are blessed to have each other no matter where we call home!

I am tuckered out. Everything on me hurts. We straightened, organized, cleaned, swiffered and vacuumed the entire first floor and second floor today. Basement/rec room tomorrow. If I can stand. Preparing for the realtor to come over and start the process of getting the house on the market. This will be our 4th home we are selling. We got this.

The hubs crunched the numbers and feels sure we can make it happen. Just waiting to hear back from the hiring agent if they will pay for us to go down for housing search or if we should make our own plans. Neither of us has ever been to Texas!

I'm going to take some Aleve and settle on the couch with my feet up.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Cheri
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Happy Fathers Day to my Dad. He's been gone for almost 39 years, well over half of my life, but I still think of him most every single day. Here's a pic of him with my Mom and all my sisters and me.
    sbvdk4l29u39.jpeg

You are the stunning one in pink! Tell me I am right...
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    back row dark pink....I need to specify.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Nope, that's the oldest sis and I'm the youngest, she and I call ourselves "the bookends". I'm second from the left in the back row. :)

Janetr okc
  • Annr
    Options
    Son has gone with the recruiter at about 2:30 PM today. It will be a long day for him tomorrow. He brought his favorite book, The Foundation Series, by Isaac Asimov. Maybe he brought is as security blanket of sorts. He was in 4th grade the first (of many) times he read it. I used to kid him and say, "It's a novel and a weapon", because it has like 900 pages! He has read it so many times I am sure he has memorized it. I am thinking it will help him sleep at the hotel tonight. We will call him later after the dinner hour. See how he is doing.

Becca
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Becca, lol nope 2nd from left in the black and white dress, longer hair. Don't worry we all look a lot alike, especially as we get older.

Janetr okc
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,647 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Annr
    Options
    Well Holy cannolli!!!... I sound like the fight scenes in the old TV series of "Batman & Robin"... lol I was wrong. Oopsy. Wow was your pop outnumbered.. No fighting on what shows you ladies got to watch. Hm, shall we watch "The Andy Williams" show, or "Wild Kingdom "... hahaha.

Becca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ I thought you were the first one on the left top row. LOL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,646 Member
    Options
    _
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    HeatherUK

Eres una hermosa mujer.

Du er en vakker kvinne.

Karen in Virginia.
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Becca you are so right about what was watched on TV. He was definitely the king of the castle. By the way, we didn't gey a TV intil in was in kindergarten. :)

Carol GA thanks, she's just a year older than me and has always been the skinny one. I've been heavy my entire life. Lol

Janetr okc
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Annr
    Options
    So just rec'd a call from son, he made it fine to the hotel. Seemed happy, and excited. Oh and by the way the card he wrote to his father for Fathers Day was touching. It said:

"You inspire me to reach up to my dreams, yet give sense. You make me laugh, with your innuendos, You make me feel lucky to have you. Thank you. Happy Fathers Day, love Owain...."

He is such an amazing son.... I thanked my husband for being the father of my sons... lol No card though, he is not my father. Hallmark already gets a lot of my money throughout the year!

Well going out for pizza.... Feels strange not having teenager with us. Husband is all adolescent grabby, sheesh!! Parameters husband!!! See its that romantic liver he received I tell you!!

Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,646 Member
    Options
    \
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lisa: I'm sending good thoughts for your DH and his job. I hope it works out in both of your best interests. :smile:

Cheri: Wishing you and your DH the very best possible luck with his job search. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Thanks for sharing more photos. You look stunning in your "impulse dress." Here you are, just unpacking and already planning to go to Mexico. You are amazing! :bigsmile:

Janetr: Are you in pink and in the front next to your mom? :huh: I ask because that smile matches yours, IMHO. :wink:

Melanie from Baton Rouge: 54 is young. I'm about 12 years older than you and I'm younger than I've been in decades. Welcome! :smiley:

We went shopping today and bought an ottoman that we hope will serve as our dog's new bed and window seat. If he doesn't like it we'll take it back, but it is a long and unpleasant drive. Oh well. Our daughter called and wished her dad happy Father's Day. Tough times for her right now so it is especially heart warming that she took the time to call her dad. She's just lost one of her brothers-in-law after an extended stay in the hospital. It has been hard for their whole family for months and a miserable Father's Day for them.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a Warrior Workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one more segment of the Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

dsanders - welcome! Di you monitor what your son eats? Then I would think it would be entirely possible to log his food. There are plenty of ladies on here who are in your situation

Heather - Thank YOU for sharing your journey with us. I look forward to loads and loads of pictures.

Went outside and we moved 4 HEAVY pieces of chimney to the back of our property. Think 7 rows of bricks held together with mortar. I tell you, it wasn't easy. We got one piece into the dumpcart but the other pieces we dragged with the tractor to the back of our property. Then I got my belated Mother's Day gift and today's Father's Day Gift. We trimmed the trees. I'm so thankful we have land at the back of our property where we can throw these sorts of things.

Lisa - sure hope your hubby's boss takes the offer, sounds like a good compromise

Karen - please let me know what I did wrong. I would so much love for those to be brownie-like. I put a box of cake mix mixed with a small box of cook&serve chocolate pudding, added some chocolate chips (which melted but that's ok), poured that in the pan and put some chocolate chips on top. Didn't add any egg or anything. What did I do wrong?

Cheri - so happy dh got the job he (and you) really wanted!

Heather lovely pictures and fantastic dress. You and hubs look so great

Alison - I love coupons and get mad at myself when I forget them (like I did last night for the baseball game)

Melanie - welcome! Congrats on quitting smoking

Selena - welcome to you, too. How wonderful that you have a personal trainer!

Rori - where did you get "the Calorie Myth"? Audible doesn't have it.

Just finished skyping with Denise and Pete. She said that it makes her feel good in that we want to do it, and this is about the only way that we can, so we do. It's nice to do it, too

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options