Serial Starters

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    So Wolverine used to work at the drugstore on the corner. I called him that because we'd chat and he told me one day he likes to channel wolverine when he worked out. I named him drugstore wolverine. He now is hardware store wolverine. Really his name is Nathaniel but that's my son's piano teachers name so wolverine will always be wolverine. I tend to chat with people when I go out. I've friends everywhere. Haha
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    Good evening,

Reading at work and posting are not the same thing..... busy day here.

Saltine - very sorry to hear about your mother- sending good thoughts for you and your family.

Frozen lasagna for the truly lazy tonight.

Second ginger candy arrived today. They do taste a little different, but luckily both are okay.

Dawn , even the youngsters have to learn new things on the computer when they start a new job - no 2 systems are alike. Dont freak out, give yourself time, please.

Crawling to Lana's Palm Tree - Miss Tillie will be with me.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    an hour lunch-- take a walk before/after eating, take a nap in your car, take a book /crossword puzzle . Going back to that place is not productive, you get your animal care "fix" from your job. Just saying.

I am hoping to get in some good walks, if it ever cools down... right now, it is just miserably hot and I would just melt... and, not feel (or smell) well when I went back...
  • arniedog74
    Saltine24- so very sorry...I lost my Dad to Congestive heart failure, caused from kidney failure... he passed Dec 30th... that was rough... still is... don't think about you not being there in that moment... think of all the wonderful times that you were there and all the memories you made together... your mom loved you... she knew you were there... stay strong.. and, a good cry is always good for you
  • Tilliesmommy1
    w2e7we92z44n.png

One of the best people I know at work finally got a promotion!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    s5f0ysgmrik8.png
  • arniedog74
    Sara - that is wonderful! Seems like good doesn't come to deserving people as much as it should... congrats to her!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, bad air through weekend - yippee!

Was looking for dog last night to go out and she was just sitting there looking at me. Her back toe nail got caught in a fur clump her scratching created so she just sat there. I got the toe freed/clump cut out, trimmed hair on other side of body and sprayed areas with an itch relief medicine. Allergies and long toe nails - who would have thought?

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Poor Miss T... dogs sure can struggle with allergies... my girl is miserable... feel so bad for her...

Just stopping by to say, Have a great day everyone!
    BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,961 Member

Saltine ~

So sorry to hear about your great sadness and grief from missing your dear mother. Sending you hugs over the internet during this tough time. I hope you find peace.

Lana

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Greetings, all - Tess here. I've been using MFP since January 1 and found it to be a useful tool so far in this journey. I occasionally scan the community message boards for information and inspiration.

For the last week, I've found myself captivated by this group, so decided to take the plunge and introduce myself. I love how you share stories about your days and truly support each other. From reading some of the past messages, I understand that many of you have known each other for a while from WW, but have also been incredibly welcome to "newbies" as well.

For those of you who are sweltering through summer heat and humidity, I can relate as I live in the Washington DC area. This is the time of year when it becomes readily apparent that D.C. was built on a swamp.

A quick message and virtual hug to Saltine. Having lost both of my parents st various points in my life, I well understand how different anniversaries - whether actual days or dates - can be triggers. Be kind to yourself, and know that what you're going through is part of the grieving process. Cry as much as you need to, and know there are people who care.

Dashing to work so will sign off now. Happy Wednesday/Hump Day to all.

• AliNouveau
    Welcome Tess.

It's a beautiful day here. Just getting an upper boy workout in and then off to do errands for our trip next week. Since my child is part fish (he doesn't get this from me) and will want to go in the cold Pacific Ocean I'm off to find him a swim shirt and maybe one for me and hubs as well

Hope you all have a great day!
  • LanaCabana537

Welcome to Tess! Yes indeed - you must stay in the air conditioning in DC!

Dawn - hang in there with the computer business. Take it as slowly as you need to learn it correctly. In a few weeks no one will remember if it took you a long time to learn. One step at a time, so you understand. Speed will come later.
    If you can't walk during lunch hour, just rest and eat and plan your food for the next day. ;)

Ali - was the Wolverine hardware store visit related to the lawn mower power cord extravaganza?

Sara - You keep an eye on the Cabana Boys today--I've got some housework to do. :(

Waves to Kathryn and RSGold and Annie and anyone else who stops by later on.

I cannot wait to break the 240s. I fly back to NYC on Saturday, with Sunday being the "official weight day". I get into a lot of calorie/food trouble in airports/on planes, no matter how I plan. I think getting enough sleep Friday night might be the key, so I am rested and not cranky, needy, and self-soothing.

Lana

240.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    I really need to start moving more. This job is too sedentary. I am maintaining but not losing. (of course, calorie intake a bit askew lately) Started making myself walk to the restroom that is farthest from my office. Same with the water fountain. Setting reminders on Alta to move to get at least 300 steps per hour. Schedule is rather hectic remainder of week, but eventually I want to start packing a pair of tennis shoes that I can throw on and use treadmill during lunch and/or after work. (if i can get to it. the gym is very busy after work)

Humidity down so weather yesterday and today has been great. (and me stuck in an windowless office for 10 hours a day. blah!) Thursday, storms roll back through.
    Head out to Michigan to see my sister Friday. Hope weather is nice there. Am taking my big black lab, Callahan. He loves to ride in the Jeeps, but this will be his first long trip and staying overnight at someone else's house.

Hi to Tess!

Dawn - hows it going? feeling better about the new job?

Sara - does the itch spray help Miss Tillie?

Ali - my SIL is an author. in one of her books was a werewolf character which she talked about a lot while working through stories. so one time at a school function, my nieces said something about her boyfriend, wolf. ironically, the school custodian was a rather hairy fellow that everyone called wolf. so my SIL was very embarrassed had a lot explaining to do to everyone.... LOL

Lana - toss a towel & a bottle of sunscreen on a chair for me. i will be over for some Cboy pampering soon!

157.5 today
    216 highest
    145 goal
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Kathryn~~
    I have doggie envie. Everyone has dogs. I cannot wait until I retire and get to live in NC permanently and can have doggies! I hope Callahan enjoys the visit with your sister~~

So I just sat down with MFP and my laptop and actually futzed around with the day's food plan so that I can almost be in the green. If I get some activity in and log it, I will definitely be in the green.

Lana
  • hickchic67
    Lana - my sister also has a black lab but she "shares custody" with a family. the family wants a dog but they travel too much for part of the year. so my sister will let them keep Mel for the months they are home and not traveling. i had never heard of such a thing, but it works for them. Mel is at her other house while we visit so Cal will have the house (and the attention) all to himself.
  • arniedog74
    Lana - great WI! If you can stay strong in airport, you'll be well under 240 goal no problem! :)

I was able to assist by myself, yesterday! Only once, cuz it was simple... but, I did it! Today, I was shown how to hold the leg on a dog to draw blood...a lady came in with 3 dogs and, I got to hold 1 for blood draw...Doc told me I did a good job! That makes me feel good! I got heartworm testing figured out, fecal float (kinda)...I need work with microscope... almost 43 years old and I've never used a microscope... first time for everything...

Kathryn - I've heard people talk about shared "custody" of animals... I've even heard of something like what your sister does...I think it's very sweet, when someone helps those who can't have furbabies....I would be lost without mine... no one would want them, they're way too spoiled...
    I'm also trying to find ways to get more steps in...I thought, for sure in this job, my steps would be up... they might be a bit, when I know more what I'm doing... right now, I kinda stand around a lot, trying to figure out what to do...I'm catching on a little...

Well, gotta get back to it... Will check in later....

Have a great rest of the day!
  • hickchic67
    Whoo hoo Dawn!! See, you're doing a good job!!

The shared pet custody is all new to me. I guess it would make sense for some people.
  • AliNouveau
    Yay dawn awesome

Re per custody I saw on Facebook a friend who is a family lawyer post its the first time she's sew someone asking for support since he was the main caregiver for the dog.

I just wrestled with my dishwasher Thst wasn't working and I seem to have fixed it. Even got to use the drill it's a good day
  • hickchic67
    Ali - As long as it wasn't drilling holes in the bottom to help it drain, you're good! ;)